Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Man City to beat Wolves for me too this week.

Good luck all PUP''s

[quote user="Fellas"]I''m just gonna say this, because I personally feel things are going a bit too far, but the spirit of this thread is to help the picker give you best pick, your "nap", the result you feel certain is going to come in. Sometimes, your pick might look quite long, or there is a long pick that you feel very confident about. Sometimes your pick is short, but that is not the point, we are looking to help our picker out by giving him a choice of selections that he can put his or her faith in. It doesn''t matter how many times a nap is made, whether someone fancies a particular team regularly or if the nap is shorter than others.

And those are not my words.

Once again best luck to all the PUPs and good luck Dogger, I would love to see you up on the "hall of fame"!

[/quote]

Agreed Fellas, we''ve seen enough occasions where we''ve got 5/6, the aim of this is to pick winners, winners and more winners for the picker.  So what if, the same team is picked more than once, if it wins then thats the most important thing.  Incidentally, i noticed a few bigger priced winners last week, most notable Levante, who were around 10/3 and also someone tipped the friday night game at 15/8.  I pointed out last week that Barca looked too shourt against Seville, likewise, this week, the likes of Chelsea and Spurs both look a tad short and could be worth taking on...  Perhaps 2 games worth watching the bet in play markets...  theres normally a few goals between Everton and Man U, so may be worth a look at the overs market and perhaps 3-2, 2-3, 2-2 and 3-3...

Anyway my selection this week

Barcelona to get back to winning ways please...

Good luck everyone

Oh and for all the pups who are after value, perhaps someone may want to start up a thread for value bets of the weekend or something???

So, i have been sitting here for the past couple of hours, weighing up the six picks and think i have managed my final selection!!Thanks for all you Pups with the suggestions & thanks to Nigel for the opportunity.So far at least 11 of you have gone for Man City, so these would have been the obvious choice but i have gone against the grain, something just niggles at me, is it that impossible Wolves will nick a draw??Anyway, my final 6 is as follows;Crawley Town v Accrington - Home winValencia v Getafe - Home winSwansea v Bolton - Home winAnderlecht v Lierse - Home winWelling v Hampton & Richmond - Home winParis SG v Caen - Home winHoping i can do my bit for the cause, Swansea is probably the most unsafe out of the six but i will go with Muddy & Excited Canary, thanks again everyone and fingers crossed.[B]

[quote user="Fellas"]I''m just gonna say this, because I personally feel things are going a bit too far, but the spirit of this thread is to help the picker give you best pick, your "nap", the result you feel certain is going to come in. Sometimes, your pick might look quite long, or there is a long pick that you feel very confident about. Sometimes your pick is short, but that is not the point, we are looking to help our picker out by giving him a choice of selections that he can put his or her faith in. It doesn''t matter how many times a nap is made, whether someone fancies a particular team regularly or if the nap is shorter than others.

And those are not my words.

Once again best luck to all the PUPs and good luck Dogger, I would love to see you up on the "hall of fame"!

[/quote]

Thank you Fellas. It was a point I tried to get through on my opening post. Ray and I never allowed any censorship of selections. There is no obligation to look for another selection if yours is already picked. The beauty of these threads is that pickers go to places they are comfortable to pick and pick selections they are confident will win.

Now as I said in the opening post "The competitiveness of our league helps focus the minds of those at the top. None of them will relinquish their records lightly. Not just at the top but throughout the league PUPs are bringing something to the Rays Funds table. I mentioned Norfolkchance1’s fabulous 5 consecutive away wins yesterday and others are on there whilst giving riskier selections in an attempt to boost funds. All you PUPs offer something which is what makes the thread the success it is."

So just carry on picking what you are comfortable and confident about. The PUP making the final selections will then pick 6 he is confident about. That PUP may even use six PUPs who he has faith in to provide the selections or pick six games from those selected which he has faith in. The league table is a tool we can use if we want.

I hope that makes sense PUPs. I''m typing in a hurry because I''ve been busy all day today and I have to go back to the club again now. I will be back later tonight to put the bet on.

And it''s worth noting the first page of the thread alone contains 12 different selections.Good luck this week, I think you''ll get decent odds on that selection with the Swansea game so we could get a windfall this week. [Y]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Opps to late again this week sorry picker. [:$][/quote]

And the ''Pointless Post of the Week Award'' goes to...(drum roll)..... THE GREAT DINKEL!!!

[:P]

Bit late this week. Another one for a Man City home win over Wolves.

Good luck everyone, and especially Dogger.

Can''t see Barcelona failing to win two weeks in a row, so fully expect them to thrash Mallorca at home. (Sorry for the lateness, not been able to get online much this week, so just had a quick look at the fixtures this evening)

BARCELONA vs Mallorca- Home win

Good luck :)

Fellas/Nutty, sorry if I offended but I was purely speaking about myself as an individual.  As from week 1 I suggested maybe I would go for some odds boosting - and NYC I think was agreeing with the idea as a concept and brought in the idea of side bets.  I am in no way begrudging anyone with choosing low odds to stay high up the league table - I probably would too had I not have had some horrendous low odds failures!  I have had more success with the longer odds. 

I was using this thread as a forum for noticing some good prices on certain teams thats all, it''s obviously still down to the pickers to choose how to play each week - after all it is their money this season! I notice how much the resulting winnings can be improved by a slightly longer odds victory - but obviously the risks are higher - on my own weekly accumulator.  I''m up so far this season by 70 odd quid and have had two ridiculously unfortunate draws to prevent me winning much more.  the last draw was against ten men to the bottom team and lost me 235 quid. I guess that was my point.  No offence meant - anyone can do as they wish as far as I''m concerned.

Sorry Dogger and Nutty, I am late once again this week.

I will be going for a Valencia Home win.

Davo

To Nutty and Fellas.

I''ve been a little bit picky of late, mainly towards Pete''s selection. As much as it gets on my nerves that lots of people go for the same game its allowed and thats not the main problem (I also dont really like it when pickers go and find a top vs bottom fixture in a really unknow league such as the Algerian 2nd division as its normally odds of 1/20 and its not a league they are familiar with). The thing that winds me up is that everyone puts both team names and then says home win/ away win. But Pete justs puts a team /name. No form, no opposition, nothing! For the last 3/4/5 weeks he has simply put Barca, Barca, Barca, Man City![n]

I am a Banana

[quote user="DOGGER"]So, i have been sitting here for the past couple of hours, weighing up the six picks and think i have managed my final selection!!Thanks for all you Pups with the suggestions & thanks to Nigel for the opportunity.So far at least 11 of you have gone for Man City, so these would have been the obvious choice but i have gone against the grain, something just niggles at me, is it that impossible Wolves will nick a draw??Anyway, my final 6 is as follows;Crawley Town v Accrington - Home winValencia v Getafe - Home winSwansea v Bolton - Home winAnderlecht v Lierse - Home winWelling v Hampton & Richmond - Home winParis SG v Caen - Home winHoping i can do my bit for the cause, Swansea is probably the most unsafe out of the six but i will go with Muddy & Excited Canary, thanks again everyone and fingers crossed.[B][/quote]Trust us! [;)] Haha, Swansea are very good at home using their 2 wingers and I think they will exploit Bolton''s poor defense - let''s hope so anyway! Good picks, looks like they will bring us quite a bit of cash if they come off too! Best of luck!

[quote user="DOGGER"]So, i have been sitting here for the past couple of hours, weighing up the six picks and think i have managed my final selection!!
Thanks for all you Pups with the suggestions & thanks to Nigel for the opportunity.

So far at least 11 of you have gone for Man City, so these would have been the obvious choice but i have gone against the grain, something just niggles at me, is it that impossible Wolves will nick a draw??

Anyway, my final 6 is as follows;

Crawley Town v Accrington - Home win
Valencia v Getafe - Home win
Swansea v Bolton - Home win
Anderlecht v Lierse - Home win
Welling v Hampton & Richmond - Home win
Paris SG v Caen - Home win

Hoping i can do my bit for the cause, Swansea is probably the most unsafe out of the six but i will go with Muddy & Excited Canary, thanks again everyone and fingers crossed.[B]
[/quote]

Thank you Dogger, these look a terrific final six. I''m sorry I didn''t acknowledge them earlier but I didn''t see your post when I posted. It''s obvious how much thought you have put into these and I feel we have an excellent chance of adding to the pot. All we need now is that little bit of luck to see us over the line.

The bet is placed with Bet365 and will return £98.78 if we are successful. The details are below : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Crawley Town @ 4/9
Swansea @ 11/10
Welling @ 1/3
Valencia @ 11/20
PSG @ 1/3
Anderlecht @ 2/11
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
29/10/2011 01:09:1510.000.00

Crawley, Swansea and Welling get us underway later today at 3pm followed by Valencia at 5pm and PSG at 6pm. All being well we will be 5/5 over night and PUPs all over the world will be cheering on Anderlecht in the final leg at 5pm on Sunday.

I hope you are enjoying your week Dogger, you are in for an exciting weekend so make sure you enjoy that too. All the PUPs are rooting for you[Y]

Good luck everyone [:)]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]OK, for my side bet I will bet on Steve Morison scoring 2 or more goals at 9/1.[/quote]

It''s done NewYork : -

Steve Morison @ 9/1
£5.00 Single
29/10/2011 01:30:195.000.00

And I have decided to have another side bet for the PUPs too. I''m going for Russell Martin to "score at any time" at odds of 17/2.

Russell Martin @ 17/2
£5.00 Single
29/10/2011 01:37:515.000.00

Looking forward to tomorrow, good luck with yours Justin[Y]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Fellas/Nutty, sorry if I offended but I was purely speaking about myself as an individual.  As from week 1 I suggested maybe I would go for some odds boosting - and NYC I think was agreeing with the idea as a concept and brought in the idea of side bets.  I am in no way begrudging anyone with choosing low odds to stay high up the league table - I probably would too had I not have had some horrendous low odds failures!  I have had more success with the longer odds. 

I was using this thread as a forum for noticing some good prices on certain teams thats all, it''s obviously still down to the pickers to choose how to play each week - after all it is their money this season! I notice how much the resulting winnings can be improved by a slightly longer odds victory - but obviously the risks are higher - on my own weekly accumulator.  I''m up so far this season by 70 odd quid and have had two ridiculously unfortunate draws to prevent me winning much more.  the last draw was against ten men to the bottom team and lost me 235 quid. I guess that was my point.  No offence meant - anyone can do as they wish as far as I''m concerned.

[/quote]

You haven''t offended Muddy. I don''t think anyone has really offended. It''s just a general thing. And of course Shyster''s back and what he don''t know aint worth knowing!![;)] What you''re doing is spot on. All we want is for PUPs to choose the game they feel has best chance of winning from their particular field. Some PUPs do away wins. Some have a knowledge of lower leagues. Some have a knowledge of eastern Europe, some Spain, some are most comfortable picking English games. My ol'' buddy Lapp like the Scottish games. Some like to use their skills at finding better odds. Whatever PUPs are comfortable with is the way forward. The League table is a useful tool to help select the final six. It''s also useful to keep us PUPs focussed.

What we don''t want is for someone to find their best selection and then give us their second best because their best had already been picked. A weight of numbers on a particular selection can also be helpful when selecting the final six.

There is and never will be any censorship on selections. We just need games for Sat/Sun/Mon and listed on B365.

Night all[|-)][S]

I see what people are saying about the "odds boosters" etc ( I''m a gambling man) and its defiantly better to win a little often than a big payer once in a moon. Not siding with anyone or anything I just think its better if people just try to find their "nailed on winner of the week" otbc roll on blackburn 3 points surely lol best of luck dogger

Bloody hell nutty its showing up a 5grand bet on russell martin on my wankberry phone lol the pups must be rolling in it if were staking that kind of cash on outside bets lol ;)

Hi Eddie

In my obvious rush to get to the Quiz last night, I''ve put away win, when I meant a home win to Tamworth.

Apologies to Dogger, who may have considered the original post - although I suspect not!!

Thanks Eddie

[quote user="DOGGER"]So, i have been sitting here for the past couple of hours, weighing up the six picks and think i have managed my final selection!!Thanks for all you Pups with the suggestions & thanks to Nigel for the opportunity.So far at least 11 of you have gone for Man City, so these would have been the obvious choice but i have gone against the grain, something just niggles at me, is it that impossible Wolves will nick a draw??Anyway, my final 6 is as follows;Crawley Town v Accrington - Home winValencia v Getafe - Home winSwansea v Bolton - Home winAnderlecht v Lierse - Home winWelling v Hampton & Richmond - Home winParis SG v Caen - Home winHoping i can do my bit for the cause, Swansea is probably the most unsafe out of the six but i will go with Muddy & Excited Canary, thanks again everyone and fingers crossed.[B][/quote]

Tough lines, Dogger.And boll*cks to Sheff Utd [:@]

Nana, why does that bother you?I don''t care who posts what re: selection.I don''t care what odds games are.  We have to get 6 wins, and 6 1/20 wins still returns winnings, which is the point.I don''t care how many times people select the same fixture in a week, as long as there are 6 to choose from in total.I do however care when pickers start attacking other pickers as that''s not how it''s supposed to be.

Tough luck this week Dogger BTW, Crawley looked a good bet and were my 2nd choice.  Swansea was a ballsy pick too [Y].

Unlucky Dogger, Crawley looked a banker, but really, only a 1/4 of the season in, should they really be 1/3 in their first season of league football?  They are a good side at that level, and i''m sure they''ll go up, but i''ve seen them slip a few times this season when they were short odds favourites, Swansea looking good at home at the moment, good spot there...

Unlucky Shyster, you''re normally a good pick for a value price, and the first time in a while you pick a short price team, they lose out in a bit of a freak result...  Chin up.  While i know you stir things up a little on here, i hope you continue to pick as you do post up some good selections.

Did anyone notice what price Arsenal got up to during todays game?  When Terry put Chelsea 2-1 up, the Gunners must''ve been around 8 or 9/1 at that point, the in play markets are alsways worth keeping an eye on.  Unfortunatly for me, i was at work and unable to access a betting site.  United appeared slightly fortunate to hold on to 1-0 looking at the amount of shots Everton had, but even so, i was way off with my score predictions there...

I was, like Nutty says referring more in general, and I didn''t mean to cause any offence Muddy (I''ll leave other posters, who are better at it than me, to that), and I obviously wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Chops.Unlucky on the Crawley result, again another one that seemed to come out of nowhere, but we''ll move on!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nana, why does that bother you?

I don''t care who posts what re: selection.
I don''t care what odds games are.  We have to get 6 wins, and 6 1/20 wins still returns winnings, which is the point.
I don''t care how many times people select the same fixture in a week, as long as there are 6 to choose from in total.

I do however care when pickers start attacking other pickers as that''s not how it''s supposed to be.

Tough luck this week Dogger BTW, Crawley looked a good bet and were my 2nd choice.  Swansea was a ballsy pick too [Y].

[/quote]

Im not sure if people go for man city who were 1/6 or something like that but its when posters just put a single team name, no home win away win, no form etc. I also prefer the english games!