Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Poor old VAUGHAN

The only ray of hope is that Lambert said the knee had locked. That can sometimes meant a bit of floating debris in the joint which can be removed by keyhole surgery. If so he could be back by Christmas. If its ligaments it will probably be the season.

A sad end to a perfect evening, sit near the dug outs and the lad was very upset and tearfull when he came off.

Suxh a shame, but keep your chin up James, we''re all behind you.

[quote user="Mahogany"]All you guys being snarky should remember that we are talking about a young guy who was obviously devastated by getting another injury. How about we try and support him rather than calling him a waste of money. I mean honestly how many great players have we had that have suffered bad injuries? How many of you were calling to release Whitbread halfway through last season?[/quote]

A post of integrity

[quote user="Gingerpele"]unique, thats what you do with youngsters. You don''t base their potential on 100s of appearances, you base it on a few performances. Wayne Rooney was being billed as the next big thing after his goal for Everton against Arsenal, people didn''t wait 3 years to see if he was any good.

When a player hasn''t played much, you can only base your opinion on what he has played and on reputation, and apart from injuries Vaughan has a great reputation (was going to be better than Rooney, claims like that don''t often come to pass, but they normally mean the player is fairly good) and as has been said he played well enough in a poor Palace team last season.

Lets just hope this isn''t a major injury, although the look on his face wasn''t promising.[/quote]

There are undoubtedly hundreds of youngsters through every age group who are regarded as ''the next big thing''. Very few make it, for one reason or another. If Vaughan has had 5 or 6 outstanding games in those 50 starts, then that''s one per season - not good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Wayne Rooney these days....

For me, Vaughan''s injury record, and an average of around 8 starts a season over the past six years, set alarm bells ringing over spending £2.5m on him. The bells haven''t stopped ringing since he quickly became injured in a pre-season friendly. For all his ''potential'', he has spent most of his career on the treatment table, which would strongly suggest that he won''t be getting much game time at Norwich. If his injuries are varied and ''unlucky'', then his luck doesn''t look like changing anytime soon.

All Norwich fans will be wishing him a speedy recovery, but it is only a deluded few who will have Vaughan''s reputation enhanced with his absence, and will be clinging to the belief that Vaughan will at some stage return to the Norwich side, play 10 consecutive games and prove to be a goalscoring/assist machine.

I really hope he does...I just don''t think he will.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Feel real sorry for the lad, if he could stay fit he would be great for us, but I don''t think its gonna happen.

From a plus point of view, I think it means we will stick with one up front which means keeping our sort of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 which I absolutely think is our best formation in this league... Which I have been saying for ages! We''ve played it for 2 matches and won both. Absolutely goes to show our best players are in midfield, not up front.

[/quote]

I think it''s also because the slow predictable non-scoring striker Martin is not in the team and Pilkington and Wes are.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Downloads"]

Feel real sorry for the lad, if he could stay fit he would be great for us, but I don''t think its gonna happen.

From a plus point of view, I think it means we will stick with one up front which means keeping our sort of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 which I absolutely think is our best formation in this league... Which I have been saying for ages! We''ve played it for 2 matches and won both. Absolutely goes to show our best players are in midfield, not up front.

[/quote]

I think it''s also because the slow predictable non-scoring striker Martin is not in the team and Pilkington and Wes are.

[/quote]

Lay off Martin man this thread is about Vaughan not for you to be a Martin basher hunders of other threads you could waste your words on for that.

[quote user="Hannibal"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Lay off Martin man this thread is about Vaughan not for you to be a Martin basher hunders of other threads you could waste your words on for that.[/quote]

The response was to another poster as to why we have won the last two matches and thus valid. Tough if you don''t like it, but it''s my opinion that we would have beaten WBA if we''d have played the same team as the last two games.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hannibal"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Lay off Martin man this thread is about Vaughan not for you to be a Martin basher hunders of other threads you could waste your words on for that.[/quote]

The response was to another poster as to why we have won the last two matches and thus valid. Tough if you don''t like it, but it''s my opinion that we would have beaten WBA if we''d have played the same team as the last two games.

[/quote]

There is only person whos opinions matter about our playing staff at the moment and thats Paul Lambert''s, so your opinions on Chris Martin are worth about as much as the ink used to write them.

I agree with Mahogany, show a bit of respect. This is a player who was desperately trying to carry on while seriously injured for his team, for us. He even went off crying. We are very lucky to have such a committed and passionate set of players and there''s not many more committed than vaughan around. Get well soon james OTBC

Got to admit, I''m gutted for the lad! He''s desperately unlucky with injuries, its the other knee so it doesn''t seem like a reoccurring injury but none the less he has had a lot of injury problems. He seems like he could be a great player for us and hopefully he can become injury free. What I love about him is that he seems so passionate about his football, you could see how upset he was when he went off Monday and how he broke his wrist last season, hard to find a passionate player nowadays.

Paul Moy, we didn''t win because Chris Martin wasn''t in the team, thats ridiculous. If Chris MArtin wasn''t good enough, he wouldn''t have started (and played well) 2 or 3 games in a row....

You appear to have moved on from Cody Mac is wonderful, to Chris Martin is crap.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Whilst you''re incredibly anti-Martin when it''s unwarranted, yet pro Cody McDonald who''s a far, far worse striker in many respects, you do have a point (for the first time on this message board).Martins played well in the games he''s featured in, but we haven''t exactly been free-scoring so far so it''s hard to accomodate a player as good as him. He''s not an out-and-out striker...he''s much much more than that. He has a fantastic finish regardless of if it''s with power or finesse (much better than a certain Cody) but he doesn''t have a burst of pace or a huge physical presence. He isn''t going to be a regular goalscorer but i think he''s capable of racking up lots of assists, and his direct free-kicks are also very good.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Paul Moy, we didn''t win because Chris Martin wasn''t in the team, thats ridiculous. If Chris MArtin wasn''t good enough, he wouldn''t have started (and played well) 2 or 3 games in a row.... You appear to have moved on from Cody Mac is wonderful, to Chris Martin is crap.[/quote]

Nope... I''ve consistently said that Martin is not good enough at this level as a striker due to his lack of pace, heading abilty etc. I reiterate that as a midfielder he may cut it, but then again Chelsea are apparently abandoning Lampard due to his lack of pace in order to accommodate faster players to bring out the best in Torres. Unfortunately, if Jackson cannot prove himself at this level we are seriously lacking in forward pace now that Vaughan could be out for months and Lambert will surely have to invest a lot more in January than the 500K he received for you know who. 

Mr Moy, I assume you''ve noticed that ''You Know Who'' has been dropped to bench tonight after a scintillating 0 goals in 3 games for his new (bottom 3 already) club? £500k is seeming like a cracking deal for us for a player who can''t get into Coventry''s starting 11 and had less than a year left on his contract.

Anyway, back on topic, fingers crossed for Vaughan that it''s not as serious as it looked, gutted for the lad, he was looking sharp.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Mr Moy, I assume you''ve noticed that ''You Know Who'' has been dropped to bench tonight after a scintillating 0 goals in 3 games for his new (bottom 3 already) club? £500k is seeming like a cracking deal for us for a player who can''t get into Coventry''s starting 11 and had less than a year left on his contract. Anyway, back on topic, fingers crossed for Vaughan that it''s not as serious as it looked, gutted for the lad, he was looking sharp.[/quote]

Hahah.... I didn''t realise they were playing... too busy watching Manure. Remember this was only his fourth game and I reckoned it will take at least six to have a ''pre-season''. He also needs to play off a big target-man which Coventry don''t have, unfortunately.

buying vaughan was always going to be a risk but a risk worth taking imo.

hes a player that if he did stay fit he would be worth more than twice what he paid for him.

we havent even paid that much as there is alot of clauses based on appearances, currently i believe we have paid just 800k.

and with regards to the cms comments, i would never have him. hes very limited, works very hard but just doesnt look good enough.

i hope now jackson gets a shot, more than deserved after what he did last year!

I see that CMS scored again tonight but that didn''t stop Brighton losing at home 1-3 to Palace........ the wheels are coming off methinks.