Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Official Site - Eliott to sign

Hmm, at the risk of back-tracking a little, i thought he was a big man, Holt type striker, but seems he''s more of a pacey livewire. Of the kind we already have. Maybe Cody''s injury is worse that first thought?

I def think Holt needs someone pressing him for his place and he just doesn''t have that right now. Maybe PL can see Elliott partnering Cmart or Oli?

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

The only comparison I was making was height comparison, hence I said I hope he doesnt play like him.

[/quote]Do you not consider that plucking Jamie Cureton out as your comparison may be, subconsciously saying something though?Anyway, moving on, I consider this a reasonable signing, and about a million times more likely to succeed than Dickov (Whose height I don''t know)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

The only comparison I was making was height comparison, hence I said I hope he doesnt play like him.

[/quote]

Do you not consider that plucking Jamie Cureton out as your comparison may be, subconsciously saying something though?

Anyway, moving on, I consider this a reasonable signing, and about a million times more likely to succeed than Dickov (Whose height I don''t know)
[/quote]

I would guess about 5 feet  8 and a half inches

Average record at Championship level which should mean it will be even better at league 1. IMO signed to put pressure/replace Chris Martin and cover for injury given that macDonald is injured. Could temporary aquisition to help us over that line

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[/quote]

Do you not consider that plucking Jamie Cureton out as your comparison may be, subconsciously saying something though?

Anyway, moving on, I consider this a reasonable signing, and about a million times more likely to succeed than Dickov (Whose height I don''t know)
[/quote]

Lol. No. The only reason I brought up such a comparison was because you asked if he was a target man, and a target man is usually tall. Therefore I compared his height to a recent striker who I thought was fairly similar, to tell you he was not really a target man type of striker. Maybe I should have just said no, he is not a ''target man''. [:)]

Irish, played for Sunderland. Sounds like she be signing for the binners.

Anyway aren''t we supposed to going into administration according to such knowledgable folk as the binners, the notw and 1st wizard ?

Maybe it''s being funded by Cureton''s wages.

Certainly would not have been the type of player I would have thought we were looking for. But then the goals haven''t been so prolific of late and with us starting to let in a goal a game I should imagine Lambert is looking to put that margin back and avoid us slipping into drawn games.

Fair play to the board for finding the money and backing the manager.

Now lets keep the criticism to the minimum and let the player prove his worth and the manager his judgement first.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[/quote]Do you not consider that plucking Jamie Cureton out as your comparison may be, subconsciously saying something though?Anyway, moving on, I consider this a reasonable signing, and about a million times more likely to succeed than Dickov (Whose height I don''t know)[/quote]

Lol. No. The only reason I brought up such a comparison was because you asked if he was a target man, and a target man is usually tall. Therefore I compared his height to a recent striker who I thought was fairly similar, to tell you he was not really a target man type of striker. Maybe I should have just said no, he is not a ''target man''. [:)]

[/quote]Lol, ok.But you know what reaction comparing any striker to Jamie Cureton is likely to get![:)]

[quote user="paul moy"]So, Lambert has realised that Martin has got complacent with Cody out. [;)][/quote]

I agree with this.

Cody and Oli are decent players for the future, neither really put pressure on Martin and Holt for a start as they are inexperienced. Elliot will put pressure on both Holt and Martin (mostly Martin).

Martin can do a job as a target man if necessary, he did well when Holt was suspended, but Cody and Oli didn''t do great when starting.

[quote user="morty"]But you know what reaction comparing any striker to Jamie Cureton is likely to get![:)]

[/quote]Hello, this is a test

I think this is a good signing.  Had a good spell with Sunderland a few back but since then has struggled with injury.  I think he could more than do a job in League 1 but can''t see him playing that much as I''d presume Holt, Martin, Oli and Cody are all ahead of him.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="morty"]But you know what reaction comparing any striker to Jamie Cureton is likely to get![:)]

[/quote]Hello, this is a test [/quote]Oh, ok.

he is a good player who knows where the net is ...rather have him than dickov any day of the week.he scored 19 goals in the championship ,no offence how can that be a poor signing .?

Good luck to him, he will at least give us a different option up front....only downside I can see is that he hasn''t got a song yet [;)]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Lamberts first poor signing.[/quote]

I know whose judgment I would rather trust and it ain''t yours.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[/quote]are you the same person ? both have webbo [8-)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Lamberts first poor signing.
[/quote]

I know whose judgment I would rather trust and it ain''t yours.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[/quote]

are you the same person ? both have webbo [8-)]
[/quote]

Hes my old man. [:$]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="morty"]But you know what reaction comparing any striker to Jamie Cureton is likely to get![:)]

[/quote]Hello, this is a test [/quote]Oh, ok.[/quote]Sorry about that! Somebody was sorting out some probs. with my laptop and was using this site as a testing ground! She did''nt realise that once ''post'' was clicked there was no delete or edit function!

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="morty"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="morty"]But you know what reaction comparing any striker to Jamie Cureton is likely to get![:)]

[/quote]Hello, this is a test [/quote]Oh, ok.[/quote]Sorry about that! Somebody was sorting out some probs. with my laptop and was using this site as a testing ground! She did''nt realise that once ''post'' was clicked there was no delete or edit function![/quote]Ah right, no prob lol.I just thought it was some really random joke that I wasn''t getting.[:)]

Just a general point. I know how the loan system works and we should definitely make the most of it. But does anyone else find it amusing how Elliott can be classified as ''an emergency loan'' when we have Holt, Martin, Johnson, McDonald and Daley on the books.

Preston fan who posted that you signed a duffer in Simon Whaley, I believe I was right. Stephen Elliott, I can''t really describe him to be honest. I''d say he is fairly small and lightweight. At times, mostly at end of games when coming on as sub, he looks pacy but you never see this when he starts. He is not a bad passer of the ball, but he has a lousy touch when the ball is passed to him.

During his 18 months he has not suffered from injury at all. He was not rated by Wolves fans when he was sold to us, and he is not rated by us. The only game I can remember thinking he might prove us wrong was when we beat Wolves away 3-0 or 3-1 and he scored 2. But apart from that his goalscoring records was shocking. He''s had his chances. After Christmas last year he started 14 out of 16 games scoring just 3, 2 at Wolves.

He may do well for you though. A drop down in leagues might build his confidence up. Your a great club, fantastic stadium with good gates. Really hope you win the league this year.

P.S. Thanks for Chris Brown. He had a shocker for you, but he near enough single handidly kept us up a few years ago. And he''s goal at the weekend was fantastic.

Happy to trust PL''s judgement on this one. He must see a need for him otherwise he wouldn''t have signed him, & to date the manager has been pretty accurate with his signings & decisions.

Find it a bit strange that we''ve signed another small striker but whatever, at least it''s more strength in depth.

Surely this is a squad swelling move - with a view to putting pressure on the Martin''s in the squad and keep everyone keen?? Also a bit of experience of the old promotion / relegation end of season shenanigans... I like it.

Hes done it in the past, but  is struggling in the championship at the moment... might pick up some form with the drop down to league 1. Its a clever move, Cody injured, Johnson only effective for the last 20 and Holt 2 yellows away from a suspension this is Lambert prepearing for the worst!..... and hes better than 300 year old Dickov!

26 league starts, 21 league sub appearances, 7 league goals. So nearly 1 in 7 appearances for us.

I think that''s a quality signing. [:)] However surely that means Cody wont feature again this season then? [:(]He''s only 5"9 though, not that it really matters, just obviously not a Holt-ish player.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]And Wiki says Curo is 5 foot 8 so thats a fair enough comparison![/quote]

An inch can make all the difference! Ask my girlfriend! ;)