Sign in to follow this  
Canary23

Friendly V Celtic

I will be there and my brother in law should be coming down from Scotland with the Celtic Fans.

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="City penguin"]only a small minority of their fans are ar&holes. In comparison to rangers wich are total scum.[/quote]

lets not turn this into a Celtic / Rangers arguement,but supporters that hurl abuse at british soldiers and refuse to observe silence on remembrance day have no place in this city or its football stadium[/quote]Freedom of speech?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Great for Adam, will be a full house. Last time they came I think was Gunny`s testimonial, the away fans filled the whole of the South stand.
Adam is a top man wonder what will be his fate next season?  
[/quote]

Gunny''s testimonial was against Man Utd. Was my 1st visit to Carrow Road!

Might just wear my orange T-shirt then, the amount of anti English songs is a disgrace and as for that horrible little man Lennon, he can fudge right off, I would rather we played Lincoln than those cretins.

What it means is that a very loyal servant to this club (and a thoroughly decent bloke) is guaranteed a well earned pay day due to a big Carrow Road crowd.

Seeing the South Stand full of 9,000 colourful and vociferous Celtic supporters was a sight to behold. If you weren''t there last time be prepared to be amazed at the volume and the variety of songs they have in their repertoire. Also be prepared for their rendition of the St Pauli song "That''s the way we like it" sung like you''ve never heard it before.

The few idiots who turned up in Rangers shirts that night were very quiet indeed.

It also means that unless there is a date on it I won''t have to buy another Norwich/Celtic scarf.

It''s downright disgraceful to call Celtic and the fans ''pure scum''.

I hope the people who have attacked Celtic as much as they have realise the massive links Lambo also has with them....

Is Paul Lambert scum as well then?

[quote user="CT"]

I hope the people who have attacked Celtic as much as they have realise the massive links Lambo also has with them....

[/quote]dont know CT.... lets say yes considering you think Tamir Cohen is scum.Hypocrite!

[quote user="CT"]

[/quote]

One of the most ironic posts on this forum considering your post about Israel.

I have an issue with Israel because I have an ethnic link to Palestine ...

Or at least it was Palestine before the expansionist Zionist monster completely destroyed it....

[quote user="CT"]

Or at least it was Palestine before the expansionist Zionist monster completely destroyed it....

[/quote]

So its ok for you to call any israeli player sc*m and have an issue with israel but it not ok for some of us to say we don''t like Celtic fans because they (and its not all admittedly but its more than a small minority of them) sing about killing the English and laugh at our troops being killed?

I''m getting the word - hypocrite!

Celtic does have its fair share of idiotic fans like those who are pro IRA and show a distasteful lack of respect to our lost troops, the majority of them are fine and boast a highly impressive fan base. If Celtic were to move the Premier League they would become one of the biggest clubs in Europe without a doubt, hopefully that will never happen though as their is no fair way of doing it unless they are prepared to start from the bottom of the English football pyramid. Even then I would be against it as I believe the English divisions should be English clubs only and those countries that hate all that is English should not be allowed to sponge of our game.

[quote user="CT"]

[/quote]

Ethnic or religious link?

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

What it means is that a very loyal servant to this club (and a thoroughly decent bloke) is guaranteed a well earned pay day due to a big Carrow Road crowd.

Seeing the South Stand full of 9,000 colourful and vociferous Celtic supporters was a sight to behold. If you weren''t there last time be prepared to be amazed at the volume and the variety of songs they have in their repertoire. Also be prepared for their rendition of the St Pauli song "That''s the way we like it" sung like you''ve never heard it before.

The few idiots who turned up in Rangers shirts that night were very quiet indeed.

It also means that unless there is a date on it I won''t have to buy another Norwich/Celtic scarf.

[/quote]

Pretty much spot on[Y]He deserves a big crowd and with a team like Celtic turning up,he is guaranteed it.

Well, the only fair thing to do would be arrange a friendly against Rangers too then! From a purely footballing point of view wouldn''t it be great to play them both? Having said that it probably won''t happen but I''m excited we will get the chance to see Norwich play Celtic.

For all of those who stand behind what their country does, even if it is doing things that they shouldn''t it is easy to see why you probably knock the Germans as well as the Catholic side of the Catholic/Protestant divide.  Surely this is how divisions remain between people for so long and so many people hate Germans who I actually believe are the country that is most like us English in the rest of the world?FACTS are that the English created the problems that exist in Northern Ireland and that the only reason we raped their country for so long was down to the land being good for farming and then wanting to keep hold of it due to the amount of money made from ship building.  We should never have been in Northern Ireland FULL STOP, but due to what we caused will now never be able to leave.  It is unbelieveable how the Orangemen and the Protestant side are still the main ones who will not let sleeping dogs lie.  Parcel bombs sent to a football manager???  Shocking!!!There has been wrongdoing from both sides undoubtedly, but idiotic inflamatory comments from a large number of people and the unwillingness (especially amongst Loyalist Groups who failed to lay down their arms in the peace process) to put the past behind them will mean that the troubles we saw for many years are likely to come back again and cost this country even more money to look after a problem which it never should have created for itself in the first place. It''s a game of football between two teams for gods sake and those of you who are claiming that you can''t turn up for one reason or another which is related to the troubles that have taken place over the years, have the same kind of thought process that allowed what has taken place in Northern Ireland over the years to flourish.I think that it will be a great testimonial match for Adam and it will also be nice for Paul Lambert to have Celtic and their fans come to town.  I don''t often attend firendlies, but may just make an exception for this one.Oh and no Tangy, I won''t be acting as a body double.  I don''t have red hair!!! [;)]

[quote user="CT"]My Dad is Palestinian.....I hope that explains why I''m not exactly keen on Israel and how it was formed....[/quote]Doesn''t explain why you should call a player ''scum'' just because of the country they happen to be born in though.

Drury deserves a good lucrative friendly which is why hes chosen the very well supported Celtic!

Anyone making any racist and or derogatory chants at the game should be ejected and banned from all footbal matches!

All this religious bitter rivalry is not needed at our club!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Drury deserves a good lucrative friendly which is why hes chosen the very well supported Celtic!

Anyone making any racist and or derogatory chants at the game should be ejected and banned from all footbal matches!

All this religious bitter rivalry is not needed at our club![/quote]Better ban the Celtic support coming to the game then, as there will be enormous amount of ejections from their section...

Shocked at the bile coming from both sides! Surely from a football point of view and a "thanks Adam Drury," point of view, this is a good thing. That''s not to say I want Celtic to win the league as they are more likely to be able to hang on to FF if they win the league!

[quote user="Smudger"]For all of those who stand behind what their country does, even if it is doing things that they shouldn''t it is easy to see why you probably knock the Germans as well as the Catholic side of the Catholic/Protestant divide.  Surely this is how divisions remain between people for so long and so many people hate Germans who I actually believe are the country that is most like us English in the rest of the world?FACTS are that the English created the problems that exist in Northern Ireland and that the only reason we raped their country for so long was down to the land being good for farming and then wanting to keep hold of it due to the amount of money made from ship building.  We should never have been in Northern Ireland FULL STOP, but due to what we caused will now never be able to leave.  It is unbelieveable how the Orangemen and the Protestant side are still the main ones who will not let sleeping dogs lie.  Parcel bombs sent to a football manager???  Shocking!!!There has been wrongdoing from both sides undoubtedly, but idiotic inflamatory comments from a large number of people and the unwillingness (especially amongst Loyalist Groups who failed to lay down their arms in the peace process) to put the past behind them will mean that the troubles we saw for many years are likely to come back again and cost this country even more money to look after a problem which it never should have created for itself in the first place. It''s a game of football between two teams for gods sake and those of you who are claiming that you can''t turn up for one reason or another which is related to the troubles that have taken place over the years, have the same kind of thought process that allowed what has taken place in Northern Ireland over the years to flourish.I think that it will be a great testimonial match for Adam and it will also be nice for Paul Lambert to have Celtic and their fans come to town.  I don''t often attend firendlies, but may just make an exception for this one.Oh and no Tangy, I won''t be acting as a body double.  I don''t have red hair!!! [;)][/quote]Take a bow son..... Top post. [Y]