Sign in to follow this  
Ian182

Jordan Rhodes

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No.... Did you say you think were more likely to sign Tevez?[/quote]

Of course not, that would be Stupid.

Its funny, because the rest of your post looks alot like what I posted.

[quote user="HuckerbysMullet"]odds are now 8/13[/quote]Well they were 1/2 so that means they''re climbing again. It''s off folks.

What if I said that we only loaned Martin to Palace until the end of the month because we are trying to use him as part of the deal to bring another player in? 

It couldn''t be Rhod[:O]..... ..... no probably not

[quote user="CDMullins"]

So whats the scam?

No one is forcing people to bet on it.

The more mugs that do, the less the price. Simple.

Theres no scam, just mis-informed money

[/quote]

Okay if it was a scam this is  how the scam could work a couple of options1, Someone picks a small market where you can place a bet but also lay the bet ( Lay = betting against it not happening) a, Odds in this case were 20-1 on Rhodes joining Norwichb, Start a rumour and watch it spread over the internetc, Odds tumble in this case as far as 1/2 as bets are placed thinking this may happend, odds on the Lay bet get a lot better as bookies offer the lay bet at a better ratee, The person working the scam places a large bet on the lay side (lay = it won''t happen)f, Rumour is proved unfounded and betting decreases and odds on him coming to Norwich so back to 5/1 then 10/1 and posibbly 20/1 againTransfer never happens then the person who started the rumour collects his decent lay bet and wins.

2nd optionsa, Bookmaker is quiet and not taking a lot of money and needs to increase stakesb, An employee or someone connected starts a rumour on a particular marketc, Bookmaker offers decent odds or is the only one offerring oddsd, Bookmaker takes loads of bets at shorter odds in 10/1 5/1 11/10  knowing that it is only a rumour without foundationf, if Bookmaker wanted to he could cover himself and place these bets elsewhere at 20/1 etc so no risk to themselves or carry the bets knowing it was a rumour only and when it doesn''t happen pockets all the bets.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="CDMullins"]

So whats the scam?

No one is forcing people to bet on it.

The more mugs that do, the less the price. Simple.

Theres no scam, just mis-informed money

[/quote]

Okay if it was a scam this is  how the scam could work a couple of options

1, Someone picks a small market where you can place a bet but also lay the bet ( Lay = betting against it not happening)
a, Odds in this case were 20-1 on Rhodes joining Norwich
b, Start a rumour and watch it spread over the internet
c, Odds tumble in this case as far as 1/2 as bets are placed thinking this may happen
d, odds on the Lay bet get a lot better as bookies offer the lay bet at a better rate
e, The person working the scam places a large bet on the lay side (lay = it won''t happen)
f, Rumour is proved unfounded and betting decreases and odds on him coming to Norwich so back to 5/1 then 10/1 and posibbly 20/1 again
Transfer never happens then the person who started the rumour collects his decent lay bet and wins.

2nd options
a, Bookmaker is quiet and not taking a lot of money and needs to increase stakes
b, An employee or someone connected starts a rumour on a particular market
c, Bookmaker offers decent odds or is the only one offerring odds
d, Bookmaker takes loads of bets at shorter odds in 10/1 5/1 11/10  knowing that it is only a rumour without foundation
f, if Bookmaker wanted to he could cover himself and place these bets elsewhere at 20/1 etc so no risk to themselves or carry the bets knowing
it was a rumour only and when it doesn''t happen pockets all the bets.

[/quote]

Utter tosh.

Option 1 - bookies dont cut odds based on ''internet rumours''

Option 2 - Book makers dont have employee''s spreading internet gossip

CD MullinsYou wrote "Utter tosh.

Option 2 - Book makers dont have employee''s spreading internet gossip"

My reply.

I,m afraid you don''t know the industry very well.

[quote user="The Young One"]CD Mullins

You wrote
"Utter tosh.

Option 2 - Book makers dont have employee''s spreading internet gossip"

My reply.

I,m afraid you don''t know the industry very well.

[/quote]

Dont tell my boss, you''ll have me sacked.

In all seriousness though, I know Lee Clark has come out and said time and time again that Rhodes will be going no-where in this window, but with all this latest speculation surely he should come out and say it again? That way it puts it all to bed and it''s not as if it''s wasted words, I''m sure Hudds fan''s are begging for that to happen today.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It does seem strange that the OP sets up account on 30/01/12 and posts a big rumour that encourages betting. Then leaves without a trace.[/quote]

He was just passing on something that had been put up on Twitter (which is a more logical place to start a transfer rumour than this one-man-and-his-dog forum).

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It does seem strange that the OP sets up account on 30/01/12 and posts a big rumour that encourages betting. Then leaves without a trace.[/quote]

He was just passing on something that had been put up on Twitter (which is a more logical place to start a transfer rumour than this one-man-and-his-dog forum).

[/quote]You speak as a matter of fact so can I ask you a couple of questions ?So when did he/she tell you that ? Also when you next speak to him/her can you ask whey they signed up yesterday just to post that and why they haven''t posted since ?

Same site that said Rhodes was off to Villa if Bent went to Liverpool. Think they are taking several shots in the dark in hope they are right on one or two of them.

Something must be happening, Snowy just gave me the nod and wink[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ricardo204/P1010040.jpg[/IMG]

He''s never wrong

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]You know what they say. Big cat.......big cat flap.[/quote]

He''s got his own key mate.