Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

DELIA..More than `many` are happy with you now! so..

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

I will go back and say that She can OWN the majority of the club shares now...[/quote]

But she has, all along - with or without your permission [:)].

Interesting use of a capital for she there, normally reserved for Deities ?
[/quote]

Of course my permission was sort and SHE still went ahead[:D]

Remember this post was for Nutty Bla

I rest my case!

By the way does Nutty pay you to watch out for him or is it just a man love thing?

Okay pal,i accept your challange to see whose the thickest,but believe me you will have a fight on your hands! Left school no qualifications.Brought up on the east side of heartsease.Never watched BBC4...Give up?  ...On to the my gripe..I owe you an apology then if that was your complete question..I only read the question quoted in the Eastern evening news from `Eddie` and obviously it wasnt in its entirety as it left out your praise of her spending her money time and time again..But i still stand by your definition of `many` being wrong. A couple of hundred doom and gloom merchants compared to thousands who do recognise what she has doen,does not constitute many!

[quote user="The Butler"]

I rest my case!

By the way does Nutty pay you to watch out for him or is it just a man love thing?

[/quote]There''s this cracking little facility ( if you can get it to work ) on this forum, called private messages.  If you want to send a message just for nutty, why not give it a try ? [:)]I just enjoy making you look silly - not that you need much help... [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''He who praises everybody praises nobody''

- Samuel Johnson, I believe

OTBC

[/quote]

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know we can find it on the web" (updated)"

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

I rest my case!

[/quote]

There''s this cracking little facility ( if you can get it to work ) on this forum, called private messages.  If you want to send a message just for nutty, why not give it a try ? [:)]

I just enjoy making you look silly - not that you need much help... [;)]
[/quote]

Well keep practicing and one day when you grow up you might just manage to do it. In the mean time go and do an essential update to your servers or something usefull.

Well keep practicing and one day when you grow up you might just manage to do it. In the mean time go and do an essential update to your servers or something useful.

[/quote]Now I know you''re being silly...

[quote user="Alf Tupper"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''He who praises everybody praises nobody''

- Samuel Johnson, I believe

OTBC

[/quote]

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know we can find it on the web" (updated)"

[/quote]

[Y][Y]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I already answered that many times. My number one, above all others, quality for the person who owns our football club is that they have the best interests of the club at heart. Or to use Delia''s own words "who like me have a deep love for the club".

Now those who hanker after others, like those who believed it should have been us rather than ipswich who attracted marcus evans, or the countless other football club owners of his ilk who are around now, obviously don''t believe a deep love for the club matters.

We have been very lucky during the time I have supported the club because all of  Watling, South, Chase and Smith&Jones have had this deep love for the club.

I see you tried to slip "run the club" in there. Well that''s a different matter and there''s plenty on here who think they know more than the rest who could answer that better than me.

[/quote]

I will go back and say that She can OWN the majority of the club shares now as long as she sees fit (because I know that is what she will do) as long as she keeps WELL AWAY from making ANY decisions regarding the running of the club.

Her heart may well rule her head but in this day and age, unfortunately, that is nowhere near good enough and as has been proven in the past a recipe for (near)disaster.

MWJ/DS can now, with luck await our return to the better levels of the league(s) and continue to enjoy their expensive toy and still lead a VERY comfortable life style.

Who knows some very rich SUITABLE person may well turn up that lights her candle and they can then depart into the sunset purse and reputation in tact.

I hope they then pay McNally a very BIG bonus for saving their smoked flying pig!!

[/quote]

Well hold on to your hat and fasten your seat belt Butler because you''ll probably blow a gasket at what I''m about to post...

For the time Smith & Jones did run the club, between our relegation and the appointment of McNally, they didn''t put a foot wrong. After Charlton last May they came out and said there would be changes. A week later Munby and Doncaster were gone. The next day Team Gunn was given the go ahead to manage the club for the next season and Smith&Jones battoned down the hatches and set about appointing a new board and a new CE. I think we can safely say that from then until the end of June Smith&Jones, together with Foulger, ran the club. There was, after all, no one else.

Come the end of June McNally was appointed to run the club and then the following week Bowkett, Phillips and McNally joined the board. But during May and June many of the seeds for this seasons success were sewn through players committing their future to the club and others being persuaded to sign.

Now having gone through the heartbreak of relegation and seeing the inept displays at the end of that season under Gunns management I was as angry as anyone about his appointment last May. But I am big enough to admit that with hindsight I may have called that wrong. What would you have had them do? They were in the throes of making great changes at the club. A new board and new CE. Would you have had them go on an expensive and time consuming new manager hunt? And then probably appoint the wrong person? And while they were doing it put the search for a new CE on hold? The new manager would then have wanted his own team in and would have come complete with expensive contracts. That would have meant the new CE had his hands pretty much tied as far as the football management was concerned. So they put their trust in someone they knew, and for the first time most definitely the cheap option. But Gunny had a book full of contacts and was quite good at player recruitment while Butterworth knew the lower leagues quite well. As it turned out Team Gunn managed to assemble a squad good enough to win this league and that should never be forgotten.

As from July Bowkett and McNally found their feet and began to run the club. While Smith & Jones could go back to being owners again. And so we went into the new season and it became obvious to them that Team Gunn wasn''t going to get the group they had assembled back to the Championship so they acted swiftly and decisively. Gunn was sacked and Lambert appointed.

Of course I rather expect to the usual comments dismissing my point of view. I suppose it''s much easier to adopt the Bly mantra of everything Smith bad - everything McNally & Bowkett good. But for that to be a reality they would have had to have popped out of an oil lamp.

http://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&query=aladdins+lamp&img=http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&site=&host=http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stuck/200907/just-wish-really-hard&width=129&height=129&thumbUrl=http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:3-yH6Tps8NeTvM::www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&b=image?query=aladdins%20lamp&oreq=5b850bb70e6ea31a&imgHeight=480&imgWidth=480&imgTitle=The+Secret+passed+me+by.&imgSize=26162&hostName=www.psychologytoday.com

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours after your absence from the board.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Okay pal,i accept your challange to see whose the thickest,but believe me you will have a fight on your hands! Left school no qualifications.Brought up on the east side of heartsease.Never watched BBC4...Give up?  ...On to the my gripe..I owe you an apology then if that was your complete question..I only read the question quoted in the Eastern evening news from `Eddie` and obviously it wasnt in its entirety as it left out your praise of her spending her money time and time again..But i still stand by your definition of `many` being wrong. A couple of hundred doom and gloom merchants compared to thousands who do recognise what she has doen,does not constitute many![/quote]

It counts to many on the messageboards though. Of course you are right in that not being a true reflection of the fans down the City on a Saturday but when did that ever stop them posting[:^)]

You haven''t got a prayer in the thicko stakes mate so don''t even go there.

But being from the East side of Heartsease doesn''t constitute being thick. There''s no thick areas just thick people. Same as being fromThe Larkman doesn''t make anyone bad because there''s no such thing as a bad area, just bad people. And there''s thick people and bad people from both Eaton and Cringleford just as there are smart people and good people from The Larkman and east Heartsease.

Anyway.. what you been doing since you left school? I''m a bog cleaning bingo caller so don''t let me down and tell me you have a proper job. But I''ll tell you something.. if you stick with me kid we''ll show these clever sods on here a thing or two[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I already answered that many times. My number one, above all others, quality for the person who owns our football club is that they have the best interests of the club at heart. Or to use Delia''s own words "who like me have a deep love for the club".

Now those who hanker after others, like those who believed it should have been us rather than ipswich who attracted marcus evans, or the countless other football club owners of his ilk who are around now, obviously don''t believe a deep love for the club matters.

We have been very lucky during the time I have supported the club because all of  Watling, South, Chase and Smith&Jones have had this deep love for the club.

I see you tried to slip "run the club" in there. Well that''s a different matter and there''s plenty on here who think they know more than the rest who could answer that better than me.

[/quote]

I will go back and say that She can OWN the majority of the club shares now as long as she sees fit (because I know that is what she will do) as long as she keeps WELL AWAY from making ANY decisions regarding the running of the club.

Her heart may well rule her head but in this day and age, unfortunately, that is nowhere near good enough and as has been proven in the past a recipe for (near)disaster.

MWJ/DS can now, with luck await our return to the better levels of the league(s) and continue to enjoy their expensive toy and still lead a VERY comfortable life style.

Who knows some very rich SUITABLE person may well turn up that lights her candle and they can then depart into the sunset purse and reputation in tact.

I hope they then pay McNally a very BIG bonus for saving their smoked flying pig!!

[/quote]

Well hold on to your hat and fasten your seat belt Butler because you''ll probably blow a gasket at what I''m about to post...

For the time Smith & Jones did run the club, between our relegation and the appointment of McNally, they didn''t put a foot wrong. After Charlton last May they came out and said there would be changes. A week later Munby and Doncaster were gone. The next day Team Gunn was given the go ahead to manage the club for the next season and Smith&Jones battoned down the hatches and set about appointing a new board and a new CE. I think we can safely say that from then until the end of June Smith&Jones, together with Foulger, ran the club. There was, after all, no one else.

Come the end of June McNally was appointed to run the club and then the following week Bowkett, Phillips and McNally joined the board. But during May and June many of the seeds for this seasons success were sewn through players committing their future to the club and others being persuaded to sign.

Now having gone through the heartbreak of relegation and seeing the inept displays at the end of that season under Gunns management I was as angry as anyone about his appointment last May. But I am big enough to admit that with hindsight I may have called that wrong. What would you have had them do? They were in the throes of making great changes at the club. A new board and new CE. Would you have had them go on an expensive and time consuming new manager hunt? And then probably appoint the wrong person? And while they were doing it put the search for a new CE on hold? The new manager would then have wanted his own team in and would have come complete with expensive contracts. That would have meant the new CE had his hands pretty much tied as far as the football management was concerned. So they put their trust in someone they knew, and for the first time most definitely the cheap option. But Gunny had a book full of contacts and was quite good at player recruitment while Butterworth knew the lower leagues quite well. As it turned out Team Gunn managed to assemble a squad good enough to win this league and that should never be forgotten.

As from July Bowkett and McNally found their feet and began to run the club. While Smith & Jones could go back to being owners again. And so we went into the new season and it became obvious to them that Team Gunn wasn''t going to get the group they had assembled back to the Championship so they acted swiftly and decisively. Gunn was sacked and Lambert appointed.

Of course I rather expect to the usual comments dismissing my point of view. I suppose it''s much easier to adopt the Bly mantra of everything Smith bad - everything McNally & Bowkett good. But for that to be a reality they would have had to have popped out of an oil lamp.

http://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&query=aladdins+lamp&img=http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&site=&host=http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stuck/200907/just-wish-really-hard&width=129&height=129&thumbUrl=http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:3-yH6Tps8NeTvM::www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&b=image?query=aladdins%20lamp&oreq=5b850bb70e6ea31a&imgHeight=480&imgWidth=480&imgTitle=The+Secret+passed+me+by.&imgSize=26162&hostName=www.psychologytoday.com

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours after your absence from the board.

[/quote]

Blow a gasket because of the way you twist situations, no far to much else going on for that.(Munby and Doncaster resigned without their influence then they appointed GUNN only you could find a positive in that)

They appoint Bowkett after rejecting,many times, his advice and then in desperation to protect their money and reputation backtracked.

You stick to getting your bit of the Barclay converted to singing for Saint Delia again, whilst I plod along with my views, I am sure that you must be correct, you always are.

I notice once again your reference to your occupation that you got very upset when I mentioned it (in jest).

You do love to play the PART don''t you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]That''s absolutely fascinating Myshkin. I''m going to have a Bly moment now.People think that science is after "the truth". The truth is unknowable. All it can do is provide the best predictive model amongst all the competing predictive models. To test a model you first see how well it explains a past sequence of events, which is what you are doing here.Given the data available to us at the moment, yours is beating the Hell out of the opposition at the moment.

I wonder if we had managed (by the thickness of gossamer) to stay in the Championship last season....(much the same as the previous season under Roeder). Does anyone really or actually think, that those drastic changes in the boardroom and on the playing side at the start of that season would of been made? DO THEY?

I don''t.

Folk can polish it up as much as they wish....

Those changes were enforced on the majority-shareholding duo - because they realised, that it was their last-chance saloon and that they were under pressure to do something.

If we''d have failed to gain promotion this season? Well, there will be those that would still be in denial...But unscramble these words....

Creek, Paddle, $hit, Creek, Without, Up, A.

If we''d stayed up, and under the previous board and including Gunn and co, we''d have probably been alongside Sheffield Wednesday....or thereabouts.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I wonder if we had managed (by the thickness of gossamer) to stay in the Championship last season....(much the same as the previous season under Roeder). Does anyone really or actually think, that those drastic changes in the boardroom and on the playing side at the start of that season would of been made? DO THEY?

I don''t.

Those changes were enforced on the majority-shareholding duo - because they realised, that it was their last-chance saloon and that they were under pressure to do something.

If we''d have failed to gain promotion this season? Well, there will be those that would still be in denial...But unscramble these words....

If we''d stayed up, and under the previous board and including Gunn and co, we''d have probably been alongside Sheffield Wednesday....or thereabouts.

[/quote]

*minus one Creek.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I don''t.

[/quote]

*minus one Creek.

[/quote]I agree.Apart from "would of".

Blow a gasket because of the way you twist situations, no far to much else going on for that.(Munby and Doncaster resigned without their influence then they appointed GUNN only you could find a positive in that)

They appoint Bowkett after rejecting,many times, his advice and then in desperation to protect their money and reputation backtracked.

You stick to getting your bit of the Barclay converted to singing for Saint Delia again, whilst I plod along with my views, I am sure that you must be correct, you always are.

I notice once again your reference to your occupation that you got very upset when I mentioned it (in jest).

[/quote]

Good afternoon The Butler..

It''s not twisting and turning. It''s my interpretation of what happened. It suits your agenda to assume that Smith&Jones had nothing to do with Munby & Doncasters resignations but I doubt that''s the case. After we lost at Charlton Winnie said the board would meet to discuss their future.

"The board is meeting on Wednesday," he said. "We''ll look at the situation and see what is required to be done, see where we can find the funds. "I think there probably will be [change]. Obviously I can''t specify but we can''t go on in this fashion."

I would imagine they had that meeting and agreed that Munby and Doncaster would resign. I would imagine there was no animosity because it wouldn''t have been "their way". I would imagine after working together for so long all parties did and still do have respect for eachother. But you would probably prefer to view this through the Bly Mantra and believe that Smith&Jones wanted to carry on failing so Munby and Doncaster resigned.

My post was about the period between relegation and the appointments of McNally and Bowkett. I asked you in my post what you would have had them do last May if they didn''t appoint Gunn. You gave me no answer except to rehash your interpretation of Bowkett & Bertrams open letter to Roger Munby. In fact you said you were going to plod along with your views without actually giving any but still managed to make a sarcy remark about me being always right and singing in the Barclay. However you did manage to make reference to my occupation which was completely out of context because that was in a reply to my new friend Barclaybred. I don''t ever remember getting very upset when you mentioned it but if I did it was probably for that very reason.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Good afternoon The Butler..

It''s not twisting and turning. It''s my interpretation of what happened. It suits your agenda to assume that Smith&Jones had nothing to do with Munby & Doncasters resignations but I doubt that''s the case. After we lost at Charlton Winnie said the board would meet to discuss their future.

[/quote]Whether Munby resigned of his own accord or was fired I cannot say, although I suspect the latter. However I believe he had being suffering from health problems, and they may have played at least a part in his leaving.As far as Doncaster is concerned there is really not a lot of doubt in my mind that he was effectively fired. All I heard at the time (which includes some days BEFORE the "resignations" were announced) pointed that way. The news did not come as a surprise.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

That''s absolutely fascinating Myshkin. I''m going to have a Bly moment now.

People think that science is after "the truth". The truth is unknowable. All it can do is provide the best predictive model amongst all the competing predictive models. To test a model you first see how well it explains a past sequence of events, which is what you are doing here.

Given the data available to us at the moment, yours is beating the Hell out of the opposition at the moment.

[/quote]

The opposition''s weapon is spin. It''s all things folk like to hear to suit their scenarios but when you put it all together to find out whether it fits past events it falls apart like a house of cards.

Since I have been posting on this board I have been told that Worthington is a clueless football manager. Doncaster also hasn''t got a clue about football and  just spends his time sitting at his desk answering fans emails. Bazza Skipper is another clueless buffon. Roger Munby has absolutely no idea. And Smith & Jones are the worst of the lot and shouldn''t be allowed anywhere near the running of our football club!

What a todo Ron Ron.

But I took it all in good faith and tested the model against past events. I chose to use the seasons 2003/4 and 2004/5 for this little experiment. And after much searching the only scenario that I could come up with to explain that sequence of events was...............

http://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&query=aladdins+lamp&img=http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&site=&host=http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stuck/200907/just-wish-really-hard&width=129&height=129&thumbUrl=http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:3-yH6Tps8NeTvM::www.psychologytoday.com/files/u216/Aladdin_lamp.jpg&b=image?query=aladdins%20lamp&oreq=5b850bb70e6ea31a&imgHeight=480&imgWidth=480&imgTitle=The+Secret+passed+me+by.&imgSize=26162&hostName=www.psychologytoday.com The trusty old oil lamp!

''Justice depends not upon the truth but upon the evidence available; and I shall always be able to provide that evidence''.

- Machiavelli''s older brother (the one they kept under the kitchen table)** - I think.

OTBC

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I don''t.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree 100% that the shake up was enforced and the events that led up to that point lay firmly at Jones'' door, I think the praise is justified in relation to making the correct appointments with regards to the new board. I am far from a Delia fan but then again I am not a hater either. A lot of mistakes had been made over a long period of time for which ultimately the Jones'' take the blame, and no we shouldn''t have been where we were this season. That said, their decisions over the last year have been excellent and I find myself wanting to purely look forward, a second chance if you will, and forming opinions of her running of the club over the next few seasons. The key I feel now is that she has Mr McNally on board who can provide advice in the way that Doomy never ever could. Hopefully she has learned lessons.

The other point you make is also spot on, without automatic promotion this season, I also think we would have been up the creek!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Without sounding sycophantic nigel,you talk too much sense to be thick! :)[/quote]

And you my friend use too many long words to be a true contender to the crown.

Cluck used to call me a sycophant. I didn''t know what it meant but I hate to be found wanting for an answer on here so I just replied "and you''re an elephant"[:$]

Did you ever meet Cluckin'' Nora[:^)]  She was a real megalomaniac! Could bore the tits off Dolly Parton that one [|-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Justice depends not upon the truth but upon the evidence available; and I shall always be able to provide that evidence''.

- Machiavelli''s older brother (the one they kept under the kitchen table)** - I think.

OTBC

[/quote]

“Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.”

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I don''t.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree 100% that the shake up was enforced and the events that led up to that point lay firmly at Jones'' door, I think the praise is justified in relation to making the correct appointments with regards to the new board. I am far from a Delia fan but then again I am not a hater either. A lot of mistakes had been made over a long period of time for which ultimately the Jones'' take the blame, and no we shouldn''t have been where we were this season. That said, their decisions over the last year have been excellent and I find myself wanting to purely look forward, a second chance if you will, and forming opinions of her running of the club over the next few seasons. The key I feel now is that she has Mr McNally on board who can provide advice in the way that Doomy never ever could. Hopefully she has learned lessons.

The other point you make is also spot on, without automatic promotion this season, I also think we would have been up the creek!

[/quote]

This "without automatic promotion" is nothing more than spin though. It''s been obvious for some time we would be promoted and even the most pessimistic dick on this message board surely must have realised that. To dwell in this "what if" scenario could be seen as disappointment. The same spin about us only staying up by the thickness of gossamer in 2008. We finished 17th! However anyone who suggests that we only got relegated from the Premiership by a fag paper is accused of viewing the world through yellow & green specs.[8-|]

Each to their own point of view is fair enough but what is so attractive about continually exaggerating everything Norwich City to make it appear worse than it is.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

“Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.”

[/quote]

Your abiding problem, nigel, is that you are so absolutely determined to try and win every argument regardless of whether you are right, partially right, partially wrong or obviously wrong - -- and sometimes by any means necessary.

But still, as always, one love.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I don''t.

[/quote]

[/quote]

This "without automatic promotion" is nothing more than spin though. It''s been obvious for some time we would be promoted and even the most pessimistic dick on this message board surely must have realised that. To dwell in this "what if" scenario could be seen as disappointment. The same spin about us only staying up by the thickness of gossamer in 2008. We finished 17th! However anyone who suggests that we only got relegated from the Premiership by a fag paper is accused of viewing the world through yellow & green specs.[8-|]

Each to their own point of view is fair enough but what is so attractive about continually exaggerating everything Norwich City to make it appear worse than it is.

[/quote]

With respect, I have never, and am not exaggerating or going over things. I merely pointed out that I felt that he was correct. I felt my reply was actually positive and forward looking so it was hardly pessimistic. For the record, I would say a fag paper away from staying in the Premiership is correct also IMO!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your abiding problem, nigel, is that you are so absolutely determined to try and win every argument regardless of whether you are right, partially right, partially wrong or obviously wrong - -- and sometimes by any means necessary.

But still, as always, one love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! You really are a very bitter, twisted and stupid old man! But even so I can''t believe you do not see the point I am making. Whether or not either of us agreed with the manner of Gunns sacking is irrelevant. The point is that you decided Delia Smith was ultimately responsible for it and should go. Even if the sacking was done by McNally in your view the buck stopped with Delia Smith and she was responsible. But when it was obvious the changes brought success it was suddenly nothing to do with Smith and all down to McNally. You have continued in this vein throughout the season. Everything bad is because of Delia Smith and everything good is in spite of Delia Smith. What''s even sadder is that you are far from alone with these ridiculous opinions.