Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Plastic Fans..... NOT YOU PUP's!!!

Now i know this has been covered but anyone noticed the plastic fans coming out of the woodwork?? I am not doing ''im a bigger fan than you'' as if you are a ''plastic prem fan'' you wouldnt even know this msg board existed!

i will give you an example over heard today...

person A...

Still cant believe we have gone up to the prem

person B.....

I know i cant either, WE have played so well this year. is there a TV in the corner yet??

now they would bloody know if they had been in the last 10 years if we did!!!!

sorry but it gets my goat, end of rant

OTBC WAPL

Way I look at it is this, everyone has got to start somewhere and if we CAN increase capacity by a few hundred this summer and then by ten or so thousand in a couple of years the newcomers will be paying for our stability, for us to carry on watching this fantastic football.

Bring ''em on!!

Haha I knew it was only a matter of time before we had a thread like this. On a similar note, every time we have some success I notice one or two more green and yellow shirts round these parts aswell, and whenever I ask them if they''re from Norwich they don''t even know which county it''s in!. But still, it''s a compliment to the club, and I guess even if they''re from down south you have as much right to support the club as folk from Norwich do (or do they???).

I havent been down to the fine PREMIERSHIP[:D] city since the Derby County game but from the reaction on sites like Facebook and twitter to an extent there have suddenly emerged a new glory hunting element to our support. Damn glory hunters [:@] I was at the game we lost 7-1 v Colchester, where the f*ck were they??????

I don''t get the comment about" is there a TV in the corner yet??" Unless I''m missing the bleeding obvious.

As for there being more Norwich shirts in the fine county of Dorset I find it hardly likely that they would choose Norwich to support over Prem clubs (just because we''re doing well) and do you really ask them what county Norwich is in or do they give the information freely that they don''t know?

This is really just another thread about being a better fan than yow.  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]They were leaving the ground after 30 mins CT :P[/quote]

I didn''t leave the ground but I left my seat and went downstairs to drink a pint  lol  I was very angry mind you

[quote user="CT"]I havent been down to the fine PREMIERSHIP[:D] city since the Derby County game but from the reaction on sites like Facebook and twitter to an extent there have suddenly emerged a new glory hunting element to our support.

Damn glory hunters [:@]

I was at the game we lost 7-1 v Colchester, where the f*ck were they??????
[/quote]

I was there - Chanting "We''re gonna win 8-7"

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I don''t get the comment about" is there a TV in the corner yet??" Unless I''m missing the bleeding obvious.

As for there being more Norwich shirts in the fine county of Dorset I find it hardly likely that they would choose Norwich to support over Prem clubs (just because we''re doing well) and do you really ask them what county Norwich is in or do they give the information freely that they don''t know?

[/quote]I assumed he meant, the City fan didn''t have a clue whether there was one of those ''big screens'' in the corners of the ground.

Ah, cheers for clearing that up. Is there by the way?

Welcome back Shroud of Turin. Some would say you''re only back because we''re doing so well. But not me. [;)]

I was at the club shop at the ground today and they told me its been manic....likewise in Yellows.

Thats got to be good for the club surely?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I was at the club shop at the ground today and they told me its been manic....likewise in Yellows.

[/quote]

It''s all good for the club mate, but we could have done with that support when we were in division 1 lol

Ah, cheers for clearing that up. Is there by the way?

Welcome back Shroud of Turin. Some would say you''re only back because we''re doing so well. But not me. [;)]

[/quote][:)]

[/quote]

No, as I said in my post if I see a yellow shirt then I ask them if they''re from Norwich, quite a reasonable question I feel. And also, no, it is nowhere near to the same extent as your Man U''s and Chelsea''s - But then I neither said nor suggested that ;)

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Ah Wiz I wondered if you were still about.  Well done for predicting automatic promotion[Y]

There has certainly been an abundance of stupid posts on here from people with 17 posts to their name.

I think to name one, some fool suggesting we get Fraser Forster back and ditch Ruddy.

Who cares if they are glory hunters, seasoned fans or when I can fans. They all bring something to the club either through money or support and if it makes them feel good, then who the hell are people to say they shouldn''t go!

This is an age old argument along with who is the better fan etc.

[quote user="CT"]I was at the game we lost 7-1 v Colchester, where the f*ck were they??????[/quote]I drove down from Blackpool for that one, it was a very long and gloomy drive back after the game, it was easy to get my car out of County Hall though.

I''ve worn a Norwich shirt or T shirt in Canterbury since 76 (not the same one) & proud to be a loyal Norwich supporter.Don''t go as often as I''d like these days,last game at Millwall,but used to go a lot, home & away pre marriage & kids.Love Norwich, both the city & football & but for work,family & friends would move up.Even convinced two of my boys to support Norwich too.Dread to think how much I''ve spent on NCFC over the years but I do know that every penny has been worth it.I would say that coming from Norwich gives someone the right to support Norwich but there''s also room for a man of Kent too.

Ok, I am one of these new posters. Just like to say that I have viewed these forum for a log time but never posted. Why? because i simply haven''t been able to watch many matches (because of live in Australia) and have felt that I couldn''t really add anything meaningful to add to the after discussion seeing so few games. However, now I have been able to watch most matches this month (since a lot were on tv) and will be able to watch every game next year so I feel like i could contribute. I''ve been supporting Norwich since I''ve had an interest in watching football (post 02 world cup) have several jerseys watch matches in middle of night when possible and if this makes me a plastic fan so be it. Lets face it if I wanted to support a team only for success i''d support Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal like 90% of Australian supporters.

Dude, you don''t have to justify yourself to us numpties on this board.

If there was a template for the best fan we wouldn''t keep hearing the same crap argument.

More the merrier I say whether you watch many games or not.

my OP was not at people who come on here as they show an interest in ncfc and must support to a large extent to even know or bother looking for norwich forums, it was a few sole few from my personal experience at work of colleagues who for the last 3 years have not mentioned the club or games and now are supposed die hard fans!! and its not an arguement that they will buy anything from the club because they wont, they are just jumping on the bandwagon which we have been pushing up to this WONDERFUL summit!!

as said i am not digging at anyone from anywhere in the world supporting norwich (for the aussie guy, my brother in law is in Perth WA and there seem to be more and more over there!)

Yeah, when I was an idiot and a lot younger I went to Perth and wore an England shirt a bit - Fortunately I didn''t get a kicking but a lot of plastic Mancs did come up to me and talk to me about the Premiership! Really friendly people in Perth though, favourite city on earth.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Now i know this has been covered but anyone noticed the plastic fans coming out of the woodwork?? I am not doing ''im a bigger fan than you'' as if you are a ''plastic prem fan'' you wouldnt even know this msg board existed! i will give you an example over heard today... person A... Still cant believe we have gone up to the prem person B..... I know i cant either, WE have played so well this year. is there a TV in the corner yet?? now they would bloody know if they had been in the last 10 years if we did!!!! sorry but it gets my goat, end of rant OTBC WAPL[/quote]

Well I stood in the garage in Morrisons on Tuesday and someone said How is Craig Fleming doing these days, No, he really thought he was still with us.He started to rabbit on, I switched my earing aid off and just nodded and smiled, comes in handy this new aid LOL  

Plastic fans are annoying, but as has been said, if they put money into the club for the next season... and hopefully beyond, then all the better.

You have to rise above it, we can all see it when it''s in our faces, i haven''t a clue why its so annoying... but it is. If i could put my finger on what it is that causes me to be pissed off with someone praising my team then i could deal with it better.

I think the issue is that at times, when you have such passion for any club, it''s almost a curse that can screw up weekends, and sometimes weeks at a time.

The thought of someone not having to go through that, and then jump up and down when success comes just doesnt seem fair.

This week i''ve heard:

Them: "That ref was awful at the start of the match, should''ve sent that player off for kicking at Holt"

Me: "Was Andy D''urso, what did you expect?"

Them: "Nah, I mean at the start of the match. It was definetly Holt!"

and

Them: "Championanas! Championanas! oo-a! oo-a!" (Yes - said like that!)

Me: "If QPR Get docked points, maybe... See what happens"

Them: "QPR Still got to play then?''

-Confused on this one - But they looked dissapointed as tho we hadn''t gained promotion and QPR had something up there sleeve-

and (This really got me boiled but i didnt bite)..

Them: "Got tickets for Man u next season" *smug grin*

Me: "Bloody hell! You done well to get them so early!"

Them: "Uncle works at the stadium, had a few last season but couldnt make it, gonna be massive up there!"

Me: "He work at Old trafford or Carrow Road?"

Them: "Norwich, you prat!"

Me: "Cool, don''t bring them in as i will be well jealous!"

oh, and (This was funny - the guy is quite openly a fairweather supporter):

Them: "ON THE BALL CITY!!!!"

Me: *smiles*

Them: ".......You''ll have to teach me all of that song sometime!"

heheh...

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

[/quote]

No, as I said in my post if I see a yellow shirt then I ask them if they''re from Norwich, quite a reasonable question I feel. And also, no, it is nowhere near to the same extent as your Man U''s and Chelsea''s - But then I neither said nor suggested that ;)[/quote]Canary shirts do turn up in Dorset quite often... or maybe my eyes are just tuned into noticing them?

if you dont have a 2003 join date you''re not a true fan IMO.

You forget you have to be a season ticket holder

Oh to have a ticket in the Barclay / Snakepit

Oh and you have to have flawless spelling on this board

Completely forgot, you need to sing constantly during every match

If you don''t buy your pint in the stadium before hand you are depriving the club of money

Of course, you arent allowed to criticise players, you''re just a hater

Nearly missed out you have to love The Doc for everything he gave the club

I know I missed out several, but anything less makes you a second class fan.