Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

I wonder what tat the club has planned for late April?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"]Old people smell like piss.

Thought I should just point that out.

[Y]
[/quote]

I reckon your computer chair also smells of pi$$.....because for the last few weeks/months, you don''t appear to have vacated it....much.

I also reckon that your small kettle, 12 litres of flat fat coke, your microwave and ready meals (including your grande size sweetie ration and various flavoured tubes of pringles) -  are precariously balanced on the edge of your computer desk (a computer desk which I may add, conveniently converts to a camp bed) - all coupled with a chocolate and grease stained and questionable bodily fluid impregnated stained mouse mat - that you''re able to inflate into a pillow.....

Thought I should just point that out.... 

[/quote]

Oh, and your keyboard keys - are actually made out of chunks of Cadbury''s Dairy milk....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We have only ever spent four seasons in the Premier League. Two of those were relegation seasons.

Nevermind Wiz''s feeble attempts, the Premier League is the real curse of football in this country.

[/quote]It should be called the Sky Premier League. That company has destroyed competitive football in the top flight. I refuse to have Sky because every penny of subscription goes into the players back pockets. For me The Championship is now a much more enjoyable league, Decent teams, grounds, fans and good football but more importantly it''s a competitive league where the outcome is not predictable.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Now nigel says that you frequently get caught in the crossfire.

But you say that you rarely get caught in this crossfire.

I wonder what the truth is.

Strange concept eh, truth.

OTBC

[/quote]

Indeed truth is a strange concept. We have posters coming on here highlighting some of the differences between the Premier League and the old First Division of the Football League and we have a poster claiming that the Premier League is only the old First Division by another name. What is the truth I wonder?

Maybe if we were to consider a few of those "far more similarities" it would help us decide. Because at the moment the debate is looking to be a little onesided to say the least.

[quote user="morty"]I love it when exactly who you expected to, bites.[:)][/quote]You have a way of making friends, don''t you Morty? [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"]I love it when exactly who you expected to, bites.[:)][/quote]You have a way of making friends, don''t you Morty? [;)][/quote]I''m not here to make friends lol.I''m here to speak my mind, if some people don''t like it I''m not likely to lose any sleep I''m afraid.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"]I love it when exactly who you expected to, bites.

[:)]
[/quote]
You have a way of making friends, don''t you Morty? [;)]
[/quote]

I''m not here to make friends lol.

I''m here to speak my mind, if some people don''t like it I''m not likely to lose any sleep I''m afraid.

[;)]
[/quote]

I think you bit....Now go and give your yeasty knackers a good ole scratch...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"]yeasty knackers[/quote]
Is that a new flavour of Nik-Nak?
[/quote]

Scratch his for him, and find out.

You really are a provocative little troll aren''t you.  Sod off.[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Last time we got promotion (to the Prem) they had many of us dancing around with tat bearing the excruciatingly cringeworthy slogan ..... ''We Are Premiership''........   as if we''d never been there before for 20 odd years or      like a load of kids celebrating stepping up from nursery school to kindergarten

Hopefully we can have a more adult, rollicking, confident and less cringeworthy approach this time.

But then they say that no businesssman ever went bust by underestimating the taste of the great British public, so I guess...........

[:''(]

Ah well.

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]The point is that Bly is missing his good friend Cluck Without the rest of the purist sheep to back him up, Bly has become an increasingly sad and lonely attempt to revive the negativity that followed our relegation in May 2009. I dont doubt for a minute that he''s as much a City fan as anyone on here - not being able to get to games doesnt make you less of a fan, and as he rightly says a few years back you could pay a fiver to get in on the gate But its a different football world now. A football world thats motivated by money even in the lower divisions. Thats why we''re ''League 1'', not ''Division 3'' - to get more uninitiated people through the door. And it works - thats why gates are up in most clubs, not just ours, compared to the late 80s. Unfortunately people like Bly either can''t cope with, or dont want to relate to, the modern game. Thats why the purists want a return to the days of Chase, with the 16000 gates, cages, and grounds that quite simply would have made today''s Boundary Park at Oldham look like a palace I feel sorry for Bly - he wants a day that is long gone, never to return. Dont criticise him for that - its not his fault - but its time for the rest of us to move on whilst humouring the old folks that the world is still as it was Think that makes it two love????[/quote]

I''m a hard taskmaster. And not afraid of the rabble throwing stones on my roof.

Now I benchmark the football heights achieved in the 10 years or so under Chase.

But you evidently prefer to benchmark the football depths plumbed under Smith for the past 14 years or so.

Those like you who are satisfied with the latter are full of excuses for relative failure. Football wimps. Not only are we in the third division for the first time in 50 years, we are vitually bankrupt.

Bowkett, McNally and Lambert are hard taskmasters with their heads on straight. They set challenging targets and have benchmarked a return to the top tier.

However, I have a sinking feeling in the pits of my stomach about next year back in the Championship. I fear that the prudence and fear of success that folks like you feel more comfortable with are going to triumph over ambition and that the whole BowkettMcNallyLambert juggernaut will crash leaving us with only a dolly house - again.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

I sincerely hope youre wrong on the last score Bly although if youre not then Im sure you and Cluck will be shouting that from the rooftops.  But there is nothing "unambitious" about my support of the club.

Indeed my main issue with the Purists is your selective memory.  Im not disputing that some of our most successful times were when Chase headed the club, but what about the sale of Sutton?  Letting O''Neill walk out?  The non-purchase of Windass?  Unambitious to the extreme.  Remember the plaintive plea to "Loosen the pursestrings"?  That was to Chase not Smith

I''d challenge any club to truly state theyre happy with their owners at the time.  Even Villa fans will turn against Lerner if they dont start pushing on to the top 4 or winning things.  If we get relegated to Division 4 in the future some people will remember the Smiths with rose tinted specs, just as there were mass demonstrations against Chase years ago that many conveniently forget

We''re historically not a big club, but thats not to say we shouldnt aim as high as we can.  We''ve done it before, and yes some of that was in Chase''s time, and I think we are starting to do it again

Finally - Yankee Ive got nothing against the more experienced members of society, attitude or not.  But I''ll argue a point with anyone regardless of their age