Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

TIERNEY SIGNING CONFIRMED!!

[quote user="sleaford canary"]its a bit underwhelming really but worse than that is the fact that hes been disrespectful about the club before[/quote]

Arr! the old "thinking players are like fans" mistake. He said THAT back then to be a hero at Colwho...he''d have changed his tune the moment his agent (the one with the calculator) told him what his signing on fee is. I''ll wait for the "I cant wait to play against the scum" line around April.

Signing Wes for another 3 years was "going for it" enough for me...the rest is a bonus.

Have faith in our current squad chaps.

In Lambert we trust (again)... I know I do.

This just came back to me, that a few weeks ago someone said on here that Lambert and Steven Smith had a falling out, probably a load of non-sense, but if it was true, the Tierney signing would make more sense instead of having three left backs two of which were bought this season

From a ColU fan

'''' He was great last season, not gonna lie, he was always going to make the step up. Been very much off the boil this season but we knew all along Lambert was going to come knocking for him, and that was more than likely distracting him.

He''ll do well at the next level up, if he can dislodge your current left-back''''

Tierney is another player I just didn''t notice when we played Colchester at home. Mind you, like a lot of others, I was a bit dumb-struck that day - I was hardly in the mood for admiring any of the opposition players on an individual basis!

It was the same with David Fox - all I knew about him before we signed him was he''d struck the 4th goal in that 1-7 game and looked pretty handy. If Tierney turns out to be as competent as Fox, then surely all will be well with this appointment?

From another ColU fan

"In Tierney''s case I feel he''s overrated and many fans are blinded by his fist pumping and passion. Don''t get me wrong I like him but he''s overrated "

Have to agree with Canarygirl totally, as Adam is picking up too many knocks now (he is getting on a bit now lol) and Lapps is a make shift replacement (great effort and attitude though).

I feel when we have Dury we are a better unit defensively and we need to concentrate more on keeping the clean sheets as we have goals in us at the other end. So anyone who can come in and fill that gap totally is a good addition.

I am sure we need someone else up front as my only blur on PL''s transfer raids has been the striking department. With Oli, Simeon and Mcnamee not always delivering when asked to step up to the plate, I feel we need some more thought given to this department. I also feel sorry for Oli as he has had such a steep rise in his career he needs time to develop. Simeon and Mcnamee, well I feel this is more about the players attitude than anything else.Wilbrahams is a utility player as we are sometimes too light up front if Holt is out so no problems from that front.

I would like to see someone brought in to put more pressure on Chris Martin because at the moment he doesn''t seem too interested.

Keep up the good work PL and team. ;)

I would like to see someone brought in to put more pressure on Chris Martin because at the moment he doesn''t seem too interested.

Jesus some people!!!

We are third in the league, im pretty sure he is interested, He will be right up for the game Saturday, fancy him to bang in the winner to

Hmmm. I could be wrong but was Lamberts statement about getting three players in not post the announcement of Barnett signing?

Or have I missed an article where he said he was one of the three.

I say that because the way he was talking does not suggest Barnett. And that at the time he said the three players thing, even if it was before Barnett staying it must have been almost wrapped up.

City til I die...the very fact he was dropped from the team for such a time by PL suggests a little bit does it not...and we get nothing for being 3rd in January.

Suggest you look at his goal tally too..lol

We both want promotion but we can''t rely on Holty to pull us into the promotion places!!

Fair Point, but bringing in another striker will only dent Martins and Jacksons confidence even more. If Martin is of form than surely Jacko needs the game time.

Willbrahimavic will net a couple just needs time to adjust to the pace of the Championship.

Not questioned any of Lambert''s signings, I am one for showing more faith in Jackson/ Johnson etc. And think the signing from lower leagues is a good thing. A couple named Jackson and Johnson, two young players who have not had too many chances, especially Oli Johnson who hasn''t put a foot wrong for Norwich City.

BUT I can get away from the fact that Marc Tierney said that, just because he said it to "be a hero at Col U", I am not really bothered why he said it, he said it. Why don''t we bring Fabian Wilnis out of retirement for cover at right back.

Not liking this transfer can''t help but think Lambert was feeling guilty and thought he would help his old team on the money side. Hate to say it, but can''t see much logic on signing someone in one of our strongest positions when we have a limited budget.

I know I am getting some disagreements, so bring them on!! : )

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Not questioned any of Lambert''s signings, I am one for showing more faith in Jackson/ Johnson etc. And think the signing from lower leagues is a good thing. A couple named Jackson and Johnson, two young players who have not had too many chances, especially Oli Johnson who hasn''t put a foot wrong for Norwich City. BUT I can get away from the fact that Marc Tierney said that, just because he said it to "be a hero at Col U", I am not really bothered why he said it, he said it. Why don''t we bring Fabian Wilnis out of retirement for cover at right back. Not liking this transfer can''t help but think Lambert was feeling guilty and thought he would help his old team on the money side. Hate to say it, but can''t see much logic on signing someone in one of our strongest positions when we have a limited budget. I know I am getting some disagreements, so bring them on!! : )[/quote]

agree

City til I die...yeh I also agree with you too as its a fine line between replacing someone and building them up and their confidence.

Both of us see 90 minutes of the game, but its what PL and his team see during the week as to who gets in the team.

I agree about Willbrahimavic will get us a few and he just needs a bit of time.

As they say there are many ways to skin a rabbitt and we both want the same thing at the end of the day too.

Good chatting to you my friend ;)

"but can''t see much logic on signing someone in one of our strongest positions when we have a limited budget"

Strength, as in an injured Smith, an injury prone Drury and cover from a left midfielder - also I think you''ll find that every club has a limited budget

Hate to say it, but can''t see much logic on signing someone in one of our strongest positions when we have a limited budget

Maybe Drury has a niggling injury that may has to have him rested from time to time.

Maybe Smith has a longer time on the sides than expected.

Maybe lambert see''s something in him that we cant, i.e cover at left mid as well??

I really dont fancy lapps being the only left back at the club if there both crocked.

"Every club has a limited budget"

Not much of an argument to be honest, everyone knows what I mean apart from you.

We have three players who can play in that position comfortably.

Right back we have one player.

I rest my case, an injured Smith, Drury may have to rest from time to time, and with Lappin who can play there. I disagree with Lappin, I think he looks comfortable there.

I''m quite pleased about this signing because I think Tierney is a good player but also, from what I''ve seen so far, I don''t think Steven Smith is going to be up to what we need.

My guess would be that now Lambert has had a better look at him he''s decided he needs someone else.

[quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.
[/quote]

Jeez![:S]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]Now back on , very stragne ?[/quote]

Hardly strange given the usual standard of Archant''s internet offerings.