Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Fraser Forster set for Burnley move

Why has it taken Newcastle all this time to decide if FF can leave the club,i''m so bloody annoyed,as soon as we sign a Keeper they agree to let him go!!! And Why Burnley?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Burnley have considerably more cash than us due to the parachute payments . I always did think it was about cash now that he has built his reputation[/quote]

He wanted to sign for us though,he said it himself on more than one occasion,maybe Burnley have paid a bigger loan fee than we could offer.

I should think they almost certainly paid a bigger loan fee - money has a very loud voice in football these days

He will take one look at the stadium (fans) and the area and think, uh oh. Life goes on Holty will know to stand infront of the defender from his goal kicks !!!

It''s a shame we didn''t get him but we have to move on, give our full support to Ruddy and show Forster just what he''s going to miss out on. Thanks for the season but he''s going to be an opposition player now and while I will give him one applause when he comes onto the pitch at Carrow Road, that will be it.

Must be first choice. Sligtly worrying that we cant compete with Burnley for a loan fee for a player that made a massive impact for us last season.

Who cares, we have our own new keeper now, why take Fraser and just improve him for Newcastle

Told everyone ages ago that Newcastle only wanted to loan him to a club closer cos he still spends half his time training up there

I was told it would be Sheff utd but i guess Burnley are willing to pay more

I think Ruddy will do really well. We need to move on as, good as he is (and he isn''t perfect by a long shot) Frazer was NEVER going to be our player.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Must be first choice. Sligtly worrying that we cant compete with Burnley for a loan fee for a player that made a massive impact for us last season.[/quote]

Have you forgotton about Burnley''s parachute payments then?

Once again the reality of who the loan system really benefits hits home.

We paid him, we trained him, we coached him, we built his reputation, we gave him exposure ....... and we increased his value for his home club.

And we get nothing and they get everything!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Once again the reality of who the loan system really benefits hits home. We paid him, we trained him, we coached him, we built his reputation, we gave him exposure ....... and we increased his value for his home club. And we get nothing and they get everything![/quote]

Anyone care to remind me, what did Fraser Forster help us get last season?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Once again the reality of who the loan system really benefits hits home.

We paid him, we trained him, we coached him, we built his reputation, we gave him exposure ....... and we increased his value for his home club.

And we get nothing and they get everything![/quote]

We get nothing? Do me a favour. Forster was integral to our winning league 1 last season. I''ll take that for a season''s wages.

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Once again the reality of who the loan system really benefits hits home.

And we get nothing and they get everything![/quote]Yeah, i mean it''s not like we can name one good thing that Fraser Forster did for Norwich City FC.  Disgraceful.  Player''s Player of the Year?  For shame!  Came down here, helped us win the league and then f*cked off home to Tyneside.  Selfish little sod!

We got promoted! He did asmuch for us last season as we did for him, It was a win win situation for both parties!

Actually we didnt coach him, he spent most of his week in Newcastle getting coached by them!

At some point Newcastle are going to have to decide on a number 1, could be Tim Krul, Fraser or if Newcastle do well a big money signing.

I dont think Fraser as good as he is will ever be Newcastles No.1. At some point Newcastle will have to sell.

Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox Nothing to do with a loan fee, Forster still spends half his training at Newcastle and the travelling too and from us was too much

Fraser WANTED to come back, PL mentioned we couldnt agree finances with Newcastle

[quote user="CDMullins"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox Nothing to do with a loan fee, Forster still spends half his training at Newcastle and the travelling too and from us was too much Fraser WANTED to come back, PL mentioned we couldnt agree finances with Newcastle[/quote]

Newcastle dont care what he wants, its not up to him he works for them and they didn''t want him travelling so far!

Who knows if he really wanted to come back anyway? just because he said it

and where did Lambert say we couldn''t agree finances?

Would prefer to have our own keeper than borrowing someone elses, talking to an Everton fan the other day and he rates Ruddy and thinks he will do very well for us.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox Nothing to do with a loan fee, Forster still spends half his training at Newcastle and the travelling too and from us was too much Fraser WANTED to come back, PL mentioned we couldnt agree finances with Newcastle[/quote]

Newcastle dont care what he wants, its not up to him he works for them and they didn''t want him travelling so far!

[/quote]

I''m sure he said about the finances in a video interview either on Canaries World or the PinkUn site. Can''t remember which one though.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]Brian Jensen is not a very good keeper at all. Fraser will be first choice, or at least certainly should be.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]

Why ? We are £23m in the red they are £16m in the black. Our income will be about £14m less than them this year because of the parachute payments. Burnley have been a well managed well run club - until recently we werent. Realistically there are not many teams at this level that we can compete with and from next year with the new parachutes will make it even harder.

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="CDMullins"]Burnley chairman Barry Kilby always said they would not over spend, When they went up last year they invested very little. Even when they had to find a new manager they took the cheapest possible option. Burnley are not going to have paid ''silly money'' for him, firstly because its just a loan secondly when they have a very decent keeper in Brian Jensen. Non of us know or will ever know the financial ins and out of what we offered and what Newcastle wanted, but it does worry me that we couldnt match Burnley for a loan fee.[/quote]Brian Jensen is not a very good keeper at all. Fraser will be first choice, or at least certainly should be.[/quote]

Thats funny, Burnley seem to think he is a Premier League class goalkeeper.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]

I''m sure he said about the finances in a video interview either on Canaries World or the PinkUn site. Can''t remember which one though.

[/quote]

He said a deal couldn''t be agreed, that doesn''t mean finances

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As above,

And why is travelling to Norwich suddenly a problem now??? It wasnt for the while of last season.