Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Can't see Lambo being linked with other jobs just now

He has been outstanding for us but is trying to get a grip on a very different type of environment. On MOTD there was a picture of him with his head in his hands first time i have seen him like that.

Still lots of time but we have already fallen behind where he and most of us expected to be.The time between now and christmas will probably go a long way in deciding if we stay up our last 10 game run in is horrible.

That said he may be the type of guy someone like Sunderland may want, now that would be interesting, which club would satnd the better chance of staying up with Lambert at the helm?

I not see any Premiere League team need and will try to added him simply because he is not prouven for this level.

I hope if we going down he to stay but sure mood will be totally different if this happen so very hard task for PL become.

Lambert has a very good track record, which shows he is a class act. He is having to work with the players at his disposal, and that hasn''t included any "big name" celebrity signings with real Prem experience. I admit he will have had a major say in choosing who joined us and/or who stayed with us, but that would have been within the financial limits set by the Board. We don''t have an oil billionaire or F1 bigwig with bottomless pockets to bolster things up for us overnight.

If Lambert had Man United''s squad to manage, I am sure he''d do exceptionally well too.

Yes,to your question. 2 promotions in 2 years, working on a budget. Yes we have lost 2 games, but I still think he is going to be a wanted man. If not a prem club ( which I think could be a few once the manager sack months start, definatly a hungry, rich champ side). If we lose Lambert because of unrealistic ideals of where we should be it would be stupid. If Lambert gets us 17 th place on the budget he has had, that would be a fantastic achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if anyone of you call for lambert out if we go down at the end of this season i will not only stop following norwich city football club but i will hunt you down and...cast a hex on you

I think our Master Plan recognises that we may have one season back in the Championship and Lambert and all the NCFC connections will be aware of it. This is not a time to be panicing or calling out the manager.

PL will sort it, if not we have an amazingly strong Championship squad.

i think that, as someone has already mentioned, your biggest worry should be sunderland. steve bruce is having a torrid time up there, and has had a fair amount of money to spend. there are already rumours of a `win the next one or you`re out` threat having been issued.

IMO lots of people are caring not to recall what we have already been told ie we will be a yo yo club maybe for as much as 5 seasons. This season is  an if we stay up fantastic if we dont then we have a squad to walk the championship that bought into our plan when they signed. Having said that Lambert will not have his ambitions ruined by a group of supporters giving him stick and questioning his abilities. Should we carry on struggling, lets say we lost the next two games and people ( however small in number ) start to give him some personal stick I think for the sake of his own ambitions he will walk ala Martin O''Neil at various clubs. He has already stated on a number of occassions '' I am a hero while I am winning but lose a few games and everybody wants you out thats the nature of football ''.

Anybody prepared to question his abilities needs to be careful what they wish for. If we lose the stability this club has now, who knows where we will finish up.   

[quote user="exiled blue"]i think that, as someone has already mentioned, your biggest worry should be sunderland. steve bruce is having a torrid time up there, and has had a fair amount of money to spend. there are already rumours of a `win the next one or you`re out` threat having been issued.[/quote]

Lets hope its not the same when we play them or maybe we will have to let them win to stop Lambert going. Sunderland are a huge club and an unproven manager for Quin would be seen by Sunderland supporters as the final straw.

Other than Ferguson and Moyes he has the safest job in the league. Get a good manager and keep him. If we go down he is the best to get us up again he has proved that. The only danger is if he gets poached by a more established premiership club that is struggling eg Sunderland or Blackburn

Paul Lambert hasn''t become a bad manager overnight and given the right tools I''m sure he could do well anywhere.The point is that given peanuts, a shrewd manager (and team of scouts) can find their way out of the lowly English leagues.... but moving into the big buck Premier league is another animal. You can''t do anything on peanuts at this level.... hence the huge income that goes with promotion in order to give you a chance of competing. Lambert will see very little of this and will bite his lip this season until ''all is lost''. Then he will move on with our huge respect (or should) and City will slide back to Division Two with a healthy bank balance but no ambition.

To be fair, I wasn''t suggesting that he has suddenly become a bad manager - just that as long as we continue to struggle in this league he won''t be going anywhere. If we were punching above our weight and doing well then he could well be linked with various posts as they become vacant. Mr Lambert will have my support regardless of what happens this season.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]To be fair, I wasn''t suggesting that he has suddenly become a bad manager - just that as long as we continue to struggle in this league he won''t be going anywhere. If we were punching above our weight and doing well then he could well be linked with various posts as they become vacant. Mr Lambert will have my support regardless of what happens this season.[/quote]Not at all DD and your point was very well made... but even if we fail badly this season other club owners will understand the unambitious circumstances at CR and make a move for him.I doubt any big club would want him yet anyway, but there are a whole host of clubs with ambition who would love to take him on and give him the cash to do the job.Job done.... I doubt McNally would hang about if something else came along either.

Agree Cluck-McNally may get to the end of this season and decide its as good a time as any to move on, much like Lambert and regardless of where we end up.

Both could offer reasons if we stayed up ("the club has consolidated its place in the Premier League, I think that, after a wonderful three years here, its time to move on to new challenges and let someone else take over at this special footbal club") or if we go down ("I feel that, by going now, it gives the Board and club enough time to appoint my successor well in time for pre-season so they can map out achieving what this wonderful clyb deserves and aims to get, that is, restoring Premier League football to Carrow Road").

But if either move on, I don''t think its because we can''t match their ambition, people do, genuinely, want a change after a given time.

Both will have their admirers now, and, even if we did go down, there would still remain a lot of club Chairmen interested in our Manager. He''s a class act, I hope, as the season progresses, we all remember that!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Agree Cluck-McNally may get to the end of this season and decide its as good a time as any to move on, much like Lambert and regardless of where we end up.

Both could offer reasons if we stayed up ("the club has consolidated its place in the Premier League, I think that, after a wonderful three years here, its time to move on to new challenges and let someone else take over at this special footbal club") or if we go down ("I feel that, by going now, it gives the Board and club enough time to appoint my successor well in time for pre-season so they can map out achieving what this wonderful clyb deserves and aims to get, that is, restoring Premier League football to Carrow Road").

But if either move on, I don''t think its because we can''t match their ambition, people do, genuinely, want a change after a given time

Both will have their admirers now, and, even if we did go down, there would still remain a lot of club Chairmen interested in our Manager. He''s a class act, I hope, as the season progresses, we all remember that![/quote]Fair comment Shuck.NCFC would appear to be more than a work place to us, but ultimately it''s just another job in reality.

Succinct Wiz!

We all forget though, don''t we that, for most players, Managers etc etc-it is a job, first and foremost. Their career. Nothing more-although, of course, there are reasons.

Burnley fans probably thought Coyle was as wrapped up emotionally in all things Turf Moor as they were. But he would have been able to step away from that point and see the role coldly, logically, and whether or not it was in his best interests. At the time Bolton came in-it seemed that it was no longer a job that served those best interests.

We live and bleed NCFC, I feel so entwined with Norwich sometimes its painful-its the relationship you can''t cast aside-you can a spouse, your home, car, job, your country even...but your football team-never, its a branding for life and sometimes the more it hurts and the more it seems pointless, the more you end up loving the bastards!

Life sentence. For us though-not those who we go to watch for most of the time. And easily, conveniently, forgotten sometimes. But then when was football ever rational?

Cluck,

The ambition already shown by the board to get the club to where we are today has been monumental. If the board were not ambitious then we would probably of lost both McNally and lambert by now.

I don''t know what you expect from NCFC really and when you will ever be happy. We have a great young squad and manager who are adjusting to life in a new division. What would be your definition of ''success'' at this moment in time?

Mine would be us competing in the top division of English football after two successive automatic promotions. I feel you and others were hoping for success in another way, perhaps champions league qualification? I fear even then cluck you would still be trolling on here.

I just wonder how many people on here actually know Paul Lambert and/or David McNally?

I dont. I have met people who know McNally and I have their take on him as someone who loves Norwich as a city, is well settled here and sees this club as a longterm challenge and commitment

Be that true or not, it is hard to know and understand the feelings, ambitions and desires of those we know well. Who can truly look into another man''s heart and know all?

Yet with the Burnley fiasco, all the "if we don''t get promoted Lambert will walk" threads last season and here again, we have people with no more knowledge than me purporting to know both men''s life plans.

It is an arrogance bordering on the perverse for posters who have never spoken to either man to say with certainty what they will do and what they want in their lives. Why do you do it?

I want them both to stay for the forseeable future. If either leaves, it will be a big blow but the club will survive. It will prosper because they have given it strong roots and an attractive profile. If they left tomorrow they would both deserve our eternal gratitude and affection.

Talk about that if you want but it is simply wrong to put motives in their hearts and words in their mouths with knowledge, evidence or any genuine foundation.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Cluck,

The ambition already shown by the board to get the club to where we are today has been monumental. If the board were not ambitious then we would probably of lost both McNally and lambert by now.

I don''t know what you expect from NCFC really and when you will ever be happy. We have a great young squad and manager who are adjusting to life in a new division. What would be your definition of ''success'' at this moment in time?

Mine would be us competing in the top division of English football after two successive automatic promotions. I feel you and others were hoping for success in another way, perhaps champions league qualification? I fear even then cluck you would still be trolling on here.[/quote]You clearly haven''t read the new rules sunshine.... but I''ll carry on anyway.I wouldn''t confuse ''ambition'' with ''stabilisation''.  Two entirely different things. Delia Smith hasn''t become a cutting edge trophy chaser overnight and having the ''won the lottery'' more by luck than judgement, ''little old Norwich'' remains the mindset of the ownership.The bank balance is now healthy.... why take any silly risks?

Sorry CC, I wasn''t pretending to know what they want or how they are thinking. Just playing around with hypotheticals!

Of which another one is that PL and DmN will be here for quite a few more years yet!

And yet another-does our relatively better financial status, increased exposure and place in the Prem now make us an attractive and realistic option for people looking to put money into (I won''t say ''invest'' as you can''t, not with the nature of the beast!) football and a football club?

Would be nice to think there might be some options around at some point that tick all the right boxes, however, the ''need'' at and within the club may now not be perceived as so great, so I guess the goalposts may have shifted quite considerably!