Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Holt - Fly him back

Thats hard to say with a dry throat. Hell of a long way to Norwich. Hope you get to see some games, maybe Swans or Cardiff away? 

The club should just get a flight booked for him to get back on time and take the costs out of his wages, simple, and I''m sure a financial risk Holt would be willing to take

hoping to , didnt manage any last season as work messed up only real option , walsall , i work for the railway and the bad weather messed us up as well as the game , normally get 2 or 3 in a season as my parants and the mother in law are not too far from norwich . used to go to all the home games at one time , do miss seeing them i have to admit

all i can , got updates on my phone for when i am at work and the computer gets a workout on matchdays too , shame the live feed has been stopped as was a life saver for us far flung supporters , mind has its advantages as no ip***t supporters this way apart from my missus and she takes little interest in them at the moment

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

All he has to do is put his foot down coming back,and stay in the overtaking lane.Where there are traffic jams,use the hard shoulder...He could probably do the journey in 2 hours this way( ave speed 90/100 mph)..

[/quote]

evidently you have never driven the m6 , speed cameras , road works , unmarked police cars , even using the toll road which involves going backward to go forwards you still have to contend with unmarked cars and that is before you get to the a14 with its average speed cameras from huntindon to cambridge  and then roadworks by newmarket , a11 a speed trap nightmare and chaos to thetford , be lucky to do it in 4 hours , and yes i do drive it before you ask and it is still the quickest route , be lucky to average 50mph and its even worse than usual at the moment as its holiday season with loads of caravans heading to and from wales and the norfolk coast ambling about with their thumbs up their a***s

and to add to that the nearest airfield to shrewsbury is the one at welshpool and that is an over hour away on a good day

[/quote]

He should keep on the A14 to Bury St Eds, go up the A134 to Thugford and miss out the crappy bit between Newmarket and Thugford Sainsbury roundabout...Saves a good half-hour at least

[quote user="City1st"]As someone with a little ''previous'' in these matters the lead usher can can usually be persuaded to put a case on earlier where necessary - and I don''t think it will be held over until the afternoon - which suggests he should be out of there by 1pm. Allow 4 to 5 hours and he is in Norwich by 6pm.

Those of you who remember ''Alf Tupper'' will know they he frequently arrived late at the race track, often on the back of a truck and would go on to beat some arrogant foreigner and be none the worse for it.

Otherwise rough cost of cheap helicopter is around £450 + vat per hour - does around 133 miles per hour. Landing charges might also be incurred.

Court is 200 miles from Norwich

(cost would be about 7p per home fan)

The increase in the catering prices would probably pay for this  Wink [;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="City1st"]As someone with a little ''previous'' in these matters the lead usher can can usually be persuaded to put a case on earlier where necessary - and I don''t think it will be held over until the afternoon - which suggests he should be out of there by 1pm. Allow 4 to 5 hours and he is in Norwich by 6pm.

Those of you who remember ''Alf Tupper'' will know they he frequently arrived late at the race track, often on the back of a truck and would go on to beat some arrogant foreigner and be none the worse for it.

Otherwise rough cost of cheap helicopter is around £450 + vat per hour - does around 133 miles per hour. Landing charges might also be incurred.

The increase in the catering prices would probably pay for this 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

All he has to do is put his foot down coming back,and stay in the overtaking lane.Where there are traffic jams,use the hard shoulder...He could probably do the journey in 2 hours this way( ave speed 90/100 mph)..

[/quote]

evidently you have never driven the m6 , speed cameras , road works , unmarked police cars , even using the toll road which involves going backward to go forwards you still have to contend with unmarked cars and that is before you get to the a14 with its average speed cameras from huntindon to cambridge  and then roadworks by newmarket , a11 a speed trap nightmare and chaos to thetford , be lucky to do it in 4 hours , and yes i do drive it before you ask and it is still the quickest route , be lucky to average 50mph and its even worse than usual at the moment as its holiday season with loads of caravans heading to and from wales and the norfolk coast ambling about with their thumbs up their a***s

and to add to that the nearest airfield to shrewsbury is the one at welshpool and that is an over hour away on a good day

[/quote]

Ever heard of sarcasm??  Or Irony?? [:$]

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] yeah and stupidity

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Unit"]Have you driven on the A11 on a Friday?? Nightmare. Doesn''t have to be a major airport. Most charters pick up from large airfields[/quote]

Have you ever driven anywhere near Birmingham on a friday? I know which i''d rather do

Either Holt doesn''t turn up at court and takes the slap on the wrists and a couple of hundred pound extra fine or chances are he wont play

[quote user="Boyo"]

Also after a court case in the morning and a 3/4 hour drive I don''t think Holt would be up to it. 

[/quote]It''s more than a 45 minute drive [:P]

Yes or No ?All this seems slightly odd, surely this could of been sorted out prior to this week ???Also iv seen a cheecky bet, Norwich to win 2 nil n Holt to score first 48/1 Looking forward to tonight, just hope we dont bottle it like the last few opening games.

Strange as it sounds I actually hope unless he''s done very early that he won''t play.Just reminds me of when Tony Pennock of Yeovil Town had jury duty before a game once and let in 4 goals he shouldn''t have..

I think Lambert should leave Holt out. I dont think he would be fit to play either mentally or physically, and also giving a start to one of the other front men sends out a clear message that Lambert has confidence in his entire squad.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Archant must have links/contacts for court news.[/quote]He''ll just play the good Christian card and get it dismissed[;)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Doesn''t really matter Wiz, he''s out till October isn''t he?![/quote]Of course he is, but the outcome of the court case is still important.

PS. I didn''t start that rumour, I only reported it![:$]