Sign in to follow this  
NeonYellow

Coventry Looking To Buy Mark Fotheringham

Surprised to see Coventry are looking at Mark Fotheringham. Thoughts anyone?

Source:

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_chase_former_norwich_midfielder_681073/index.shtml?

They''d be paying for the privilege of relegation.

They''ve lost or will lose their best players this summer - what odds can you get on them going down? Might stick a few quid on it...

That''s what I thought Canary Man, would almost feel sorry for them if they hadn''t taken Bell and Clingan off us so opportunistically!

So as soon as one complete b*****d is gone, they decide to bring in another complete b*****d to shore up the numbers of their complete b*****d quota.At least Marlon King is a decent striker (damn him). Fotheringham is a player convinced of his own brilliance, but can''t deliver because he isn''t nearly as talented as he thinks he is. Rant over. Sorry.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]So as soon as one complete b*****d is gone, they decide to bring in another complete b*****d to shore up the numbers of their complete b*****d quota.At least Marlon King is a decent striker (damn him). Fotheringham is a player convinced of his own brilliance, but can''t deliver because he isn''t nearly as talented as he thinks he is. Rant over. Sorry.[/quote]militant by name and nature!

Is this a bit like when Sheff Utd, Derby, Espanyol and all the rest wanted to sign him?

Before he ended up in Cyprus.

Mr Mark Sideways Shuffler Fotheringham. Now there''s a name I''ve long tried to forget. One or two games I saw him play out of his skin, and would literally pick up the rest of the team like Steven Gerrard does for Liverpool and drive them forward. But the other 40 or so games I saw from him were utter, utter drivel. Couldn''t buy a forward pass from him and despite the fans screaming at him to look forward would always do that strange sideways shuffle before passing it square or back.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Militant Canary"]So as soon as one complete b*****d is gone, they decide to bring in another complete b*****d to shore up the numbers of their complete b*****d quota.At least Marlon King is a decent striker (damn him). Fotheringham is a player convinced of his own brilliance, but can''t deliver because he isn''t nearly as talented as he thinks he is. Rant over. Sorry.[/quote]militant by name and nature![/quote]I have my moments!I do have strong opinions of both these players. I don''t think I''m wrong about either of them.

Whatever else he might be short of in the footballing talent pool, he hasn''t half got an agent who can talk up a good story!

[quote user="NeonYellow"]Coventry Looking To Buy Mark Fotheringham[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/laughitupsmilie.gif[/IMG]

Now I am no fan of Mark Fotheringham, but to categorise him in the same bracket as a person like Marlon King is pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

I''m not saying I liked his attitude. I thought he was arrogant, and someone that summed up the ''ugly'' nature of our club back then. However, likening him to King - who was convicted of some extremely unpleasant and serious stuff, and did time for it - is miles off.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Now I am no fan of Mark Fotheringham, but to categorise him in the same bracket as a person like Marlon King is pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

I''m not saying I liked his attitude. I thought he was arrogant, and someone that summed up the ''ugly'' nature of our club back then. However, likening him to King - who was convicted of some extremely unpleasant and serious stuff, and did time for it - is miles off.[/quote]Can we agree that they are merely different kinds of complete b******d? One more extreme and unpleasant than the other, but still essentially complete b******d''s, nonetheless.

Don''t forget Alan Gow, David Carney & Antoine Sibierksi!

OOoooo wonder if they make him captain??  Captain One-Season!!Such an influence on the pitch and in the dressing room - but will only sign for one season, just in case Barca come knocking!!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/world-football/2011/06/17/mark-fotheringham-shocked-as-cypriot-side-famagusta-ban-scots-star-from-training-86908-23207140/

Looks like Dundee United fans weren''t too keen on Fotheringham judging by the comment at the bottom of this...

After the Coventry fans little display during Lambert''s speech after the final game I have everything crossed that Fotheringham ends up at the Ricoh!

Fotheringham is one of the worst players we have had in recent years and was far too overrated by both Grant and Roeder. All Coventry need to do is sign him, play him as a first-team regular, stick him as the skipper and they will find themselves in the 3rd tier this time next year.

Apparently he was banned from training with his club in Cyprus

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/fotheringham.htm

Has there ever been a worse choice for Norwich City Captain? Roeder, what were you thiniking of? (Actually I think I know).

what?[quote user="Binky"]Has there ever been a worse choice for Norwich City Captain? Roeder, what were you thiniking of? (Actually I think I know). [/quote]