Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

We're signing Sam Vokes

[quote user="City1989"]Unless I''m mistaken Sam Vokes has already played for 2 clubs this season. He made one appearance for Bristol city (vs millwall) and got a bad hamstring injury and then joined sheffield united in feb, So I can''t see this happening[/quote]An excellent point. He cannot play for more than two clubs, can he?

Just checked and he definately played for Bristol city on opening day of season so this is definitely not happening .. Back to square one on any potential signings it is!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]It''s different ruling for loan players, so there''d no issue with Vokes.[/quote]Seems James is right. Nicky Shorey played for three clubs last season. He got away with it because one move, to Forest, was as an "emergency loan" which doesn''t count towards the quota.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]It''s different ruling for loan players, so there''d no issue with Vokes.[/quote]

I thought it didn''t matter on what terms they played for each club but you may be right

[quote user="City1989"]Just checked and he definately played for Bristol city on opening day of season so this is definitely not happening .. Back to square one on any potential signings it is![/quote]It ios only a player can not sign with more than 2 clubs. Loans does not count.There are numerous examples of players going out on loan and playing for numerous clubs in the same season. For example, Exodus Geohaghon has played for 4 clubs this season.[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_Geohaghon[/url]

Yh I see he is right now just remembered the situation with mike grella at Leeds, as he has played for Leeds Carlisle and Swindon. Was judt a thought but Cheers for correcting me

[quote user="alysha"]Excited Canary - I think you are a very good poster on here, but why on twitter are having a go at McNally over this rumour? First of all - its just that, a rumour and secondly just give the guy a break, if we do happen to sign Vokes how about we give him a chance before insulting McNally over the internet[/quote]I''m not having a go at him!I was one of the few sticking up for him the other day when we didn''t get CMS, to which he thanked me!

my god another bloody reapeated thread again well done on not reading other threads

I dont have all day to sit and look through every thread!!! i saw there was no heading for vokes so i wrote about it.

Simples

We''ll get to see him in action at the weekend. Been called up to the Wales squad..

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2011/03/20/2404237/wales-boss-gary-speed-calls-up-sheffield-united-loan-star

There are 2 threads one after another on Vokes about halfway down the main discussion page lol

"I dont have all day to sit and look through every thread"

But you do have time to read the replies your idiot bleat was supposed to produce

[quote user="Ncfc"]Thats the word on twitter , hardly someone who bangs them in is he .[/quote]

Should settle in well with Jackson and Wheekie then.

The only names the local journalists have mentioned recently are CMS and Platt. Vokes and Patterson haven''t been mentioned by anyone at all, apart from on this forum, which is usually full of utter b ollocks anyway.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]He''s going to be here by the end of the week ;)
[/quote]

Just one day to go then for you to be proved right or wrong.

I thought it would be a bit strange him coming here, unless we wanted to sign him in the summer, and Wolves would be willing to sell him, if Sheffield Utd already said they wanted him back, you would have thought unless he hated it, he would have wanted to go back there, and now he''s said as much.

Surprise surprise, I was right.Cheers for all the abuse, was going to post about Pacheco earlier but didn''t want any more abuse. I suppose I won''t bother next time.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Surprise surprise, I was right.Cheers for all the abuse, was going to post about Pacheco earlier but didn''t want any more abuse. I suppose I won''t bother next time.[/quote]Your medal is in the post....... [8-)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]underwhelmed if true.[/quote]Are you ever anything other than underwhelmed?I can''t be arsed to search back through the forum to see what you thought of the signings of Hoolahan, Holt and Martin (R) but I can imagine and I bet I wouldn''t be far wrong.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ricky knight"]underwhelmed if true.[/quote]Are you ever anything other than underwhelmed?I can''t be arsed to search back through the forum to see what you thought of the signings of Hoolahan, Holt and Martin (R) but I can imagine and I bet I wouldn''t be far wrong.

[/quote]None of them wear lycra, so therefore Thicky Knight ain''t interested.......

[quote user="ncfcfan"]He''s going to be here by the end of the week ;)
[/quote]

Well done you, guess there are so many silly rumours nowadays that people just dont know what to believe anymore.