Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Sounds like Doc will get a new contract

I was talking about your stupid comment about foreigners that was directed towards me so poorly that it was easy to turn around to being about anyone, and I chose you since the rest of your comment about it fir so well.

How stupid are you if you need me to explain your own comment???, the gut?

What simpletons read as gibberish, educated people can see is humorous retorts to your unfounded idiocy.

Regardless of the source, there are frequent rumors for players going to other teams, and this area of the discussion (Gary Doherty) seems to be void of anything. Popular or not, famous or not, pretty much any player that could fit into another team''s system (or be so good like GD the team would alter their system to land such a star) there has been no hint of interest in him from the people who know footy the best, other teams.

Have any of the former NCFC managers who supposedly loved him made any attempt to get him to the teams they moved to? Oh, wait a second, none of them got club jobs, maybe because no club was willing to hire them for being so dedicated to such a liablitlity!

happy clapper said

Because Doc likes Norwich, and therefore each time he''s been up for renewal he has accepted a new contract from Norwich City.

apart from the time when he demanded a higher contract because he was bigger than his previous contract

he is only at norwich because we are the only team stupid enough to pay him high wages

[quote user="tom1902"]happy clapper said Because Doc likes Norwich, and therefore each time he''s been up for renewal he has accepted a new contract from Norwich City. apart from the time when he demanded a higher contract because he was bigger than his previous contract he is only at norwich because we are the only team stupid enough to pay him high wages[/quote]

Now I was told that at long last we had a manager who had all this worked out and that Docs days were numbered.

In Lambert we trust, his first choice is Spillane and Nelson.

And Doc is free to find another club.

What can have gone wrong..

I wonder about some posters sometimes...

Anybody would think Doc played for ipswich.

I don''t think he is precious to Lambert. Didn''t Lambert tell him to find another club.

What do you think of Gareth McAuley [:^)]

Maybe,unlike the last few managers,Lambert realises that we need decent cover in case of injuries,suspensions etc. It''s quite simple really!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I was talking about your stupid comment about foreigners that was directed towards me so poorly that it was easy to turn around to being about anyone, and I chose you since the rest of your comment about it fir so well. How stupid are you if you need me to explain your own comment???, the gut? What simpletons read as gibberish, educated people can see is humorous retorts to your unfounded idiocy. Regardless of the source, there are frequent rumors for players going to other teams, and this area of the discussion (Gary Doherty) seems to be void of anything. Popular or not, famous or not, pretty much any player that could fit into another team''s system (or be so good like GD the team would alter their system to land such a star) there has been no hint of interest in him from the people who know footy the best, other teams. Have any of the former NCFC managers who supposedly loved him made any attempt to get him to the teams they moved to? Oh, wait a second, none of them got club jobs, maybe because no club was willing to hire them for being so dedicated to such a liablitlity![/quote]

If being intelligent meant being a tedious two hat and cons heated can''t like you I will endeavour to remain as thick as a brick. I can''t believe you even bothered explaining the flipped foreigner comment, I''d got that, not many over the age of eight wouldn''t, but why flip it, it doesn''t work (hence what the f*ck are you talking about?).  Highly intelligent people often border on being mad, perhaps they are the ones who find you humourous. I think you''re a joke, don''t confuse the two. You obviously receive a lot better news coverage than me, I haven''t heard frequent rumours about hardly any of our players going to other teams over the years, I did hear about Doc going to Watford or Plymouth, but that doesn''t count if you don''t want it to, does it. If only I was as intelligent as you, you fur king grate per rick. You are my favourite waste of time, and I love reading your posts it reminds me why I hate americans so much. 

YAWN!

The Plymouth and Watford rumors were for the same time he was free to leave. There were fans from those teams making comments along the lines of, "Oh dear God, no!" What about the other times? No interest.

My source of information is the PinkUn. Don''t you read the threads on the forums or the stories on the home page?

If you really think I am a joke and really hate Americans, then too bad for you-ahhhhh! You cannot escape me or my country. We are everywhere. Your best bet would be to put on a fresh diaper and not come back here until you grow a pair. HA HA HA HA HA. Like my country''s super popular McDonald''s, I''m lovin'' it! I bet you have your hated American hamburgers at Wimpy just to spite me and suit you.

Just to add, I thought Doherty was actually very good yesterday. I the first half he was actually our most creative player, two or three excellent long passes from the back. And it''s another clean sheet to add to the team''s tally this season.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]YAWN! The Plymouth and Watford rumors were for the same time he was free to leave. There were fans from those teams making comments along the lines of, "Oh dear God, no!" What about the other times? No interest. My source of information is the PinkUn. Don''t you read the threads on the forums or the stories on the home page? If you really think I am a joke and really hate Americans, then too bad for you-ahhhhh! You cannot escape me or my country. We are everywhere. Your best bet would be to put on a fresh diaper and not come back here until you grow a pair. HA HA HA HA HA. Like my country''s super popular McDonald''s, I''m lovin'' it! I bet you have your hated American hamburgers at Wimpy just to spite me and suit you.[/quote]

So the rumours don''t count if he was free leave? Fair enough, but I thought that was the point you were making that there was no interest at all the times he was free to go. If I was as intelligent as you I''d do that too, just change my point if I can''t ignore it. Where did you learn that, please pass on your infinite wisdom.

Your source of info, is no greater than mine then, in fact a little less, can''t believe how you read far more transfer rumours than me then of all our other players over the years. Hold on.... this isn''t where you use your immense brainpower to come with another master stroke and just make something up to suit is it? Doh, why didn''t I think of that?

My feelings for you and your fellow countrymen is not too bad for me, it isn''t bad for me at all, it is good for me. I take comfort that I can see through your fat, plastic, arrogance and bull shit. Escaping from all things US is a speciality of mine, you are not everywhere in my life, only where and when I want you to be.

Don''t try your chat up lines and internet grooming on me, my parents have warned me about blokes like you.

No, I don''t like your popular McDonald''s, or even a Wimpy and don''t go near either it''s pure British beef for me direct from the local farmer, and that suits me just fine. 

I''ll give you props for determination, gut.

I acknowledged the Watford and Plymouth rumors, didn''t I? Did you acknowledge the rumored fan reaction from those teams?

Unlike you, I don''t have to purposely escape from any other culture because A) they don''t bother me and B) mine is everywhere anyways. It must be a nuisance having to duck away all the time.

I suppose you don''t wear blue jeans or listen to rock music or watch Family Guy. Thank goodness you can wear a kilt, tune into the opera station and watch Coronation Street on the other channel.

Good comeback with the chat up lines comment!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I''ll give you props for determination, gut. I acknowledged the Watford and Plymouth rumors, didn''t I? Did you acknowledge the rumored fan reaction from those teams? Unlike you, I don''t have to purposely escape from any other culture because A) they don''t bother me and B) mine is everywhere anyways. It must be a nuisance having to duck away all the time. I suppose you don''t wear blue jeans or listen to rock music or watch Family Guy. Thank goodness you can wear a kilt, tune into the opera station and watch Coronation Street on the other channel. Good comeback with the chat up lines comment![/quote]

Credit to you Houston, a post I can fully understand and have no real need to argue against.

Determination is a main character trait of mine that knows little bounds. I don''t deny the rumoured fan reactions you were correct, but there was rumoured interest which was the case I was making. Other cultures can bother me but I don''t allow them to, I don''t need to put in any effort to duck them, just casually brush them aside on my life''s journey. My hating is in generalisation, some americans I like. Just as I hate the police but like some individuals who are police. Jeans and rock music are acceptable where and when I want them to be, Family Guy once took up about 3 minutes of my life. No kilts, opera or Corrie for me but I get your gist.

I enjoy digging in my heels and taking a stance, too. No harm, no foul! Cheers. I misspoke about the complete lack of rumors, maybe you went a little overboard on hating America (or maybe you really do?) all that''s done here (at least by me) is for entertainment.

[quote user="tom1902"]happy clapper said

Because Doc likes Norwich, and therefore each time he''s been up for renewal he has accepted a new contract from Norwich City.

apart from the time when he demanded a higher contract because he was bigger than his previous contract

he is only at norwich because we are the only team stupid enough to pay him high wages[/quote]Well then we''ll see, I guess, because Paul Lambert is a good manager and if he offers Doc a contract then he must recognise Doc''s a good centre back.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I enjoy digging in my heels and taking a stance, too. No harm, no foul! Cheers. I misspoke about the complete lack of rumors, maybe you went a little overboard on hating America (or maybe you really do?) all that''s done here (at least by me) is for entertainment.[/quote]

Unfortunately it is pretty much an accurate reflection of me, but I am not unreasonable and can accept a truce in our cold war, will try to improve our relations but will still have my trident trained on you. This message board most certainly is part of my entertainment and perhaps enjoy it too much. Apolgies to you and anyone who may be offended for my crudeness. It may have been inappropriate at times.

No thanks. I am sure he deserved it, though. I am not sure what that has to do with anything I''ve written on this thread. I never said he was not playing well this season post-reinstatement.

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][quote user="tom1902"]happy clapper said Because Doc likes Norwich, and therefore each time he''s been up for renewal he has accepted a new contract from Norwich City. apart from the time when he demanded a higher contract because he was bigger than his previous contract he is only at norwich because we are the only team stupid enough to pay him high wages[/quote]

Well then we''ll see, I guess, because Paul Lambert is a good manager and if he offers Doc a contract then he must recognise Doc''s a good centre back.
[/quote]

Doc has been offered contracts by several City managers.   However, on at least one and possibly two occaisions if memory serves, he has delayed signing in order to see what other offers were out there.

Whether he eventually signed up here again because he loves Norwich too much or because no one else wanted him, only he knows.  It is safe to assume that he did not get an offer too good to refuse because he is still here.

There has never been a report of any club trying to buy him.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No thanks. I am sure he deserved it, though. I am not sure what that has to do with anything I''ve written on this thread. I never said he was not playing well this season post-reinstatement.[/quote]Bollocks.You have criticised him often in other threads all season.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No thanks. I am sure he deserved it, though. I am not sure what that has to do with anything I''ve written on this thread. I never said he was not playing well this season post-reinstatement.[/quote]You could admit he was playing well until you were blue in the face Houston and some posters still wouldn''t get the point that yourself and I are trying to make.I''m going to make a final attempt however...Ok, imagine you''re at a former championship club who had just been relegated to league one and you''re looking back at your teams performance in League One this year.You have a striker who has just come up through the youth system this season and has performed pretty well scoring a respectable amount of goals - does this make them good enough to repeat this performance in the Championship or even higher? The correct answer should be - we simply don''t know for sure. We can make guesses based on the back of the nature of his performances etc, but we simply will not know until he''s given the chance. It would not be totally unreasonable in this situation however to postulate that he may well be good enough, even if he doesn''t perform quite as strongly, purely because this single season is the only information we have to work from.Now imagine you''re at the same club, and you have another striker who has not only played in the top flight, but also for a number of years in the Championship. Their performances in general at that level have been nothing to write home about, in fact considering the quality of player they were meant to be, their performances have been pretty poor and they''ve scored virtually no goals despite 30+ apps a season. However, now that the player has dropped down to league one, they''ve performed at more like the sort of level they were meant to be, and have scored plenty of goals this season - albeit against poorer opposition than previously. Does this single season at a lower level mean that the player is good enough for the higher level, or does their previous poor record tell us far more? Again, the answer is not straightforward, because we have to ask what standard of team they were previously in, what sort of supply they received etc. The point I would make here is that even in poor teams with limited supply, a good striker will still perform well and score goals, and therefore in this case, we can see that the striker simply isn''t a top class player, and that league one is probably their level.The overall point I''m trying to illustrate here is that a single season of good performances at a lower level certainly does not guarantee or prove a players ability at a higher level - particularly when historically their performances at that higher level have been nothing to write home about. By applying this train of reasoning, it should be taken onboard that Doherty''s good season this year (even if it is a level or two below his supposed ability), should not automatically guarantee a new contract, because realistically his previous seasons at the higher level should be taken into consideration because they are arguably more relevant.But to be fair here, we should also look at 2 conflicting pieces of evidence, the first one stating that Doherty has been selected by every single manager since his arrival here, so he must be pretty good or why would each manager keep playing him? Fair question, and until there''s evidence to the contrary, it has to be accepted that it was because they thought he was a good enough player - although we do also have to consider the club''s financial status and level of competition for that place here as well.The second one is that despite Doherty''s contract twice being due for renewal during his stay here and being openly told he was free to leave, no other club ever made a firm offer for a transfer or loan for his services. Does this not strike a few as odd that a player the ''pro Doherty'' camp would rate highly, has never been approached for a move - even when we were playing poorly and looking to be struggling somewhat financially? Think of all the players the club has sold during his time here, ask yourself if you think they are better or worse players than Doherty, then ask the question as to why those players that were worse or equal to him got approached and he didn''t.And there''s the conflict, we''ve had a succession of managers (who most fans think were poor, Lambert and to a certain extent Worthy exempt) who gave him the playing time, yet no other manager in the league has looked at doing so. Again, we don''t know the reason here and any theories would be idle speculation, but I personally have to wonder why numerous other managers weren''t interested and ours were. Surely if he was Championship standard, then numerous championship clubs would have been all over him in regards to a free transfer (which has been available on 2-3 occasions during his stay here), and yet - nothing...And that''s the area of concern for fans like myself. We''ve seen him play in the Championship, and even if the squad wasn''t great, we simply haven''t rated his individual performances, and being told that single good season at a lower level is more than enough justification for a new contract is somewhat faulty reasoning. I have nothing personal against the guy, and will happily praise his performances this season for the team, but that doesn''t mean I''m simply going to forget about all the poor games I saw him play for us in the Championship, nor does it mean I''m going to advocate paying good wages to a player who has chronically failed to perform at the level we''re going to be playing at next season.I really do hope that this has clarified my own, and some other posters view on this subject. It''s not some personal vendetta against a player for no reason, it''s based on seeing repeated poor showings over a number of years, and just like some fans aren''t willing to forget about the mistakes the board has made based on the teams performance this season, I''m not willing to dismiss my concerns about a player purely because they have played well this season. If he gets the new contract and plays well for us next season I''ll be the first to agree that it was the right choice and give him credit for the performances, but I''m not just going to ignore his previous performances and blindly advocate the giving of a contract on the back of a single season in League One.

Lol, some people just won''t admit they got it wrong.Oh and I really couldn''t be arsed to read all that btw.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, some people just won''t admit they got it wrong.Oh and I really couldn''t be arsed to read all that btw.[/quote]And some people are so rude and arrogant, that they are unwilling to concede that someone else may have a valid opinion.At least I''m offering reasoning and a degree of substance to my opinion, which is far more than you are.If you''re able to respond in more than 2 sentences, how about offering fair reasons why you disagree with my opinion, and providing good reasoning about your own opinion, instead of just making snide comments and responses lacking any sort of substance???

i totally agree with indy

morty is obviously a bit stupid if he `cant be arsed` to listen to two sides of an arguement

[quote user="tom1902"]i totally agree with indy

morty is obviously a bit stupid if he `cant be arsed` to listen to two sides of an arguement[/quote]Lol, and here comes the other Doc hater.So, players that have played against him really didn''t agree with you or Indy, hence voting him one of the two best centre backs in the division, I know whose opinion I value most.And if Doc isn''t offered a new contract this year I shall personally apologise to you both.

[quote user="morty"]So, players that have played against him really didn''t agree with you or Indy, hence voting him one of the two best centre backs in the division, I know whose opinion I value most.[/quote]And this is why you should have bothered to read my post.IT''S NOT ALL ABOUT HIS PERFORMANCES THIS SEASON FFS!!!!!!!!PERFORMANCE OF A SUPPOSED CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AT LEAGUE ONE LEVEL SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED, PREVIOUS LACK OF PERFORMANCES AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL SHOULD RAISE CONCERNS ABOUT A PLAYERS ABILITY AT THAT LEVEL.A SINGLE GOOD SEASON AT A LOWER LEVEL DOES NOT DICTATE THE ABILITY OF A PLAYER TO PERFORM AT A HIGHER LEVEL, NOR SHOULD IT DICTATE REASONING FOR A NEW CONTRACT.How many f**king times do I need to repeat this???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]So, players that have played against him really didn''t agree with you or Indy, hence voting him one of the two best centre backs in the division, I know whose opinion I value most.[/quote]And this is why you should have bothered to read my post.IT''S NOT ALL ABOUT HIS PERFORMANCES THIS SEASON FFS!!!!!!!!PERFORMANCE OF A SUPPOSED CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AT LEAGUE ONE LEVEL SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED, PREVIOUS LACK OF PERFORMANCES AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL SHOULD RAISE CONCERNS ABOUT A PLAYERS ABILITY AT THAT LEVEL.A SINGLE GOOD SEASON AT A LOWER LEVEL DOES NOT DICTATE THE ABILITY OF A PLAYER TO PERFORM AT A HIGHER LEVEL, NOR SHOULD IT DICTATE REASONING FOR A NEW CONTRACT.How many f**king times do I need to repeat this???[/quote]Lol, repeat it all you like, and GET AS SHOUTY AS YOU LIKE.I still think you are talking dogwipe.[:)]

I can see Indy''s points and in some ways I agree that players "find thier level".

However, I think Doc brings more than just on the pitch influence. His experience and attitude is probably something that the club needed this season when dropping into a lower league. You could say the same for McVeigh.

I think its true to say that Doc wants to be playing for Noriwch and I think we should point out that a fondness and association to a club is something that many professional players lack in an industry full of money and greed.

At the end of the day Lambert will earn his money by spending his budget on his squad next season, if he wants Doherty to be part of it he will have to decide if it makes financial sense to have Doc on board for £x per week.

again !

my point isnt that he shouldnt get a new contract

just that he hasnt performed at championship level for us

and should i now refer to you as a doherty lover

[quote user="tom1902"]again !

my point isnt that he shouldnt get a new contract

just that he hasnt performed at championship level for us

and should i now refer to you as a doherty lover[/quote]So when Lambert gives him a new contract will you concede that your opinion is completely wrong?[:)]