Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Plastic Fans..... NOT YOU PUP's!!!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I don''t get the comment about" is there a TV in the corner yet??" Unless I''m missing the bleeding obvious.

As for there being more Norwich shirts in the fine county of Dorset I find it hardly likely that they would choose Norwich to support over Prem clubs (just because we''re doing well) and do you really ask them what county Norwich is in or do they give the information freely that they don''t know?

This is really just another thread about being a better fan than yow.  

[/quote]

No, as I said in my post if I see a yellow shirt then I ask them if they''re from Norwich, quite a reasonable question I feel. And also, no, it is nowhere near to the same extent as your Man U''s and Chelsea''s - But then I neither said nor suggested that ;)[/quote]Canary shirts do turn up in Dorset quite often... or maybe my eyes are just tuned into noticing them?[/quote]

I suspect it''s a bit of both really, Cluck. But I totally agree, despite Wings Of A Sparrow thinking otherwise, you often do see Canary fans around here and I''m happy to say that if they''re in a pub I will often make the cardinal sin of asking them out of curiosity if they''re from Norwich or just local people to Dorset who for whatever reason like the club. I never ask them if it''s because of Delia though, because one day I know it''ll be you haha (but I''ll keep an eye out for the dead giveaway - those WHITE Reebok classics ;))

[quote user="sergio"]if you dont have a 2003 join date you''re not a true fan IMO.[/quote]

Haha, I know for a fact that many of us were on here then, but have simply re-registered, so that theory of yours isn''t quite fair ;). You are one of the fortunate ones that have managed to keep your original username/login/whateveryouwanttocallit. Can''t even remember my original username now, let alone password!

[quote user="Downloads"]

You forget you have to be a season ticket holder

Oh to have a ticket in the Barclay / Snakepit

Oh and you have to have flawless spelling on this board

Completely forgot, you need to sing constantly during every match

If you don''t buy your pint in the stadium before hand you are depriving the club of money

Of course, you arent allowed to criticise players, you''re just a hater

Nearly missed out you have to love The Doc for everything he gave the club

I know I missed out several, but anything less makes you a second class fan.

[/quote]Sums it up nicely Downloads.....  You missed the loyalty and undying gratitude to Delia Smith though.

I can remember when you weren''t considered a proper fan unless you didn''t renew your season ticket and protested against Delia.

How times have changed!

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Now i know this has been covered but anyone noticed the plastic fans coming out of the woodwork?? I am not doing ''im a bigger fan than you'' as if you are a ''plastic prem fan'' you wouldnt even know this msg board existed!

i will give you an example over heard today...

person A...

Still cant believe we have gone up to the prem

person B.....

I know i cant either, WE have played so well this year. is there a TV in the corner yet??

now they would bloody know if they had been in the last 10 years if we did!!!!

sorry but it gets my goat, end of rant

OTBC WAPL[/quote]

Here we go again, lets get some figures out, just because there are a lot of people singing the praises of our beloved city, why does it make them plastic. There could be 40k plus out there but Carrow Road only hold 27k, so how the f*ck is everyone goint to get in? as most are season ticket holders anyway. Me, I work 5 out of 6 weekends and shift work during the week, but go to see the boys play when I can, does that make me plastic? I can remember standing in the old South Stand (if you can remember it) with my dad and grandfather as a 7 year old (now 53). Joined up in 72 but got to games when ever I could, even tuning into world service in belize on our HF radio''s just to get the results. I was stationed in Tidworth in 75, and went to see the boys gain promotion at Portsmouth. So does this make me plastic or anyone else for that matter? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, makes me kin angry.

I think I understand the OP perfectly. I know a fella, who''s always been a Barnsley fan. Lives near norwich. When we were in league one, I had it ripped out of me for being a city fan. Fine, I take that. As we''ve crept up the leagues, moved ahead of barnsley, I''ve started ripping it out of him for a change. He is now a massive norwich fan!?!? He''s even got tickets to the Coventry match. I''m all for the casual supporter, but thats ridiculous. I know several huge city fans (who always have been), who are unable to get a ticket to the Coventry match. That''s what winds me up most.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I don''t get the comment about" is there a TV in the corner yet??" Unless I''m missing the bleeding obvious.

As for there being more Norwich shirts in the fine county of Dorset I find it hardly likely that they would choose Norwich to support over Prem clubs (just because we''re doing well) and do you really ask them what county Norwich is in or do they give the information freely that they don''t know?

This is really just another thread about being a better fan than yow.  

[/quote]

No, as I said in my post if I see a yellow shirt then I ask them if they''re from Norwich, quite a reasonable question I feel. And also, no, it is nowhere near to the same extent as your Man U''s and Chelsea''s - But then I neither said nor suggested that ;)[/quote]Canary shirts do turn up in Dorset quite often... or maybe my eyes are just tuned into noticing them?[/quote]

I suspect it''s a bit of both really, Cluck. But I totally agree, despite Wings Of A Sparrow thinking otherwise, you often do see Canary fans around here and I''m happy to say that if they''re in a pub I will often make the cardinal sin of asking them out of curiosity if they''re from Norwich or just local people to Dorset who for whatever reason like the club. I never ask them if it''s because of Delia though, because one day I know it''ll be you haha (but I''ll keep an eye out for the dead giveaway - those WHITE Reebok classics ;))[/quote]He he he.  [:D]You couldn''t miss me Alex. I''d best the best looking guy in the place surrounded by attractive women desperate for my attention. Yep... that''s me.  [;)]