Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Official Site - Eliott to sign

[quote user="cityislife"]Lamberts first poor signing.
[/quote]

What makes you say that, we get a striker in his mid 20''s and leeds sign a 37 year old hasbeen.

[/quote]

You know that already do you?  On what basis is this?  Must be Lambert''s poor forays into the transfer and loan market thus far, eh?

That should seriously put the pressure on Lappin to perform as I recall him being a left sided midfielder / attacker.

[/quote]

Remember Oli had only scored once this season before joining us....

Good signing, lamberts signed a player who should be hungy after falling down the pecking order at preston, he has a point to prove....glad we havent signed a 37yr old hasbeem journeyman

[/quote]

I know whose judgment I would rather trust and it ain''t yours.

Anyone know anything about him?Target man to replace Holt when he gets suspended?

Scored goals in the prem, now moving to a league 1 club - we can hardly say he''s not good enough for us at this moment in time.

Lambert knows what he''s doing, we need an alternative goal threat to Holt and i imagine this is PL''s thinking in signing him. He freshens things up and give Holt something to think about, just by coming in. It''s EXACTLY what we need now imo to get us over the line.

Great move.

[quote user="morty"]Anyone know anything about him?

Target man to replace Holt when he gets suspended?
[/quote]

No, small and Curo built. Bloody hope he doesnt play like him. [:S]

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[/quote]

I know whose judgment I would rather trust and it ain''t yours.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[quote user="cityislife"]And why should we care who leeds sign?!?!? michael rose has done a job, not great BUT not bad.
[/quote]

You still haven''t answered why Elliot is poor signing, are you trying to dodge question by saying why should we care who leeds sign.

I don''t care who they sign, think we have got better player than them tho.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyone know anything about him?Target man to replace Holt when he gets suspended?[/quote]

[/quote]Just checked on Wiki, and he''s 5 foot 9.So hardly small, but not a target man.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]Michael Rose?! lol.[/quote]

That''s a bit unkind. No world beater granted but he''s done o.k. so far.

[quote user="a1canary"]Scored goals in the prem, now moving to a league 1 club - we can hardly say he''s not good enough for us at this moment in time. Lambert knows what he''s doing, we need an alternative goal threat to Holt and i imagine this is PL''s thinking in signing him. He freshens things up and give Holt something to think about, just by coming in. It''s EXACTLY what we need now imo to get us over the line. Great move.[/quote]

Agreed, a good player to freshen things up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyone know anything about him?

Target man to replace Holt when he gets suspended?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just checked on Wiki, and he''s 5 foot 9.

So hardly small, but not a target man.
[/quote]

Well I''d say thats small. [:S] Below average...

But yes he is not a target man.

I will stick my head above the parapit then. I agree it looks a bizarre signing because I don''t see the point. He is a 5ft 9 striker presumably in the McDonald, Johnson, Martin mould. Thus why sign him when he have three players who can do that job. However Lambert clearly knows something we don''t hence why he has signed him. I was not impressed when he signed Oli Johnson. I have been eating my words ever since....

Great he''s a poor signing after you haven''t seen him play in how many years, gurantee he will do a job in this division, easily ! Good cover for Martin who needs a rest as he''s ran himself into the ground this season and for Holt will no doubt get a suspension this season when he gets his two yellow cards ! Johnson & McDonald are definately not ready to start games or play 90 minutes !

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]And Wiki says Curo is 5 foot 8 so thats a fair enough comparison![/quote]Lol, okay.I was trying to establish some background as to what kind of striker he was, because I genuinely don''t know.Your speed to make a comparison with Cureton I find slightly disconcerting.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Great he''s a poor signing after you haven''t seen him play in how many years, gurantee he will do a job in this division, easily ! Good cover for Martin who needs a rest as he''s ran himself into the ground this season and for Holt will no doubt get a suspension this season when he gets his two yellow cards ! Johnson & McDonald are definately not ready to start games or play 90 minutes ![/quote]

It''s being so optimistic that keeps you going isn''t it. I am quite happy that a small part of my season ticket money goes towards paying Mr. Lambert''s wages as he gives every indication of knowing what he''s doing, unlike some others who held the position. Have faith!