Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

If we were to get a striker in on loan.... who would it be ?

A striker who I think is playing at a level far beneath his ability is Craig Davies at Chesterfield. Could partner Holt or replace him if he is injured. Was at Perugia, or Verona I think and came back to England to play. Has 17 goals this season, maybe we could get him on loan with a payment in advance for his services in the summer.

I would be pleased to see Kevin Phillips come. He is very much a veteran now, and doesn''t play regularly.

He may not be as quick as he was but he knows where to position himswelf and he is still a lethal finisher.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]With the latest Pink Un story of Holt backing Wilbraham to hit the goal trail my money would be on nobody coming in .[/quote]Yeah, that concerned me too. Doubt Lambert would have wanted Holt to say that to the media if we dohave a loan signing in the pipeline. Worrying.

[quote user="Pabs"]A striker who I think is playing at a level far beneath his ability is Craig Davies at Chesterfield. Could partner Holt or replace him if he is injured. Was at Perugia, or Verona I think and came back to England to play. Has 17 goals this season, maybe we could get him on loan with a payment in advance for his services in the summer.[/quote]

Pretty sure he is on a season long contract at chesterfield and is yet to agree a new deal. Could be free in the summer. Think it said on football league show.

i know he has been mentioned before, but as sheff utd are doing so bad how about ched evans, he was brilliant here and i think PL would get the best out of him

[quote user="Salopian"]I would be pleased to see Kevin Phillips come. He is very much a veteran now, and doesn''t play regularly.

He may not be as quick as he was but he knows where to position himswelf and he is still a lethal finisher.[/quote]id take that! even at his ripe old age in the championship he''d still hit double figures.

[quote user="them2"]i know he has been mentioned before, but as sheff utd are doing so bad how about ched evans, he was brilliant here and i think PL would get the best out of him[/quote]You clearly missed comment by Lambert more likely to get Linda Evans!

I think this is actually worth a separate thread, because the harsh reality is it''s very hard to find anyone available in our price bracket who wouldn''t be a gamble.

Clinton Morrison. at Sheff Wed lower league need the money.  Knows where the goal is just till the end of the season maybe

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I think this is actually worth a separate thread, because the harsh reality is it''s very hard to find anyone available in our price bracket who wouldn''t be a gamble. [/quote]

Considering where we are and what''s at stake, if we''re not going to gamble now then we never will.

[quote user="The gut"]I know we can''t recall Cody but could Gillingham loan him back?[/quote]

There''s NO way they''d want to do that!

Whoever suggested Kevin Phillips/Michael Owen - Certainly not impossible and both would be one hell of a coup for us. If either stayed fit (not likely Owen), i''d go as far to say we''d be looking at automatic promotion?.

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="The gut"]I know we can''t recall Cody but could Gillingham loan him back?[/quote]

Whoever suggested Kevin Phillips/Michael Owen - Certainly not impossible and both would be one hell of a coup for us. If either stayed fit (not likely Owen), i''d go as far to say we''d be looking at automatic promotion?.

[/quote]

Are you SURE ?

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Are you SURE ?

[/quote]

Given what a difference he makes to them, i would say YES [;)]. Didn''t realise Owen is out injured again, not surprised though.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Are you SURE ?

[/quote]

Given what a difference he makes to them, i would say YES [;)]. Didn''t realise Owen is out injured again, not surprised though.

[/quote]

Do you really THINK so?

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Are you SURE ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you really THINK so?

[/quote]

Well I almost smasded my car up on the way home last night, Some prat in the back seat said we should get S, Wright-Phillips,  

Whoever it is, cant be any worse than Wilbraham, Sheffield Wednesday are after Benni McCarthy, I know he''s fat, but at least you know he''s done it before.Kevin Phillips every time.