Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

DELIA..More than `many` are happy with you now! so..

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.[/quote]Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???

[/quote]Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.[/quote]Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???

[/quote]Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?[/quote]To be fair MWJ has admitted that mistakes were made but I think it''s also fair to say that Delia probably remains in denial.The Smiths do however have a ruthless streak in them. I remember 1998 when two successive 5-0 home wins at the end of the season had saved us from last year''s fate. Manager Mike Walker, whose wife had been terminally ill, commented that Delia was a lovely lady......as long as you agreed with her !Bitter ? Maybe. Bearing in mind her considerable investment in NCFC she''s perfectly entitled to fight her corner but I suspect she might be a tad difficult at times.....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I should have added that although Delia uses the word "offer" it cannot actually - in strict takeover parlance - have been that, because an offer would have had to have been made public, to the shareholders. And if that had happened then any hidden advantages, such as paying off the debt, would have been revealed.So it can only have been what Cullum''s was, which was an informal proposal. I have said before that there is an incredibly simple way to test whether Delia really is prepared to sell up, and that is to make a formal offer that doesn''t benefit her but in every other way (paying off the debt, a promise of long-term funding etc) is fantastic for the club, and then see what her reaction is.And if whoever had put forward this informal £1 deal had actually been attaching all sorts of goodies on the lines indicated above then all they had to do was turn it into a formal offer. That they didn''t might suggest it really was just £1 and not a lot else.[/quote]

Or it might suggest that Delia said "Not a chance" to the informal proposal and whoever made it decided it wasn`t worth the time, expense and tumult of a formal offer which couldn`t possibly succeed.

[/quote]I didn''t know first-class postage was that expensive nowadays. It would, of course, take no time at all and a just few pounds to turn an informal proposal into a formal offer that Smith and Jones would have to pass on to shareholders.And if such an offer really was obviously a good one (ie, one that worked in the long term) then it would actually have an excellent chance of success. Smith and Jones (given what they have said on several occasions about being willing to step aside if the right offer came along) would find it very hard to fly in the face of public opinion and vote against.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?[/quote]To be fair MWJ has admitted that mistakes were made but I think it''s also fair to say that Delia probably remains in denial.The Smiths do however have a ruthless streak in them. I remember 1998 when two successive 5-0 home wins at the end of the season had saved us from last year''s fate. Manager Mike Walker, whose wife had been terminally ill, commented that Delia was a lovely lady......as long as you agreed with her !Bitter ? Maybe. Bearing in mind her considerable investment in NCFC she''s perfectly entitled to fight her corner but I suspect she might be a tad difficult at times.....

[/quote]She is a woman, that pretty much says it all lol.I''m sure she can be stubborn and opinionated, she is a fan after all! I just think that maybe its time to look forward instead of back, though some people will never drop it until her head is on a spike outside Carrow road.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]that idiot who said to you that many are STILL angry about last year and STILL blame you,should get his posterior down the city and have a chat with the faithfull in the bars on a saturday..Though you probably did make mistakes last year with appointments etc,you certainly pulled it around with dumping your lapdog and hiring Mcnally,then stepping back and letting him do his biz...If you did a poll now,sure there will still be the perenial moaners,who just love to moan and pick holes,but im sure the majority would love to give you and your hubby a BIG THANK YOU![/quote]

That was our ''''nutty nigel''s question [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]She is a woman, that pretty much says it all lol.I''m sure she can be stubborn and opinionated, she is a fan after all! I just think that maybe its time to look forward instead of back, though some people will never drop it until her head is on a spike outside Carrow road.[/quote]I will have to dis-associate myself entirely from your comments regarding women......so I can watch you take the flak ( lol )Regarding Mike Walker I did of course mean to say that he was sacked immediately after those two big wins. Bearing in mind his family problems I did feel this was harsh.

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]

Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

[/quote]

Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?

Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?
[/quote]

Your cheap personal jibe misses the point completely.

The point I was trying to make is that there is precious little evidence to show that the mistakes of the past have been acknowledged, let alone lessons learned. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jamesg"]

This post is frankly beyond belief...

"Though you probably made mistakes..."

The Appointment of the worst Manager in the Club''s history to go along with Grant, Hamilton, Roeder et al.  The reappointment of the worst Manager to general disbelief would tend to mean that there is no probably in the equation.

Can I also remind you of the fans forum in the first week of the season, quote from Smith re the 7-1 "Don''t you want to give him a hug?".  She was persuaded to remove Gunn by McNally, who is in least living in the real world if we had lost 2-0 he would have been here until November with resulting consequences.

You have obviously got low expectations if you think 3rd Division Football is not a subject for moaning, our rightful place is at the very least top 6 in the Championship and possibly bottom end of Premiership.

This league is a decent one if you took the top 6 plus Southampton, the rest are some way behind the Championship.

1/5 correct appointments do not qualify for "a big thank you", thanks very much.

[/quote]

So, rather than recognise the progress we are now making in the right direction you would rather go on holding a grudge?

[/quote]

We only look like we''re going in the right direction because we''re playing at a lower, easier level. However, lets not forget this league requires far less money to assemble a squad which looks great AT THIS LEVEL. Fortunately its worked out for us first time around but we must remember that next year WILL get much harder. They can call it the "toughest league 1 yet" all they want but its still not as difficult as any season in the championship. Can the current squad hold up to Championship football?

I will of course wait until we kick a championship football in anger but I really hope we don''t end up "doing a Peterborough". They looked like a real force last year but ended up looking like candy floss this year. And they probably had a much better player budget this season too.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?[/quote]

The point I was trying to make is that there is precious little evidence to show that the mistakes of the past have been acknowledged, let alone lessons learned. 

[/quote]Which bit of what I said was a "cheap personal jibe" exactly?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jamesg"]

This post is frankly beyond belief...

"Though you probably made mistakes..."

The Appointment of the worst Manager in the Club''s history to go along with Grant, Hamilton, Roeder et al.  The reappointment of the worst Manager to general disbelief would tend to mean that there is no probably in the equation.

Can I also remind you of the fans forum in the first week of the season, quote from Smith re the 7-1 "Don''t you want to give him a hug?".  She was persuaded to remove Gunn by McNally, who is in least living in the real world if we had lost 2-0 he would have been here until November with resulting consequences.

You have obviously got low expectations if you think 3rd Division Football is not a subject for moaning, our rightful place is at the very least top 6 in the Championship and possibly bottom end of Premiership.

This league is a decent one if you took the top 6 plus Southampton, the rest are some way behind the Championship.

1/5 correct appointments do not qualify for "a big thank you", thanks very much.

[/quote]So, rather than recognise the progress we are now making in the right direction you would rather go on holding a grudge?

[/quote]

We only look like we''re going in the right direction because we''re playing at a lower, easier level. However, lets not forget this league requires far less money to assemble a squad which looks great AT THIS LEVEL. Fortunately its worked out for us first time around but we must remember that next year WILL get much harder. They can call it the "toughest league 1 yet" all they want but its still not as difficult as any season in the championship. Can the current squad hold up to Championship football?

I will of course wait until we kick a championship football in anger but I really hope we don''t end up "doing a Peterborough". They looked like a real force last year but ended up looking like candy floss this year. And they probably had a much better player budget this season too.

[/quote]Whilst I am not being blindly optimistic, I feel very much that your cup is half empty.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I should have added that although Delia uses the word "offer" it cannot actually - in strict takeover parlance - have been that, because an offer would have had to have been made public, to the shareholders. And if that had happened then any hidden advantages, such as paying off the debt, would have been revealed.

So it can only have been what Cullum''s was, which was an informal proposal. I have said before that there is an incredibly simple way to test whether Delia really is prepared to sell up, and that is to make a formal offer that doesn''t benefit her but in every other way (paying off the debt, a promise of long-term funding etc) is fantastic for the club, and then see what her reaction is.

And if whoever had put forward this informal £1 deal had actually been attaching all sorts of goodies on the lines indicated above then all they had to do was turn it into a formal offer. That they didn''t might suggest it really was just £1 and not a lot else.
[/quote]

Or it might suggest that Delia said "Not a chance" to the informal proposal and whoever made it decided it wasn`t worth the time, expense and tumult of a formal offer which couldn`t possibly succeed.

[/quote]

I didn''t know first-class postage was that expensive nowadays. It would, of course, take no time at all and a just few pounds to turn an informal proposal into a formal offer that Smith and Jones would have to pass on to shareholders.

And if such an offer really was obviously a good one (ie, one that worked in the long term) then it would actually have an excellent chance of success. Smith and Jones (given what they have said on several occasions about being willing to step aside if the right offer came along) would find it very hard to fly in the face of public opinion and vote against.

[/quote]

I honestly can`t believe you are being serious about this.  What represents a "good offer" would clearly depend on whether you had £10m or so at stake.  There would be absolutely no point in anyone making a formal offer for the club if the majority shareholders have already said no- there can be absolutely no positive outcome but an awful lot of negatives. 

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]

[/quote]In my case it''s not that I want to be part of a torch bearing mob.  It''s case of, when Delia sometimes makes a comment, it''s similar to reading a book and when you get the end the last page is ripped out.Me being inquisitive, find it frustrating when she says I''ve been offered a quid, but fails to add a bit on the end to satisfy my curiosity like, ''it was a joke'', or whatever.I could quite easily contact Uncle Joe Frodo, but would you get a decent answer?  I doubt it.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]

[/quote]In my case it''s not that I want to be part of a torch bearing mob.  It''s case of, when Delia sometimes makes a comment, it''s similar to reading a book and when you get the end the last page is ripped out.Me being inquisitive, find it frustrating when she says I''ve been offered a quid, but fails to add a bit on the end to satisfy my curiosity like, ''it was a joke'', or whatever.I could quite easily contact Uncle Joe Frodo, but would you get a decent answer?  I doubt it. [/quote]I should imagine such business matters are confidential. I guess we''ll just have to keep wondering.And I guess its about how much you trust her when she says that she will only accept a serious offer that is of benefit to the future of the club.

She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???[/quote]

Have to agree with canary cherub on this one but let me make my postion very clear on Delia before I get called all sorts of names. I don''t dislike or like her in fact I''ve never met her but I do agree she''s a passionate Norwich City fan and has thankfully invested some of her hard earned money into the club for which she holds shares.

But she has been responsible  for some colossal mistakes which put us where we were and I still firmly believe she is reluctant  to relinquish her role as major shareholder .

Guess promotion from League 1 has softened people''s opinion of her which is understandable when things are going well.

Sorry meant to say

'''' But she has been responsible  for some colossal mistakes which helped to put us where we were ''''

[quote user="cityangel"]Have to agree with canary cherub on this one but let me make my postion very clear on Delia before I get called all sorts of names. I don''t dislike or like her in fact I''ve never met her but I do agree she''s a passionate Norwich City fan and has thankfully invested some of her hard earned money into the club for which she holds shares.

But she has been responsible  for some colossal mistakes which put us where we were and I still firmly believe she is reluctant  to relinquish her role as major shareholder .

Guess promotion from League 1 has softened people''s opinion of her which is understandable when things are going well.

[/quote]

Pretty much sums up how I feel and I''m sure most others [Y]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???[/quote]

Have to agree with canary cherub on this one but let me make my postion very clear on Delia before I get called all sorts of names. I don''t dislike or like her in fact I''ve never met her but I do agree she''s a passionate Norwich City fan and has thankfully invested some of her hard earned money into the club for which she holds shares.

[/quote]Do you not think that with the chief exec and the manager we are going in the right direction though?Do you not think it is maybe time to look forward and forget past grudges?Would you, in her position, be reluctant to give up your shares unless you were 110% sure that it really was in the best interests of the club?

So when will Delia be forgiven? Never?When we reach the Premiership? When we win the Champions league?Or will people just let it all die down till things go a bit bad again and drag out all the old issues?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]

Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

[/quote]

Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which bit of what I said was a "cheap personal jibe" exactly?
[/quote]

You ignored a perfectly valid point of view, backed up with evidence, dismissing it as "bitterness".  In other posts you''ve repeatedly dismissed people who are, let''s say, "Delia-sceptics" as being motivated by some sort of personal grudge.  Perhaps it''s you that''s bitter because those who predicted the club''s decline were proved right, sadly.  Pot/kettle eh?

My opinion isn''t going to be changed just because she hit lucky with McNally and from him the appointment of Lambert and our successful season. Crucial mistakes have been made by the people at the very top of our club which has resulted in our current position.

Don''t get me wrong I am extremely thankful for the money she has put into the club and it s clear she is a huge fan but I am not about to forget what has gone on. I just hope if she is going to stay for the forseeable future that lessons have been learnt.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Or will you ever let go of your bitterness for mistakes made in the past and look to the future?Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?[/quote]

[/quote]Which bit of what I said was a "cheap personal jibe" exactly?[/quote]

You ignored a perfectly valid point of view, backed up with evidence, dismissing it as "bitterness".  In other posts you''ve repeatedly dismissed people who are, let''s say, "Delia-sceptics" as being motivated by some sort of personal grudge.  Perhaps it''s you that''s bitter because those who predicted the club''s decline were proved right, sadly.  Pot/kettle eh?

[/quote]Evidence? She isn''t perfect but I would take her over most majority shareholders in football. Yes, you do sound very bitter to be honest. So, when does it stop, when she leaves the club and takes her money with her, or when we reach the Premiership? I''m bitter only at the demise of our club, I think it didn''t really take a genius to predict what happened, and if people take glory in saying "I told you so" about it all then that say something very telling about them.She knows she has cocked things up, and this is shown in how much McNally now runs the show.Seriously, what more do you want from her?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which bit of what I said was a "cheap personal jibe" exactly?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Evidence? She isn''t perfect but I would take her over most majority shareholders in football. Yes, you do sound very bitter to be honest. So, when does it stop, when she leaves the club and takes her money with her, or when we reach the Premiership? I''m bitter only at the demise of our club, I think it didn''t really take a genius to predict what happened, and if people take glory in saying "I told you so" about it all then that say something very telling about them.

She knows she has cocked things up, and this is shown in how much McNally now runs the show.

Seriously, what more do you want from her?
[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more.  Makes you wonder how so many could be in denial for so long doesn''t it? 

I''m not sure if Delia does know she''s cocked it up, that''s precisely the problem.  She realises that the club is in such deep financial trouble that she could potentially lose the lot, but I haven''t heard anything to suggest that she accepts any responsibility for the situation.

It''s not a case of wanting more from Delia but of accepting Delia as she is, warts and all.  Given that the future of our club lies in her hands, I''d like to think that she will one day start acting like a grown-up, but I''m not very confident I have to say. 

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Which bit of what I said was a "cheap personal jibe" exactly?[/quote]

[/quote]Evidence? She isn''t perfect but I would take her over most majority shareholders in football. Yes, you do sound very bitter to be honest. So, when does it stop, when she leaves the club and takes her money with her, or when we reach the Premiership? I''m bitter only at the demise of our club, I think it didn''t really take a genius to predict what happened, and if people take glory in saying "I told you so" about it all then that say something very telling about them.She knows she has cocked things up, and this is shown in how much McNally now runs the show.Seriously, what more do you want from her?[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more.  Makes you wonder how so many could be in denial for so long doesn''t it? 

I''m not sure if Delia does know she''s cocked it up, that''s precisely the problem.  She realises that the club is in such deep financial trouble that she could potentially lose the lot, but I haven''t heard anything to suggest that she accepts any responsibility for the situation.

It''s not a case of wanting more from Delia but of accepting Delia as she is, warts and all.  Given that the future of our club lies in her hands, I''d like to think that she will one day start acting like a grown-up, but I''m not very confident I have to say. 

[/quote]I don''t think she was in denial, I just think she took poor advice. I think a very salient point here though is she is one of a board of directors that were all culpable, I mean why aren''t we all demonising MWJ? I just think that a lot of people love to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that she stomps round the boardroom like some sort of dictator, smashing her fists on the table as she bellows orders.Football is a gamble, the board have gambled poorly since we fell out of the Premiership. Money doesn''t buy success, look at some of the frankly small teams that are way above us in league position but have hit lucky with decisions. We will have success, we are onto something good right now, we see it and the board sees it, and if they cock this up by selling Lambert short in his ambition then I shall be at Carrow road with everyone else demanding their heads.This is their final chance, and they know it.

[/quote]Perhaps she doesn''t accept any responsibility because managing & choosing the team isn''t her responsibility. Perhaps she just lets the manager get on with his job. Perhaps when choosing a manager she has let herself be guided by people whose judgement in these matters was not good, despite their claims to the contrary.It''s a possibility. I don''t know whether it''s true or not. And "Let''s be ''avin yer" apart, she''s always seemed very grown up to me.

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.

Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.

[:)]

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t think she was in denial, I just think she took poor advice. I think a very salient point here though is she is one of a board of directors that were all culpable, I mean why aren''t we all demonising MWJ? I just think that a lot of people love to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that she stomps round the boardroom like some sort of dictator, smashing her fists on the table as she bellows orders.

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s any secret that Delia can be VERY difficult if crossed. 

We aren''t demonising MWJ just as we aren''t demonising Delia either, most of us.  Why can''t you understand that?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[/quote]But what about the interest free loans she has given the club?

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t think she was in denial, I just think she took poor advice. I think a very salient point here though is she is one of a board of directors that were all culpable, I mean why aren''t we all demonising MWJ? I just think that a lot of people love to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that she stomps round the boardroom like some sort of dictator, smashing her fists on the table as she bellows orders.[/quote]

We aren''t demonising MWJ just as we aren''t demonising Delia either, most of us.  Why can''t you understand that?

[/quote]Are you seriously saying a lot of  people aren''t fixating and demonising her in relation to recent poor decisions made by the board?Who isn''t difficult when they are crossed? At the end of the day can a fan of a football club always make decisions with their head, as opposed to their heart?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some weeks ago I spent the best part of four days trying to explain how I see a difference between owning the club and running the club.

"That nutty''s round the bend, he voted no confidence in the board at St. Andrews Hall but now the idiot now has confidence in Smith&Jones as owners of the club"

Yet I send one email to Delia and she understands perfectly. You see all the points on my email are personal comments made by posters on this board specifically to Delia. "your prudence before ambition policy" was a specific personal comment about Delia. She immediately answered "Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better off!"  Exdactly! How is it in anyway prudent to chuck 12m into a football club. She sees it as ambitious others would see it as foolish, reckless or even stupid. Can any of you honestly make a case for Smith&Jones being prudent with their personal wealth?

I would think for the last couple of years Delia has been doing anything but running the club. She has spent the time working earning more money to invest in the club. Not enough for most of the fans but more than anyone else has been prepared to put in. So between TV Shows, Books and travelling the country supporting the team Delia probably hasn''t had a lot of spare time. The Turners were supposed to be monitoring the CE. Does anyone remember that? At the time Roeder was being cleverer than the rest The Turners were said to be hands on while Delia went to work. And when The Turners baled Delia needed to earn even more money. So I seriously doubt if Delia is now less involved than the last two years. But it suits some posters to claim everything that went wrong is down to her and everything that''s gone right is because she has been kept away from those that are running the club.

Now I can buy that as majority owners the the buck stops with Smith&Jones and that''s why they made the changes they made in the summer. Too late? Well maybe so. But it was the policies adopted by those being cleverer than the rest that got us relegated. And once the football budget had been wasted yet again it was always going to be too late.

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t think she was in denial, I just think she took poor advice. I think a very salient point here though is she is one of a board of directors that were all culpable, I mean why aren''t we all demonising MWJ? I just think that a lot of people love to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that she stomps round the boardroom like some sort of dictator, smashing her fists on the table as she bellows orders.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you seriously saying a lot of  people aren''t fixating and demonising her in relation to recent poor decisions made by the board?

Who isn''t difficult when they are crossed? At the end of the day can a fan of a football club always make decisions with their head, as opposed to their heart?
[/quote]

Yes I am.  One or two maybe, but they''re a small minority.

Not everyone throws a tantrum when they can''t get their own way, believe it or not.

You can''t excuse bad decision making by saying "she''s a fan" as if that makes everything all right, but that''s not the issue here in any case.  In my view the problem lies in Delia''s inability to make a distinction between her own interests, wishes and desire and those of the club.