Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Well done to all that cheered Swanseas 3 goals!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry, didn''t realize your God[/quote]Glad you finally twigged mate :)[/quote]Will be no more confusions in the future then [:P]

I personally was hoping for a draw, for two reasons. Swansea would have been within touching distance and Keano would be more likely to stay in charge and keep them looking like absolute crap.

I don''t give a damn who are playing the scum I want them to win. I was once asked if given the choice between City qualifying for Europe or the scum being relegated what I would choose. "Bye, bye binners" was my response. Parochial perhaps but seeing the scum suffer is a pleasure.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Were are now 3 points behind them rather than level with them!

Jesus I cant see the sense, Would you rather Ipswich lost or Norwich won?

As much as I love to see them beat, I dont when it could have and adverse effect on us.

Lets hope your cheap little cheer doesnt cost us come May!

[/quote]

tw@......   theres plenty of time to catch Swansea up, were not even half way through the season, in the meantime 5 successive defeats could have irreperable damage on the blue scum. I will never apologise for cheering an Ipswich defeat.....not to you or anybody.

... I must confess, my support for Norwich is entirely born out of spite for Ipswich. Seeing as we''re distinguishing between ''true'' fans that only cheer for Norwich success and the ''false'' fans that dare also cheer for Ipswich failure, i, as the many other thousands of Norwich fans that do much the same, fall into the latter category.You have me, and, if the reports on rivalry i believe to have been conducted in 2006 are to be trusted, 99.9% of the Norwich fanbase, sussed. The outright facts of the matter are that we care not a jot for this club and it''s success, reflected quite obviously by the ''lack of'' fans that turn out for the club itself on a weekly basis, the ''lack of'' communities globally grouped in the name of the club itself, the ''lack of'' thousands and millions of pounds willingly directed to the club by it''s fans through mediums like ticketing and merchandise as well as investment, the ''lack of'' fans that dedicate their hours of the day to following the progress of Norwich, awaiting it with eager anticipation, spending further hours merely discussing of them on here, with the family, in the pub, such is the ''lack of'' overwhelming interest focused on them... etc.Or you could stop being so antagonistic, stop being so unnecessarily black and white about the matter, be sensible, grow up, and remove the ''lack of'' part from every segment it appears in that previous paragraph and garner some perspective that some of you seem to be in desperate need of.To put into words how mind bogglingly banal, tedious, and meaningless the debate prompted in this thread is, simply cannot be done justice by what the English language could possibly allow me to expound.

[quote user="John"]... I must confess, my support for Norwich is entirely born out of spite for Ipswich. Seeing as we''re distinguishing between ''true'' fans that only cheer for Norwich success and the ''false'' fans that dare also cheer for Ipswich failure, i, as the many other thousands of Norwich fans that do much the same, fall into the latter category.You have me, and, if the reports on rivalry i believe to have been conducted in 2006 are to be trusted, 99.9% of the Norwich fanbase, sussed. The outright facts of the matter are that we care not a jot for this club and it''s success, reflected quite obviously by the ''lack of'' fans that turn out for the club itself on a weekly basis, the ''lack of'' communities globally grouped in the name of the club itself, the ''lack of'' thousands and millions of pounds willingly directed to the club by it''s fans through mediums like ticketing and merchandise as well as investment, the ''lack of'' fans that dedicate their hours of the day to following the progress of Norwich, awaiting it with eager anticipation, spending further hours merely discussing of them on here, with the family, in the pub, such is the ''lack of'' overwhelming interest focused on them... etc.Or you could stop being so antagonistic, stop being so unnecessarily black and white about the matter, be sensible, grow up, and remove the ''lack of'' part from every segment it appears in that previous paragraph and garner some perspective that some of you seem to be in desperate need of.To put into words how mind bogglingly banal, tedious, and meaningless the debate prompted in this thread is, simply cannot be done justice by what the English language could possibly allow me to expound.[/quote]In sum, i met much of what i read from the OP and his misguided followers in this discussion focused on rooting out fans that dare to pleasure from a rivals suffering, with a big ''YAAAAAWWWWWWNNNN''.Humans have relished such occasions well before the arrival of football, and such is the happiness derived from a close enemies failure, will in all probability go on to outlive the game itself. There is nothing to be cynical about, unless you happen to have a gripe with what is human nature.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes, that post wasn''t their when i started typing......Did you say your a teacher? I really feel sorry for your students...[/quote]You must type with one finger then because I added it within about 30 seconds of hitting send.My students are doing just fine, I feel more sorry for your gene pool ![/quote]Look at the times, all three posts where within 3 minutes of each other, i can type just fine....You feel sorry for my gene pool? WTF do you know about me? My comment was based on your obsession with Ipswich, despite the fact you support Norwich, (I don''t want Ipswich to win, but i certainly don''t celebrate and have a big party because they lost....), and the fact you don''t seem to be able to accept any other persons opinion. Just because someone doesn''t agree with you, doesn''t make them a banker....[/quote]You really are a Grade A tit sometimes GP.Why on earth are people complaining about Norwich fans celebrating goals against Ipswich? Whether we celebrate or not, the goals were going to happen. Seriously.And GP, an ''obsession with Ipswich''? Do you mean, enjoying seeing our rivals lose? That''s not obsession, that''s football. Then again your tea-flask and blanket in the Jarrold probably says all we need to know...

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I personally was hoping for a draw, for two reasons. Swansea would have been within touching distance and Keano would be more likely to stay in charge and keep them looking like absolute crap.[/quote]Royston will stay in charge until after the Arsenal semi final.. its that cup run which is keeping him in a job! by then it will be too late. oh how i will laugh!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

As much as I love to see them beat, I dont when it could have and adverse effect on us.

[/quote]Yeah, because if nobody had cheered then Swansea wouldn''t have scored.....Oh, hang on a minute, you''re talking nonsense.I''d rather Norwich won, and they did, and I''d rather Ipswich lost, and they did.  And if Swansea are good enough to genuinely be second in the league, then we''re good enough to win it.

[quote user="John"]... I must confess, my support for Norwich is entirely born out of spite for Ipswich. Seeing as we''re distinguishing between ''true'' fans that only cheer for Norwich success and the ''false'' fans that dare also cheer for Ipswich failure, i, as the many other thousands of Norwich fans that do much the same, fall into the latter category.You have me, and, if the reports on rivalry i believe to have been conducted in 2006 are to be trusted, 99.9% of the Norwich fanbase, sussed. The outright facts of the matter are that we care not a jot for this club and it''s success, reflected quite obviously by the ''lack of'' fans that turn out for the club itself on a weekly basis, the ''lack of'' communities globally grouped in the name of the club itself, the ''lack of'' thousands and millions of pounds willingly directed to the club by it''s fans through mediums like ticketing and merchandise as well as investment, the ''lack of'' fans that dedicate their hours of the day to following the progress of Norwich, awaiting it with eager anticipation, spending further hours merely discussing of them on here, with the family, in the pub, such is the ''lack of'' overwhelming interest focused on them... etc.Or you could stop being so antagonistic, stop being so unnecessarily black and white about the matter, be sensible, grow up, and remove the ''lack of'' part from every segment it appears in that previous paragraph and garner some perspective that some of you seem to be in desperate need of.To put into words how mind bogglingly banal, tedious, and meaningless the debate prompted in this thread is, simply cannot be done justice by what the English language could possibly allow me to expound.[/quote]I think we have to accept that some fans need to feel like "better fans" than others, and on that basis threads like this will never die.Basically, football message boards are nothing more than "a reminder of our hard-wired one‑upmanship and infinite capacity to find ways to divide ourselves"as someone said about something else.

What is the OP on

Great atmosphere at pride park before the game, cheering when Swansea scored and then a great game afterwards. It was great saturday afternoon and then some tw@t comes along to try and spoil it

[quote user="city4eva"]

What is the OP on

Great atmosphere at pride park before the game, cheering when Swansea scored and then a great game afterwards. It was great saturday afternoon and then some tw@t comes along to try and spoil it

[/quote]

My thoughts entirely [:)]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

what a geek

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I personally was hoping for a draw, for two reasons. Swansea would have been within touching distance and Keano would be more likely to stay in charge and keep them looking like absolute crap.[/quote]

TBH I never cheered Swansea, I was to busy Peeeeeing myself laughing and watching Keano''''s hole getting bigger

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes, that post wasn''t their when i started typing......Did you say your a teacher? I really feel sorry for your students...[/quote]You must type with one finger then because I added it within about 30 seconds of hitting send.My students are doing just fine, I feel more sorry for your gene pool ![/quote]Look at the times, all three posts where within 3 minutes of each other, i can type just fine....You feel sorry for my gene pool? WTF do you know about me? My comment was based on your obsession with Ipswich, despite the fact you support Norwich, (I don''t want Ipswich to win, but i certainly don''t celebrate and have a big party because they lost....), and the fact you don''t seem to be able to accept any other persons opinion. Just because someone doesn''t agree with you, doesn''t make them a banker....[/quote]You really are a Grade A tit sometimes GP.Why on earth are people complaining about Norwich fans celebrating goals against Ipswich? Whether we celebrate or not, the goals were going to happen. Seriously.And GP, an ''obsession with Ipswich''? Do you mean, enjoying seeing our rivals lose? That''s not obsession, that''s football. Then again your tea-flask and blanket in the Jarrold probably says all we need to know...

[/quote]So, if i don''t care about Ipswich''s results, I''m not a proper fan or something? I DON''T CARE WHAT IPSWICH DO, why can''t people accept that some people really don''t care? Its fine for all you to celebrate if you want, but i don''t find that enjoyable, so why should I?And i don''t even own a flask, let alone take one to a football game....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes, that post wasn''t their when i started typing......Did you say your a teacher? I really feel sorry for your students...[/quote]You must type with one finger then because I added it within about 30 seconds of hitting send.My students are doing just fine, I feel more sorry for your gene pool ![/quote]Look at the times, all three posts where within 3 minutes of each other, i can type just fine....You feel sorry for my gene pool? WTF do you know about me? My comment was based on your obsession with Ipswich, despite the fact you support Norwich, (I don''t want Ipswich to win, but i certainly don''t celebrate and have a big party because they lost....), and the fact you don''t seem to be able to accept any other persons opinion. Just because someone doesn''t agree with you, doesn''t make them a banker....[/quote]You really are a Grade A tit sometimes GP.Why on earth are people complaining about Norwich fans celebrating goals against Ipswich? Whether we celebrate or not, the goals were going to happen. Seriously.And GP, an ''obsession with Ipswich''? Do you mean, enjoying seeing our rivals lose? That''s not obsession, that''s football. Then again your tea-flask and blanket in the Jarrold probably says all we need to know...

[/quote]So, if i don''t care about Ipswich''s results, I''m not a proper fan or something? I DON''T CARE WHAT IPSWICH DO, why can''t people accept that some people really don''t care? Its fine for all you to celebrate if you want, but i don''t find that enjoyable, so why should I?And i don''t even own a flask, let alone take one to a football game....[/quote]Well i guess it does still make you a fan, perhaps a more toy-story-plastic-like one though.I find it strange how a Norwich supporter can''t enjoy their main, local rivals losing a match to be honest, but then again thank god you''re in a massive minority or football would be increasingly more boring.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes, that post wasn''t their when i started typing......Did you say your a teacher? I really feel sorry for your students...[/quote]You must type with one finger then because I added it within about 30 seconds of hitting send.My students are doing just fine, I feel more sorry for your gene pool ![/quote]Look at the times, all three posts where within 3 minutes of each other, i can type just fine....You feel sorry for my gene pool? WTF do you know about me? My comment was based on your obsession with Ipswich, despite the fact you support Norwich, (I don''t want Ipswich to win, but i certainly don''t celebrate and have a big party because they lost....), and the fact you don''t seem to be able to accept any other persons opinion. Just because someone doesn''t agree with you, doesn''t make them a banker....[/quote]You really are a Grade A tit sometimes GP.Why on earth are people complaining about Norwich fans celebrating goals against Ipswich? Whether we celebrate or not, the goals were going to happen. Seriously.And GP, an ''obsession with Ipswich''? Do you mean, enjoying seeing our rivals lose? That''s not obsession, that''s football. Then again your tea-flask and blanket in the Jarrold probably says all we need to know...

[/quote]So, if i don''t care about Ipswich''s results, I''m not a proper fan or something? I DON''T CARE WHAT IPSWICH DO, why can''t people accept that some people really don''t care? Its fine for all you to celebrate if you want, but i don''t find that enjoyable, so why should I?And i don''t even own a flask, let alone take one to a football game....[/quote]Well i guess it does still make you a fan, perhaps a more toy-story-plastic-like one though.I find it strange how a Norwich supporter can''t enjoy their main, local rivals losing a match to be honest, but then again thank god you''re in a massive minority or football would be increasingly more boring.[/quote]Their not really local....How many other local rivals are in different counties, 99% are in same city.....Well i find it quite strange, how some people seem to get more enjoyment out of Ipswich losing than Norwich winning (and some people seem to). We have had multiple Ipswich threads on here the last couple of days, people either going on Ipswich forums, or suggesting it, why? In the build up to the game, and for a few days after yeah, I''m all for it, but the rest of the time, whats the point?(and like i said, i don''t want them to win, i just don''t take much notice of them at all...)

Oh dear GP, if you going to start picking at such trivial means as ''local'' then it''s about time you gave up chap.Show me evidence of people saying they prefer Ipswich losing to Norwich winning (there may well be one or two odd people, but going by your terms of ''people'' and ''some'' i expect there''s more) and perhaps i''ll take you a little seriously.I think there''s about 3 active Ipswich threads, maybe less. Compare that to the amount of Norwich one''s and i pretty much rest my case.Now, if you don''t have a tea flask but you have a blanket i think i know what Santa''s bringing you!

Fine, I''ll give up my 12 years of supporting Norwich just because i don''t celebrate Ipswich losing FFS..Look at some of the posters reactions on here, its quite obvious how much some people love taking the piss out of another football club, sorry i''m not that kind of person, i know you prefer picking wholes in fellow Norwich supporters...3 Ipswich threads? Well maybe active now, but on the first page their is 5/6 Ipswich threads with no/little relation to Norwich, and another 2/3 relating to last weeks games...And I DO NOT sit in the Jarrold with a tea flask or blanket I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE like that for a few years, and that was only a couple of 90 year olds, get your facts right, and focus on supporting Norwich yourself rather taking the piss out of other Norwich fans, just because they don''t all jump up and down singing all game, people can watch Football however they like...

Come on GP, let''s not be all snappy.I do love picking ''wholes in norwich fans''. Only one''s that say stupid things mind.Of course most supporters of Norwich like taking the piss out of Ipswich doing poorly, thats not the same as, and i quote ''most people prefer seeing ipswich lose than norwich win'' on another thread.Unless you noticed, we''ve been behind Ipswich for a while now, heck we were a league below last season.And yes, people can support football HOWEVER THEY LIKE. Which is hypocritical because you''re the one who''s been complaining about people enjoying seeing Ipswich lose.

I haven''t really been complaining, I''ve said you can enjoy it if you want, but i don''t and i think its a bit silly (mainly the going on their forums and taking this piss, if one of their fans does that on here, they only get abuse, and probably banned....)

I''m getting quite fed up with you tbh, nearly every time i say something that isn''t the majority opinion your nearly always there to have ago at me....If i said, we should be supporting Ipswich, or i wanted Swansea to win yesterday (which i didn''t say, i only want teams i like (other than Norwich) like Barca, Almiera, Spurs etc to win, and just look at results/watch highlights of other teams without really being too bothered whether or not they win...) then you can have a go at me, because that would be stupid....But just because i don''t ''enjoy'' Ipswich losing a game, i personally doesn''t think deserves any kind of insult...You can question my view, but you started your first reply with an insult....

Oh dear...This is a forum, i''ve been insulted many a time. If you''re getting ''quite fed up'' there''s no pressure on you to reply..Unfortunately the internet means that frustration is vented in text. So when i see something which i regard as rather stupid, i react. It''s up to you how far that discussion goes, because if you don''t reply, i have nothing to reply to!

See, why did you need to say Oh dear?Were all Norwich fans aren''t we? Yet this forum is full of arguments and insults, i have never had a discussion with a Norwich fan (or any other team''s fans that i can remember) in real life that is as full silly arguments and insults....It should be quite simple, for example:Someone says Ruddy is not very goodSomeone else says well he is quite good, young, learning etc....First person then comes back with a responseThere is no need for insults or arguments, or little comments like ''Oh dear'' at the start of your posts, of course that isn''t insulting, or upsetting, but its quite annoying...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When has anyone suggested Ipswich where good?[/quote]]Give it a rest GP, your just arguing for arguements sake now, my last post was just a diplomatic " we all sing for the yellow and green so can we stop the duchebaggery now plz" :)