Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Ruddy

I thought I would give him a mention as he came in for a lot of stick earlier in the season (including from myself) and I think for the last few months he has been superb.

He seems to have so much more confidnce in himself and the defence now seem to have confidence in him too, his catching of crosses have become superb and as a shot stopper you can''t deny he is quality.  He made a fantastic save today when Chopra (I think it was him) was one on one in the second half and Ruddy came out like a flash and smothered the ball at Chopra''s feet and if Chopra had gone on to score it would have been curtains for us.

Hope he keeps it up because he is going to be crucial in the run in for promotion.

Agreed.He had a great game today[Y] It wasn''t that long ago that you would cringe when someone took a shot at him.Well done Ruddy,keep it up.

I always defended him and was worried that the constant unfair criticism would ruin his confidence. It''s nice to see that he''s won many of the doubters over. 

I completely agree. I think credit should go to the back 4 for helping him along though. They''ve been pretty solid and in a majority of matches have left Ruddy with little to do. He''s gotten so much more confident since the back 4 improved.

His shot stopping is really impressive, and his kicking is getting better; despite some awful backpasses.

The quality I lke about Ruddy isn''t even his goalkeeping ability! Despite the stick we all gave him in the beginning, he seems to love it here. Look at him when we score, he goes mental!

Credit where credit is due - he has been immense since November and saved us points in the same way we could rely on Forster to last season.

Dependant on how the season pans out from now, we could have a late runner for POTS.

I think the lack of threads on Ruddy and the lack of comments shows hes doing a solid job.  Hes still progressing, but hes improved lots since thosed early season howlers.  My confidence in him is growing, but going into the games, i always feel we''ll concede.  It may not be his fault, but hes part of a unit that needs to be settled and then i''ll have more confidence.  Hes getting there, i thinks thats what i''m trying to say...

I''ve taken stick at work for backing Ruddy, so I am glad that his performances are impressing more and more people now. His confidence is there for all to be seen, which is great for the players and the fans alike.

At the beginning of the season I was one of his biggest detractors, albeit quietly not normally one to moan in public and all that.

But today I have to admit I think there is something there I failed to appreciate in the early days.

The thing that impressed me most today was the way he would throw the ball to players at close quarter and let them play football.

A chap behind me (block E / LB) was constantly bemoaning the lack of hoof ball; he was saying just kick it down the other end. Total dick.

Lets encourage short passing and on the ground football, banish the hoof ball with the resulting nod anywhere head tennis.

[quote user="cantthinkofagoodname"]Lets encourage short passing and on the ground football, banish the hoof ball with the resulting nod anywhere head tennis.[/quote]And stop doing it with our kick offs too!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]He`s doing well, improving all the time.[/quote]

And he can only get better, he has to be in contention for player of the season