Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

DELIA..More than `many` are happy with you now! so..

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

With respect, I have never, and am not exaggerating or going over things. I merely pointed out that I felt that he was correct. I felt my reply was actually positive and forward looking so it was hardly pessimistic. For the record, I would say a fag paper away from staying in the Premiership is correct also IMO!

[/quote]

I do realise that and I wasn''t having a pop at you. It''s just that we have won this league emphatically and I don''t see the point of discussing "what if we hadn''t" scenarios. Mello''s post is full of negativity which is a strange thin g to be concentrating on this week. And for the record I don''t agree with any of it. [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jamesg"]

This post is frankly beyond belief...

"Though you probably made mistakes..."

The Appointment of the worst Manager in the Club''s history to go along with Grant, Hamilton, Roeder et al.  The reappointment of the worst Manager to general disbelief would tend to mean that there is no probably in the equation.

Can I also remind you of the fans forum in the first week of the season, quote from Smith re the 7-1 "Don''t you want to give him a hug?".  She was persuaded to remove Gunn by McNally, who is in least living in the real world if we had lost 2-0 he would have been here until November with resulting consequences.

You have obviously got low expectations if you think 3rd Division Football is not a subject for moaning, our rightful place is at the very least top 6 in the Championship and possibly bottom end of Premiership.

This league is a decent one if you took the top 6 plus Southampton, the rest are some way behind the Championship.

1/5 correct appointments do not qualify for "a big thank you", thanks very much.

[/quote]

So, rather than recognise the progress we are now making in the right direction you would rather go on holding a grudge?

[/quote]

Isn''t that what Labour politicans are currently doing in relation to Thatcher?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]

Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???

[/quote]

Sorry but who said that Delia has single handedly turned this around?
[/quote]

Did Delia have ANY part in the turnaround?

After all she was backing Gunn in London on the Monday after the 1-7 defeat. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

With respect, I have never, and am not exaggerating or going over things. I merely pointed out that I felt that he was correct. I felt my reply was actually positive and forward looking so it was hardly pessimistic. For the record, I would say a fag paper away from staying in the Premiership is correct also IMO!

[/quote]

I do realise that and I wasn''t having a pop at you. It''s just that we have won this league emphatically and I don''t see the point of discussing "what if we hadn''t" scenarios. Mello''s post is full of negativity which is a strange thin g to be concentrating on this week. And for the record I don''t agree with any of it. [;)]

[/quote]Do you think the new Board & subsequent sackings/appointments would have happened without relegation Nutty? It''s pure speculation I know, but I think D & M would have found it hard to have booted out Munby, Doncaster & Gunn if we''d clung on to Championship status.Or is the wink significant? ...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.

Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.

[:)]

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[/quote]

But what about the interest free loans she has given the club?
[/quote]

Off the top of my head as i haven''t got the NCFC Accounts with me, I thought at the 31st May 2009

the Turners were lending £2.5m interest free

Delia and MWJ approx £2m interest free

and Micheal Foulger something in the range of £600k - £700k.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think the new Board & subsequent sackings/appointments would have happened without relegation Nutty? It''s pure speculation I know, but I think D & M would have found it hard to have booted out Munby, Doncaster & Gunn if we''d clung on to Championship status.
Or is the wink significant? ...

[/quote]

I don''t know Ron. Something would have probably changed because since the Turners went the board was at least one short. So many ifs and buts though. What would have happened if we hadn''t been relegated from the prem by a fag paper? What would have happened if the Turners had never come on board in the first place? We could play "what if" ''til doomsday and keep putting spin on it to make things look better or worse than they really are.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.

Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.

[/quote]

But I thought she had told us many times that she requires nothing for her shares Morty??? [:|]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So how much does she want to get on her bike then?

Is it nothing, is it £12 million, or is it something in-between Delia?  Why not sit down and specify exactly what criterea need to be met to buy you out and set it in stone to be changed maybe once every 12 months, instead of when it suits you to change it because a possible investor has shown a bit of interest.

Stop beating about the bush love... you make Brown, Cameron and Clegg look honest and on past evidence can''t be trusted!

[/quote]

A bit Off Topic but do forgive me......

Last night I saw a political broadcast by Clegg about broken promises by the others. 

So IF he goes into coalition with the Tories or Labour (and theres nothing to stop them forming a coalition and cutting Clegg out - that would be funny) what is

he going to say about his broken promises when he doesn''t get ALL of his promises implemented?

Back to the football........

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So how much does she want to get on her bike then?

Is it nothing, is it £12 million, or is it something in-between Delia?  Why not sit down and specify exactly what criterea need to be met to buy you out and set it in stone to be changed maybe once every 12 months, instead of when it suits you to change it because a possible investor has shown a bit of interest.

Stop beating about the bush love... you make Brown, Cameron and Clegg look honest and on past evidence can''t be trusted!

[/quote]

Lol, you''re starting to sound like this is a bit personal.

Do you have the money to buy her out?

Sorry to disappoint you old chap, but people really aren''t queuing up to buy our club.
[/quote]

I wonder why that is?

Delia despite what she claims wants something more than any sane individual is prepared to offer for our club.  She owns it and is perfectly in her right to do as she likes.  But please lets not be trying to call the lady a saint for continually putting her own interests before those of NCFC.

Do you really think that we would have spent the last season in the 3rd tier if she had of accepted Cullum''s offer when it was first made about 2 and a half years ago?  My guess is that we would have been a very good Championship team at the very least.

You seem to have forgotten all about that offer however because in Delia, Wynn Jones, Foulger, Munby and Doomys eyes it was not in the best interests for NCFC as Cullum would have wanted his initial £5 million back if we were relegated.  Well Roeder, despite being vilified by the majority on here for last season kept us up miraculously with peanuts to spend.  Delia & Co then gave the job to somebody who was should never have been given it before awarding him with a shiny new contract in the summer for relegating us.

Now you and I will always probably disagree on this, but I do not know why the press even bother wheeling Delia out to answer questions anymore.  As far as I am concerned she is in a no-win situation pretty much these days.  As I said upon relegation and the way things were handled by the current board at the time, there is too much distrust amongst the fanbase for the wounds to heal until we see a whole new board of directors from the top to the bottom of the club.

Yes it is great that we are back in the Championship at the first attempt, but we never should have been there in the first place and we were told too many lies along the way.

[/quote]

If Delia & MWJ shares were worthless then why was there a discussion about valuation when PC. came calling?

I was once told,if you want to come across as intelligent then pretend you understand python humour..Loved that parrot sketch! :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I wonder if we had managed (by the thickness of gossamer) to stay in the Championship last season....(much the same as the previous season under Roeder). Does anyone really or actually think, that those drastic changes in the boardroom and on the playing side at the start of that season would of been made? DO THEY?

I don''t.

Folk can polish it up as much as they wish....

Those changes were enforced on the majority-shareholding duo - because they realised, that it was their last-chance saloon and that they were under pressure to do something.

If we''d have failed to gain promotion this season? Well, there will be those that would still be in denial...But unscramble these words....

Creek, Paddle, $hit, Creek, Without, Up, A.

If we''d stayed up, and under the previous board and including Gunn and co, we''d have probably been alongside Sheffield Wednesday....or thereabouts.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree 100% that the shake up was enforced and the events that led up to that point lay firmly at Jones'' door, I think the praise is justified in relation to making the correct appointments with regards to the new board. I am far from a Delia fan but then again I am not a hater either. A lot of mistakes had been made over a long period of time for which ultimately the Jones'' take the blame, and no we shouldn''t have been where we were this season. That said, their decisions over the last year have been excellent and I find myself wanting to purely look forward, a second chance if you will, and forming opinions of her running of the club over the next few seasons. The key I feel now is that she has Mr McNally on board who can provide advice in the way that Doomy never ever could. Hopefully she has learned lessons.

The other point you make is also spot on, without automatic promotion this season, I also think we would have been up the creek!

[/quote]

This "without automatic promotion" is nothing more than spin though. It''s been obvious for some time we would be promoted and even the most pessimistic dick on this message board surely must have realised that. To dwell in this "what if" scenario could be seen as disappointment. The same spin about us only staying up by the thickness of gossamer in 2008. We finished 17th! However anyone who suggests that we only got relegated from the Premiership by a fag paper is accused of viewing the world through yellow & green specs.[8-|]

Each to their own point of view is fair enough but what is so attractive about continually exaggerating everything Norwich City to make it appear worse than it is.

[/quote]

Aren''t you so just full of yourself....Pushing for another 100 minutes sat in the Director''s Box sometime next season, are you?

You''ve twisted what I stated.....but, then again, I do expect nothing less from you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I said we were crowned Champions of the 1st Division on Saturday, you still wouldn''t agree with me...

Because it''s in your nature, and you are nutty as a fruit-cake...

agree 100% that the shake up was enforced and the events that led up to that point lay firmly at Jones'' door, I think the praise is justified in relation to making the correct appointments with regards to the new board. I am far from a Delia fan but then again I am not a hater either. A lot of mistakes had been made over a long period of time for which ultimately the Jones'' take the blame, and no we shouldn''t have been where we were this season. That said, their decisions over the last year have been excellent and I find myself wanting to purely look forward, a second chance if you will, and forming opinions of her running of the club over the next few seasons. The key I feel now is that she has Mr McNally on board who can provide advice in the way that Doomy never ever could. Hopefully she has learned lessons.

The other point you make is also spot on, without automatic promotion this season, I also think we would have been up the creek!

Well said...She and the old board made mistakes,she didnt hide and has now gone some way in rectifying those mistakes..And to be honest perhaps its easy to spot her mistakes after they go wrong..I will now go on record to say the appointment of glen roeder didnt look bad to me at first..He lost me by the way he handled hucks and his arrogance to the fans...The same goes for peter grant,i thought he was perhaps what we needed,to man manage players,but again it proved he was way out of his depth..Gunn i was against from the start and i think worthy shouldve been supported financially in augest of our prem year instead of january..We were crying out for a decent striker,and got him too late...But as you and others have pointed pointed out,she deserves some credit for turning last seasons debacle around..

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think the new Board & subsequent sackings/appointments would have happened without relegation Nutty? It''s pure speculation I know, but I think D & M would have found it hard to have booted out Munby, Doncaster & Gunn if we''d clung on to Championship status.
Or is the wink significant? ...

[/quote]

I don''t know Ron. Something would have probably changed because since the Turners went the board was at least one short. So many ifs and buts though. What would have happened if we hadn''t been relegated from the prem by a fag paper? What would have happened if the Turners had never come on board in the first place? We could play "what if" ''til doomsday and keep putting spin on it to make things look better or worse than they really are.

[/quote]

....Spin?....Take a look at yourself....

It so interesting to readThe Delia out brigade still want to find something to blame  They want to blame her for getting relegated but dont want to give any credit for the promotion.  Talk about cake and eat it.If it were a simple logical and financial approach to the game you could write the league tables before a ball is kicked.It seems that every football club has it detractors within and all think they should be minimum Prem status, probably top 10 and why not compete for a place in the Europa leagueI think it might be interesting to go on to grimsby''s message board and see what they feel about playing non league football or perhaps Crystal Palace who might not be here in a months time.Portsmouth have had more mismanagement in a season than most clubs in a lifetime yet many still see a future Sure its fime to debate the why''s and wherefore''s  but actually in aint that bad having DS around and it could be worse

[quote user="KenBrown"]It so interesting to read

The Delia out brigade still want to find something to blame  They want to blame her for getting relegated but dont want to give any credit for the promotion.  Talk about cake and eat it.

If it were a simple logical and financial approach to the game you could write the league tables before a ball is kicked.

It seems that every football club has it detractors within and all think they should be minimum Prem status, probably top 10 and why not compete for a place in the Europa league

I think it might be interesting to go on to grimsby''s message board and see what they feel about playing non league football or perhaps Crystal Palace who might not be here in a months time.

Portsmouth have had more mismanagement in a season than most clubs in a lifetime yet many still see a future

Sure its fime to debate the why''s and wherefore''s  but actually in aint that bad having DS around and it could be worse
[/quote]

Delia''s less of an influence now, Doncaster has gone and Roger is purely a spectator.....All of which pleases me immensely, as there are people now running the football club, who actually - know what they''re doing.

Yes I blame her and the rest of the previous board for our floundering failure....They removed Donny and Rogernater, kept Mr Foulger..wanted to keep Gunny....But saw sense in the end....Let''s hope they keep seeing sense next season, eh? 

Mr Mac and Mr Bowker will stay out of the kitchen, as long as Delia doesn''t start interfering outside of it....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Delia out brigade still want to find something to blame  They want to blame her for getting relegated but dont want to give any credit for the promotion.  Talk about cake and eat it.

If it were a simple logical and financial approach to the game you could write the league tables before a ball is kicked.

It seems that every football club has it detractors within and all think they should be minimum Prem status, probably top 10 and why not compete for a place in the Europa league

I think it might be interesting to go on to grimsby''s message board and see what they feel about playing non league football or perhaps Crystal Palace who might not be here in a months time.

Portsmouth have had more mismanagement in a season than most clubs in a lifetime yet many still see a future

Sure its fime to debate the why''s and wherefore''s  but actually in aint that bad having DS around and it could be worse
[/quote]

Delia''s less of an influence now, Doncaster has gone and Roger is purely a spectator.....All of which pleases me immensely, as there are people now running the football club, who actually - know what they''re doing.

Yes I blame her and the rest of the previous board for our floundering failure....They removed Donny and Rogernater, kept Mr Foulger..wanted to keep Gunny....But saw sense in the end....Let''s hope they keep seeing sense next season, eh? 

Mr Mac and Mr Bowker will stay out of the kitchen, as long as Delia doesn''t start interfering outside of it....

[/quote]

Well now that''s not how I understand it. I was under the impression that Delia was virtually absent for much of the last couple of years while she went back to doing tv and book work to earn more money for the club. I was under the impression that she came back for the matches but that was about it. But now, with her work done, she is seen about the place a lot more again.

As I always say - we don''t have to be grateful because it''s her choice. But being ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well now that''s not how I understand it. I was under the impression that Delia was virtually absent for much of the last couple of years while she went back to doing tv and book work to earn more money for the club. I was under the impression that she came back for the matches but that was about it. But now, with her work done, she is seen about the place a lot more again.

As I always say - we don''t have to be grateful because it''s her choice. But being ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

[/quote]

''You were under the impression''....So, it''s about as factual as my comments then?

You''re twisting it for your own agenda, once again....''Nutty Checker''....

So whilst Ma'' Goose Delia was away - working hard in dem sweatybox kitchens - and earning sum hard money. Dem norty remainin'' members of the previous board were running absolute riot. All a misbehavin'' an a hoopin'' an'' a hollerin'' an'' a makin'' wickeeed whoopee.....

When Delia came back? She spanked them all and sent them to their bedrooms....but, by then it was all too late....Nothing to do with Delia....It was them norty board-members, and Micky the Chicky Fowlgetterer didn''t wanna get involved, but was bullied by the Donny Darko and Rogernater.

The Turner Twosome left well before, because they didn''t like playin'' ''em silly games....along with Handy Cullender and his goodly wifey.

Nowt to do with Delia....she was away out graftin''....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]Missed the webchat ( on purpose) and can''t find it now but someone said that Delia had a dig at EDP writers Steve Gedge and Richard Balls, what was that all about?[/quote]

I think along the lines that Gedge had had a pop at her for speaking out about something, then when she didn''t voice her opinion after Charlton Balls had a pop for her not saying anything.

She''s damned if she does and damned if she doesn''t.
[/quote]

Well that''s what happens with bullsh*tters Morty... rather like Gordon Brown right now, once you have lost trust it is extremely difficult to find again.

"Nutty Checker said"....

Yeah, a big-boy did all the wreckin''....and then ran-away!

[quote user="lordyfan"]for all of the fellow fans of ncfc.

Maybe you have short memories............ I give you........ROBERT CHASE

That man almost killed our club

BE GRATEFUL TO DELIA

nuff said

[/quote]

hahaha you mean the man who NCFC were most successful under?  The guy who also purchased plenty of land which has raised money for the club under Delia and was then frittered away by several of her useless employees before she acted upon it? [:$]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

Like morty and iwan etc stated,i never said she hasnt made mistakes,in fact its in my posting!..But she mustve realised some of these or she would not have dumped her pet doomcaster..and she was instrumental inbringing Mcnally here,probably knowing he wouldnt allow her to meddle..So she got rid of the `suit` on a lead who maybe superb with documents and contracts etc but knew nothing of real footballing world and brought in a pitbull known for his bite,a Alan sugar type for the boardroom...and he brings in Lambert..So she has gone,in my and thousands of others,some way in redeeming her mistakes...we havent got a god given right to be in the top 6 like baldy seems to think! That smacks of leeds! ..And look at some of the other clubs around us! ..She has put us back on the right track,Mcnally has already made some of the decisions that has led us to here,and lambert may turn out to be the best manager we have had since stringer!

[/quote]

Nigel Worthington, Martin O''Neill, Mike Walker?

Dave Stringer was never that great a manager in my view.  He was lucky enough to take the reigns from Ken Brown who had worked wonders for us.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]I heard 2 peices of info yesterday from a taxi driver about Chase then gunn...As the gunn one maybe libelous so wont repeat in full,only to say gunn wasnt a goody goody on certain nights and there was more than one scene in the city centre when every driver refused to pick him up...and the chase one is more staright forward..He invested in land in spain,but the spainish authorities took it off him and he lost....as this was from a taxi driver im not sure if any of this is true,and i have never heard anyone else say stuff about gunn like that..But i hope the spainish bit was true!!!![/quote]

I have hear the stories of Gunn not being all sweetness and light.

As with Chasey Boy he was a bit of a cross between Arthur Daley and Del Boy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SnotBlaBabes"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Missed the webchat ( on purpose) and can''t find it now but someone said that Delia had a dig at EDP writers Steve Gedge and Richard Balls, what was that all about?[/quote]

Suffolk Yellow: Richard Balls was mystified that you and Michael made no comment after the fantastic Charlton win. Was there a reason for that?

Delia: The last time I talked to the press at the kit launch Steve Gedge had a pop. We didn''t talk to the press on Saturday and Richard Balls has a pop. Two things to say - one is we felt last Saturday belonged to Paul and the players, secondly I want to say a big thank you to Richard because I''ve always wanted to be ''mysterious''! If we are fortunate enough to win the title I will be there with open arms.
[/quote]

No, fortune didn''t win the title - a business plan, hard heads, a talented manager, superb supporters and motivated, disciplined players are what done it, Delia.

Now, someone was waffling and blustering about the difference between owning and running a club? And about some people being successful business persons in another life?

OTBC

[/quote]

Scraping the barrell with this one aren''t you? Do you realise that there''s only the many on here who feel like you do? I didn''t see any of your ilk in the ground yesterday.

[/quote]

I was there Nutty... [:P]

Oh and while I heard plenty of "Lambert''s Yella & Green Army" and "Lambert Give Us a Wave" I didn''t hear any "Delia''s Barmy Army!"

Reproduction of an open letter to Roger Munby, chairman of Norwich City Football Club, from Nigel Bertram and Alan Bowkett, chairman and deputy chairman of the NCFC Associate Directors Group

Dear Roger,

As you know we are respectively the chairman and deputy chairman of NCFC''s Associate Directors Group which is a team of local businessmen and supporters who collectively own approximately 5pc of the equity in NCFC plus substantial sums in the preference shares. Please note the views in this letter are our own.

Over the past five years we have met with you and Neil Doncaster on a number of occasions to see how the skills of our group can be utilised for the greater good of the NCFC family.

Sadly, our advice has been dismissed the majority of the time.

Perhaps our only success has been the introduction and financing of the Employee of the Year Awards for non-footballing colleagues at the club, an event you have now decided to abandon.

You are aware that we have been dissatisfied with the executive management of the club for a number of years, culminating in our preparation of a financial analysis of the situation and strategic options open to us in December 2007.

To the board''s continuing shame you categorically refused to meet your own shareholders to discuss the proposals; proposals that were developed with the sole aim of improving the situation.

We now know that you believed we were in concert with Peter Cullum as you were then in negotiations with him in complete secrecy.

Ironically, no member of our group knows this man and it was only through logic and financial analysis that we concluded that some £25m needed to be invested, a similar sum to that calculated by Mr Cullum''s advisors.

We are acutely conscious that all the directors love the club and have taken decisions that they felt were the correct ones at the time.

However, good intent is not the only skill required to manage an enterprise: skill, leadership, vision and empathy with all stakeholders are essential.

The board does not have these attributes.

The mistakes during your stewardship are legion and well documented in correspondence and internet postings throughout the county and beyond.

Suffice to say we are now in the third tier of English football, our financial situation is dire, we

do not have a team, the loyal supporters are distressed but we do have the best ground in the third division.

Under your chairmanship and Neil Doncaster''s executive leadership the quality of our product has deteriorated every year since 2004, losses have continued to mount and debt piled up.

The only honourable course open to you both is to resign forthwith without compensation, the board to search for a new chief executive, appoint a new chairman from the local business community and work with the current majority shareholders to get us out of this mess.

For the avoidance of doubt, neither of us seeks to join the board.

Unfortunately, we do not expect you to listen to our arguments alone and therefore we will be consulting with various stakeholder groups to ensure that we create a sufficient groundswell of public opinion that will be resolute, indefatigable and irresistible.

We must end this uncertainty now.

Well done indeed, gentlemen.

You led the way.

OTBC

I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to. Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league

Get us back in the premier league and I might change my mind about her.

but as far as I''m concerned she can sell up as soon as she likes its her fault we are here anyway

Spot on, it''s her fault completely!