Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Fraser Forster set for Burnley move

How the hell do you know that??

For all that you know he may have been offered to Darlington, Hartlepool and Carlisle!

If there was lots of clubs after him last season he would have probably gone on loan before the season started not a month into it, maybe we were the first club to enquire at the level they want to send him to

either way lots of clubs want him and he can get one at the level newcastle want him to play which is closer to them so he can train with them

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox Nothing to do with a loan fee, Forster still spends half his training at Newcastle and the travelling too and from us was too much Fraser WANTED to come back, PL mentioned we couldnt agree finances with Newcastle[/quote]

Newcastle dont care what he wants, its not up to him he works for them and they didn''t want him travelling so far!

Who knows if he really wanted to come back anyway? just because he said it

and where did Lambert say we couldn''t agree finances?

[/quote]

I''m sure he said about the finances in a video interview either on Canaries World or the PinkUn site. Can''t remember which one though.

[/quote]

As above,

And why is travelling to Norwich suddenly a problem now??? It wasnt for the while of last season.[/quote]Apparently they''ve decided, after giving it a go for most of a season, that it was a problem.

This was always going to happen. Sure there is some truth in Newcastle wanting to have him closer to home and also in the financial angle. Lambert definitely said in his interview last week that we weren''t able to do it as we had to work with the finances we have. Bit concerned he also said something similar about Jackson yesterday. two mentions of the word "finances" in the space of a week. hope he''s not getting frustrated (although in truth he''s obviously been given a decent budget if we got Surman).

Anyway a bit irritating but ultimately who cares. We''ve signed a guy who is by all accounts a very good, promising young keeper, he was also desperate to play for us and he''s our own player who can''t be recalled and we can get good money for if he turns out to be a star of the future. Who knows he may even turn out to be better than FF. We''ve moved on so crying over Forster going to Burnley is pointless.

Owning Ruddy is better than re-loaning FF. When Lambert came in he said he would try and avoid loans. His hand was forced last year because he needed to get a goalie in quick. Fraser Forster did well for us in League One but he''s no Gordon Banks. He was also unknown until he played for us.

Eh? WE GOT PROMOTED! ...Okay its a 11 a side game, but the cornerstone of any football club is the goalkeeper! ....Also,to the other poster,it was spoken on newcs fans site about the manager wanting him to train with the squad when possible,especially with new players coming in for the prem..A poster said he had info,forster will not be going back to norwich,and will only be allowed to sign for a club within a certain radius of newcastle,and if none come in,then he will stay here(newcastle)..I thought this was total BS as its not as though we havent got state of the art training facilities,and if he had to go train mid week,we do have a airport linking to 2 cities! .But now im starting to think they may have known something?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox Nothing to do with a loan fee, Forster still spends half his training at Newcastle and the travelling too and from us was too much Fraser WANTED to come back, PL mentioned we couldnt agree finances with Newcastle[/quote]

WHEN AND WHERE sorry, when and where does it say PL (god) couldnt agree finances?? The lazst report i heard was the day before we got ruddy..God said, " We cant hang around waiting for their manager to decide to let him out"

Its got nothing to do with finances! Newccy aint desperate for a few extra readies now! ..Im starting to agrre that it was about the distance..

No, course your right, the club that have sold the name of the Clubs ground to the owner of the Club, really dont need the extra ''readies''

Its to do with loan fees. Lambert hinted at that in one of his recent interviews which was recorded in an article. A bit of reading between the lines but that''s how it sounded to me at the time.

Lambert told BBC Look East: "Finances dictate a lot of things, we probably couldn''t do it because of that."

There is the quote I presume everyone is on about - from the article ''Norwich City give up on goalkeepper Fraser Forster''

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]Brian Jensen is not a very good keeper at all. Fraser will be first choice, or at least certainly should be.[/quote]

Thats funny, Burnley seem to think he is a Premier League class goalkeeper.[/quote]Did you watch any of Burnley''s games last year? He was way off the pace, a very average championship keeper now.

As much as I rate Forster and would have loved for him to come back for another season - he wasn''t our player. I''m glad Lambert has gone and brought in a young keeper with good reviews who will be ours, and who hopefully will do a good job for us.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Once again the reality of who the loan system really benefits hits home. We paid him, we trained him, we coached him, we built his reputation, we gave him exposure ....... and we increased his value for his home club. And we get nothing and they get everything![/quote]

Ban loaning of players Yellow Wall?  We wouldnt have had him at all last year in that case

Players move on, time moves on, we''ve got Ruddy, get behind him and move on too

I think if he moves, its  because either we only wanted to buy him, not loan.....or Newcastle wanted more money for a loan fee, which Burnley have offerd for some strange reason, despite having a very good keeper already......if you gave Fraser Forster the choice of a loan move, i''m 100% sure he would have chosen Norwich.....

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Lambert told BBC Look East: "Finances dictate a lot of things, we probably couldn''t do it because of that."

There is the quote I presume everyone is on about - from the article ''Norwich City give up on goalkeepper Fraser Forster''

[/quote]If only we hadn''t paid all that money for those 1,500 extra seats...

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]Brian Jensen is not a very good keeper at all. Fraser will be first choice, or at least certainly should be.[/quote]

Thats funny, Burnley seem to think he is a Premier League class goalkeeper.[/quote]Did you watch any of Burnley''s games last year? He was way off the pace, a very average championship keeper now.[/quote]

Funnily enough yes I did, my house mate is a Burnley fan and season ticket holder, ive probably still got every one of Burnleys games is on my Skyplus.

He had a very poor defence in front of him!

He was outstanding in the early part season (I remember he kept them in the game against United and Everton), as he the previous season in the championship and in their cup run, when they knocked out Fulham,Arsenal, Chelsea and almost Spurs.

Hes more than capable of doing it again this season.

Ruddy is far better than you realise. Forster was very good but Ruddy is his equal. Everton supporters are gutted he has gone. They seem to think we have a real star on our hands and are amazed he went to a Championship club he is that good. He was also generally thought of as the best keeper in the SPL last season by most scotsmen, so lets not be too concerned ey.

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]Owning Ruddy is better than re-loaning FF. [/quote]

I think this is 100% right. Forster is a top keeper, but having our own keeper - especially one as young and highly rated as Ruddy - has got to be preferable.

Burnley, as a club, training ground, facilities and town is a sh*thole. They also cant fill Turf moor, even in the premier league. They have a crap manager in Brian laws, who was sacked by Sheff wed with them 2nd from bottom in the championship, which somehow gave him credentials for a then upper bottom half premiership side.

Basically im saying this is a strange move, and im sure hes a bit peed at newcastle for not letting him get on with coming back to Norwich.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Because last year they didn''t have a choice of clubs to send him to did they [/quote]Not true. He was going to extend his loan deal at Bristol Rovers and was on his way to a fly to Bristol when we stepped in at the last second and offered Newwcastle more money.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Don''t forget as Lambert said -he could always be recalled.[/quote]You can''t recall players from a season long loan.

Actually, Tom, you can if it''s stipulated as part of the agreement. Most season long loans have a clause to recall during January. That was the case with Spillane''s and Martin''s deals at Luton.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Again,i cant find that quote,either in the local paper or at the look east website.Was this a direct quote about forster,after we signed Ruddy? As the day before,he stated,his "patience is wearing thin" About waiting for ab answer..Next day he signs Ruddy

[quote user="CDMullins"]No, course your right, the club that have sold the name of the Clubs ground to the owner of the Club, really dont need the extra ''readies''[/quote]

You may have noticed since then Newcastle have got promotion!

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Again,i cant find that quote,either in the local paper or at the look east website.Was this a direct quote about forster,after we signed Ruddy? As the day before,he stated,his "patience is wearing thin" About waiting for ab answer..Next day he signs Ruddy

[/quote]

Here is a link to it; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8794081.stm 

It was after we signed Ruddy.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here is a link to it; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8794081.stm 

It was after we signed Ruddy.

[/quote]

Cheers..That explains it then.A day before,he is saying,he cant wait forever,with no metion of finances..Then he signs Ruddy on a 3 year deal!

To me it looks like,they newcastle fans were right about their boss not wanting him to go down here again,and Lambert then buys a keeper,but uses the quote as a bargining tool,for his next purchase,jacko..I would guess the cost of  buying Ruddy(again undisclosed),and the 3 year contract,is a little more than it wouldve cost to get FF back..