Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - Leicester City (h) 1994

I managed the gk, def and mid couldn''t get the two forwards though!

Going to kick myself at the answer I know I am. PM me the 2 forwards GH!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Just finished it.

No wonder we were relegated.

Must admit I had to look up one of the "strikers".

[/quote]

Presumably the one who also "played" as a "defender" and "midfielder" with equal quality!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Just finished it.

No wonder we were relegated.

Must admit I had to look up one of the "strikers".

[/quote]

Presumably the one who also "played" as a "defender" and "midfielder" with equal quality!

[/quote]

That''s the one, to think he was "playing" in the top league in England -- just shows how much football has progressed in this country. Especially considering when that game was played Norwich were closer to the top of the table than the bottom.

I wonder how many of those guys would be able to cut it in the Premier League now? 3 or 4 at most surely...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I wonder how many of those guys would be able to cut it in the Premier League now? 3 or 4 at most surely...

[/quote]

GK, LB, LCB, RCB, LM, RCM all capable I''d have thought.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

GK, LB, LCB, RCB, LM, RCM all capable I''d have thought.

[/quote]Absolutely no way Ian Crook could play in the Premier League now, simply didn''t have the legs to cope with the pace of the game now.

Given they are all about 40 now I doubt any of them would cope with the Premier League now ;)

I hadnt even heard of the CF before I had to look it up on google.

This was the first ever game I attended!!!

A wet behind the ears 14 year old wearing my yellow and green flecked top from the year before!

Nothing in my life has ever matched the eurphoria I felt when Sutch scored the winner several minutes from time!

And big Jon Newsome at the back, one of my favourite ever players.

[pretend to know how to do a proper quote/] Got all bar one striker. Have the one who ''played'' there ''al la Doc''Am really struggling. Any clues - was it a loanee/late buy? [/end pretending of how to do a quote]Not a loanee. May have been a late buy, but it was during my formative

football years so I''m not too sure how he arrived with us. One of those

players that was ruddy awful while with us but went on to score hatfuls

for other (mediocre) sides, guarenteed to get one whenever he came back

to Carrow Road. Never played for anyone all that good though.It was the earlier clue of big ears that helped me get it. Cheers to that man.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Thanks djc but still not helping. I''m in one of those situations where the name might be a clue! lol[/quote]He was supposed - note the "supposed" - to be the adequate replacement for one of the best centre-forwards (possibly THE best) we''ve had. A bit unfair because he was a quite different kind of player.Same number of letters in the surname. Starts with the same letter...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Thanks djc but still not helping. I''m in one of those situations where the name might be a clue! lol
[/quote]

He was supposed - note the "supposed" - to be the adequate replacement for one of the best centre-forwards (possibly THE best) we''ve had. A bit unfair because he was a quite different kind of player.Same number of letters in the surname. Starts with the same letter...

[/quote]

I remember an away match in which this player was booed by both sets of fans as his name was read out before the game. I''ll not give away the location / area - all I''ll say is that I think he was subbed off two minutes into the game as he was injured. And then both sets of fans cheered!  (I hope I''m 100% right about who the player really is!)

I remember as a 9 year old watching the TVs that used to be on display for sale in the window of the shop Tandy (blast from the past!) which always used to have the football scores on a Saturday afternoon - back when every game kicked off at 3pm! I remember watching as it read 1-1 and changed when Sutch got that last minute winner!! What a poor team though!