Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

News on Holt

[quote user="Socer Estus Sonitus"]Whatever the case you would have thought the physio would have looked at it, if only as a precautionary measure.  I think it is far more serious than they are letting on.
[/quote]

So do I, unfortunately, but I really hope that I am wrong.  

IMO due to his experience Holt would have known if it was serious and would have signalled the bench to that effect and come off.

I think they will both be on the bench for Forest, and both play against the Binners. I just think if they were both out for the season, PL would come out and say. Why keep the fans hopes up that they will play when he knows they wont? He says all the time that us and the players are the most important thing to this club.

If you remember when Hoolahan got injured last season, Lambert kept insisting he was ''in contention'' for the next game from around 8-9 games to go, yet he didn''t re-appear until the final match.

If Lambert came out and said both would miss the rest of the season, the morale of fans would take a battering, and other teams would take heart from it. Best to keep everything quiet really.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]I think they will both be on the bench for Forest, and both play against the Binners. I just think if they were both out for the season, PL would come out and say. Why keep the fans hopes up that they will play when he knows they wont? He says all the time that us and the players are the most important thing to this club.
[/quote]

If he comes out and says that both are out for the season is will give all other teams at the top a psychological boost as well as making all our future opponents tactical planning against us easier, so he''d be pretty stupid to announce it. Keep them guessing and you make their jobs harder. Simples!!! 

I think I''ve told this story once before. Back in 1967 a veteran defenseman for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Bobby Baun had his leg broken in game 6 of the Stanley Cup final. Baun knew this was probably going to be his last opportunity to get a Stanley Cup medal and he came back on the ice in overtime to score the winning goal. I''ll never forget the look of determination on his face. He really was a war horse.

Here''s what I think about Grant Holt. He is also nearer to the end of his career. This may be his last opportunity to say that he captained and led his side to promotion to the Premiership. If Lambert is saying Holt is 50/50 then wild horses won''t stop Holt thinking the odds are even better than that. That''s unless those wild horses are fillies.  [;)]

[quote user="morty"]Good news, considering the possible Vokes recall.

Lets face it, if Holt was going to miss the rest of the season, we''d be screwed.
[/quote]

Correct (sad to say) - exactly what I''ve said in the ''Choices'' thread. 

There''s no point playing Holty unless he''s 100% fit regardless of how much he wants to play and I can''t see him going from 50 to 100% in two days. I''d be very surprised if Hooly plays but reckon Chris Martin will come on as a sub in the second half.

A little bird tells me Holt came through a training game yesterday with no sign of limping.

[quote user="Harry"]A little bird tells me Holt came through a training game yesterday with no sign of limping.[/quote]If this is bullpoop I won''t be happy.

This could even signal the beginning of the end of the great man''s career.Big lad who puts it about for 90 minutes. Once these hamstrings play up at 30 it could be long term.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This could even signal the beginning of the end of the great man''s career.Big lad who puts it about for 90 minutes. Once these hamstrings play up at 30 it could be long term.[/quote]Oh dear!If he has tweaked his hamstring it''s not big deal, if he has properly damaged it he wouldn''t have been able to carry on in any capacity at Watford. On top of that I would say if you have a history of hamstring problems then yes, getting a bit older means you will struggle to overcome them.However that''s not Holt so to sell the doom and gloom is just rediculous.

Just passing on what I''ve been told from a reliable source, not saying he will start tonight just it''s not as bad as some people are saying.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This could even signal the beginning of the end of the great man''s career.Big lad who puts it about for 90 minutes. Once these hamstrings play up at 30 it could be long term.[/quote]

Nothing like looking on the bright side of life !

My male nurse friend at the hospital told me the scans revealed he only had one of his hamstrings left.When that goes he''s in serious trouble.

[quote user="The Butler"]I thought anyone of the Jewish faith had their hamstrings removed at birth, or did I get that wrong[:D][/quote]No.. that''s nipples Butler.  [Y]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]My male nurse friend at the hospital told me the scans revealed he only had one of his hamstrings left.

When that goes he''s in serious trouble.
[/quote]

surely we should set up a DNA database of compatible hamstrings among the supporters ?

Odds on asianbookies last hour droped a little bit for Norwich and begin of the day they drop on Forest normally this mean teamnews is good for Norwich so fingers crossed I think at least one of Hoollahan &Holt must start !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]A little bird tells me Holt came through a training game yesterday with no sign of limping.[/quote]If this is bullpoop I won''t be happy.[/quote]Don''t do bullpoop. [;)]