Sign in to follow this  
Canary Tyke

Automatic Season Ticket renewals

There seems to be enough evidence of individual cases to merit an enquiry or at least a statement from the club.

Surely the point here is whether people who''d previously been on auto-renew (as some seemingly were) were told by the club that facility had been scrapped and they would have to renew manually for 2010/2011.If the renewal letter DIDN''T say that then the fault is the club''s and anyone who was forced to pay the final (high) prices would have a strong case for a refund down to the early prices.If, on the other hand, that infomation WAS included and some fans simply didn''t bother to read the letter properly then that is their fault.

I bloomin well hope my season ticket has been automatically renewed - otherwise who is it who has been taking money out of my account for the last few months?!

I pay by 12 month instalments, and when I got my renewal letter it said: "if we do not hear from you before the 22nd February 2010, we will proceed with the payment schedule as detailed"; it was the same last year.

In the last 24 hours i have received just one e-mail from somebody who has not been directly affected so there is no indication if this is a major problem I will speak to Richard Gough in the morning and report back on here when i have established was has been going on.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In the last 24 hours i have received just one e-mail from somebody who has not been directly affected so there is no indication if this is a major problem I will speak to Richard Gough in the morning and report back on here when i have established was has been going on.[/quote]

What has been going on not was has been going on.

The NCFC ''Automatic Ticket Renewal System'' is 100% efficient, and fully automated....

"Nothing can go wrong....go wrong....go wrong....go wrong....go wrong....click, whirr, fizz, bang....go wrong....go wrong....go wronggggggggg".....................................................................................

The club do appear to have stuffed up on this. We sit as a groupd of 5 and all pay monthly interest free for our season tickets. Three of us were automatically renewed, whilst the other two weren''t. By the time they had noticed the early renewal discounts had gone and they were charged the full wack.

[quote user="Metal Militia"]The club do appear to have stuffed up on this. We sit as a groupd of 5 and all pay monthly interest free for our season tickets. Three of us were automatically renewed, whilst the other two weren''t. By the time they had noticed the early renewal discounts had gone and they were charged the full wack.[/quote]Hmmm, I think if the club has cocked up, which it sounds like they have, they should be honouring the early renewal discount.

I have spoken to Richard Gough this morning and without going into specifics of individual cases i have been assured that anyone who was about to "lose" their season tickets at the final deadline date were contacted by the Club either by mail or phone.Richard went to great pains to tell me that the Club have no wish or desire for anybody to miss out on renewals but that there are as with all things some less than straightforward cases.

This a not a big issue as one or two on here have suggested and in fact the case which is the subject of this thread is the only one which has been brought to his attention.It is being dealt with and Richard is more than happy for anyone to contact him on 01603 218713(his direct No.) to explain and discuss any issues people may have over season tickets etc.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Metal Militia"]The club do appear to have stuffed up on this. We sit as a groupd of 5 and all pay monthly interest free for our season tickets. Three of us were automatically renewed, whilst the other two weren''t. By the time they had noticed the early renewal discounts had gone and they were charged the full wack.[/quote]

Hmmm, I think if the club has cocked up, which it sounds like they have, they should be honouring the early renewal discount.
[/quote]

Morty i will just say that if you received a letter or postcard from NCFC about your season ticket you would read it and not stick it behind the clock on the mantlepiece i assume? Nuff said if you know what i mean.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Metal Militia"]The club do appear to have stuffed up on this. We sit as a groupd of 5 and all pay monthly interest free for our season tickets. Three of us were automatically renewed, whilst the other two weren''t. By the time they had noticed the early renewal discounts had gone and they were charged the full wack.[/quote]Hmmm, I think if the club has cocked up, which it sounds like they have, they should be honouring the early renewal discount. [/quote]

Morty i will just say that if you received a letter or postcard from NCFC about your season ticket you would read it and not stick it behind the clock on the mantlepiece i assume? Nuff said if you know what i mean.

[/quote]Message received, loud and clear.[;)]

i had a season ticket for the best part of 19 years and paid in the various methods mentioned.. never once has it automatically renewed!

[quote user="Felixfan"]It really is a disgrace if loyal long standing season ticket holders have lost out because of this foul up. Perhaps as there is no longer an S.C.G. this could be taken up by N.C.I.S.A.[/quote]

I thought there were (SCG) working groups, one of which relates to ticket prices etc.? 

May be Lisa Q. (as a member of that working group) can give her view on the situation.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Sorry Jas but that''s totally wrong.  I have always had a one-year ticket and has been renewed automatically the last two or three seasons.  My dad''s tickets has, luckily, been renwed automatically again this year.[/quote]

I pay for my season ticket by direct debit.

About a year or so ago there was a discussion on this bb. about the application of automatic renewal of season tickets (for those using direct debit) unless you opted to cancel your season. At the time of that discussion people were reminded by one or more posters that there was some wording on the renewal form the previous year (i.e. spring 2008).

Come renewal time this year I had to fill in a form giving my banking details....i.e. they have gone back to the old way of renewing my season ticket.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Metal Militia"]The club do appear to have stuffed up on this. We sit as a groupd of 5 and all pay monthly interest free for our season tickets. Three of us were automatically renewed, whilst the other two weren''t. By the time they had noticed the early renewal discounts had gone and they were charged the full wack.[/quote]

Hmmm, I think if the club has cocked up, which it sounds like they have, they should be honouring the early renewal discount.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I also got the Lambert postcard but I was going to renew anyway.

So more than 18500 fans sucessfully renewed their season tickets before the first deadline and a few didn''t manage it.....

Hardly a disgrace as some have mentioned - the term operator error springs to mind. Harsh but fair probably....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]It really is a disgrace if loyal long standing season ticket holders have lost out because of this foul up. Perhaps as there is no longer an S.C.G. this could be taken up by N.C.I.S.A.[/quote]

I thought there were (SCG) working groups, one of which relates to ticket prices etc.? 

May be Lisa Q. (as a member of that working group) can give her view on the situation.

[/quote]

I thought the SCG was no more.

Didn''t Mr McNally give it the ol'' heave ho shortly after he arrived at Carrow Road ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I thought the SCG was no more.

Didn''t Mr McNally give it the ol'' heave ho shortly after he arrived at Carrow Road ?

[/quote]The SCG was only sort of disbanded. What the club said was this:

Although as part of the changes the main meetings of the Supporters

Consultative Group will no longer take place, streamlined and

target-focussed supporter working groups will continue to meet with Club

officials to consult on a wide range of key areas, including:

- Ticketing- Supporter Experience (Home and Away)- Disabled

Supporters- Long-Distance Supporters- Young Supporters

---

And yes, the club can''t spell "focused"...[8-|]

Anyone taking 12 month interest free D/D gets auto renew unless you tell ticket office otherwise.

Big mess this year though as my ticket got renewed automaticly but my two boy''s tickets didn''t, had to call to renew them. Got told by ticket office that they hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets!! No reason given why this was the case.

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Anyone taking 12 month interest free D/D gets auto renew unless you tell ticket office otherwise.

Big mess this year though as my ticket got renewed automaticly but my two boy''s tickets didn''t, had to call to renew them. Got told by ticket office that they hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets!! No reason given why this was the case.[/quote]No they don''t, I didn''t.[:)]

My mates ticket (who sits next to me in the Barclay) renewed automatically, mine however didn''t despite renewing automatically the year before. I assumed it would but glad I phoned the ticket office the day before the cut off date just to make sure! The lady on the phone told me they hadn''t had time to renew all of them so it would appear it was a case of pot luck!!!

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Anyone taking 12 month interest free D/D gets auto renew unless you tell ticket office otherwise. .[/quote]

Pay by direct debit - interest free

Renewal methods:

Up to and including spring 2008 - manual renewal

spring 2009 - automatic renewal

spring 2010 - manual renewal by filing in the form

I think this was where the problem arose when for whatever reason the club changed methods of renewal in mid stream. Some people checked and were then o.k.Some missed first deadline and in rare cases lost their seats. The club has promised to look into any cases where fans have been disadvantaged. They have not admitted there was a problem and I think all we want is some clarity next year eg auto or not.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I think this was where the problem arose when for whatever reason the club changed methods of renewal in mid stream. Some people checked and were then o.k.Some missed first deadline and in rare cases lost their seats. The club has promised to look into any cases where fans have been disadvantaged. They have not admitted there was a problem and I think all we want is some clarity next year eg auto or not.[/quote]

I thought Mzzz Quatrominni sat on the SCG sub group that still deals with ticketing etc Felixfan? Since the main meetings have been done away with i have not read a single word from her on here.Now don''t get me wrong as i am not losing any sleep over it but i find it strange that she has not commented on this thread.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I think this was where the problem arose when for whatever reason the club changed methods of renewal in mid stream. Some people checked and were then o.k.Some missed first deadline and in rare cases lost their seats. The club has promised to look into any cases where fans have been disadvantaged. They have not admitted there was a problem and I think all we want is some clarity next year eg auto or not.[/quote]With respect, it doesn''t look as if altering the system in itself was the problem. If people were told in their renewal letter that the system had been changed to manual (and that seems to be what Tangible is saying, because he mentions a form that had to be filled in) then the club had done its duty. It can hardly be blamed if fans simply didn''t read the renewal letter properly. If, on the other hand, the letter didn''t spell that out then it is the club''s fault.The question is still a simple one - what did the renewal letters say.

I have in front of me right now the magazine posted out to all season ticket holders titled "We Are Norwich".

Page two bears the big headline......SEASON TICKETS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

The left hand column has a paragraph.....IT''S EASY TO RENEW.

The last sentence of that paragraph................."If you paid by direct debit for your existing season ticket,it may have been renewed automatically for you.Check your renewal letter for details"

The importance of the words MAY and CHECK YOUR RENEWAL LETTER FOR DETAILS should really have made it clear to everyone........or maybe not it seems.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Felixfan"]I think this was where the problem arose when for whatever reason the club changed methods of renewal in mid stream. Some people checked and were then o.k.Some missed first deadline and in rare cases lost their seats. The club has promised to look into any cases where fans have been disadvantaged. They have not admitted there was a problem and I think all we want is some clarity next year eg auto or not.[/quote]

With respect, it doesn''t look as if altering the system in itself was the problem. If people were told in their renewal letter that the system had been changed to manual (and that seems to be what Tangible is saying, because he mentions a form that had to be filled in) then the club had done its duty. It can hardly be blamed if fans simply didn''t read the renewal letter properly. If, on the other hand, the letter didn''t spell that out then it is the club''s fault.

The question is still a simple one - what did the renewal letters say.

[/quote]

At the time I dealt with the form I had forgotten that I was on the automatic scheme a year ago and it seemed to me to be the usual type of form for manual renewal.

As said before, if you have a problem just talk with Richard Gough.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]I think this was where the problem arose when for whatever reason the club changed methods of renewal in mid stream. Some people checked and were then o.k.Some missed first deadline and in rare cases lost their seats. The club has promised to look into any cases where fans have been disadvantaged. They have not admitted there was a problem and I think all we want is some clarity next year eg auto or not.[/quote]

I thought Mzzz Quatrominni sat on the SCG sub group that still deals with ticketing etc Felixfan? Since the main meetings have been done away with i have not read a single word from her on here.Now don''t get me wrong as i am not losing any sleep over it but i find it strange that she has not commented on this thread.

[/quote]

Amazing how LQ. is not communicating with the fans over this issue.

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Anyone taking 12 month interest free D/D gets auto renew unless you tell ticket office otherwise. Big mess this year though as my ticket got renewed automaticly but my two boy''s tickets didn''t, had to call to renew them. Got told by ticket office that they hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets!! No reason given why this was the case.[/quote]

Does anyone accept "hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets" as an acceptable explanation? By the way, I haven''t had time to get to work today. Think I will try that and see what happens.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Anyone taking 12 month interest free D/D gets auto renew unless you tell ticket office otherwise. Big mess this year though as my ticket got renewed automaticly but my two boy''s tickets didn''t, had to call to renew them. Got told by ticket office that they hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets!! No reason given why this was the case.[/quote]

Does anyone accept "hadn''t had time to renew all of the tickets" as an acceptable explanation? By the way, I haven''t had time to get to work today. Think I will try that and see what happens.

[/quote]The club were well aware that those last couple of months of the season were going to be very busy for the ticket office. If they weren''t 100% certain they had the staff and the available hours to process every application that they promised would be auto-renewed, then they shouldn''t have offered the service.