Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Signing FF could be Lambert's biggest mistake thus far...

TheGoogle, i mean''t the part about staying in Dunston hall, if his girlfriend lives in Norwich, why pay for an (possibly expensive?) hotel?

And saying its presumptuous, not especially. I believe this girlfriend is from his spell at Norwich before, so that would mean they have been together for at least a year, in which case i''m sure he would be allowed to stay there for a few weeks while looking for a house, especially if he''s been in Scotland most of the last year....

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Smudger, you would have to immediately doubt that if his girlfriend lives in Norwich....[/quote]Well he must be keen on the girl then if it has nothing to do with footballing matters?Just imagine if Tilly had purchased a house for all of his female friends.  I don''t think the £136 million available on the Euromillions would leave much change![/quote]Fantasies cost nothing!

As mentioned before his girlfriend does live here but she is not a Norfolk girl she is Irish and just been studing at the UEA. Fair play to the lad too she is gorgeous.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Smudger, you would have to immediately doubt that if his girlfriend lives in Norwich....[/quote]

Maybe his girlfriend still lives at home with her parents?

I''m another on the "over 30 please" bandwagon.

Personally, I find it strange that people who worry about not signing proven premiership strikers and worry about the number of premiership games our team have played in total, desperately want to go into the season with all three keepers that are 5 years or more from their peak with no Premier league experience.

I also find it strange that people are bleating on about "another league one winger" in Pilkington want FF on the basis of playing for us in league one, where he managed to single handedly lose the Leeds match, got sent off TWICE and managed to concede 2 penalties in 10 minutes against Tranmere.

Furthermore, it seems to me that people who don''t want FF back because of the effect on Ruddy, are not concerned about the presence of another keeper, but about that keeper being in particular FF. In particular, a keeper that was better than Ruddy (and isn''t FF) would allow us to have Ruddy on the bench at the same level, providing competition, whereas FF would probably mean we still need a backup.

I do want another keeper, and if we get one that is better than Ruddy and Ruddy becomes backup, then that will be lovely. However it is not like Forster is the only keeper out there who is better than Ruddy, there are quite a few. Indeed there are many that are better than both Ruddy and Forster and have experience and don''t carry the extra price that goes with potential - potential being a commodity that is highly priced in the market for which we have we do not need, indeed possibly have reason to not want.

It looks like Kuszczak - so not much of a merry go round.

http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=245998There does not seem to be any takers for Green, and Villa are rumoured to be in for Given. Potential candidates for transfer include Foster and Gordon, both of whom are likley to be very expensive. I would love to see Boruc here (PL was at Celtic with him), but cant see him leaving Serie A for us.

Fraser Forster will want first team football if he comes here.. if ruddys on form Forster woont get it.. come January would he be looking to be off?we need a keeper 34-35 with premiership experience who can do a job when needed and wont be expecting to play every week.... Maik Taylor, Marcus Hahnneman are 2 names that spring to mind.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Fraser Forster will want first team football if he comes here.. if ruddys on form Forster woont get it.. come January would he be looking to be off?we need a keeper 34-35 with premiership experience who can do a job when needed and wont be expecting to play every week.... Maik Taylor, Marcus Hahnneman are 2 names that spring to mind.

[/quote]Both are 39 (not 34-35) and have been ditched by clubs at a similar level to us. Whilst keepers retire later than outfield players, neither of these would be number one (in my opinion) and would just be back up.

I''ll throe out the names of Gilks and Kingson.

I''d be particularly interested in Gilks. If he hadn''t got injured I think Blackpool would have stayed up.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]
What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)]

[/quote]

Still do McNamee?  How the hell do you make someone a scapegoat who at best was a bench warmer last season?

[/quote]

It doesn''t stop me with the likes of Lappin and Cody McDonald... [;)]
[/quote]

Not having your backing Smudger is probably a ringing endorsement for Cody to do pretty well in the future.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Fraser Forster will want first team football if he comes here.. if ruddys on form Forster woont get it.. come January would he be looking to be off?

we need a keeper 34-35 with premiership experience who can do a job when needed and wont be expecting to play every week.... Maik Taylor, Marcus Hahnneman are 2 names that spring to mind.

[/quote]

I don''t see any way that Ruddy will keep Forster out of the team but if he does it will certainly mean that we are staying up. There''s no doubt in my mind that both will get their chance due to the enormous pressure on both of them in the Prem.  coupled with injuries, suspensions etc. A second-choice keeper will always get playing opportunities as opposed to his situation at Newcastle where he was third or fourth choice.

According to the barrow boy, Joe Lewis will be sold this summer. At the very least this should involve some cash for us."Asked if goalkeeper Joe Lewis would be able to remain at the club the

candid director of football added: “No and I won’t be able to keep hold

of George Boyd either. The chairman promised both Joe and George if they

helped to get us up he would listen to offers".

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]It was Bowkett and McNally that saved us from the rocks called Administration that we were heading for two years ago. They also got us a good manager.

[/quote]And it was Delia and the two Michaels who appointed McNally and later, persuaded Bowkett to join the board. Did you forget them Tangy or can''t you still find it in yourself to give them some credit?

[/quote]And it was Delia and the two Michaels that re-appointed Gunn after he took the club down. This led to the public vote of no confidence. Of course for some a vote of no confidence in the board did not mean a vote of no confidence in two members of that 3 person board! I''ll leave the reader to work out the logic of that position.It really boils down to points of view. Some believe that Delia, good Roman Catholic that she is, is infallible just like the Pope. Others of us believe that, being human, she is capable of, and indeed has made, mistakes and is not infallible. You pays your money and makes your choice!

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]It was Bowkett and McNally that saved us from the rocks called Administration that we were heading for two years ago. They also got us a good manager.

[/quote]And it was Delia and the two Michaels who appointed McNally and later, persuaded Bowkett to join the board. Did you forget them Tangy or can''t you still find it in yourself to give them some credit?

[/quote]

And it was Delia and the two Michaels that re-appointed Gunn after he took the club down. This led to the public vote of no confidence. Of course for some a vote of no confidence in the board did not mean a vote of no confidence in two members of that 3 person board! I''ll leave the reader to work out the logic of that position.

It really boils down to points of view. Some believe that Delia, good Roman Catholic that she is, is infallible just like the Pope. Others of us believe that, being human, she is capable of, and indeed has made, mistakes and is not infallible. You pays your money and makes your choice!
[/quote]

What''s that saying....

Ahh yes - A leopard can''t change his spots!

Just back after a couple of weeks away and I see Crafty and Tangie can''t let go.

Just to put the record straight it is possible to be thankful for the clubs owners without having confidence in the board. There is a difference. A big difference. One which I''m sure Crafty and Tangie can see. Because I can''t believe either of them could be so thick as not to be able to.

But you see, for Crafty, Tangie, and their ilk, it was never about confidence in the board, it was about hounding out Smith & Jones. To their eternal shame they made no secret of it with posts such as this one : -

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1685637/ShowPost.aspx

And these views coupled with their prominence in NCISA can''t have gone unnoticed by the football clubs new board. A board that recognises the owners for what they are and praises them from the rooftops.

So what is the solution? Leopards can''t change their spots so it would be prudent and ambitious to keep them out of harms way. Afterall, we wouldn''t want McNally to think we were all like that would we?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

And it was Delia and the two Michaels that re-appointed Gunn after he took the club down. This led to the public vote of no confidence. Of course for some a vote of no confidence in the board did not mean a vote of no confidence in two members of that 3 person board! I''ll leave the reader to work out the logic of that position.

It really boils down to points of view. Some believe that Delia, good Roman Catholic that she is, is infallible just like the Pope. Others of us believe that, being human, she is capable of, and indeed has made, mistakes and is not infallible. You pays your money and makes your choice!
[/quote]

What''s that saying....

Just back after a couple of weeks away and I see Crafty and Tangie can''t let go.

Just to put the record straight it is possible to be thankful for the clubs owners without having confidence in the board. There is a difference. A big difference. One which I''m sure Crafty and Tangie can see. Because I can''t believe either of them could be so thick as not to be able to.

But you see, for Crafty, Tangie, and their ilk, it was never about confidence in the board, it was about hounding out Smith & Jones. To their eternal shame they made no secret of it with posts such as this one : -

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1685637/ShowPost.aspx

And these views coupled with their prominence in NCISA can''t have gone unnoticed by the football clubs new board. A board that recognises the owners for what they are and praises them from the rooftops.

So what is the solution? Leopards can''t change their spots so it would be prudent and ambitious to keep them out of harms way. Afterall, we wouldn''t want McNally to think we were all like that would we?

[/quote]

Are you suggesting that the Mods ban them - or will you hide them under your kitchen table? They''re getting pretty pro-active these days so maybe you''d best be careful what you wish for! I mean you may have 2 less people with whom to pick and argument.

Anyway, welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your time away. Turkish delights?

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

---

Yippee! A false antithesis! That supposed "infallible" point of view (aimed by contrast at making your attitude seem reasonable) is one I have never seen seriously expressed on this board. There are those who are broad-minded enough to put her mistakes (such as there have been) in context. Particularly to bear in mind how economics and finance have made it increasingly diffcult for comparitively poor owners to run a medium-sized football club. But none of her supporters regards her as infallible.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Are you suggesting that the Mods ban them - or will you hide them under your kitchen table? They''re getting pretty pro-active these days so maybe you''d best be careful what you wish for! I mean you may have 2 less people with whom to pick and argument.

Anyway, welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your time away. Turkish delights?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Now I don''t pick arguments with posters Babes. I just think that certain views shouldn''t be left unchallenged. I do however support their right to express those views.

Why on earth should I suggest the Mods ban them? I would hate for that to happen! Can you imagine if they didn''t post on here but posted their anti-Delia tripe on a web site where there was no reply button? Anyone and everyone connected to that web site would be tarred by the same brush. Which was the point I was making.

Welcome back from Turkey Nutty and i sincerely hope you did not buy any of those dodgey T shirts.[;)]Anyway what are you doing posting without consulting The Organ Grinder of The Lunatic Tendency? Crafty and Tangie will not be pleased.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Welcome back from Turkey Nutty and i sincerely hope you did not buy any of those dodgey T shirts.[;)]Anyway what are you doing posting without consulting The Organ Grinder of The Lunatic Tendency? Crafty and Tangie will not be pleased.[/quote]

At least fout T shirts[;)]

I didn''t consult you because you were pulling my strings....

[Z]

The boys are back in town! Pack posting, now there''s a thought. I suggest the tendency collectively pray to Delia for City to win the Premiership. This miracle would justify them petitioning the Holy Father to begin the beatification process for her. Who knows he might just short cut straight to canonisation.Mind you when the Pope hears that the organ grinder thinks he''s a fanny magnet, he''ll probably throw the petition out as the act of a fantasist. Shame! ''When the skies are greyand it''s chucking it downDon''t you go wearing that frownWe''ve got DeliaDon''t worry, be happy!''

[quote user="crafty canary"]The boys are back in town! Pack posting, now there''s a thought. I suggest the tendency collectively pray to Delia for City to win the Premiership. This miracle would justify them petitioning the Holy Father to begin the beatification process for her. Who knows he might just short cut straight to canonisation.

Mind you when the Pope hears that the organ grinder thinks he''s a fanny magnet, he''ll probably throw the petition out as the act of a fantasist. Shame!

''When the skies are grey
and it''s chucking it down
Don''t you go wearing that frown
We''ve got Delia
Don''t worry, be happy!''
[/quote]

I did not think it would take it long for insults to start and i imagine bro will be along shortly to add his five penneth.

"Pack posting" now i wonder where that came from? This from you is just so ironic Crafty.

[quote user="7rew"]I''ll throe out the names of Gilks and Kingson.

I''d be particularly interested in Gilks. If he hadn''t got injured I think Blackpool would have stayed up.[/quote]Kingson? Dear God no! Absolutely dreadful keeper. You almost shoot him down in your own post bearing in mind he replaced Gilks in the Blackpool team!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s that saying....

[/quote]

Nor can you by the looks of it. 

BTW. if you had actually bothered to be objective you would have noticed that I have hardly posted in weeks.

Finally I dont need your permission to post on this bb.

@Steve 9-2:

I did think that a little after posting, but the keeper situation seemed not to be the topic of this thread anymore.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

It was Bowkett and McNally that saved us from the rocks called Administration that we were heading for two years ago. They also got us a good manager.

[/quote]

---

And that is what post is, Tangible. Utter b*ll*cks. Even if we were close to administration (and I seem to remember we won a libel action on the basis that we weren''t) the credit for regaining financial stability goes to the whole board. And that whole board includes Smith and Jones and all the others, all of whom were Smith and Jones appointees. Including McNally, after whom they went very specifically. And Bowkett, who had to be persuaded to join the board after saying publicly he didn''t want to.

Bowkett and McNally may well have drawn up the plan, but they could only do that because Smith and Jones had the good judgment to decide they were the people for the job.

[/quote]

Didn''t McNally later state (reported by Archant on this web site)  that the club was close to Administration?  If it wasn''t for the holiday from servicing the debt (approx. £2.5m per season) with the bank and the loan notes how do you think the club was going to fund the financing gap while the club was in division one?

As for trying to give the credit for regaining financial stability to the whole board, then on that basis Smith and Jones have to take credit for the club being relegated to the third tier of football for the first time in fifty years and the loss of revenue resulting in the need for a holiday from servicing the debt.

Given Bowketts comment in the letter (about how the club was being run) about not seeking to be on the board then what do you think was the driver behind persuading him to join the board?  The state of the clubs finances and the need for a businessman with gravitas to persuade the creditors? Do you think the creditors would have listened to the old board?  I don''t think so, thats why I give the credit to Bowkett and McNally.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Nor can you by the looks of it. 

BTW. if you had actually bothered to be objective you would have noticed that I have hardly posted in weeks.

Finally I dont need your permission to post on this bb.

[/quote]

As I posted, I''m really pleased you post your anti-Delia tripe on here. And you''re so right, I''m not going to "let it go". You never were anti-board. Only anti-Delia. You never called for Munby and Doncaster to go you just posted appealing for Delia Out stickers. A leopard can''t change it''s spots and I don''t expect or suggest you should change your views. Under the kitchen table or on the pink un message board. Makes no difference to me. But I would never want to be associated with your views elsewhere.