Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

New Club Shop

Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..[/quote]Hundreds of very young kids used to go to the reserve games as they were family fun nights. It was a good way to get them interested in the club and want NC shirts etc. etc.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..[/quote]Hundreds of very young kids used to go to the reserve games as they were family fun nights. It was a good way to get them interested in the club and want NC shirts etc. etc.[/quote]Judging by current season ticket sales I really don''t think we have any problem attracting anyone to Carrow road.Oh, and which is the right figure for this shop refit, 50 or 100 k?

[quote user="morty"]So, which is it, 50 or 100 k?

Methinks you are stabbing in the dark here lol.[/quote]Now Morty, the first rule for members of C.G.F.P.A. is "think of a number, double it, add on..........." [;)]

A couple of blokes where in town the other day offering to do work, I`m sure they would have done it cheap as long as we provided parking for their caravans

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..[/quote]Hundreds of very young kids used to go to the reserve games as they were family fun nights. It was a good way to get them interested in the club and want NC shirts etc. etc.[/quote]Judging by current season ticket sales I really don''t think we have any problem attracting anyone to Carrow road.Oh, and which is the right figure for this shop refit, 50 or 100 k?[/quote]As I said, it can cost 50K+ even for a small shop. As the NC shop is bigger it could be £100K+ but it depends upon the standard they have done it too.

[quote user="WOTB"]A couple of blokes where in town the other day offering to do work, I`m sure they would have done it cheap as long as we provided parking for their caravans
[/quote]Oi, they have finished my drive yet!

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..[/quote]Hundreds of very young kids used to go to the reserve games as they were family fun nights. It was a good way to get them interested in the club and want NC shirts etc. etc.[/quote]Judging by current season ticket sales I really don''t think we have any problem attracting anyone to Carrow road.Oh, and which is the right figure for this shop refit, 50 or 100 k?[/quote]As I said, it can cost 50K+ even for a small shop. As the NC shop is bigger it could be £100K+ but it depends upon the standard they have done it too.[/quote]You''re just making this up, aren''t you?[:)]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Playing at Carrow rd in front of what 1000 or 2000 at the ,most,is hardly likely to acclimatize them to 26 k! And i know for a fact,they sometimes do play games against a select first team,though not often...As for youngsters becoming norwich fans just because they had a urge to see a reserve match,is a little beyond my belief..Though no doubt there may be a few very few,perhaps you? ...I became a norwich fan when i was 7..seeing bro`s shirt and hearing all the stories...mate became a norwich fan when he was 12 when he had a visit at his school of 1st team players..I think these are the normal introduction methods..[/quote]Hundreds of very young kids used to go to the reserve games as they were family fun nights. It was a good way to get them interested in the club and want NC shirts etc. etc.[/quote]Judging by current season ticket sales I really don''t think we have any problem attracting anyone to Carrow road.Oh, and which is the right figure for this shop refit, 50 or 100 k?[/quote]As I said, it can cost 50K+ even for a small shop. As the NC shop is bigger it could be £100K+ but it depends upon the standard they have done it too.[/quote]Never got a good work to say Tom.I''d say the NCFC Club Shop was tiny in comparison to the majority of most retail stores.  I bet it didn''t cost anywhere near 6 figures.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i have a source that works within the club and she has informed me that it has cost betweek 50-80k[/quote]No you don''t.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]i have a source that works within the club and she has informed me that it has cost betweek 50-80k[/quote]

No you don''t.

[:)]
[/quote]

i no, but we can just go along with it to stop the huge range of numbers.

I know somebody at the club. And they said they''ll be a section for old trade-in kits.  You bring you old shirt in, if it passes muster they buy it off you to re-sell it. Fosters shirts they''ll pay £50 and re-sell them for £70.And the re-fit cost £78,568.51.[:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]i have a source that works within the club and she has informed me that it has cost betweek 50-80k[/quote]No you don''t.[:)][/quote]

i no, but we can just go along with it to stop the huge range of numbers.

[/quote]So you reduced it from 50-100k own to 50-80k. Cheers for reducing the huge range of numbers. What have they done anyway, painted the walls?

"I know that even small shop refits can cost £50K+."My god what an absolute cretin.If a small shop spends that amount of money it is with the view or the certainty of recouping that money and much more. The shop wil trade as a seperate entity with a remit to generate profit for the club. I''m sure they know best having seen how the shop operates, what the takings and how to further maximise them. The irony of you bleating on about floodlit games should not be lost on many who will recognise that were your dimwitted views to hold sway there would not be any floodlights at all. In fact we would still be playing at Newmarket Road with similar simpletons bleating out their disagreement with the club spending money on a flat cap that they could pass it round at half time. Why not write to the club and suggest to them that if they stopped

buying beer and pies they could ''invest'' the money in players.Sadly your stupid and ridiculous comments are not confined to the usual suspects who might be considered ''not the full shilling'' - but are now so often repeated by the whole ragbag of happy clappers who have attached themselves to football and believe that the game can be approached with the same ignorance that the rest of their lives are.

I think the main point is probably that if you are spending on things like shop fittings and extra seats  you have to make sure that you will recoup that money and more since in the long run funds need to be generated for the playing budget. However a small amount of money is not actually going to make much difference to the playing budget at all- even if the cost is £100K you are unlikely to be able to permanently sign anyone for that money so all you are sacrificing is probably an average loan player, and we have seen that they can actually cause deeper problems than they solve. As somone says the £100K may be tax deductible or it may go on the balance sheet to increase the worth of the assets, but I''m not an accountant. I feel that with McNally in charge though the right decisions and balance of priorities will be made, much more so than under previous regimes.

[quote user="City1st"]"I know that even small shop refits can cost £50K+."My god what an absolute cretin.If a small shop spends that amount of money it is with the view or the certainty of recouping that money and much more. The shop wil trade as a seperate entity with a remit to generate profit for the club. I''m sure they know best having seen how the shop operates, what the takings and how to further maximise them. The irony of you bleating on about floodlit games should not be lost on many who will recognise that were your dimwitted views to hold sway there would not be any floodlights at all. In fact we would still be playing at Newmarket Road with similar simpletons bleating out their disagreement with the club spending money on a flat cap that they could pass it round at half time. Why not write to the club and suggest to them that if they stopped

buying beer and pies they could ''invest'' the money in players.Sadly your stupid and ridiculous comments are not confined to the usual suspects who might be considered ''not the full shilling'' - but are now so often repeated by the whole ragbag of happy clappers who have attached themselves to football and believe that the game can be approached with the same ignorance that the rest of their lives are.[/quote]Firstly, how about you show some manners and leave out all of the personal abuse towards me and others?Secondly, I know what it can cost to fit out a small shop as I have have seen quotes for myself. Funnily enough, this was even raised on Dragons Den just the other night when they said that it can cost 70k to fit out a small shop.Thirdly, the money could be used towards paying off the debt which accumulates interest, or ''invested'' in the playing side.Fourth, McNally said that all funds would be going towards the football side of the club.Fifth, if they can afford to put the floodlights on at night whilst people eat in Delia''s then NCFC might as well play reserve games when the lights are on anyway.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I think the main point is probably that if you are spending on things like shop fittings and extra seats  you have to make sure that you will recoup that money and more since in the long run funds need to be generated for the playing budget. However a small amount of money is not actually going to make much difference to the playing budget at all- even if the cost is £100K you are unlikely to be able to permanently sign anyone for that money so all you are sacrificing is probably an average loan player, and we have seen that they can actually cause deeper problems than they solve. As somone says the £100K may be tax deductible or it may go on the balance sheet to increase the worth of the assets, but I''m not an accountant. I feel that with McNally in charge though the right decisions and balance of priorities will be made, much more so than under previous regimes.[/quote]So far, it seems it has cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds in the way Lambert was appointed,  whacked up tickets prices, dramatically increased food & drink prices, pulled the reserves family nights, and introduced ticket booking fees.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]I think the main point is probably that if you are spending on things like shop fittings and extra seats  you have to make sure that you will recoup that money and more since in the long run funds need to be generated for the playing budget. However a small amount of money is not actually going to make much difference to the playing budget at all- even if the cost is £100K you are unlikely to be able to permanently sign anyone for that money so all you are sacrificing is probably an average loan player, and we have seen that they can actually cause deeper problems than they solve. As somone says the £100K may be tax deductible or it may go on the balance sheet to increase the worth of the assets, but I''m not an accountant. I feel that with McNally in charge though the right decisions and balance of priorities will be made, much more so than under previous regimes.[/quote]So far, it seems it has cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds in the way Lambert was appointed,  whacked up tickets prices, dramatically increased food & drink prices, pulled the reserves family nights, and introduced ticket booking fees.[/quote]Tom, you used to come on this board and defend the club''s decisions when Doomcaster was in charge because it was against the tide.  Now McNally and Bowkett are bringing the club in line with other clubs, you are attacking their decisions when everyone else can see the long-term benefits.I don''t know.  Maybe you could explain how increasing ticket prices has cost the

club money when we''ve sold more season tickets than ever before because

finally we have a manager and squad people can believe in.  And who got

that manager in, Tom? Troll much?

[quote user="morty"]Tom, have you considered looking for another club to support?[/quote]

haha

If we had a team playing well on the pitch but difficulty getting tickets and poorly laid out shop which is impossible to find anything then people would moan the complete converse of your point.

They know what they''re doing, it''s not exactly going to have been an impulse decision now is it?

I think I''d be more peeved and slightly concerned if it was a refurbishment of Yellows or one of the club restaurants.....

I''m sure that a greater majority of support use the club shops as opposed to Yellows, Delia''s or Top of the Terrace etc.....

I wonder if during a season, the sale of club merchandise outweighs the income and turnover from the restaurants and such like?

I''m sure the new members of the board wouldn''t agree with the upgrade of the club-shop if it wasn''t financially productive and viable.... 

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not been in the club shop for many a year. Was it in dire need of a re-fit?
[/quote]

Good point Pete and one not raised so far.

The shop was small, cluttered, crowded and unbearably hot.  Aged parent and I love to browse and occasionally buy but we often look the crowds and decide not to bother.   It is difficult to find what you want when the place is full and for some reason, large groups have to stand and watch one of them making a purchase rather than waiting outside.  I''d understand that at portman Road as it would be more entertaining than the football but here it is just inexplicable.

The experience is one to be endured not enjoyed.  Anything which makes the shop more pleasant; which brings more people in and which makes it easier to actually buy something can only increase sales and hence profits,