Sign in to follow this  
BW

Great point shocking defending

Was all over the place all game. Barnett was so poor. Naughton was good however. looked very shaky and against a team that took its chances better could of easily lost that 5-1.

The problem was the teamwork was poor, individually, they were very good, just allowed Liverpool too much movement and space at times. 

[quote user="Better Wizard"] against a team that took its chances better could of easily lost that 5-1.[/quote]Not a lot of teams have someone like Suarez playing for them though do they? He gave Barnett a torrid time but his head never dropped and he still made plenty of important blocks and clearing headers. I wouldn''t criticise anyone after that performance.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Was all over the place all game. Barnett was so poor. Naughton was good however. looked very shaky and against a team that took its chances better could of easily lost that 5-1.[/quote]

Must have seen a different game then on my tv as Leon was easily our mom the first half.

Midfield was the weak link and against a top team the defence are gonna have a really tough game. All considering they did a good job.

On the poor teamwork note. Our passing has to improve also when ever we win it at the back we hoof it up field straight to their players we need to be patient and calm in this league. Otherwise we are giving ourself hard work by allowing them to continuously the chance to attack.

Suarez is pretty much a world class striker. Even defenders like Terry and Vidic won''t be stopping him from getting past them to often.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]On the poor teamwork note. Our passing has to improve also when ever we win it at the back we hoof it up field straight to their players we need to be patient and calm in this league. Otherwise we are giving ourself hard work by allowing them to continuously the chance to attack.[/quote]

Trouble is, Barnett is not the most cultured of CB''s, hes great in the air and wins some good tackles and hes quick, but passing any more than 10 yards is a bit of a struggle for him.  Still be brilliant doing his main job so far this year though...

[quote user="Better Wizard"]On the poor teamwork note. Our passing has to improve also when ever we win it at the back we hoof it up field straight to their players we need to be patient and calm in this league. Otherwise we are giving ourself hard work by allowing them to continuously the chance to attack.[/quote]Oh my god. Have you seen the Premier League table? Man Utd only managed a 1-1 draw at Anfield last week.  Perhaps you should write to Fergie and tell him where he is going wrong too.

I thought it was our worst performance since West Brom, but the team should be credited for coming out of the game with something. Liverpool are more than a match for anyone when they are at the races, they will play a lot worse and win comfortably this season. Personally I thought Leon did well, tough ask against a small and outstanding talent. Thought our full backs both have been better if you are trying to find faults in what is a great result.

Id say less poor defending more a very very good attack... come on, we were up against Bellamy, Suarez, Gerrard, Adam and Downing! It was always going to be tough and remember we are still learning! And no matter how you coin it, if we use the logic ''they could have 5'' we could also say norwich could have stuck their chances away on another day and one it 3-1!

Sorry worse wizard but you''re talking out of your hat. Can''t believe you''re criticising that performance. Yes our passing wasn''t been up to usual standards but Liverpool under Dalgleish are very hard to play against and they''re full of. confidence. They don''t give you time on the ball and in light of the pressure they put on us, on their patch, we kept our heads brilliantly, got back in the game and held of an onslaught. In our first season back, what the hell do you want from them in a game like that?

Shocking defending???? The defence was the best part of our team play. I though Bennett was weak and both Fox & Johnson poor and put us under pressure.

Barnett was better than Martin, Naughton excellent and yes - I agree Barnett my MOTM too.

Every player has had problems caused by Suarez, from Manure down. Suarez has talent, but barnett stuck to his task well. And I am far from a barnett fan

Are you communicating to me via an alternate universe? In my personal opinion the defending was awesome, Barnett was uttterly sublime (and i''m a frequent critic), with crucial challenges often timed to perfection, and unlike his usual self, solidly kept people on the outside. Naughton was our worst player, and tonight was his worst performance by some stretch. Little to complain about with his performance in the Liverpool half, but at our end he let so much either run through his legs, or came inside. Partly at fault for the goal, and so much of Suarez''s attacking runs (like Sinclair and Swansea, but magnified throughout the entire game this time). I haven''t seen so many lapses of concentration in the right back position since Otsemobor walked the turf at Carrow Road!

It''s like people don''t realise that we were playing Liverpool at home today. Gerard, Suarez, (Carroll when he came on), they are a top team. Did Suarez score? How many chances did he need? Did they have dodgy moments? Did Holt score with his first chance?

It was GREAT defending! It was great Teamwork!

We should play this "poorly" every week. Slow start true but the best commitment and attitude in the league(s).

Bunch of miserable whingers who should go and support Wolves, then you''ll be happy having something to really moan about.

WHAT THE HELL??? We have just got a draw at one of the biggest sides in Europe, they only scored once, and yet people are moaning?! Barnett was playing out of his skin Today, and without him and Ruddy I think we would have conceded a lot, lot more. Yes Suarez caused them problems, as did Bellamy etc, but they are world class attackers ffs!

Im incredibly happy with the point and how we battled however i feel we were lucky today. I agree with midfield problems too center mid apart from wes didnt get any control in the middle of the park. Not sure still on johnson although we have all this talk of england call up not sure hes that level if im honest. saying that england are shite and he is probably alot better then most of them. Lots of heart and battleing i hope we keep it up. Have to win next week.

... and not trying to blow the Tierney Trumpet any further but he schooled Downing and Johnson today, which has been one of the more frequented England partnerships recently. I can very soon see him being involved in the England set up, and that is completely warranted.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Leon was incredible today, Better Wizard what are you on about! Can''t believe people are moaning after a 1-1 draw at Anfield! Shocking[/quote]Happy with a draw... Worthington, is that you? Its talk like that which will send us down I tells ya! [:P]

Huge point, id be very suprise if Swansea or QPR or any of the lower teams will come away with anything from Anfield.

The pinkun message board hits an all time low,its no wonder people have stopped posting when you get threads moaning about only getting a point at anfield.Hold your heads in shame you f@cking muppets ,tw@ts,pr@tts,kn@bs......norwich don''t need supporters like you

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Was all over the place all game. Barnett was so poor. Naughton was good however. looked very shaky and against a team that took its chances better could of easily lost that 5-1.[/quote]

Liverpool, unlike teams we have played so far this season were up for this game BIG TIME. Dalglish was aware of the threat we posed and set about us with great pace and movement. I dont blame players for being a bit shell shocked at the onslaught they faced..

We survived and improved in the second half. Respect.

H

[quote user="lobstercatcher2"]The pinkun message board hits an all time low,its no wonder people have stopped posting when you get threads moaning about only getting a point at anfield.Hold your heads in shame you f@cking muppets ,tw@ts,pr@tts,kn@bs......norwich don''t need supporters like you[/quote]

Thats even worse to be honest...

Its one guy moaning about Barnett, and if you''ve read any of his posts on here, he appears to try and be as negative as possible whenever he can.