Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

FA charges QPR on seven counts !!!!!!

Ahh got in before me!I just read this on the SportGuardian''s Twitter feed. Ian Prior reckons a ''hefty'' deduction.

Oh wait, now that I have seen what is for, then there is a possibility. But I can''t see it happening, and even if it did, they would successfully appeal, citing the fact that West Ham didn''t have any points deducted for the Tevez/Mascherano saga, which seemed worse than this is.Not that I''m a lawyer.

Swindon were relegated from the Championship(old Second Div) in the 90''s on winning promotion because of irregularities. There are therefore precedents and a points deduction is obviously less severe. Also, Prem teams are handled differently to Champs teams so I can''t see how QPR can use West Ham as an excuse, especially as most people agree that the situation was incorrectly handled.

From the Telegraph[quote]Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers face a possible points deduction after they were charged with a breach of rule banning third-party ownership in relation to Alejandro Faurlin. The Argentine midfielder joined Queens Park Rangers in July 2009 from Institute FC for £3.5 million but it is now alleged that when he did so an un-named third-party retained a stake in his economic rights. The FA on Wednesday charged the club and chairman Gianni Paladini with breaching seven regulations, including providing false information when the player was registered. It is also charged with making payments to an unauthorised agent when Faurlin was signed. If found guilty the club could face a range of penalties from a fine to a points deduction that might place their promotion chase in jeopardy. They are currently seven points clear at the top of the Championship and strong favourites to return to the Premier League. The closest parallel to the case is that of Carlos Tévez who played for West Ham United in breach of the Premier League''s third-party rules. West Ham were eventually punished with a £5m fine rather than a points deduction and Tévez was permitted to continue playing, scoring the goals that kept the club in the league. Sheffield United were the biggest losers from the Tévez case, being relegated under the management of Neil Warnock, who is now in charge at Loftus Road. The FA consider that Faurlin, who is a QPR regular played 31 games and has scored twice this season, has been eligible to play because his registration was lodged with the FA. The club will be charged with concealing the true nature of his contract from the FA when making that registration. The Football League discovered the alleged breach of rules in September last year but as it did not have rules banning third –party ownership at the time he signed the case was passed to the FA. The FA allowed QPR to buy out the third-party rights in October 2010 so that the player could continue to play without breaching any rules. At the time QPR announced he had signed a four-year contract extension but did not mention the change in his contractual arrangements. In a statement the FA said: "The FA has charged Queens Park Rangers FC with seven breaches of FA regulations. ‪"The Club charges relate to the player Alejandro Faurlin and concern the alleged existence of an agreement between the Club and a third party in respect of the player''s economic rights, and the alleged failure by the Club to notify The FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play in England in July 2009. ‪"These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2. "The Club is also charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an Unauthorised Agent in relation to the player''s registration in July 2009. This charge is brought under the Players Agents Regulations, A1. ‪"The Club and Club Official Gianni Paladini are also charged in respect of allegedly false information contained in documents submitted to The FA in relation to the same player signing an extension to his playing contract with the Club in October 2010. These charges are brought under the Players Agents Regulations, C2, and FA Rule E3." [/quote]

This is probably the only way we can knock them off top spot and if it did happen we move into second and the race ofr the title is blown wide open!!!  Lets hope it happens!

It would probably be about 10 points I assume?  That seems to be the normal amount so they would still be in the play offs [:P]

QPR are confident they will be cleared of all charges according to sky sports news. Think it would be a bit unfair on them having a points deduction in all honesty, but Warnock did make a huge thing out of the West Ham situation and tried several different routes to sue

it''s a different situation to West Ham as the rules have since changed because of that saga. It just seems weird no action has been taken for a year and a half.

Still hate West Ham for that, will never forget the way they squirmed out of that one.

Would love to see them go down, will hold them in the same regard as Leeds. But that is another story for another time.

Think a fine is more likely but either way could be a distraction before Saturdays game. The post that they says they are pretty much ''safe from the chasing pack'', I''m not so sure I agree with. I think they will have a few wobbles. If we have three wins on the trot and they get a win and 2 draws, then it will be very close. Alot of twists and turns but this could be a welcomed distraction for the team on top spot.

They''ll just be told they they were acting like a "very naughty boy". Then it''ll be a trifling fine and a slap on the wrists.

A proper punishment would be they get docked all the points they got between the start of the season and 11 October when he was registered legitimately.

This would cost them 16 points and put them level with Reading on 54 points.

The precedent for this is the case of AFC Wimbledon who were originally deducted 18 points. This was later reduced to 3 on appeal due to mitigating circumstances. Those circumstances being the player was signed from Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon didn''t know they had to get international clearance. that''s right to sign a player from Cardiff that play in the English leagues you have to get international clearance.

QPR''s case seems at first glance to be more damning as the FA are going after them for lying as well as the problems with being registered with a third party.

Davo

[quote user="priceyrice"]it''s a different situation to West Ham as the rules have since changed because of that saga. It just seems weird no action has been taken for a year and a half.
[/quote]

And also a fine won''t even bother them, not with the megga rich people they have, A points reduction is the only way to hit them, I hope they get around 20, deducted, look how they hit Luton with a points penalty, I know different charges but if they can hit a small club hard then why not   QPR, and as already mentiond Warnock tried to get the Spammers hit for near enought the same thing.  

The rules about third party ownership of players changed due to West Ham''s "mishap" with Tevez and Mascherano. This will be the first time the new rules have been brokern.Another test on how tough the FA are feeling, but as proven so often they don''t do tough very well.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The rules about third party ownership of players changed due to West Ham''s "mishap" with Tevez and Mascherano. This will be the first time the new rules have been brokern.

Another test on how tough the FA are feeling, but as proven so often they don''t do tough very well.
[/quote]

Apparently West Ham were not deducted points due to the fact that they were under new ownership being used in mitigation. The fine was given by for breaching FA Premier League regulations which could well be different to regulations for the Championship, could it not ?   

" providing false information "

It is that bit that is damning. It amounts to cheating. Fine them if they made a mistake and got it wrong. But if it turns out that it was a deliberate intention to misled then the punishment has to be stronger. It is the same with going into administration. The punishment is harsh as you are deemed to have wilfully caused the bankruptcy.

If it can be shown that QPR knew the true status of the ownership of this players registration but sought to cover it up, then that is deliberate fraud.

The question is just how quick will this case be dealt with.

[quote user="City1st"]

It is that bit that is damning. It amounts to cheating. Fine them if they made a mistake and got it wrong. But if it turns out that it was a deliberate intention to misled then the punishment has to be stronger. It is the same with going into administration. The punishment is harsh as you are deemed to have wilfully caused the bankruptcy.

If it can be shown that QPR knew the true status of the ownership of this players registration but sought to cover it up, then that is deliberate fraud.

[/quote]

I was about to post something along these lines,i feel that if the F.A have anys balls they will hit them with a large fine and a point deduction,but i have a feeling it will be dragged out until the summer and they will get a slap on the wrists and a small fine,could be interesting though!

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

The Swindon case was dealt with in the close-season if my memory serves me correctly. West Ham was dealt with during the season as are most other cases such as going into administration. My guess would be that if the outcome would be a points deduction then it would be done ASAP.

Cant see them deducting points for some reason. Can you imagine what Warnock would be like if they did though after the west ham saga you wonder if you would ever hear the end of it from him

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Cant see them deducting points for some reason. Can you imagine what Warnock would be like if they did though after the west ham saga you wonder if you would ever hear the end of it from him
[/quote]

Indeed. It''d be great wouldn''t it !!

the QPR fans are all shitting themselves on their discussion board with some of them resigned to a points deduction. Seems like they all hate paladini and have been suspicious of him for a while. There was also a link to a thread created at the time Magilton signed they player about how fishy the transfer looked, seemed like money was paid to inter milan who held an agreement to sign the player too well the contract length wasn''t what was reported either. Just seems like they all knew something was up with the transfer before, could be a good sign that they could be in trouble. lets hope from a swift response from the football league and FA

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Cant see them deducting points for some reason. Can you imagine what Warnock would be like if they did though after the west ham saga you wonder if you would ever hear the end of it from him[/quote]

Indeed. It''d be great wouldn''t it !!

[/quote]Couldn''t happen to a "nicer" manager.

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/sdfbhsdf.gif[/IMG]

I would love to see Colin`s face if he QPR are deducted points after the West Ham affair and Sheffield United. Couldn`t happen to a nicer man though could it!