Sign in to follow this  
MAJESTIC

Delfouneso

http://www.fansfc.com/story/37952.html

Top Story

Delfouneso in Norwich City frame

06:30 PM 03 January, 2012

Nathan Delfouneso has been added to Norwich City Football Club’s wanted list.

Paul Lambert’s side have made an impressive return to the Premier League this season, and they hope to secure their status in the top-flight as early as possible this year.

The Scottish coach has cash to spend during the January window, but he hopes he can land Delfouneso on loan from Aston Villa for the rest of the campaign.

The 20-year-old has made just one Premier League start for the Midlands club this term, and Alex McLeish may be prepared to let the striker leave on a temporary basis so he can gain regular action.

what do people reckon

Can''t see anything more than a rumour at the moment but having said that, he is exactly the type of play I''d expect Sir Paul to be looking at - would be a decent signing in my book, big, strong, quick and an eye for goal.

Agree he hasn''t done much since turning pro. Mind you, Lambert seems to know how to get the best out of players that''s for sure!

I agree that this is the type of player Lambert is after, because boy does this lad have something to prove, and Lambert is one of the best around at getting the best out of players. He''s really not done a lot at the start of his first team career.

If he''s not going to cost us much, or is on a loan until the end of the season, then yeah, I''d like to see him in as backup - Surely a young striker with something to prove is a better bet on the bench than Wilbraham?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]on loan?[/quote]

Good point, we can take any more players on loan as we currently have our two (De Laet and Ayala)

Ayala is a full signing, I dont know why i keep reading on here that people think hes a loan! And Lambert has confirmed he intends to sign Naughton in this window... if that comes off then that leaves us a loan space!

Sorry Birch, I meant Naughton. But I suppose if we sign him permanently, then it does leave room for another loan player..

I swear his name is always linked with us on one of them rumour sites in every transfer window.

All I know is despite not having done that much, he has plenty of pace, something we don''t really have a lot of.Wouldn''t mind it, but he doesn''t jump out at me put it that way.

He''s a ''take it or leave it'' kind of player, ie. If we get him, then that''s a decent signing, if we don''t we haven''t missed out on a top player anyway. He has bags of pace and can finish, but he hasn''t become the player Villa expected him too. We can get another loan in btw, but only on a short term (2 or 3 months I think)

Signing a player like Delfouneso would indicate how the club really see the potential fitness/fragility of James Vaughan who is scheduled for a return in early Feb...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Signing a player like Delfouneso would indicate how the club really see the potential fitness/fragility of James Vaughan who is scheduled for a return in early Feb...

[/quote]Or, they are looking to create two partnerships, Holt + Vaughan and Morrison + Delfouneso??

Iam doubtful about this prospect. I know that great things were expected of him when he first played in the Villa first team, but he doesn''t seem to have progessed since. To judge by his limited appearances this season, he doesn''t stand very high in the pecking order where he is.

Would he be any better than Jackson or Martin, and would he get in the team if Vaughan comes back and stays fit?

I appreciate that a loan signing costs less probably, but would we be signing anyone other than a bench warmer in the absence of injuries or suspensions?

I also have some doubts, but he does have the advantage of being able to play as a striker or on the wing. His height and pace could prove useful, but it would be a gamble to be sure.

I also wonder if PL is waiting for the Naughton situation to be sorted out before making other moves.