Sign in to follow this  
stopage time winner

Burnley aproach watford for malkay

Once again , it makes no sense -Watford are higher than Burnley in the league and why would Malky leave a club he has pretty much put together for a team lower in the league ?Frankly the only Burnley player i rate is JRod.*sigh* Maybe they are having trouble realising they are no longer a prem team ! Few years in the champ will correct thier aspirations, then they can aim for managers within thier calibre !

That will now unsettle all Watford fans, Malky and the Watford team. Clubs like Burnley should not be alowed to go public untill a bid is accepted. If they have asked permission or even if its declined they should not be allowed to say.

Well when all this was going on with Lambert, someone said that Watford fans were worried that Malky would come to us...so I went on their message board and this was the case and they were also convinced they could lose him to Burnley as they were talking of a takeover at Watford or something and that Malky is not favoured and that he want to jump before being pushed?

Well Malky is very possibly the #1 replacement for Lambert when / if he does leave.So maybe he wont want to go to Burnley as he is holding out for the Norwich job ? That said a cardinal rule of careers is not to wait or expect a job to come up where you want it.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well Malky is very possibly the #1 replacement for Lambert when / if he does leave.So maybe he wont want to go to Burnley as he is holding out for the Norwich job ? That said a cardinal rule of careers is not to wait or expect a job to come up where you want it.[/quote]I dont think he will our next manager, he''s an ex player who started off his managerial carrer well, but under Mcnally we will look for the best possible manager out there when we eventually do lose Lambert, not just an ex player. Im sure Malky would apply for the job, but he def aint no sure run in for the job.

It''s interesting looking at their website, the Chairman of Burnley has come out to justify their public actions of last week and reassure fans. They have really made a rod for their own back. This has backfired bigtime and they look like amateurs (IMO).Any manager that goes their now not only knows that they are not first choice, but also knows that everyone else knows! Not the best way start a new job me thinks!I hope Malky Mackay stays at Watford for a while longer rather than making the mistake that Brendan Rodgers did!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well Malky is very possibly the #1 replacement for Lambert when / if he does leave.So maybe he wont want to go to Burnley as he is holding out for the Norwich job ? That said a cardinal rule of careers is not to wait or expect a job to come up where you want it.[/quote]I dont think he will our next manager, he''s an ex player who started off his managerial carrer well, but under Mcnally we will look for the best possible manager out there when we eventually do lose Lambert, not just an ex player. Im sure Malky would apply for the job, but he def aint no sure run in for the job.[/quote]true enough !

Listening to an interview with Malky here http://www.fromtherookeryend.com/ (two parts at 11 & 36 minutes) I don''t think he''s going anywhere. Sounds like he has a load of unfinished business at Watford.

I hope he tells them that Norwich are the only club he would go to apart from a Prem side. He has a great chance of getting the job here at the end of the season IMO.

When are Burnley going to realise that they are not a big club and no manager is going to leave for them who is at a better club!?!?

Cant understand Burnley.

Nothing against them, but why would any aspiring championship manager want to go there?

They may have parachute money, but when they were in the prem they spent very little, so that is unlikely to change.

Clarets mad is still saying that Lambert was interested and changed his mind.

I dont believe that for a moment, and agree with MCnally that they have been unprofessional and still are with their approach for MM.

Some Cov fan said on 606 that they want to speak to Boothroyd too probably just a rumour. They are asking to speak to these managers Lambert, Mackay etc as if they are a big club. I mean we done it with Lambert when we was in the same league as Colchester, Adkins went to Southampton even when Scunny were in a higher division and Grayson done it when he left championship Blackpool for League 1 Leeds. All left for bigger clubs. So why do Burnley all of a sudden think they are a big club. They should be looking at people like Howe at Bournemouth or Scott at Brentford.

Apparently if Watford refuse them permission to speak to Malky they are going to ask Spurs for permission to talk to Harry Redknapp.

[quote user="pete"]Grayson might go, Warnock I don''t think so.  Keep looking[/quote]

Grayson is a huge Leeds fan and I''m sure he wouldn''t go to Burnley and Warnock won''t go either in my opinion. I''m sure he said that QPR would be his last job.

Not sure about any others that may be on their list of six whoever they are.

I think Burnley may well struggle to prize a current championship manager from their club. Maybe they should have had a proper replacement line up before Laws was sacked.

Like people have said, I dont know where Burnley have got the illusion that they are a) a big club b) a manager at a bigger championship team would want to go there ?They need to be looking at managers of smaller teams not equal and bigger !