Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Formations minus Damo

Ok, in true NW style, lets stop crying and turn our attentions to a new look midfield. So many permeations but i like:

--------------Green--------------

Eddie----Flem----Charlton----Drury

Johnson---Safri---Mullers---Brennan

-----------Leon---Sven-----------

Subs: Huckerby, Bentley, Helveg, Doc, Ward

SHOCK HORROR Huckerby on the bench! I know it''s not going to happen but i think he could do with a rest. At least from 90 mins of running his but off. And i want to see a left footer on the wing. And i also think he''d be the most lethal super sub in the league!

How about this:

------------  Green -----------

Edworthy Fleming Charlton Drury

Bentley  Mulryne  Jonson  Hucks

------   Mckenzie  Sven ----

I think we need to have power and height in the middle of the park.  I can''t see either Holt or Safri giving us that, but I think Jonson could do the job, getting up and down, competing in the middle and most importantly getting into the box as a threat.

OTBC

But we all know what it will be anyway - same as last sat with Holt in for francis. No point debating, it''s the way Worthy works.

Hope I''m proved wrong: I''d like to see Safri play now Ramadan is over

My team would be ---------------Green-------------Helveg----Charlton----Fleming----DruryBentley----Mulryne----Safri---Huckerby-----------Svensson---McKenzie--------Jonson to get a good run out in the second half, maybe even play him ahead of safri. Think we need to give Helveg a run of games for him to prove himself before January.

[quote]How about this: ------------ Green ----------- Edworthy Fleming Charlton Drury Bentley Mulryne Jonson Hucks ------ Mckenzie Sven ---- I think we need to have power and height in the middle...[/quote]

I''d have:

Green

Eddy Flem Charlie Drury

Bents Mullers Safri Hucks

Neon Sven

[quote]How about this: ------------ Green ----------- Edworthy Fleming Charlton Drury Bentley Mulryne Jonson Hucks ------ Mckenzie Sven ---- I think we need to have power and height in the middle...[/quote]

magic eyes, I don''t understand, where is the height and power is in your midfield formation? I would imagine holt is as tall as Jonson and Mulryne is not tall or powerful? 

-------------Green-------------Helveg---Doherty---Charlton---Drury--Bentley---Mullers---Safri------------------Hucks--------------------Jonson-------Svensson------

Green

Edworthy  Helveg  Charlton  Drury

Bentley  Holt  Safri  Huckerby

Jonson   MacKenzie

[quote]Green Edworthy Helveg Charlton Drury Bentley Holt Safri Huckerby Jonson MacKenzie[/quote]

And you''re dropping Mulryne because...?

If you want the team to lack somebody who wants and demands the ball (and can control the midfield and actually pick out passes successfully) then take Mulryne out!

I think Jonson could do a job in centre midfield next to Mulryne, he could do the Damien role pretty well, and if he has a good chance at goal, I''d back him to score every time. If not, then give Helveg some games there; I''m sure he wants to prove something to Worthington and he''s a class act; form is temporary, class is permanent. He wasn''t that bad against Everton (Wasn''t the only one on that day to under-perform in the first half) and people seem to forget he put in two bone-crunching tackles, one that nearly killed David Weir (I think) and another in the middle of the park that set Leon away to attack. Helveg just tried to make things happen too soon in that game. He deserves another chance alongside Phil Mulryne. Helveg making the tackles, using his experience, allowing Mulryne to pull the strings.

Football management: a piece of piss

I like your side old boy, but would prefer Mulryne instead of Holt.  Then I would have Ward, Brennan, Doherty, Jarvis and Crow on the bench.

you lot make me laugh you say the team will be this and that but u know what it is going to be green in goal , eddy , flem , charlie , drury , bentley , holt , mullers , hucks , sven and mcken he will notr drop holt for a game cause hes to scaRED to , how can we play holt , hes a good player but not in the premiership for sven he''s no good in the premiership take holt out and sven out replace them with safri and jonson we''ll win 3-0 tomorrow no probs

Come on peeps we all know that the only change will be Holt for Francis.

With all the Helveg press I wouldn''t be surprised if he doesn''t even get on the bench as a point from Worthy.  Please let Worthy play him and give him a run please.

No, please don''t use Francis''s absence as an excuse to try Jonson again.

Play Helveg in midfield - i thought the consensus was that he can play anywhere as long its right-back ?

My choice :-

Green

Huckerby Holt Safri Francis Brennan

McKenzie

subs

Ward Shackell Jonson Svennson Bentley

[quote]-------------Green-------------Helveg---Doherty---Charlton---Drury--Bentley---Mullers---Safri------------------Hucks--------------------Jonson-------Svensson------[/quote]

If we play that team Bunny I''ll give you £5

FilletTheFish.......i think you mean Mulryne instead of Francis! My team for saturday would be...

Green

Helveg            Shackell         Charlton         Drury

Holt

Bentley           Mulryne          Safri            Huckerby

Mckenzie

surley safri has to play thats the reason worthy bought him in, to compete with bently,holt,francis & mullers.

if he dosnt play some part in tomorrows clash at st. andrews then i think he will be on his way along with helveg & doherty

Fatboy Slimfast...well spotted. a touch of immediate amnesia there...

Meant it to be :-

Green

Huckerby Holt Safri Mulryne Brennan

McKenzie

subs

Ward Shackell Jonson Svennson Bentley

[quote]If we play that team Bunny I''ll give you £5[/quote]

Yeah, well I am in the top 3% of fantasy premier league managers (on the FA premier league site). I''m sure Worthy reads my posts all the time.