Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

I hate them down the road but...

I have to admit if we stay up i would like them to come up. I shall miss the feel of a derby game this year and it would be even sweeter to beat them in the top flight. Also the economic benefits of having two local(ish) teams from the area playing premiership football would surely be good news for all? Providing we stay up a part of me wants them to do ok this year. i almost feel dirty saying it...

No, don''t. There''s even an expression for that:"Lift them up to knock them down".

premiere league make the place quite different and watch them last monday and us yesterday on games both that won izi can see difference ...

pathetic atmosphere at portman road more like on frendly game many empty seast no songs at all etc and at same time really incredibile atmosphere carrow road last nitgh full house plenty of voice etc.

keep IPswich on low leagues portman road will keep be depressed place.

I belive premiere league evry game is like a derby game for us so I belive we not need our close enemy to be at top league at all

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I hope they crash and burn and drop all they way down to the Blue Sqaure premier. I wouldn''t care if I never had to set foot in that dirty little dump of a town ever again.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.[/quote]I''d settle for Ipswich as a yo-yo team, with the 6 points we win from them being the difference between them getting relegated and staying up every year, and us being comfortably in the top half with decent cup runs once and a while.

I would be happy never to play them again.  The memory that the last time we played them we beat them 5 -1 will last for ever.

Quite happy to see them rot in the lower leagues with increasing debt and decreasing crowds. Itreally is a depressing place with depressing fans that doesn''t deserve decent football.

I had an email from my friend (Ipswich fan, but otherwise ok) last night saying "Just about to watch Norwich get mauled by Sunderland on Sky TV!"

and then one this afternoon I quote

"Norwich were well worth their win and they defended well as a unit and attacked with some conviction when they went forward. I hope they stay up if only for the fact of stopping them humiliating us again!"

At last an Ipswich fan who isnt deluded

I''d actually like to see them go into complete financial meltdown like Plymouth. End up in administration (again) go into liquidation, be wound up and go completely out of exsistence. Then I''d be pleased. Don''t forget our dimwitted neighbours that where waving £20 notes at CR a few years ago.

[quote user="Hannibal"]I have to admit if we stay up i would like them to come up. I shall miss the feel of a derby game this year and it would be even sweeter to beat them in the top flight. Also the economic benefits of having two local(ish) teams from the area playing premiership football would surely be good news for all? Providing we stay up a part of me wants them to do ok this year. i almost feel dirty saying it...[/quote]

This is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever read. Call yourself a Norwich supporter? Unbelievable!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.

We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.
[/quote]

Of course you would. But if you had to pick one, any preference?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.[/quote]

[/quote]Ask a sensible question and you might get a sensible answer.

I agree with the OP, it would be great to have the East Anglian derby as a premier league fixture again. So long as we win, of course.To those of you who want to see Ipswich plummet to the lower leagues or into liquidation - --- Why??  What are you afraid of? That they might beat us again?? I get far more satisfaction from seeing us take them on, on equal terms, and beating them 4-1 and 5-1, than I would from seeing them relegated to the Blue Square. Those ITFC fans who taunted us by waving £20 notes two years ago, have been answered in the best way possible, by having to wave again as we came powering past them into the Premier League. Would you really want to swap that feeling?I would rather beat Ipswich by us being good, rather than having to rely on them being bad.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Hannibal"]I have to admit if we stay up i would like them to come up. I shall miss the feel of a derby game this year and it would be even sweeter to beat them in the top flight. Also the economic benefits of having two local(ish) teams from the area playing premiership football would surely be good news for all? Providing we stay up a part of me wants them to do ok this year. i almost feel dirty saying it...[/quote]

This is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever read. Call yourself a Norwich supporter? Unbelievable!

[/quote]

Have been a city fan all my life. Season ticket holder, go to as many away games as i can depening on work. It might seem strange to some but like it or not there is no other atmosphere that comes close to a derby game. I''m not saying i want them to beat us i am just saying i will miss the games against them. The only team that will come close to it this year for me is Wolves i hate them with a passion!!!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.

We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ask a sensible question and you might get a sensible answer.

[/quote]

Whatever question is aked I think it is most unlikely to produce anything within a million miles of sensible from you.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I agree with the OP, it would be great to have the East Anglian derby as a premier league fixture again. So long as we win, of course.

To those of you who want to see Ipswich plummet to the lower leagues or into liquidation - --- Why??  What are you afraid of? That they might beat us again?? I get far more satisfaction from seeing us take them on, on equal terms, and beating them 4-1 and 5-1, than I would from seeing them relegated to the Blue Square.

Those ITFC fans who taunted us by waving £20 notes two years ago, have been answered in the best way possible, by having to wave again as we came powering past them into the Premier League. Would you really want to swap that feeling?

I would rather beat Ipswich by us being good, rather than having to rely on them being bad.
[/quote]

If you need to ask that question you really do need to find another team to support.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I agree with the OP, it would be great to have the East Anglian derby as a premier league fixture again. So long as we win, of course.To those of you who want to see Ipswich plummet to the lower leagues or into liquidation - --- Why??  What are you afraid of? That they might beat us again?? I get far more satisfaction from seeing us take them on, on equal terms, and beating them 4-1 and 5-1, than I would from seeing them relegated to the Blue Square. Those ITFC fans who taunted us by waving £20 notes two years ago, have been answered in the best way possible, by having to wave again as we came powering past them into the Premier League. Would you really want to swap that feeling?I would rather beat Ipswich by us being good, rather than having to rely on them being bad.[/quote]

If you need to ask that question you really do need to find another team to support.

[/quote]Sorry, I''m not quite sure what you are getting at there? If it is the old chestnut about not being a "true" Norwich supporter unless you hate Ipswich, then quite frankly that is a load of boll@cks. Support for one football team doesn''t necessarily demand or imply hatred of any other team, whether it is Ipswich or anybody else. And you can have a healthy local rivalry without having to "hate" your opponents.

I''d like them to stay down, do nothing, go into administration, get relegated, get relegated again, and then celebrate their "new derby day" against Luton Town.

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I agree with the OP, it would be great to have the East Anglian derby as a premier league fixture again. So long as we win, of course.

To those of you who want to see Ipswich plummet to the lower leagues or into liquidation - --- Why??  What are you afraid of? That they might beat us again?? I get far more satisfaction from seeing us take them on, on equal terms, and beating them 4-1 and 5-1, than I would from seeing them relegated to the Blue Square.

Those ITFC fans who taunted us by waving £20 notes two years ago, have been answered in the best way possible, by having to wave again as we came powering past them into the Premier League. Would you really want to swap that feeling?

I would rather beat Ipswich by us being good, rather than having to rely on them being bad.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I''m not quite sure what you are getting at there? If it is the old chestnut about not being a "true" Norwich supporter unless you hate Ipswich, then quite frankly that is a load of boll@cks. Support for one football team doesn''t necessarily demand or imply hatred of any other team, whether it is Ipswich or anybody else. And you can have a healthy local rivalry without having to "hate" your opponents.
[/quote]

Yeah right. If you say so.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d like them to stay down, do nothing, go into administration, get relegated, get relegated again, and then celebrate their "new derby day" against Luton Town.

[/quote]

Me too. Spot on.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Of all the rurally based teams in England... only City and Ipswich get the media abuse. I''d like to see both of us in the top flight doing well and carrying the flag for East Anglia.... but getting hammered by us each time we met.We''re all of the same Anglo Saxon blood and Boudicca didn''t have County Council boundaries to worry about when she thrashed the Romans.[/quote]

[/quote]Ask a sensible question and you might get a sensible answer.

[/quote]

Whatever question is aked I think it is most unlikely to produce anything within a million miles of sensible from you.

[/quote]Strange how I bother you so much when I barely know you exist.........Rather sad really.

Truth is that in the 45 years I have been a fan the two clubs have never been far apart. Both have had successful periods but strangely never really at the same time. Whilst I would quite happily see them sink to oblivion the realist in me is saying enjoy being on top because it won''t last for ever.

To put my feelings into words I can honestly say that in those 45 years my favourite ever 90 minutes was at Poorman Road last season. That 90 mins was an unbelievable experience for a fan who had known the ups and downs over so many years. I enjoyed every second of it. They have tonked us in the past but never like that in our backyard. It was definitely one of those games that you had to be there to appreciate how much it meant. Not just to our fans but how devastated their fans were.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ask a sensible question and you might get a sensible answer.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Strange how I bother you so much when I barely know you exist.........

Rather sad really.
[/quote]

Oh really! In your dreams perhaps.