Sign in to follow this  
Canary Tyke

Automatic Season Ticket renewals

I think the ticket office would be the first to admit they''ve cocked this one up.  I believe that the club had hoped to process all of the current DD season ticket holders for another season of automatic renewal (as was the case for current DD season ticket holder for the 2008/9 season).  However, due to i) the club severely reducing the number of staff within the ticket office during the week, and ii) the club wanting to issue the season ticket application packs very quickly post the great 5-0 win at Colchester (for obvious reasons), this was just not achievable in the timeframe, so the decision was made to send out applications as they stood (some automatic, some manual).  As already stated this was made clear in the correspondence and was also spoken about on here at the time.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I think the ticket office would be the first to admit they''ve cocked this one up.  I believe that the club had hoped to process all of the current DD season ticket holders for another season of automatic renewal (as was the case for current DD season ticket holder for the 2008/9 season).  However, due to i) the club severely reducing the number of staff within the ticket office during the week, and ii) the club wanting to issue the season ticket application packs very quickly post the great 5-0 win at Colchester (for obvious reasons), this was just not achievable in the timeframe, so the decision was made to send out applications as they stood (some automatic, some manual).  As already stated this was made clear in the correspondence and was also spoken about on here at the time.
[/quote]

Surely Matt the first sentence and the last sentence of  your post are somewhat contradictory.You say the Ticket office "cocked this one up" but then say that "this was made clear in the correspondence".

Now call me old fashioned but if i recieve correspondence about my season ticket i read it and act upon what it says.I do not ignore it or gloss over the content as has been the case with a few people.

It''s all about the need for blame I guess. It''s easier to blame the club than to hold up your hands and admit you messed up.

But support for the club from certain quarters is refreshing to see. I think we are all sick of the "blame game".

[quote user="morty"]I blame Delia.
[/quote]

Ultimately she must carry the can Morty.

The buck always stops at the top you know. Us supporters and the ticket office staff are just extras in the bigger picture. I''m just surprised it took so long[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The buck always stops at the top you know. Us supporters and the ticket office staff are just extras in the bigger picture. I''m just surprised it took so long[:O]

[/quote]

It''s a bit like when you lose 1-4 at home to Burnley at the end of a few dodgy performances by the team,as you say Nutty the buck stops at the top.In that case Delia and the directors were just extras in the bigger picture.

Yes indeed Tilly. The "blame game" can be quite indiscriminate. But as long as they get their pound of flesh and someone gets to carry the can it''s ok!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a bit like when you lose 1-4 at home to Burnley at the end of a few dodgy performances by the team,as you say Nutty the buck stops at the top.In that case Delia and the directors were just extras in the bigger picture.

[/quote]

In fairness, I think the Directors acknowledged that they were fully responsible and, as soon as they identified the person who was responsible, they got rid.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I think the ticket office would be the first to admit they''ve cocked this one up.  I believe that the club had hoped to process all of the current DD season ticket holders for another season of automatic renewal (as was the case for current DD season ticket holder for the 2008/9 season).  However, due to i) the club severely reducing the number of staff within the ticket office during the week, and ii) the club wanting to issue the season ticket application packs very quickly post the great 5-0 win at Colchester (for obvious reasons), this was just not achievable in the timeframe, so the decision was made to send out applications as they stood (some automatic, some manual).  As already stated this was made clear in the correspondence and was also spoken about on here at the time.
[/quote]

Why don''t they then?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Why don''t they then?

[/quote]

I just wonder how many people who are pointing the finger at the ticket office have taken up Richard Gough''s offer to speak to him on his direct line No.218713 as previously posted on here by me on Monday and voice their opinions on the matter.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness, I think the Directors acknowledged that they were fully responsible and, as soon as they identified the person who was responsible, they got rid.

[/quote]

Now that is an interesting take on the demise of Norwich City FC between promotion to the Premiership and the Colchester game in August 2009.

The directors acknowledged they were fully responsible and identified the problem.

Webbo i for one will have a pint of whatever you have been on!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Where is the voice of the fans, LQ.?[/quote]Has it ever occurred to you that she may not read this board anymore? And, scrawling her name with your crayons is hardly likely to encourage her back, so why don''t you do something about instead? As a qualified member of C.G.F.P.A. and NCISA committee member, surely a phone call from you on fans behalf would make the Stowmarket Two sit up and take notice. For someone who exposed our devious board over form 288b, this exercise should be simple in comparison. [^o)][+o(]

Tilly has already answered this to be honest.The answer is to read your letters properly and act accordingly.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Tilly has already answered this to be honest.

The answer is to read your letters properly and act accordingly.[/quote]You know that.......

I know that.......

Everybody knows that.......

except poor Tangy, bless him!

[:''(][:''(][:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="morty"]Tilly has already answered this to be honest.

The answer is to read your letters properly and act accordingly.[/quote]You know that.......

I know that.......

Everybody knows that.......

except poor Tangy, bless him!

[:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

You got a season ticket then?

Well if you are upset by not sitting with your mates you should have renewed with the ticket office like other season ticket holders do!!!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]You got a season ticket then?[/quote]Do I need one to post on here?[:^)][/quote]

No you don''t have to have a season ticket to post on this forum....But if you haven''t had a season ticket application form through your letterbox....Are you actually qualified to pass comment on it?

I suspect you don''t have a season ticket....But don''t let an unquantified dig at another poster spoil your fun.

I have renewed my season ticket....and it''s for NCFC, and not NUFC.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]No you don''t have to have a season ticket to post on this forum....But if you haven''t had a season ticket application form through your letterbox....Are you actually qualified to pass comment on it?

I suspect you don''t have a season ticket....But don''t let an unquantified dig at another poster spoil your fun.

I have renewed my season ticket....and it''s for NCFC, and not NUFC.....

[/quote]And of course, you would never have a dig at another poster! lol.

Dunno where the Newcastle bit comes into it though. Whenever I think of Newcastle I always think of Newcastle Brown ale.

You always come across as more of a bitter man.

Show Logo

an Episode Guide

Last Series Summer 2010

"Norwich Fraudster"

After some Season ticket renewals went wrong in Norwich, Tangie calls for some help from "The Voice of The Fans" LQ. Lapp and Morty feel that there is no need for LQ to be involved because Commander Tilson of the nCIsA has already investigated then renewals and cleared the club of all blame. But is Lapp a Season Ticket Holder?? Some suspect not so Spender is reluctantly called back from his native Newcastle for what he thinks is a one off assignment to try and get evidence against a Pink Un Poster, Lappinitup, to prove he is a fake Season Ticket Holder.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Show Logo

an Episode Guide

Last Series Summer 2010

"Norwich Fraudster"

After some Season ticket renewals went wrong in Norwich, Tangie calls for some help from "The Voice of The Fans" LQ. Lapp and Morty feel that there is no need for LQ to be involved because Commander Tilson of the nCIsA has already investigated then renewals and cleared the club of all blame. But is Lapp a Season Ticket Holder?? Some suspect not so Spender is reluctantly called back from his native Newcastle for what he thinks is a one off assignment to try and get evidence against a Pink Un Poster, Lappinitup, to prove he is a fake Season Ticket Holder.......

[/quote]

Banjo Boy''s back.....[8]"Don''t step on his blue suede flip-flops"....[8]

[8]"Do, do, do, the Norfolk Fen-Gibbon...Here''s nutless just show you how....Ooh ooh eeh ooh"....[8] 

By the way, your beloved Doherty''s gone.....I notice you haven''t passed comment yet?....You still shell-suit shocked?

C''mon, gimme six........Yeah!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I suspect you don''t have a season ticket....But don''t let an unquantified dig at another poster spoil your fun.

[/quote]

[img]http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/JoeHollon/2010-02-14_202320_KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I suspect you don''t have a season ticket....But don''t let an unquantified dig at another poster spoil your fun.

[/quote]

[img]http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/JoeHollon/2010-02-14_202320_KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

You like to dish it out.....but you don''t like it flying back at you......Choppercrite.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that is an interesting take on the demise of Norwich City FC between promotion to the Premiership and the Colchester game in August 2009.

The directors acknowledged they were fully responsible and identified the problem.

Webbo i for one will have a pint of whatever you have been on!

[/quote]

I think there may have been an element of misreading here - it actually said "identified the person and got rid". The double dose of irony and sarcasm obviously didn''t come across too well - sorry! Incidentally, it was that Irish cider stuff tonight.

Cpl Ludd,

As Morty has correctly pointed out the issue has been dealt with by Tilly.

However it doesn''t stop the question being asked as to why LQ. hasn''t commented on this issue, after all she is on the relevant working party. I was led to believe that she was representing the fans.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Cpl Ludd,

However it doesn''t stop the question being asked as to why LQ. hasn''t commented on this issue, after all she is on the relevant working party. I was led to believe that she was representing the fans.[/quote]Does that mean she''s obliged to log on to this site then Tangy?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Cpl Ludd,

However it doesn''t stop the question being asked as to why LQ. hasn''t commented on this issue, after all she is on the relevant working party. I was led to believe that she was representing the fans.[/quote]Does that mean she''s obliged to log on to this site then Tangy?

[/quote]

Being a member of the relevant working party she (and/or  the other members) would be an appropriate person to be involved regarding the issue raised on this thread.  Its called representing the fans.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Being a member of the relevant working party she (and/or  the other members) would be an appropriate person to be involved regarding the issue raised on this thread.  Its called representing the fans.[/quote]To do as you suggest would mean she would have to log on to every NCFC message board on a daily basis just in case someone had started a thread that may concern her. Wouldn''t it be easier if said fan contacted the club direct?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Being a member of the relevant working party she (and/or  the other members) would be an appropriate person to be involved regarding the issue raised on this thread.  Its called representing the fans.[/quote]To do as you suggest would mean she would have to log on to every NCFC message board on a daily basis just in case someone had started a thread that may concern her. Wouldn''t it be easier if said fan contacted the club direct?[/quote]

Tilly has given Richard Goughs telephone number and yes people can pick up the dog and bone and talk to Richard direct.

However we shouldn''t forget that LQ. was posting on this bb quite often and I believe it was her who posted about reprsenting the fans.