Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

This weekend's games

Good results in general, though we still need to capitalise on them Monday night for it to play out

Great results for us today! A win on Monday and we''re in the clear in 2nd place.

Hopefully barnsley can do us a favour tomorrow! great results.

the team and should be pretty pumped up for monday now, lets hope they dont get over confident!!

Just goes to show that everyone is slipping up at the moment apart from QPR. Even if we draw or lose to Bristol City, we have to stay with the team. We can do this!

Just couldn''t have gone much better for us today, Swansea slipping up, Leeds only getting a draw, Forest not being able to beat Donny, Burnley losing

3 points on Monday night will put us in 2nd place then its all in our own hands [:)]

Totally agree city angel, results went our way and each week we will have to look at these results, we can be 10 points clear of those in 7th with a win on Monday and quite rightly with that win look at pushing some distance from third place.

We have to need and want this game more than Bristol City, Night games I think are better games. Some of our greatest games have been at night. I for one never believe in the old night games aren''t as loud etc. there is a magic and this game has it.

We can put out a statement of intent and do it on national television. Easter is looking rough with ipswich, swansea and forest, again this question fo who needs it and wants it more will be questioned with play off places and local pride very much at stake.

But I am certainly not taking ristol City for granted, they have a fantastic recent record and will be fully aware that they can halt us getting 2nd spot and continue there impressive form.

We have to want it more than them on Monday, one thing I think Lambert excels in, which very few managers at NCFC coul, is the ability to express this desire within our play. His motivational techniques are second to none. I don''t care how a win comes, but three points on Monday is exactly what we need and desire. A point is good but we need to show this desire because at this stage of the season you need to be showing it. Certainly we want to be in a good position before we play our play-off rivals.

The results over the last few weeks have shown us that there is no obvious outcome to any game. We get held by Doncaster and Preston and it''s a disaster yet other clubs have done exactly the same.

The good thing is that the games are running out for the chasing pack and barring a points deduction I can''t see QPR making it automatically.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

The results over the last few weeks have shown us that there is no obvious outcome to any game. We get held by Doncaster and Preston and it''s a disaster yet other clubs have done exactly the same.

The good thing is that the games are running out for the chasing pack and barring a points deduction I can''t see QPR making it automatically.

[/quote]

Did you mean that QPR will make it automatically? [:)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The Norwich win at Leicester now is now more visibly significant. Imagine if we had lost that game and were now on 60 points with Leicester on 58 points.

[/quote]

Very, very true. And that point at home to Preston doesn''t look so bad all of a sudden - they all count. I know we don''t always win the games we''d want to win (usually against lower placed teams), but all them draws have added up for us. Just hope we can win on Monday now and push on until the end with a run of wins!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]A win on Monday also makes us safe from relegation.[/quote]

That''ll be the first target reached then! Then next one is playoffs I guess, which is slightly more ambitious eh;)