Sign in to follow this  
Beijing Canary

Carrow Road's biggest crowd for years...

To my mind the fact we''ve pulled 27k for this game is evidence not only that we could be a world cup venue - I know we''d have to increase the capacity - but also that we really do have the catchment area to support a Premiership club in the long-term.

Great advert for the club, even though the crowd will be a mix of hi-pitched kids and chavs counting down the minutes before they go and get pizzed on PoW Road.

Agree, though no need for the chav bit!

Just over 100 tickets left so it will definately be an all seater record for Carrow Road!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Game is now sold out.
[/quote]

I may be a few thousand miles away at the moment but news like this makes me kind of proud to be a Norwich fan

Either that or I''m going a bit soft!

GJL - take your ear plugs mate.

the last U21 game at Carrow Road was attended by thousands of kids all armed with bloody air horns and the like and yes, the hilarious mexican wave was "enjoyed " many many times. Do not forget to boo when the geriatric section fail to rise to their feet.

Enjoy!!

Many tickets given to kids schools, thousands I''d guess.. so many 100''s will be returned on the day or unused so.  So I''m sure its worth ringing the club, tomorrow or Friday - or popping down on the night

I thought they were keeping the upper tiers closed for this game? did that change?

They started setting the Upper River End last week and the Upper Barclay this week.

I don''t think they had any tickets on sale in block F of the Jarrold Stand, wonder if this will be used for away fans!

Im kind of diasppointed this will be a record attendance! Id much rather this be 22/23000 and the next home game being the record!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]Hurray! Managed to get a ticket that had been returned [:D]

Will get a different perspective of the ground as I''m in the Aviva stand
[/quote]

Thats one stand I haven''t been in yet, you''ll have to let us know what the view and atmosphere are like.

Glad you got a ticket.[:)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Hurray! Managed to get a ticket that had been returned [:D]Will get a different perspective of the ground as I''m in the Aviva stand[/quote]Don''t forget your flask and tartan rug.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Hurray! Managed to get a ticket that had been returned [:D]Will get a different perspective of the ground as I''m in the Aviva stand[/quote]Don''t forget your flask and tartan rug.[;)][/quote]That''s a lot of hassle to go to just for a football match.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Hurray! Managed to get a ticket that had been returned [:D]Will get a different perspective of the ground as I''m in the Aviva stand[/quote]Don''t forget your flask and tartan rug.[;)][/quote]I will reveal all in my next blog  - oo er [;)]

ie whether or not I took them

Those cheeky buggers on ''Talkspurt'' last night, said that the crowd was about 12 or 13,000, ''but what can you expect when the fixture is played at an unfashionable ground'', their words, not mine! Even when it came to reporting the goals, they said that the crowd ''sort of raised the roof'', thats the problem when you get amateurs acting like big time charlies. From now on, I''ll stick to 5dead, at least they don''t patronise ''smaller'' clubs! Grrr!

Thats the perrenail urban myth about Norwich City FC - cosy little unfashionable club with low unpassionate support. Unfortunately the millions of TV fans who only follow what the media outlets tell them believe this!

I bet if you asked most people outside of East Anglia whos the bigger club out of Middlesbrough (now getting under 15,000 crowds!) or Norwich (current average 24500 which will rise if we continue in the current vein of form!) they''d plump for bankrolled Borough with their legions of Premiership fairweather fans! 

Not being biased but theres no way that Plymouth, Bristol (we''re bigger than both City and Rovers put together!) MK Franchisers should be World Cup grounds when we aren''t. We should have applied!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Thats the perrenail urban myth about Norwich City FC - cosy little unfashionable club with low unpassionate support. Unfortunately the millions of TV fans who only follow what the media outlets tell them believe this!

I bet if you asked most people outside of East Anglia whos the bigger club out of Middlesbrough (now getting under 15,000 crowds!) or Norwich (current average 24500 which will rise if we continue in the current vein of form!) they''d plump for bankrolled Borough with their legions of Premiership fairweather fans! 

Not being biased but theres no way that Plymouth, Bristol (we''re bigger than both City and Rovers put together!) MK Franchisers should be World Cup grounds when we aren''t. We should have applied!

[/quote]Compare Carrow Road''s attendance for last night''s U21 game, with the figure quoted for Wales''s full international at the City of Cardiff stadium - 18,800, in a ground about the same size as ours. The truth is, when you make comparisons of this sort, Norwich beats just about anywhere else in the country.