Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

I wonder what tat the club has planned for late April?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Last time we got promotion (to the Prem) they had many of us dancing around with tat bearing the excruciatingly cringeworthy slogan ..... ''We Are Premiership''........   as if we''d never been there before for 20 odd years or      like a load of kids celebrating stepping up from nursery school to kindergarten

Hopefully we can have a more adult, rollicking, confident and less cringeworthy approach this time.

But then they say that no businesssman ever went bust by underestimating the taste of the great British public, so I guess...........

[:''(]

Ah well.

OTBC

[/quote]

What a curmudgeonly and mean spirited post Blyx3

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Last time we got promotion (to the Prem) they had many of us dancing around with tat bearing the excruciatingly cringeworthy slogan ..... ''We Are Premiership''........   as if we''d never been there before for 20 odd years or      like a load of kids celebrating stepping up from nursery school to kindergarten

Hopefully we can have a more adult, rollicking, confident and less cringeworthy approach this time.

But then they say that no businesssman ever went bust by underestimating the taste of the great British public, so I guess...........

[:''(]

Ah well.

OTBC

[/quote]

What a curmudgeonly and mean spirited post Blyx3

[/quote]

I agree. Sorry.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Is both an option[:^)]

The massive gap didn''t exist in the pre-prem area because all four divisions were part of the same Football League. The breakaway Premier League was supported by the FA to give it some form of credibility although all that happened in my eyes was the FA lost any credibility it had left. The sooner the so called top clubs p*ss off, and give the first tier back to the Football League, the better in my view.

[/quote]

Nigel, what on earth are you going to do when Lambert leads us back to the first tier?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

The massive gap didn''t exist in the pre-prem area because all four divisions were part of the same Football League. The breakaway Premier League was supported by the FA to give it some form of credibility although all that happened in my eyes was the FA lost any credibility it had left. The sooner the so called top clubs p*ss off, and give the first tier back to the Football League, the better in my view.

[/quote]

Nigel, what on earth are you going to do when Lambert leads us back to the first tier?

OTBC

[/quote]

City1st and I will just carry on going to games and supporting the club. What are you going to do?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

City1st and I will just carry on going to games and supporting the club. What are you going to do?

[/quote]

Watch City live (or minimally time-delayed) virtually once a week as long as the current international TV arrangements hold up.

And continue to do my duties as a shareholder and member of the 50 plus club.

OTBC

[quote user="City1st"]"Lambert leads us ... " Us ?[/quote]

Didn''t you know that Lambert forsook those Us 6-7 months ago.

Do keep up.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Watch City live (or minimally time-delayed) virtually once a week as long as the current international TV arrangements hold up.

OTBC

[/quote]

How did you get on in the old First Division of the Football League, when we were good? You didn''t even have google then.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

How did you get on in the old First Division of the Football League, when we were good? You didn''t even have google then.

[/quote]

Fine thanks. I saw many a good match on working and holiday visits. Of course, one could walk up to the turnstiles at Carrow Road and get in comfortably. None of this membership/season ticket malarky crowding out the casuals.

By the way it seems that you have a tendency to hold out on progress rather too easily. Why this resentment/dislike of yours towards good old Google?

OTBC

Not replying to my post, then, BBB? I take it you agree that, actually, there''s a world of difference between the old first division and the current Prem?

Shame.

Still...

There''s also a world of difference between genuine City fans those pretending to be

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Not replying to my post, then, BBB? I take it you agree that, actually, there''s a world of difference between the old first division and the current Prem?

Shame.

Still...

[/quote]

Your post missed the point.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Not replying to my post, then, BBB? I take it you agree that, actually, there''s a world of difference between the old first division and the current Prem? Shame. Still...[/quote]Your post missed the point.[/quote]You mean...you started a thread and there was a point to it? [:^)]

WOW! That''s a first! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Not replying to my post, then, BBB? I take it you agree that, actually, there''s a world of difference between the old first division and the current Prem? Shame. Still...[/quote]Your post missed the point.[/quote]You mean...you started a thread and there was a point to it? [:^)]

[/quote]

Boring.

[|-)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Boring.

[|-)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Pretty rich following your PC thread [:D]

Only joking, one love [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]So, you feel that fans celebrating promotion to the Prem was "cringeworthy" Bly? Hmm! [^o)][/quote][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/party-hat.jpg[/IMG]

The point is that Bly is missing his good friend Cluck

Without the rest of the purist sheep to back him up, Bly has become an increasingly sad and lonely attempt to revive the negativity that followed our relegation in May 2009. I dont doubt for a minute that he''s as much a City fan as anyone on here - not being able to get to games doesnt make you less of a fan, and as he rightly says a few years back you could pay a fiver to get in on the gate

But its a different football world now. A football world thats motivated by money even in the lower divisions. Thats why we''re ''League 1'', not ''Division 3'' - to get more uninitiated people through the door. And it works - thats why gates are up in most clubs, not just ours, compared to the late 80s.

Unfortunately people like Bly either can''t cope with, or dont want to relate to, the modern game. Thats why the purists want a return to the days of Chase, with the 16000 gates, cages, and grounds that quite simply would have made today''s Boundary Park at Oldham look like a palace

I feel sorry for Bly - he wants a day that is long gone, never to return. Dont criticise him for that - its not his fault - but its time for the rest of us to move on whilst humouring the old folks that the world is still as it was

Think that makes it two love????

[quote user="Barclay hero"]The point is that Bly is missing his good friend Cluck

Without the rest of the purist sheep to back him up, Bly has become an increasingly sad and lonely attempt to revive the negativity that followed our relegation in May 2009. I dont doubt for a minute that he''s as much a City fan as anyone on here - not being able to get to games doesnt make you less of a fan, and as he rightly says a few years back you could pay a fiver to get in on the gate

But its a different football world now. A football world thats motivated by money even in the lower divisions. Thats why we''re ''League 1'', not ''Division 3'' - to get more uninitiated people through the door. And it works - thats why gates are up in most clubs, not just ours, compared to the late 80s.

Unfortunately people like Bly either can''t cope with, or dont want to relate to, the modern game. Thats why the purists want a return to the days of Chase, with the 16000 gates, cages, and grounds that quite simply would have made today''s Boundary Park at Oldham look like a palace

I feel sorry for Bly - he wants a day that is long gone, never to return. Dont criticise him for that - its not his fault - but its time for the rest of us to move on whilst humouring the old folks that the world is still as it was

Think that makes it two love????[/quote]Actually, I think that makes it ''game, set and match''...

Barclay hero wrote: "I feel sorry for Bly - he wants a day that is long gone, never to return. Dont criticise him for that - its not his fault - but its time for the rest of us to move on whilst humouring the old folks that the world is still as it was."

Barclay hero, it was a pretty good observation until you generalised at the end. As you may well realise when you get to my age, it''s not age that makes a person resistant to change....it''s attitude.

You do keep getting caught in the crossfire don''t you Yankee my friend[;)]

For what it''s worth I don''t believe Bly is resistant to change I just don''t think he recognises it. Which makes it unlikely to become a generalisation of old people because as I get older I recognise change all too easily.

"I dont doubt for a minute that he''s as much a City fan as anyone on here"

oh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

For what it''s worth I don''t believe Bly is resistant to change I just don''t think he recognises it. Which makes it unlikely to become a generalisation of old people because as I get older I recognise change all too easily.

[/quote]

I think you''ll find I''m very rarely "caught" in crossfire Nigel. I willingly inject my two cents worth when I feel there is a point to be made. My point was to the generalisation by Barclay hero.....not directed to Bly at all. I''ll leave that observational gem to good folks like yourself and see how Bly responds. With one love I suspect. 

[quote user="Barclay hero"]The point is that Bly is missing his good friend Cluck Without the rest of the purist sheep to back him up, Bly has become an increasingly sad and lonely attempt to revive the negativity that followed our relegation in May 2009. I dont doubt for a minute that he''s as much a City fan as anyone on here - not being able to get to games doesnt make you less of a fan, and as he rightly says a few years back you could pay a fiver to get in on the gate But its a different football world now. A football world thats motivated by money even in the lower divisions. Thats why we''re ''League 1'', not ''Division 3'' - to get more uninitiated people through the door. And it works - thats why gates are up in most clubs, not just ours, compared to the late 80s. Unfortunately people like Bly either can''t cope with, or dont want to relate to, the modern game. Thats why the purists want a return to the days of Chase, with the 16000 gates, cages, and grounds that quite simply would have made today''s Boundary Park at Oldham look like a palace I feel sorry for Bly - he wants a day that is long gone, never to return. Dont criticise him for that - its not his fault - but its time for the rest of us to move on whilst humouring the old folks that the world is still as it was Think that makes it two love????[/quote]

I''m a hard taskmaster. And not afraid of the rabble throwing stones on my roof.

Now I benchmark the football heights achieved in the 10 years or so under Chase.

But you evidently prefer to benchmark the football depths plumbed under Smith for the past 14 years or so.

Those like you who are satisfied with the latter are full of excuses for relative failure. Football wimps. Not only are we in the third division for the first time in 50 years, we are vitually bankrupt.

Bowkett, McNally and Lambert are hard taskmasters with their heads on straight. They set challenging targets and have benchmarked a return to the top tier.

However, I have a sinking feeling in the pits of my stomach about next year back in the Championship. I fear that the prudence and fear of success that folks like you feel more comfortable with are going to triumph over ambition and that the whole BowkettMcNallyLambert juggernaut will crash leaving us with only a dolly house - again.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find I''m very rarely "caught" in crossfire Nigel. I willingly inject my two cents worth when I feel there is a point to be made. My point was to the generalisation by Barclay hero.....not directed to Bly at all. I''ll leave that observational gem to good folks like yourself and see how Bly responds. With one love I suspect. 

[/quote]

Now nigel says that you frequently get caught in the crossfire.

But you say that you rarely get caught in this crossfire.

I wonder what the truth is.

Strange concept eh, truth.

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Old people smell like piss.

Thought I should just point that out.

[Y]
[/quote]

I reckon your computer chair also smells of pi$$.....because for the last few weeks/months, you don''t appear to have vacated it....much.

I also reckon that your small kettle, 12 litres of flat fat coke, your microwave and ready meals (including your grande size sweetie ration and various flavoured tubes of pringles) -  are precariously balanced on the edge of your computer desk (a computer desk which I may add, conveniently converts to a camp bed) - all coupled with a chocolate and grease stained and questionable bodily fluid impregnated stained mouse mat - that you''re able to inflate into a pillow.....

Thought I should just point that out....