Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Fraser Forster set for Burnley move

Lambert told BBC Look East: "Finances dictate a lot of things, we probably couldn''t do it because of that."

End thread!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Lambert told BBC Look East: "Finances dictate a lot of things, we probably couldn''t do it because of that."

End thread!

[/quote]

yes and you seem to be worried that we cant compete with burnley! Dont you realise that they have got 100m added revenue over us just for that one season in the premier league!

While i expect Ruddy''s transfer fee was similar to Forsters loan fee for one season, bit of  no brainer.

And to the people who critisise signing SPL players GKs are definatly an exception. It doesnt matter what league you are in the quality of shots a goal keeper may face doesnt change that much.

In those good old days pre-loans from everywhere we did manage to buy a decent Scottish Reserve keeper. Bryan Gunn was his name. Nowadays we could have perhaps loaned him until he proved his worth and priced himself out of our reach.

That is what is happening all th time now, the top Premiership clubs, the rich, have around 60 players on their books, loan out several, if they make the grade they recall them, if not they sell them, but only at the increased fee that the loan created.

We hope we have a good young keeper of our own now, with two good young keepers as back up. That must be preferable.

Finally a simple question. What was Fraser Forster worth when he came to us and what was he worth when he left?

i read/heard that they were going to pay stupid money, something like 700k.

as mentioned by other people, he wanted to come to us, we clearly arent willing to pay stupid money for a loan player, which is the right thing to do.

no point in us moaning about it, im happy we have signed our own player, with everton fans on there forum saying he had england potential.

besides, when we got forster, it wernt asif we were going crazy about him, when ruddy is an unknown talent for us to some degree, exactly the same as forster.

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

There is the quote I presume everyone is on about - from the article ''Norwich City give up on goalkeepper Fraser Forster''

[/quote]

Again,i cant find that quote,either in the local paper or at the look east website.Was this a direct quote about forster,after we signed Ruddy? As the day before,he stated,his "patience is wearing thin" About waiting for ab answer..Next day he signs Ruddy

[/quote]

Here is a link to it; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8794081.stm 

It was after we signed Ruddy.

[/quote]

Cheers..That explains it then.A day before,he is saying,he cant wait forever,with no metion of finances..Then he signs Ruddy on a 3 year deal!

To me it looks like,they newcastle fans were right about their boss not wanting him to go down here again,and Lambert then buys a keeper,but uses the quote as a bargining tool,for his next purchase,jacko..I would guess the cost of  buying Ruddy(again undisclosed),and the 3 year contract,is a little more than it wouldve cost to get FF back..

[/quote]

Now end thread!

Why does the length of a thread annoy people?

Burnley have a got a good keeper but I am pleased we opted for Ruddy. He is ours so we won''t be in the same situation next year, plus if he does well there is the potential for profit and he comes with good reviews as a premiership keeper.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I think Ruddy will do really well. We need to move on as, good as he is (and he isn''t perfect by a long shot) Frazer was NEVER going to be our player.[/quote]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

End thread!

[/quote]

Yeah thread is Probably over, oh no wait!

Didn''t Lambert also say that Gary Holt was here to help out for only a few days and that no new staff would come in?

Holt was here ''to give the lads a hand.'' It seems to be one of Lamberts favourite phrases.

Ok Einstein, Why hasnt Lambert come out and said ''Newcastle felt it was too far for him to travel''?

Either way I wish him luck in all his games except the two against us.

I have a feeling that money was an issue. Loaning Foster probably wasn''t economical and Lambert didn''t want to wait.

Either way I''m glad we''ve signed Ruddy. Hopefully he''ll perform to a high standard for a couple of years. We can allow Rudd and Steer to go and get some experience else where and then fingers crossed someone will come in for Ruddy when either of the other two are ready to make the step up. We would be the ones making a profit and not some prem club.

Davo

I think you are having a Camuldonum moment Wiz.He used to be good at stating the bleedin'' obvious.[:P]

Two ways to look at that. Jensen has done really well in the Prem although he is 35-ish. I can''t see Forster going in there and being automatic 1st choice.

Like I said in another thread I think it comes down to the fee they wanted for the loan arrangement. The fact that he could end up playing second fiddle doesn''t appear to bother them which is rather sickening. We all know what the player himself wanted.

Why did you have to make a new thread? There''s a Forster to Burnley one just down the page, oh yes, you''re the joint biggest attention seeker on here with batty boy CT.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think you are having a Camuldonum moment Wiz.He used to be good at stating the bleedin'' obvious.[:P][/quote]Oops Til, yeah I suffer from premajure thread insertion![img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/oops.gif[/img]

Sorry.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Ok Einstein, Why hasnt Lambert come out and said ''Newcastle felt it was too far for him to travel''?

[/quote]

Why would he,if he then could use the finance bargining tool with gills sherlock?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Why would he? Newcastle dont have to give a reason if they say Fraser isn''t availible for loan at this time, do they muppet?

Well he wasn''t until a club closer to Newcastle came in for him, was he?

Lambert came out and said he was fed up/frustraighted that Newcastle wouldn''t give us an answer so he was looking at other options, we then signed Ruddy

2 Weeks later they seem to be quite happy to loan him out

We must be really skint that we''ve blown all our money on Surman and left no other money for other players, that would be clever, wouldn''t it?

I GOT TOLD ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO THAT FORSTER WOULD BE GOING TO A CLUB CLOSER TO NEWCASTLE BECAUSE HE STILL SPENDS HALF HIS TIME TRAINING THERE, THIS CAME FROM SOMEONE IN THE KNOW AT NEWCASTLE AND NOW LOOKS TO BE HAPPENING, THIS SOURCE HAS BEEN 100% CORRECT IN THE PAST (PATTISON, AMEOBI LINKS) THIS IS THE REASON HE WONT BE COMING ON LOAN SO GET OVER IT!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]

Might not be a matter of being able to afford the fee as such, perhaps more to do with the fee being a large chunk of or perhaps even nearly an entire transfer fee of a player we could have permanently.

If they were talking hundreds of thousands I think its fair for Lambert to say - on your bike, I will look for another promising young keeper that I can pick up for twice that but on a three year contract.

Am I right in saying that he hasn''t actually gone out on loan yet though?Whereas the distance and the fee could have been issues I should imagine waiting this close to the new season was definitely a factor for Lambo. and making him do a lot of his training back at his club also seems a bit of a pain too.

[quote user="CDMullins"]No one will ever know the real reasons.[/quote]

Taking into account the fact money was never mentionend as a reason until we had purchased Ruddy,and what was stated,the day before we bought Ruddy,and the rumours on the newcastle message boards..I would guess the travelling factor looks the best bet. And the fact that Lambert made the comment about finances,the day after is possibly because we were/are in negotiations with another club for a striker..