Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Holt or Iwan??

Following a chat we had on the way to the ground who would you choose? Disscuss!

For me it would have to be Grant Holt. I love Iwan but Holts workrate, leadership and passion wins it for me. Also I think he is technically a better footballer!

Would have to say at this moment in time Iwan by quite a way. My opinion would change if Holt performs next season in the championship as he has this year, Iwan did it in championship Holts previous in the higher division is not good, however of course anything is possible under Lambert and it will be interesting to see how much Holt has improved

Iwan all the way. I admire Holt for what he has done and given to the club this season, especially after the opening day. However Iwan had everything I want from a football player, maybe Holt could grow into that role in the next couple of seasons.

Iwan for me just now, based on length of service & performance at a higher level.

Although the Horse is fast becoming a hero, at the minute it has to be front teeth for me, but I would not rule out Holt playing himself into the hall of fame in the coming seasons.

Although delighted with every player this year { maybe not Theo, or the other Gunn signings released who were not good enough for even league bloody 1}, you cant really compare this team to previous teams in the championship as its a completley different standard.

The likes of Roberts etc proved their worth over several seasons at a higher levele.

Perhaps we should discuss this next season after we have sobbered up from the bubbly at city hall!!!!!!!!

Iwan for now as Holt is (so far and for obvious reasons) a one season wonder for us whereas Iwan did the business over several seasons, plus these performances were at a higher level.  If Holt can show he can do it at Championship level though I don''t think there will be much between them.

Re: Holt or Iwan??

Although the Horse is fast becoming a hero, at the minute it has to be front teeth for me, but I would not rule out Holt playing himself into the hall of fame in the coming seasons.

This.

Iwan for all his time with us and now Holt. I think it''s unfair on both players to compare. But to suggest that Holt has more passion, workrate and leadership than Iwan is wide of the mark IMO. Let''s just f****** love ''em both[Y]

Division one 10 years ago is probably of similar standard to league one today . so to say iwan performed at a higher level is nonsence. It''s like saying the England of 1966 would beat England now- it simply woundnt happen as fitness levels are now much higher

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Following a chat we had on the way to the ground who would you choose? Disscuss!

For me it would have to be Grant Holt. I love Iwan but Holts workrate, leadership and passion wins it for me. Also I think he is technically a better footballer!

[/quote]

I agree with you, but just to be fair to Iwan, reserve judgement until we have seen Holt perform at the higher league. 

As someone who saw Iwan in his prime for Norwich and Holty in his early development whilst at Rochdale I would say Holty is the one. He was the most feared striker in L2 and then L1 when at Forest. He''s a class act

[quote user="tom1902"]Division one 10 years ago is probably of similar standard to league one today . so to say iwan performed at a higher level is nonsence. It''s like saying the England of 1966 would beat England now- it simply woundnt happen as fitness levels are now much higher[/quote]

Oh right, I suppose Lappin is better than George Best then. It is all relative and why it is 100% accurate to say Iwan performed at a higher level, cos he did.

[quote user="The gut"]

Oh right, I suppose Lappin is better than George Best then. [/quote]

There''s a thought[^o)]

Wonder if Smudger has a view on this[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The gut"]

There''s a thought[^o)]

[;)]

[/quote]

Funny enough nutty, I did think of Smudger when I posted.

That''s how it is now, every time Lappin''s name is mentioned Smudger comes to mind.

I hope Lappin''s missus doesn''t read this, she might end up crying out Smudger during fun time.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The gut"]

There''s a thought[^o)]

[;)]

[/quote]

Funny enough nutty, I did think of Smudger when I posted.

That''s how it is now, every time Lappin''s name is mentioned Smudger comes to mind.

I hope Lappin''s missus doesn''t read this, she might end up crying out Smudger during fun time.

[/quote]lol... I think even Georgey Boy stumbling around drunk when he came on to Wogan all those years ago and told dear old Terry in front of a national audience "I like screwing" would of shown Lappin a thing or two if you had thrown either a pint or a ball at him!

I think Holt has got it in him to do well in the Championship. But at this moment  Iwan still wins my vote. I''m excited by Holty''s passion, attitude and his ability. But he''s still gotta prove it at a higher level! Iwan''s rates him highly too, so come on Grant!!!