Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Hoolahan Injured?

we looked lost today without Wes our midfield was all over the place, the team looked mis-jointed.

[quote user="Gus"]Hoolawho? He will soon be Mcnamee''s shadow.[/quote]

Never in a month of sunday''s Mcnamee will be worked out very quickly in the championship. Could we fit both in to the team??

[quote user="Harry"]On another site I post on there is a guy who has appeared on very few occasions, on his first post he claimed to be related (through marriage) to Hoolahan and that we would be leaving Blackpool for us, this dragged on for quite a while and he took a lot of stick as he was a s(ummer but he was proved right, we didn''t hear anything else off him until the stories about Wes being unhappy at Norwich and about to leave us were doing the rounds and he came on saying that Hoolahan loved it at Norwich and had no intention of moving on, again he was proved right and we have heard nothing from him since then until today when he posted: Wes will be out for about three weeks due to a calf injury picked up on Friday.[/quote]

Am update from the same guy (who is related to Wes )

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="Gus"]Hoolawho? He will soon be Mcnamee''s shadow.[/quote]

Never in a month of sunday''s Mcnamee will be worked out very quickly in the championship. Could we fit both in to the team??

[/quote]hoolahan would be in my team ahead of mac every day of the year, and since hoolahan has been out what has macnamee created for us?

I think this rumour is now too strong not to be true. I have heard the same thing about the thigh (don''t think it was ever a calf) so I think we have to accept that Wes is out of the picture.

Wes not playing for us, apart from his influence on our play, is the influence on the other teams. he is the only player this year that teams have man for man marked for example. McNamee is a totally different player. Likes to play wide whereas Wes likes to roam. I''m not sure it is fair to compare them.

My betting is against Charlton we will go back to a 442, without Wes the diamond isn''t working.

We are going to miss him badly. Suppose the only real option is the 4-4-2. Mac on the left, try Korey on the right with Hughes and Russell in the centre.

When Wes got injured at the end of last season it ended up in relegation... I just hope we don''t end up losing out on auto promotion without him at the end of this season. Let''s face it though, we''ve looked terrible without him!

I might be wrong Norfolk but I have a feeling there is a bit of a media blackout on this. Would be good news for our rivals to know he is out . I think there might be a few more "late fitness tests" !.

He is definitely out for the rest of the season. Please feel free to resurrect this post if I''m wrong.

You never know, it might heal quicker than they think and he might perhaps make the last couple of games, guess if we all assume he''s out then anything else will be a nice surprise.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]He will play again[/quote]

Yes he will but unfortunately not this season, he did only have a minor calf injury but then suffered a more serious thigh injury in training .

Angel can you just be sure on this? Initially he looked for all the world as if he had a Quad injury as his persistently pulled his leg back on the pitch. Then this bloke from another board said it was a calf, my blokes at Colney said thigh and now he has done it "in training" . i am a bit obsessive about this and am looking for any glimmer of hope!!! How do you know this? Please tell me it is totally unreliable and that he will play on Sat !!!!!

Was at Colney yesterday  Officiating on a Academy game and saw hoolahan in the canteen and he said he was out for the season  but they are asking him to play   

[quote user="beaver"]Was at Colney yesterday  Officiating on a Academy game and saw hoolahan in the canteen and he said he was out for the season  but they are asking him to play   [/quote]

I''m a bit surprised that Wes  and other players are telling so many people that he''s out for the season if the club are trying to keep it from our opponents. As for the club asking him to play with a torn muscle in his thigh I don''t believe that bit of your post, sorry but lambert is much too professional.

[quote user="Beauseant"]He was at Colney, walking normally in his training kit on Monday morning.[/quote]

And running yesterday. I still think tomorrow will be too soon though.

[quote user="beaver"]Was at Colney yesterday  Officiating on a Academy game and saw hoolahan in the canteen and he said he was out for the season  but they are asking him to play   [/quote]

BS.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

Let''s hope we can get a point minimum tomorrow. Getting Holt and Hoolahan back for Gillingham will be a massive boost.

[/quote]

Too right!

Wes expects to be out for the next 2 games, and is looking to return fully fit against Bristol Rovers. Although he could make the bench for the Gills game if things don''t go well at Charlton.

I asked Wes'' cousin on facebook...this is what I said: Do you know is super Wes is injured, there are rumours that he is? When will he be back? Thanks :)My reply:YEA HE IS THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WIT THE MUSCLE UNDER HIS KNEE, OUT FOR

THE REST OF SEASON. THEY WANT HIM TO PLAY THOThat says it all really, he has told me true stuff about Wes before so I for one, believe him.

Lambert has said that Wes isn''t back in full training yet, just doing a bit of running so doubt we''ll see him back tomorrow.

My source from the Club said that about 2 weeks ago the prognosis for the rest of the season was that he would be out for the rest unless we made the Play-offs, though he might make the Carlise match if things went better than hoped for.

The Club deliberately threw up a smokescreen round this to spread misinformation, no-one was allowed to comment on it from within.   When Lambert said 2 weeks ago he is not ruled out for the season yet he was being strictly accurate though was not divulging the full facts which was fair enough