Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Lansbury don't want us no more

Too many ifs and buts to think about here. Lansbury''s Arsenal future won''t depend on what he wants. It will depend on what Wenger wants. If Wenger wants to put him out on loan for another season and was prepared to loan him to another prem club  then I would think we would be favourites if Lambert wants him. If Wenger wants to keep Lansbury next season then Lansbury will get what he wants. If Wenger wants to sell Lansbury then it would depend on whether we could offer the player and club what they want.

I''m sure he''s always said he wants a future at Arsenal, can''t blame him!

[quote user="AJ"]I''m sure he''s always said he wants a future at Arsenal, can''t blame him!
[/quote]

He''ll never make it at Arsenal, he won''t pass the ball when he has a clear shooting chance himself!

Can''t blame him, but I don''t think he looks good enough for Arsenal yet. I''d see if we could take him on loan again next season, if he doesn''t find himself in Vinegar Face''s plans.

I just wanted him to do the same as Pac man and say he would love to come back if he''s not in the 1st team plans!!

[quote user="DOGGER"]I just wanted him to do the same as Pac man and say he would love to come back if he''s not in the 1st team plans!![/quote]

I''m sure he would come back if told he isn''t likely to play first team football. The main difference is Pacheco was speaking to Norwich based media whilst Lansbury was speaking to Arsenal based media - it changes people''s answer dramatically obviously.

I think Lansbury will get games in the League Cup as normal, possibly Champions League qualifier (depending on the opposition of course) and a few Premier League games (ironically probably against us). If he is coming on loan I can''t see it happening until just before the the transfer window closes, Wenger will want Lansbury about for their pre-season freindlies as this is where people like Wilshere and Ramsey have first stated their claims for first team football.

Lansbury is Arsenal through and through having supported them since he was very young, tearing him away from Arsenal will be much harder than taking Pacheco from Liverpool.

Of the two players, I''d like to see Lansbury back here. Pacheco went missing in the important games (that he played in) we had when he was here.

Another thing to bare in mind, is Lansbury has had 3 loan spells, meaning in the last 3 seasons, he hasn''t actually been at Arsenal for very long.

Now in his mind, maybe he has even been told something like this, he''s showed what he can do elsewhere, and he deserves a chance at Arsenal, and wants to push for that chance.

While Pacheco, hasn''t really proved himself fully yet (i suppose Lansbury hasn''t either, but he''s played a lot more games), so he would probably be quite keen to get that chance, if Liverpool don''t need him for the first team next season. And as he''s already been here, fits out style quite well, he will probably have us as his first choice. (unless he wants to go back to Spain)

So the title of the piece is "Lansbury tells Norwich he wants Arsenal future" then third paragraph - “I just want to try and force my way into the Arsenal side next season,” Lansbury told the Official Arsenal Matchday Programme.

No, of course not. He just wants a chance to play at the highest level i.e. Premier League & Champions League. Fair enough. Good luck to the lad.

lets also Remember Lansbury wasn''t a 1st team choice in his time here too.. there were many times he was on the bench..he is a little bit away from first team football yet but all the best to him and thanks for everything,.... especially Millwall at home!

Anybody else find the title misleading?''Lansbury wants to break into the Arsenal squad'' would be much more accurate. ''Lansbury don''t want us no more'' sounds much more negative, like he wants to turn his back on Norwich. When he actually only had alot of positive things to say about the club.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I did Henri but to be honest he was always behind Wes. [/quote]

Saucy...

[/quote]

Oh sweet baby jesus and the orphans!

Meant to read "i did rate henri".... Right...Super injunction, anyone got the number?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I did Henri but to be honest he was always behind Wes. [/quote]

Saucy...

[/quote] Oh sweet baby jesus and the orphans! Meant to read "i did rate henri".... Right...Super injunction, anyone got the number?[/quote]

I does explain wher you get your *ahem* inside... information from though.

Can you really blame him ?!?Arsenal or Norwich... hmmmmmGood luck to him  ! Dont honestly know if he will make it, if he doesnt, then we will welcome him back with open arms.Awesome player

Another casualty of the corrupt loan system. Another young English player who will not be allowed to develop his career correctly. He will always be at the beck and call of his masters, Arsenal, and if he does well at any club they will want him back or he will increase his value way above that club''s means.

It will not be possible to buy Henri anyway at the moment because he is still an unknown quantity and the loan system is not there for the likes of us, or Henri, it is there for the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal Manchester United, Chelsea and all the other top clubs.

As a thought - what would happen to all the players who are presently loaned out if either the loan system was scrapped or lower clubs wised up and took no players on loan? Where would those players play? What would Arsenal do with an extra 17 professionals at their club? Surely lower clubs would then have the opportunity of signing good younger players with the chance of developing them for themselves instead of other people and possibly selling them on at a later date to bring them in much needed finance.

The loan system is no longer there for the needy only there for the greedy.

The fact Lansbury probably won''t return doesn''t really bother me too much. Yes he popped up with a few goals but so did others in our midfield. If he were that good he''d have been starting for us every week which as others have pointed out he wasn''t. I reckon he''ll go back to Arsenal but wouldn''t be the least bit surprised if he goes back out on loan to another Championship side next year, or he''ll just play in their league cup matches.