Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Signing FF could be Lambert's biggest mistake thus far...

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Ask the Chase outers such as your puppet master.

[/quote]It didn''t take long for the name calling to begin rather than a structured reply. That WC seems to have failed some of you boys miserably. Should have stuck with EHS. [:$]

[/quote]Can you put that in Englis for me please Lapps?  What is EHS?While you are here, maybe you could give us your expert opinion?  Who is better, Forster or Ruddy?Do you think that we will survive if Ruddy is our Number ONE this coming season?  If so then where will we finish?Pretty simple questions - I am sure that even you could give us a pretty simple answer to them?  ....or maybe not??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]
Now, now... no need to get personal... because I would say that anybody who thinks that a goalkeeper who is more akin to a juggler is a good prospect of being Number ONE in anything other than a team that will be relegated from the Premiership is a moron in my opinion.

8 errors where he either fumbled the ball or a shot went right through Ruddy in a season says everything to me that he is a passenger that we can ill-afford to carry in the Premiership.  This is to say nothing about his poor command of his defenders and that he is beaten to vast amounts of crosses put in to his 6 yard box.

A good shot stopper and nothing else.  We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.
[/quote]

Now Smudger having travelled with you to ten or eleven away games last season and drinking with you before and after home games i am puzzled by this sudden outburst of yours concerning Ruddy.You always have plenty to say about individual players,Jackson and McNamee  to name but two and of course not forgetting poor old Fox who also has come under your microscope so this Ruddy bashing that you are now engaged in has come completely out of the blue as i for one cannot recall you taking him to task at all last season.

I admire Forster greatly but if he is signed i just wonder what it would do for the confidence of Ruddy and i feel it may prove counter productive to sign Forster.Would Ruddy be happy playing second fiddle?Yes we need good back up in case of injury,suspension etc so David James anyone?

[quote user="Smudger"]Can you put that in Englis for me please Lapps?  What is EHS?

[/quote]If you were a Norwich boy you would know smudger. Why not try the tourist information. I think you''ll find them in the Forum. [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.

[/quote]Good to see you''ve found a new scapegoat for the season smudger even before a ball has been kicked. First it was Wes and then Russell Martin but after they proved you wrong, you went quiet for a while. Let''s hope Ruddy proves you wrong again. [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.

[/quote]Good to see you''ve found a new scapegoat for the season smudger even before a ball has been kicked. First it was Wes and then Russell Martin but after they proved you wrong, you went quiet for a while. Let''s hope Ruddy proves you wrong again. [:$]

[/quote]I have never slagged Russell Martin off Lapps.  I said I had doubts about whether he would be good enough for the Championship, but always have fully supported him and his performances which have so far proven me wrong.  I also have doubts about whether he will hang on to his place this coming season but think he will be a useful squad player for another year or two.  I think that De Laet may make that right back birth his as the season progresses.As for Wes I said he was awful on the wing which he was.I see you failed to answer my question once more.  Seeing as you are never wrong surely it isn''t a difficult one to answer?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I have never slagged Russell Martin off Lapps.  I said I had doubts about whether he would be good enough for the Championship, but always have fully supported him and his performances which have so far proven me wrong.  I also have doubts about whether he will hang on to his place this coming season but think he will be a useful squad player for another year or two.  I think that De Laet may make that right back birth his as the season progresses.

As for Wes I said he was awful on the wing which he was.

I see you failed to answer my question once more.  Seeing as you are never wrong surely it isn''t a difficult one to answer?
[/quote]

I thought de Laet was left-sided?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Now, now... no need to get personal... because I would say that anybody who thinks that a goalkeeper who is more akin to a juggler is a good prospect of being Number ONE in anything other than a team that will be relegated from the Premiership is a moron in my opinion.8 errors where he either fumbled the ball or a shot went right through Ruddy in a season says everything to me that he is a passenger that we can ill-afford to carry in the Premiership.  This is to say nothing about his poor command of his defenders and that he is beaten to vast amounts of crosses put in to his 6 yard box.A good shot stopper and nothing else.  We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.[/quote]

Now Smudger having travelled with you to ten or eleven away games last season and drinking with you before and after home games i am puzzled by this sudden outburst of yours concerning Ruddy.You always have plenty to say about individual players,Jackson and McNamee  to name but two and of course not forgetting poor old Fox who also has come under your microscope so this Ruddy bashing that you are now engaged in has come completely out of the blue as i for one cannot recall you taking him to task at all last season.

I admire Forster greatly but if he is signed i just wonder what it would do for the confidence of Ruddy and i feel it may prove counter productive to sign Forster.Would Ruddy be happy playing second fiddle?Yes we need good back up in case of injury,suspension etc so David James anyone?

[/quote]I have never rated him Tilly and would have played Declan Rudd over him for much of last season.  I didn''t voice my concerns very loudly though as we only had those goalkeeping options and it was unlikely that we would bring in another keeper during the season.Now is the time to admit that he isn''t good enough to be our Number ONE and get somebody else in who is in my opinion.I couldn''t really care if Ruddy sulks as our second choice keeper, because I would bring our two young keepers through anyway.Ruddy looks more like a juggler than a goalkeeper at times and this along with the balance in our midfield being far too attacking is a major reason why we conceeded so many last season and the majority of fans can''t see beyond blaming certain defenders for this (something which I have had a gutful of).We have a defence that has players who have much more chance of doing well in the Premiership than last time we were promoted in my opinion.  But they will not do well with a juggler behind them or if we choose to play far too many attacking midfielders in many games.A far better keeper than what we have at the moment is crucial for our hopes of making the next leap forwards as a club in my opinion.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]I have never slagged Russell Martin off Lapps.  I said I had doubts about whether he would be good enough for the Championship, but always have fully supported him and his performances which have so far proven me wrong.  I also have doubts about whether he will hang on to his place this coming season but think he will be a useful squad player for another year or two.  I think that De Laet may make that right back birth his as the season progresses.As for Wes I said he was awful on the wing which he was.I see you failed to answer my question once more.  Seeing as you are never wrong surely it isn''t a difficult one to answer?[/quote]

I thought de Laet was left-sided?

[/quote]Well you thought wrong then didn''t you?He sees himself as a centre half, played a couple of games at left back for Man Utd and played the majority of his games for Pompey last season at Right Back.He certainly won''t be taking the excellent Tierney''s place in the team I wouldn''t have thought.I would have thought that if he is to start games for us then it will be Russell Martin''s place in the back four that is most under threat, although De Laet could also get a few games at centre half maybe.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]
Now, now... no need to get personal... because I would say that anybody who thinks that a goalkeeper who is more akin to a juggler is a good prospect of being Number ONE in anything other than a team that will be relegated from the Premiership is a moron in my opinion.

8 errors where he either fumbled the ball or a shot went right through Ruddy in a season says everything to me that he is a passenger that we can ill-afford to carry in the Premiership.  This is to say nothing about his poor command of his defenders and that he is beaten to vast amounts of crosses put in to his 6 yard box.

A good shot stopper and nothing else.  We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have never rated him Tilly and would have played Declan Rudd over him for much of last season.  I didn''t voice my concerns very loudly though as we only had those goalkeeping options and it was unlikely that we would bring in another keeper during the season.

Now is the time to admit that he isn''t good enough to be our Number ONE and get somebody else in who is in my opinion.

I couldn''t really care if Ruddy sulks as our second choice keeper, because I would bring our two young keepers through anyway.

Ruddy looks more like a juggler than a goalkeeper at times and this along with the balance in our midfield being far too attacking is a major reason why we conceeded so many last season and the majority of fans can''t see beyond blaming certain defenders for this (something which I have had a gutful of).

We have a defence that has players who have much more chance of doing well in the Premiership than last time we were promoted in my opinion.  But they will not do well with a juggler behind them or if we choose to play far too many attacking midfielders in many games.

A far better keeper than what we have at the moment is crucial for our hopes of making the next leap forwards as a club in my opinion.
[/quote]

You sound concerned about our midfield being too attack minded now as well as Ruddy so what was with the bold statement a few short weeks ago that the Premiership is overrated and that we were in for a top ten finish?

Sorry if people want to shoot me down for this post but thought I would share it. Someone who I used to play footie with has put on Facebook an hour ago that he spotted FF on Unthank Road this afternoon..

It isn''t a post to say that he is definitely signing or anything similar. Thought you''d like to know and to discuss..

He is also a Man U fan so doubt he is bothered by Norwich transfer targets..

[quote user="Smudger"]As for Wes I said he was awful on the wing which he was.

[/quote]Er, no you didn''t.....

[quote user="Smudger"]He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player! [Y]

[/quote]And this gem from our 3rd division days.....

[quote user="Smudger"]I still don''t rate Lappin... where as you no doub''t were singing his praises after just one good performance and a couple of ok ones before returning to his usual standard?

It is the same with Hoolahan in my opinion.

If we look at the facts then Chris Martin or Cody McDonald have offered about as much as Hoolahan has this season in a fraction of the pitch time that he has had.

I don''t really expect to see Hoolahan or Lappin in our team come the end of the season.

I do not know if you went to Gillingham or not?  But Grant Holt actually had to give Hoolahan a good telling off for being a lazy little sod.  I don''t doub''t that Hoolahan can do a job for us at this level if he is on top of his game (like many of our players).  Half the problem with Hoolahan in my opinion is his lack of ability and the other half of his problem is that he seems to think that he is better than what he is.  I for one do not like lazy players.  The facts are that he has yet to play at much of a higher level than he is currently playing at and it seems to me that unless his manager or captain are constantly geeing him up then he slips back in to his old habits.

I have no problem admitting that I am wrong when I believe that I am wrong SHACK.  You may be happy to proclaim Hoolahan one of the best players in this league and give him the player of the season trophy after a couple of reasonable performances.  If he wishes to convert this critic though then it will take a lot more than he has done for us so far. 

When he has scored about 15 league goals and played most of the matches for a team that has actually won promotion for us, then come and tell me that I am wrong then at the end of the season... [;)]

[/quote]Now, where did you say he was "awful on the wing"?

His girlfriend lives here. How many times have we heard that! Norfolk girls seem to have a real effect on footballers who play for Norwich!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Now, now... no need to get personal... because I would say that anybody who thinks that a goalkeeper who is more akin to a juggler is a good prospect of being Number ONE in anything other than a team that will be relegated from the Premiership is a moron in my opinion.8 errors where he either fumbled the ball or a shot went right through Ruddy in a season says everything to me that he is a passenger that we can ill-afford to carry in the Premiership.  This is to say nothing about his poor command of his defenders and that he is beaten to vast amounts of crosses put in to his 6 yard box.A good shot stopper and nothing else.  We are in for a tough start to the season unless we bring in a new Number ONE I''m afraid.[/quote]

[/quote]I have never rated him Tilly and would have played Declan Rudd over him for much of last season.  I didn''t voice my concerns very loudly though as we only had those goalkeeping options and it was unlikely that we would bring in another keeper during the season.Now is the time to admit that he isn''t good enough to be our Number ONE and get somebody else in who is in my opinion.I couldn''t really care if Ruddy sulks as our second choice keeper, because I would bring our two young keepers through anyway.Ruddy looks more like a juggler than a goalkeeper at times and this along with the balance in our midfield being far too attacking is a major reason why we conceeded so many last season and the majority of fans can''t see beyond blaming certain defenders for this (something which I have had a gutful of).We have a defence that has players who have much more chance of doing well in the Premiership than last time we were promoted in my opinion.  But they will not do well with a juggler behind them or if we choose to play far too many attacking midfielders in many games.A far better keeper than what we have at the moment is crucial for our hopes of making the next leap forwards as a club in my opinion.[/quote]

You sound concerned about our midfield being too attack minded now as well as Ruddy so what was with the bold statement a few short weeks ago that the Premiership is overrated and that we were in for a top ten finish?

[/quote]I thought that we could Tilly and still believe that we could, but only if we bring in a few more additions to the squad in the right areas.With Ruddy in goal and no more midfielders added I would be thankful of just surviving.

[quote user="Smudger"]As for Wes I said he was awful on the wing which he was.

[/quote]Er, no you didn''t.....

[quote user="Smudger"]He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player! [Y]

[/quote]And this gem from our 3rd division days.....

[quote user="Smudger"]I still don''t rate Lappin... where as you no doub''t were singing his praises after just one good performance and a couple of ok ones before returning to his usual standard?

It is the same with Hoolahan in my opinion.

If we look at the facts then Chris Martin or Cody McDonald have offered about as much as Hoolahan has this season in a fraction of the pitch time that he has had.

I don''t really expect to see Hoolahan or Lappin in our team come the end of the season.

I do not know if you went to Gillingham or not?  But Grant Holt actually had to give Hoolahan a good telling off for being a lazy little sod.  I don''t doub''t that Hoolahan can do a job for us at this level if he is on top of his game (like many of our players).  Half the problem with Hoolahan in my opinion is his lack of ability and the other half of his problem is that he seems to think that he is better than what he is.  I for one do not like lazy players.  The facts are that he has yet to play at much of a higher level than he is currently playing at and it seems to me that unless his manager or captain are constantly geeing him up then he slips back in to his old habits.

I have no problem admitting that I am wrong when I believe that I am wrong SHACK.  You may be happy to proclaim Hoolahan one of the best players in this league and give him the player of the season trophy after a couple of reasonable performances.  If he wishes to convert this critic though then it will take a lot more than he has done for us so far. 

When he has scored about 15 league goals and played most of the matches for a team that has actually won promotion for us, then come and tell me that I am wrong then at the end of the season... [;)]

[/quote]Now, where did you say he was "awful on the wing"?

[/quote]I have no idea... keep hunting though... I am sure that you will find it somewhere if you look hard enough Lapps??? [;)]Seems like these two posts that you have plucked out of context are from the time shortly after Lambert moved him from being a winger to the tip of the diamond?  Still had a lot to prove at that point for me.  Yes he had fancy footwork etc, but he hadn''t actually produced too much for us at that stage in his career.As I said though, if he goes on and does what he went on to do (score approx 15 goals and create a fair few for a team that wins promotion) then he deserves all of the creit he gets.You would praise any woeful performance by a player unless it met with mutual approval from the vast majority though wouldn''t you?Oh no wait a minute, you did rate the Doc when the majority didn''t.  Maybe that is why you are so afraid of giving your opinion on footballing matters and getting your fingers burnt???

PLEASE sign some one, any one, or even just express an interest something so we can move on and talk about something else...

SDPete - does this post need a spring clean too, feeling a little old and regurgitated ;-)

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh no wait a minute, you did rate the Doc when the majority didn''t.  Maybe that is why you are so afraid of giving your opinion on footballing matters and getting your fingers burnt???

[/quote]I always said he was never as bad as you constantly said he was. Just like you berated the Doc, Wes, Russell Martin, Lappin and now Ruddy. Your constant scapegoating of individual players is boring and childish.

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh no wait a minute, you did rate the Doc when the majority didn''t.  Maybe that is why you are so afraid of giving your opinion on footballing matters and getting your fingers burnt???

[/quote]I always said he was never as bad as you constantly said he was. Just like you berated the Doc, Wes, Russell Martin, Lappin and now Ruddy. Your constant scapegoating of individual players is boring and childish.

[/quote]What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)]Of course Jackson is now in favour with the vast majority so you would never admit to having called him crap and a waste of money now would you?

I have heard today that Fraser Forster is apparently house hunting in Norwich and staying at Dunston Hall.Again I am not sue if this is true or not, but just passing on what I have heard.

[quote user="Smudger"]
What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)]

[/quote]

Still do McNamee?  How the hell do you make someone a scapegoat who at best was a bench warmer last season?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Smudger, you would have to immediately doubt that if his girlfriend lives in Norwich....[/quote]

That''s extremely presumptuous isn''t it? Two people don''t need to live together just because they''re in a relationship, do they?

Besides, if he''s joining up with us, he might prefer to have an all expenses paid room at Dunston Hall. I know I would.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Smudger, you would have to immediately doubt that if his girlfriend lives in Norwich....[/quote]Well he must be keen on the girl then if it has nothing to do with footballing matters?Just imagine if Tilly had purchased a house for all of his female friends.  I don''t think the £136 million available on the Euromillions would leave much change!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)][/quote]

Still do McNamee?  How the hell do you make someone a scapegoat who at best was a bench warmer last season?

[/quote]It doesn''t stop me with the likes of Lappin and Cody McDonald... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)]

Of course Jackson is now in favour with the vast majority so you would never admit to having called him crap and a waste of money now would you?

[/quote]Jackson was good in the last half dozen games or so, but what happened in the other forty? Even Wilbraham was preferred to him until he was injured!

[quote user="Smudger"]What you mean just as you scapegoated Jackson last season and still do McNamee? [:^)]Of course Jackson is now in favour with the vast majority so you would never admit to having called him crap and a waste of money now would you?

[/quote]Jackson was good in the last half dozen games or so, but what happened in the other forty? Even Wilbraham was preferred to him until he was injured!

[/quote]hahaahahaha it has been pointed out to you numerous times that Simeon''s goal ratio for the number of minutes he actually spent on the pitch was actually pretty good throughout the season (yes even during all that time when you said he was crap).When he finally got a proper run of games he made his goal ratio for the number of minutes that he spent on the pitch last season better than any player in the Championship.Of course even when he was striking gold towards the end of the season, we had you doubting him for most of it (until it became popular opinion to think that he was a quality striker) didn''t we?

simple question...young up and coming goalkeeper to battle it out with tim Krul for the number 1 spot... Harper is getting older...we wont sign forster... Newcastle arent stupid...