Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TWTD - David Wright

Ipswich fans on TWTD are posting that David Wright is going to sign for us.  Apparently he refused to play for them yesterday

Lol, not going to happen.I''d rather play Rudd next season than get him in.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, not going to happen.

I''d rather play Rudd next season than get him in.
[/quote]

morty, I think your thinking of richard wright- theyr goalkeeper- david wright is a defender

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, not going to happen.I''d rather play Rudd next season than get him in.[/quote]

morty, I think your thinking of richard wright- theyr goalkeeper- david wright is a defender

[/quote]Ah right, my mistake lol.I don''t want any scum cast offs regardless.[:D]

I seem to remember he played a few games for us on loan (from Wigan?) and looked pretty decent.

A few years ago now though...

Wright would be a cracking signing in my opinion.

Although ideally a RB, more than decent at LB and can cover CB in an emergency too.

Would be a free transfer, and just the kind of player we need.

The story is, essentially, Keane is an ego-maniac who his own (and often useless) players on massively over-valued wages...

David Wright is arguably Ipswich''s best (most consistent at least) player. Stealing him would be one hell of a coup!

Can see this happening too for many reasons. He''s been here before, might not want to move from the area, and might want to prove Keane wrong in the best way possible.

I''d be delighted if we get him, as many ITFC fans want to keep him.

My friend went to the Ipswich awards evening last night and spoke to David Wright  about the Norwich rumours. He hasn''t heard anything from us and says its just message board chat but when she asked if he would be interested in playing for us he said he wouldnt rule it out if an offer came in.

Oh right, if it would annoy the scum fans then of course I would welcome him with open arms.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Whats the story behind him refusing to play then?
[/quote]

He was only maybe going to be named in the 18 man squad and wouldn''t have been in the starting line up anyway.

Story is that both the Wrights after being told they were going to be released  turned up for training and said they were carrying an injury so didn''t want to sit on the bench.

Guess its like when you work in an office, if you''re told you''re going to be made redundant next Friday but are expected to work for another week would you be arsed?

Think out of all the players he''s releasing D Wright is the one they are most annoyed about and he has played a lot of games for them this season.

I would welcome him if Lambert decides he''d be a good addition, plus he has played for us before.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Whats the story behind him refusing to play then?[/quote]

He was only maybe going to be named in the 18 man squad and wouldn''t have been in the starting line up anyway.

Story is that both the Wrights after being told they were going to be released  turned up for training and said they were carrying an injury so didn''t want to sit on the bench.

Guess its like when you work in an office, if you''re told you''re going to be made redundant next Friday but are expected to work for another week would you be arsed?

Think out of all the players he''s releasing D Wright is the one they are most annoyed about and he has played a lot of games for them this season.

I would welcome him if Lambert decides he''d be a good addition, plus he has played for us before.

[/quote]I can''t actually remember if he was good for us or not, there were so many loan players through the revolving door at that time.

[quote user="morty"]

I can''t actually remember if he was good for us or not, there were so many loan players through the revolving door at that time.
[/quote]

I can''t either if I''m honest lol, can''t even remember how many times he played for us or why we didn''t sign him but I''m sure someone will remember

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

I can''t actually remember if he was good for us or not, there were so many loan players through the revolving door at that time.[/quote]

I can''t either if I''m honest lol, can''t even remember how many times he played for us or why we didn''t sign him but I''m sure someone will remember

[/quote]He played 4 or 5 times for us as I recall and looked very tidy,but Worthington decided he was not worth pursuing.One of his many mistakes he made after 2003/2004!

I''d be more than happy to have him, solid RB that would do a job.

No apparently Richard Wright wants to sign for us too! Some Ipswich fans I know said that he wont be playing for Ipswich and he loves living in East Anglia and doesn''t want to move. I said why doesn''t he go to Colchester but they said Wright thinks he is too good for league 1 and that he will only play in the Championship! So Norwich would be ideal! There''s no way we would want to sign him! If he''s only good enough for the Championship then why hasn''t he been in their 1st team? He''s ancient compared to Forster and Alnwick!

Given the choice between Forster or Wright, it''s Forster for me. The only way I''d bring R.Wright in is if he was on drastically decreased wages and merely served as a number 2 to Forster, passing on experience but essentially only being used as back up. David Wright would be a good signing for me, and with a keeper like Forster as well I think that''s a great starting point for building up our strength next season. I say go for him!

David Wright is mainly a Right Back & i''d personally like to see Mickey Spillane given a good run in the team as I think that he''s developing nicely.I''d hope that we''d have a bit more ambition than signing cast offs from those lot anyhow.

[quote user="Kev Banham"]David Wright is mainly a Right Back & i''d personally like to see Mickey Spillane given a good run in the team as I think that he''s developing nicely.I''d hope that we''d have a bit more ambition than signing cast offs from those lot anyhow.[/quote]I too am a Spillane fan, but no player in the team has any divine right to a starting place. A bit of competition between the two could do wonders. It''s not like either will be able to play every single minute of every single game (well, it does happen from time to time but it''s a rare thing). Plus, as cast off''s from down the road go, he''d relish the chance to play under a manager who isn''t a complete arsehole. And hey, if he doesn''t do the business then Lambert is sensible enough to give Spillane a go in his place.

I thought David Wright was a very tidy player, but comparing him to our other options at right back at the time, Matthieu Louis-Jean, and Jurgen Colin he didn’t really have to be that good. In the 2005/06 season, we even had an aging Fleming at right back when we beat Sheffield United 2-1 (the Warnock v-sign game).

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, not going to happen.

I''d rather play Rudd next season than get him in.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, not going to happen.I''d rather play Rudd next season than get him in.[/quote]

[/quote]Ah right, my mistake lol.I don''t want any scum cast offs regardless.[:D][/quote]One of a few occasions Wright can be wrong [:P]

I thought David Wright did ok for us. But it really was just "ok".

Can''t say I''d be in a hurry to replace R Martin with him.

David Wright is decent. But is he that much better than either Spillane or Martin that it is worth signing him and having to offload one of the other 2? Not in my opinion

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Whats the story behind him refusing to play then?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t actually remember if he was good for us or not, there were so many loan players through the revolving door at that time.
[/quote]

He played well for us on loan and was highly rated when he was a RB at Crewe before moving onto Wigan. I also think he has Premier League experience.

On the 1st May 2010 he turned 30 but he should be good enough for a couple of seasons at least.

A bargain for a free transfer!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

David Wright is decent. But is he that much better than either Spillane or Martin that it is worth signing him and having to offload one of the other 2? Not in my opinion

[/quote]

Fair point but may be it depends on whether Lambert thinks of Spillane as primarily a CB or RB?

Can someone at Archant clear this up for me??

I''ve read it 3 times and still don''t see where he is hinting at joining us..... (''sources in Suffolk'' translates lazy journalism to me but I''m no expert)

Defender David Wright has suggested he would like to return to Norwich City after his release from rivals Ipswich Town.

The 30-year-old full-back has been not been offered a new deal by Blues manager Roy Keane and missed their 3-0 home defeat to Sheffield United on the final day of the Championship season on Sunday.

But sources in Suffolk believe the player would be keen for another spell at Carrow Road having made five appearances on loan for City at the end of 2005 - if boss Paul Lambert was interested in him.

The right-back admitted he would love to remain in East Anglia and play in the Coca-Cola Championship despite admitting he was ''devastated'' to be released by the Tractor Boys after 128 appearances.

“It has come as a shock and I''m devastated,” said the defender.

“I thought I''d done enough to be offered a new deal.

“I saw the manager on Tuesday and he said some nice things about me, but that he was looking in a new direction. It is not a decision I agree with, but I have to respect it.

“Along with the rest of my family I love living in the area and I have loved playing for Ipswich Town.

“Apart from gaining promotion to the Premier League, which was my goal when I arrived from Wigan, I have had a great time.

“I already have irons in the fire for next season and will now be looking into setting up the next stage of my career.

“I want to stay at Championship level and this is where I am looking.”

With City returning to the Championship next season, a move to Carrow Road would certainly reduce the upheaval for Wright and his family.

Long-serving goalkeeper Richard Wright has also been told his Ipswich career is over and both Wrights missed Sunday''s finale against the Blades - with Keane intimating it was the players'' decision not to be involved.

“A couple of players today missed the game through injury, David Wright and Richard Wright,” said Keane.

“They didn''t make themselves available for today, and they would have been involved, most definitely.

“Strangely they turned in for training yesterday not 100 per cent fit. One trained and then walked in after half an hour saying he wasn''t right. But there you go.”