Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Atmosphere, Language etc N&P LOWER.

i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I think for some people the c word is the worst example of swearing, I personally don''t like to hear it under any circumstances but have to accept I will sometimes hear it at a match. Mrs Martina however, will ask people not to use it if it is used by someone next to her, you have been warned !.......[/quote]IMO the females usage or tolerance of the ''C'' word seperates the truly emancipated woman from the woman who just believes she''s emancipated.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.[/quote]

What the hell has it got to do with Delia?

You don''t see many football club owners pissed as a parrot on the pitch at half time!

[/quote]Indeed..... but if you or I had done it I suspect a life time ban might have ensued.....Smith has clearly fostered a squeaky clean ''family'' atmosphere in the ground and before long a bit of swearing will be a rejection from the ground offence.

[quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]

Oh don''t get me started on those ''fans'' that demand substitutions straight after a cock-up or even misplaced pass. That and people who moan when goalkeepers don''t hoof the ball up pitch straight from a corner. Anyone heard of possession retention and the like?!

Right in my opinion, football is a passionate game and a lot of chants involve swear words, so as long as it isn''t constant I see nothing wrong with it. If it''s in the family area, I understand the problem, but I have been asked to refrain from swearing in the Barclay. Well having kids in an vocal area of the ground is a stupid idea. I of course told him where to go, the Aviva Community Stand...

As for the ''c'' word, literally it isn''t offensive to one group of people, it isn''t racist or anything and if taken literally I don''t see a problem with it. It is a passionate word and can be used if necessary. I see no problem with it, people should stop being such prudes, they don''t have to use offensive language, but in the Barclay/ Snake Pit what do you really expect?

Swearing doesn''t bother me in the slightest and as others have already pointed out the argument about protecting children from such language doesn''t really add up as they''ll probably hear much worse in the playground.What I find slightly more concerning is the overly aggressive nature of some of the fans who don''t seem to understand what being passionate really means. I frequently hear the argument that "football is a passionate game" on here to excuse almost any action but I just don''t recognise some of these actions as those of a passionate supporter. Surely if you''re passionate about your team then you want to do everything you can to lift them? Yet you frequently see these fans spending large proportions of the game staring out the opposition fans, rather than watching and encouraging their own team, before leaving ten minutes before half time time to get a couple of extra pints in. Remember when we praised a couple of cocks for running on the pitch against Colchester last year because they were "passionate"? Is that really what passion is all about?I do sometimes wonder whether some of these fans are overcompensating with all of this ''passion'' as they don''t really understand football [:^)]

As I have no wish to mind my Ps and Qs at a football match, I never sit/stand anywhere in the ground other than the lower Barclay these days - preferably D or E blocks. The rest of the ground - apart from The Snakepit - has all the atmosphere of a grave yard for most of the time, and if you swear there''s bound to be somebody who takes offence. So, Barclay for me, so that I can let off steam and really enjoy the match!

"Who''s the w***** in the black?", "You can stick that f****** flag stick up your a***!", "You might as well f*** off " etc are all frequently "sung" by the "boys" without anybody taking offence.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.

The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.
[/quote]

You don''t see many football club owners pissed as a parrot on the pitch at half time!

[/quote]

Indeed..... but if you or I had done it I suspect a life time ban might have ensued.....

Smith has clearly fostered a squeaky clean ''family'' atmosphere in the ground and before long a bit of swearing will be a rejection from the ground offence.
[/quote]

Squeaky clean but with copious amounts of wine thrown in ! All o.k. as long as not consumed in sight of the pitch !

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.

The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.
[/quote]

Well of course I was very much against swearing too. It''s not nice for guests of the club to sit in the Directors Box having to listen to such language. I found it embarrassing to hear chants of "f**k off Chase" and "where''s the money gone you fat b*astard".

I got around it by importing a massive sound system in order to drown out the bad language. Conversely Delia seems quite at home around it. Happily clapping along to the chants without swearing herself.

Nobody, nobody had more ambition for Norwich City Football Club than me but I''m far from a luvvie and most certainly spent more time and money discouraging distasteful chanting than the current regime.

For the modern day woman the most offensive ''C'' words are Cook and Clean.......... and any hope of a decent ''F'' is totally out of the question......

[quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]Football fans should be passionate and be able to express their opinions whatever they are ( as long as not racist etc) without idiots like you going on about it. Swearing is always tricky with kids around and I try hard to keep it down when near one. I particularly liked the bit about "did not shut up all game", great well if you want silence then suggest instead you go to library. Maybe you would like to tell the crowd when to chant when to be quiet, the arrogance beggars belief. Fans have different views get used to it or you can choose not to be there! I expect he paid as much as you to be there and maybe he was annoyed by the way you sat there taking more notice of him rather than the game, hard to believe with  4-3 scorelinePersonally I get fed up with Norwich fans who sit there all match and never get involved in the game if we all behaved like that where would the atmosphere be, and crowds would go down. But that is up to them and I would never dream of telling them to get shouting etc.And as for the "yokel" tag, I suspect a large number of our fans come from the farming/rural community, good on em and long may this County have "bors" with character the backbone of support for City over many years

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.[/quote](Y) Spot onIf you don''t like swearing, loud shouting/singing and opinionated people then I would suggest that football is not the game for you.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.

[/quote]

(Y) Spot on

If you don''t like swearing, loud shouting/singing and opinionated people then I would suggest that football is not the game for you.
[/quote]

Thank you and goodbye!

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]Football fans should be passionate and be able to express their opinions whatever they are ( as long as not racist etc) without idiots like you going on about it. Swearing is always tricky with kids around and I try hard to keep it down when near one. I particularly liked the bit about "did not shut up all game", great well if you want silence then suggest instead you go to library. Maybe you would like to tell the crowd when to chant when to be quiet, the arrogance beggars belief. Fans have different views get used to it or you can choose not to be there! I expect he paid as much as you to be there and maybe he was annoyed by the way you sat there taking more notice of him rather than the game, hard to believe with  4-3 scorelinePersonally I get fed up with Norwich fans who sit there all match and never get involved in the game if we all behaved like that where would the atmosphere be, and crowds would go down. But that is up to them and I would never dream of telling them to get shouting etc.And as for the "yokel" tag, I suspect a large number of our fans come from the farming/rural community, good on em and long may this County have "bors" with character the backbone of support for City over many years[/quote]Excellent post mate... [Y]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]For the modern day woman the most offensive ''C'' words are Cook and Clean.......... and any hope of a decent ''F'' is totally out of the question......[/quote]It does have to be said Cluck, that this is one of the most sarcastic but realistic posts I have seen on this forum in some time! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]

Football fans should be passionate and be able to express their opinions whatever they are ( as long as not racist etc) without idiots like you going on about it. Swearing is always tricky with kids around and I try hard to keep it down when near one. I particularly liked the bit about "did not shut up all game", great well if you want silence then suggest instead you go to library. Maybe you would like to tell the crowd when to chant when to be quiet, the arrogance beggars belief. Fans have different views get used to it or you can choose not to be there! I expect he paid as much as you to be there and maybe he was annoyed by the way you sat there taking more notice of him rather than the game, hard to believe with  4-3 scoreline

Personally I get fed up with Norwich fans who sit there all match and never get involved in the game if we all behaved like that where would the atmosphere be, and crowds would go down. But that is up to them and I would never dream of telling them to get shouting etc.

And as for the "yokel" tag, I suspect a large number of our fans come from the farming/rural community, good on em and long may this County have "bors" with character the backbone of support for City over many years
[/quote]

Excellent post mate... [Y]
[/quote]

How would you know you keep missing half the game[:D]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed..... but if you or I had done it I suspect a life time ban might have ensued.....

Smith has clearly fostered a squeaky clean ''family'' atmosphere in the ground and before long a bit of swearing will be a rejection from the ground offence.
[/quote]

But you and I don''t own the place.

I think you''re getting a bit paranoid if you think that Delia has fostered a squeeky clean family atmosphere.  If she has tried, she has failed miserably, particularly in the Upper Barclay where it is unusual to pass comment on the game without swearing. 

Personally, I think that the sort of intolerance that has been discussed on this thread has more to do with the state of society in general, probably resulting from 10 years of Blair trying to force his family and ''Christian'' values down our throats.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]For the modern day woman the most offensive ''C'' words are Cook and Clean.......... and any hope of a decent ''F'' is totally out of the question......[/quote]It does have to be said Cluck, that this is one of the most sarcastic but realistic posts I have seen on this forum in some time! [:D][/quote]Life''s harsh lessons Smudge. [;)]........ and when after a year or two that ''pretty little thing'' you first encountered resembles a sack of spuds with a pizza chucked at it... the ''F'' word is something you won''t want to hear in a darkened room either......

So do these same people complaining in the N&P also complain to people walking down their local High Street about their swearing.  It''s either that or they stay inside their house avoiding any contact with the great british public.  Or is it different oop North?  Doesn''t every other teen and middle aged guy in Narfalk not swear as part of their normal language.  I''m sorry but I just don''t buy that! 

To tell them to keep it within the ground is a waste of time - as others have said by the time they are out of primary school nowadays most kids swearing language is complete.  If he wants to moan tell him to try and lobby all around him to use clean language properly.  Look at ''nana for f*ck sake for someone who cannot speak and write English.  95% of children come out of school without that ability so don''t deprive them of the little communication skills they do have by preveneting them to swear.  Poor little luv''s wouldn''t be able to survive!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.[/quote]

[/quote]Indeed..... but if you or I had done it I suspect a life time ban might have ensued.....Smith has clearly fostered a squeaky clean ''family'' atmosphere in the ground and before long a bit of swearing will be a rejection from the ground offence.[/quote]

But you and I don''t own the place.

I think you''re getting a bit paranoid if you think that Delia has fostered a squeeky clean family atmosphere.  If she has tried, she has failed miserably, particularly in the Upper Barclay where it is unusual to pass comment on the game without swearing. 

Personally, I think that the sort of intolerance that has been discussed on this thread has more to do with the state of society in general, probably resulting from 10 years of Blair trying to force his family and ''Christian'' values down our throats.

[/quote]Smith might ''own'' the bricks and mortar..... but she doesn''t own the spirit of the club or the people of the area.  NCFC is a mere shadow of it''s former self and becomes more and more detached from it''s roots with every season she is here.Not paranoid.... just able to see the ''then and now'' scenario regarding what the club has become during Smith''s disastrous tenure.

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]

Football fans should be passionate and be able to express their opinions whatever they are ( as long as not racist etc) without idiots like you going on about it. Swearing is always tricky with kids around and I try hard to keep it down when near one. I particularly liked the bit about "did not shut up all game", great well if you want silence then suggest instead you go to library. Maybe you would like to tell the crowd when to chant when to be quiet, the arrogance beggars belief. Fans have different views get used to it or you can choose not to be there! I expect he paid as much as you to be there and maybe he was annoyed by the way you sat there taking more notice of him rather than the game, hard to believe with  4-3 scoreline

Personally I get fed up with Norwich fans who sit there all match and never get involved in the game if we all behaved like that where would the atmosphere be, and crowds would go down. But that is up to them and I would never dream of telling them to get shouting etc.

And as for the "yokel" tag, I suspect a large number of our fans come from the farming/rural community, good on em and long may this County have "bors" with character the backbone of support for City over many years
[/quote]

i assume you are that moaning old twat  who was sat behind me ? or was it your dad ? or maybe you are  a fellow fully paid up  member of the moaning old twats union  i was fully involved in the game  and enjoying a thrilling match  with my son ..he went there and sat and moaned all the way  through it and assumed we all wanted his boring opinion on everything .. maybe it was smudger relocated from the snakepit ? and  i would have loved to tell him when to chant if only to get a bit of respite from his f--king moaning  [:D]

[quote user="shefcanary"]

So do these same people complaining in the N&P also complain to people walking down their local High Street about their swearing.  It''s either that or they stay inside their house avoiding any contact with the great british public.  Or is it different oop North?  Doesn''t every other teen and middle aged guy in Narfalk not swear as part of their normal language.  I''m sorry but I just don''t buy that! 

To tell them to keep it within the ground is a waste of time - as others have said by the time they are out of primary school nowadays most kids swearing language is complete.  If he wants to moan tell him to try and lobby all around him to use clean language properly.  Look at ''nana for f*ck sake for someone who cannot speak and write English.  95% of children come out of school without that ability so don''t deprive them of the little communication skills they do have by preveneting them to swear.  Poor little luv''s wouldn''t be able to survive!

[/quote]100% [Y]

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Despite Delia''s dumbing down.... football is a man''s game played by men and any strong language overheard in the ground is commonplace in the school playground out of mummy''s earshot.The day swearing becomes outlawed will be the day the luvvie wins and football as the ''people''s game'' dies.[/quote](Y) Spot onIf you don''t like swearing, loud shouting/singing and opinionated people then I would suggest that football is not the game for you.[/quote]YES! Or Alternatively if you don''t like it, don''t have a go at those who do!

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]Football fans should be passionate and be able to express their opinions whatever they are ( as long as not racist etc) without idiots like you going on about it. Swearing is always tricky with kids around and I try hard to keep it down when near one. I particularly liked the bit about "did not shut up all game", great well if you want silence then suggest instead you go to library. Maybe you would like to tell the crowd when to chant when to be quiet, the arrogance beggars belief. Fans have different views get used to it or you can choose not to be there! I expect he paid as much as you to be there and maybe he was annoyed by the way you sat there taking more notice of him rather than the game, hard to believe with  4-3 scorelinePersonally I get fed up with Norwich fans who sit there all match and never get involved in the game if we all behaved like that where would the atmosphere be, and crowds would go down. But that is up to them and I would never dream of telling them to get shouting etc.And as for the "yokel" tag, I suspect a large number of our fans come from the farming/rural community, good on em and long may this County have "bors" with character the backbone of support for City over many years[/quote]

i assume you are that moaning old twat  who was sat behind me ? or was it your dad ? or maybe you are  a fellow fully paid up  member of the moaning old twats union  i was fully involved in the game  and enjoying a thrilling match  with my son ..he went there and sat and moaned all the way  through it and assumed we all wanted his boring opinion on everything .. maybe it was smudger relocated from the snakepit ? and  i would have loved to tell him when to chant if only to get a bit of respite from his f--king moaning  [:D]

[/quote]I think I rest my case as you are clearly as opinionated and a moaner as him and I do not consider myself "old" or a "twat". I love the way you say you enjoyed the match , clearly going there and taking more notice of the fans around you than the game is part of your enjoyment, so be it. Did he actually tap you on the shoulder to give his opinion, lean over to tell you. No I thought not ! He was presumably just making his feelings good or bad vocal. His choice, as I said some stay silent like you , some are vocal, live with it or just dont come!The way you can be so abusive on this message board suggests Norwich City are better off without you, as I suspect the "old yokel twat" supported the team before you were even born!

IMO anyone who goes to football match and not expect to hear some expletives are being a tad naive.

Kids will here it everywhere.

I take my 7yo son and do cringe when I here the C word, but the F word in the heat of the moment is exceptable in my book.

It''s the lads who use the F word every other word that grates and I have had cause to mention it on one occasion. Thats plain ignorance.

Ta

IMO they''ll come a time when bad language will be attempted to be stamped out in chanting.  I mean, chanting with the subject matter of bummers, blacks and birds are not acceptable so it''s a matter of course during ''operation sanitise football'' blinding willing be on the banned list.

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="pennywise "]i was in the lower n&p did anyone else here that yokel shouting out after ruddy made his cock up ? he was demanding lambert took him off there and then.. i know football is about opinions but this idiot did not shut up all game , he obviously went with the soul intention of not enjoying himself  after about 20 minutes i was praying he would have a mild heart attack and have to leave [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I rest my case as you are clearly as opinionated and a moaner as him and I do not consider myself "old" or a "twat". I love the way you say you enjoyed the match , clearly going there and taking more notice of the fans around you than the game is part of your enjoyment, so be it. Did he actually tap you on the shoulder to give his opinion, lean over to tell you. No I thought not ! He was presumably just making his feelings good or bad vocal. His choice, as I said some stay silent like you , some are vocal, live with it or just dont come!

The way you can be so abusive on this message board suggests Norwich City are better off without you, as I suspect the "old yokel twat" supported the team before you were even born!
[/quote]

yes well thank you for making a case out of my post and then resting it .. i`ll take on board everything you said and try and be a better person [:D]

My 6yo has won a ticket for him and me to watch Sheff Utd for free tomorrow for being punctual and well behaved at school (sorry but occasionally has been known I''ll go to a game for the hell of it).  I was waiting until January 22 2011 before taking him to his first football match, but peer pressure from his mates means he wants to go tomorrow.  Anyway not only is it nice to see football clubs rewarding good time keeping and behaviour, I''m sure my son will have increased his language with traditional anglo-saxon expletives by 4.50pm (but not from me - unless the NCFC texts coming through show us being beaten heavily by Birzzle).  Hey ho!

Anyone with a message for Malky?