Sign in to follow this  
????

back from the game!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]AndyWhyteUK, have you ever actually read some of the bordering on sick abuse I have taken on this forum, yet do you see me crying or bleating to the web team to get threads removed? Ive had PMs of certain people saaying "i hope you die of cancer", but never felt the need to bring it up till now. Water off aducks back to me.....keyboard warriors.[/quote]Thats bloody awful mate.[:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]AndyWhyteUK, have you ever actually read some of the bordering on sick abuse I have taken on this forum, yet do you see me crying or bleating to the web team to get threads removed? Ive had PMs of certain people saaying "i hope you die of cancer", but never felt the need to bring it up till now. Water off aducks back to me.....keyboard warriors.[/quote]Thats bloody awful mate.[:(][/quote]We''re all guilty of snapping at people on hear from time to time and there a good degree of pi$$ taking. Once in a while we''re all guilty of unjust criticism of a fellow poster, not nice but nothing to get upset about but as Wiz says that is awful and unforgivable.Whoever feels the need to take thing that far should be ashamed of themselves and should remember it''s football it''s a game of Christ sake!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]AndyWhyteUK, have you ever actually read some of the bordering on sick abuse I have taken on this forum, yet do you see me crying or bleating to the web team to get threads removed? Ive had PMs of certain people saaying "i hope you die of cancer", but never felt the need to bring it up till now. Water off aducks back to me.....keyboard warriors.[/quote]Thats bloody awful mate.[:(][/quote]

That''s dreadful. Name and shame... I would certainly notify Admin. [:@] 

I still have the PM, and the poster has been banned, although it wasnt nothing to do with me.

Im not saying just because ive had abuse given out to me it makes it ok for me to do the same, all I do is talk to people in the way they talk to me...yet i seem to be the only one who gets stick for it, when im only responding to personal attacks on me in the 1st place.....I feel some on here see me as some sort of pantomime villain.

Ive always apologised if if ever offended anyone, and those that read my posts know that is fact, but I apologise to the original poster for being maybe a touch harsh.

Also I feel that poster who was banned {the Pm now reads it was sent by N/A - which i asume means he/she is banned} is back on here using a different name, although I think i know who it is.

I too have just returned from the game and generally agree with the other two posters although they each had a slightly different opinion.

My simple observation was that Chris Martin was absolute rubbish and reminds me of what he was like the last time he was awarded a contract. Coincidence? I bloody hope so.

For me the most positive thing was to see the beginnings of Holty getting back to his old self. He had a quiet first half and also missed a couple of easy chances from what I could see from the other end of the ground. Once he had scored, he really started to dictate our attacks which were, admittedly, fairly intermittent. His vision and movement hopefully seem to be returning and that has got to be good news particularly as we have no natural replacement at the moment.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Going back to the point of the thread, I was there today  and whilst I thought Holt took his goal well and harried the defence the entire game, he achieved little else of particular note, some good touches and passes aside.  Both he and Martin drifted out wide way too often, and towards the end of the second half we found ourselves attacking with men spare and the only person who managed to get into the box was Russell Martin who stroked it into the ''keeper''s arms.  Had Holty not gone wandering, it might have looked like a more comfortable scoreline.  That''s not to criticise their form, they''re still a class above many other strikers in this league, particularly their opposite number Jason Price, who was absolutely gash.[/quote]I didn''t go today but from the commentary they said Martin was playing

wide left so he wasn''t drifting out wide it''s where he was being played, this is the formation according to the Radio.

------------- Forster-------------

Martin-- Doc -- Nelson--

Rose

------ Smith-------Lappin

McNamee -- Hoolahan--

Martin

--------------Holt-----------------

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I too have just returned from the game and generally agree with the other two posters although they each had a slightly different opinion. My simple observation was that Chris Martin was absolute rubbish and reminds me of what he was like the last time he was awarded a contract. Coincidence? I bloody hope so. For me the most positive thing was to see the beginnings of Holty getting back to his old self. He had a quiet first half and also missed a couple of easy chances from what I could see from the other end of the ground. Once he had scored, he really started to dictate our attacks which were, admittedly, fairly intermittent. His vision and movement hopefully seem to be returning and that has got to be good news particularly as we have no natural replacement at the moment.[/quote]

I''m back from game too and would agree with other posts, Chris Martin needs a rest in my opinion after a few out of sorts games. For me Simon Lappin had an excellent game along with Doc, Nelson defended well so will let him off his awful distribution, he is there to clear the danger first and foremost. Holt seems to be getting back to some sort of form especially 2nd half, Smith ran his socks of most of the game, Mcnamee is a good player but will never be a Huckerby.

Hope this helps those who could not go to game today.

OTBC

All I can say is you lucky, lucky b-stard... back from the game at 6-o-clock! [:@]Got back to Norwich @ 9:30pm.All I have to say is that we were a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and that playing 3 players who can''t tackle (Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee) in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation was not the brightest of ideas.  Holt done well and looks to be getting back to full match fitness after his 3 match suspension.  It would be interesting to see the McNamee/Holt combo in the first half that finished with the ball in the net and which the ref ruled out again.As for all the King of SPAM fans once again I say McNamee is catching Simon... 2 assists in 2 starts now!

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Going back to the point of the thread, I was there today  and whilst I thought Holt took his goal well and harried the defence the entire game, he achieved little else of particular note, some good touches and passes aside.  Both he and Martin drifted out wide way too often, and towards the end of the second half we found ourselves attacking with men spare and the only person who managed to get into the box was Russell Martin who stroked it into the ''keeper''s arms.  Had Holty not gone wandering, it might have looked like a more comfortable scoreline.  That''s not to criticise their form, they''re still a class above many other strikers in this league, particularly their opposite number Jason Price, who was absolutely gash.[/quote]I didn''t go today but from the commentary they said Martin was playing

wide left so he wasn''t drifting out wide it''s where he was being played, this is the formation according to the Radio.

------------- Forster-------------

Martin-- Doc -- Nelson--

Rose

------ Smith-------Lappin

McNamee -- Hoolahan--

Martin

--------------Holt-----------------[/quote]I can confirm that Martin was playing down the left hand side and that Hoolahan looked the most likely to be joining Holt in the box for any attacks.

[quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I too have just returned from the game and generally agree with the other two posters although they each had a slightly different opinion. My simple observation was that Chris Martin was absolute rubbish and reminds me of what he was like the last time he was awarded a contract. Coincidence? I bloody hope so. For me the most positive thing was to see the beginnings of Holty getting back to his old self. He had a quiet first half and also missed a couple of easy chances from what I could see from the other end of the ground. Once he had scored, he really started to dictate our attacks which were, admittedly, fairly intermittent. His vision and movement hopefully seem to be returning and that has got to be good news particularly as we have no natural replacement at the moment.[/quote]

I''m back from game too and would agree with other posts, Chris Martin needs a rest in my opinion after a few out of sorts games. For me Simon Lappin had an excellent game along with Doc, Nelson defended well so will let him off his awful distribution, he is there to clear the danger first and foremost. Holt seems to be getting back to some sort of form especially 2nd half, Smith ran his socks of most of the game, Mcnamee is a good player but will never be a Huckerby.

Hope this helps those who could not go to game today.

OTBC

[/quote]I would agree that young Korey had a good game and that I would of put him up there in the running with Holt, Doherty/Nelson for man of the match.

In fairness to Arthur, what that PM said that he got is outrageous and vile. He''s never pissed me off (bar the banter on the thread in the other board) and he speaks a bit of sense. Everyone needs to stop taking this message board so seriously. You''ll agree with some posts, you won''t with others.

How boring would it be if we all had the same opinion and just agreed with each other all the while?

[quote user="Smudger"]All I can say is you lucky, lucky b-stard... back from the game at 6-o-clock! [:@]

Got back to Norwich @ 9:30pm.

All I have to say is that we were a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and that playing 3 players who can''t tackle (Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee) in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation was not the brightest of ideas.  Holt done well and looks to be getting back to full match fitness after his 3 match suspension.  It would be interesting to see the McNamee/Holt combo in the first half that finished with the ball in the net and which the ref ruled out again.

As for all the King of SPAM fans once again I say McNamee is catching Simon... 2 assists in 2 starts now!

[/quote]

2 assists in 2 starts doesn''t equal the ammount of tackles Lappin made today, I''d admit Lappin has been out of sorts since Drury got injured but he had a good solid game today.

At the end of the day Lappin will never do anything good in your eyes.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im in my early 70s, a seasoned OAP, but nobody seems to cut any slack when it comes to trying to bully a pensioner!!![/quote]Arthur, do you think the reason may be nothing to do with your age, but more linked to things like your signature and that you used to (briefly) have a picture of Enoch Powell as your avatar.? And I will quite openly state that I asked the mods to ban you based on the latter. The PM you received was completely out of order though.

[quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Smudger"]All I can say is you lucky, lucky b-stard... back from the game at 6-o-clock! [:@]Got back to Norwich @ 9:30pm.All I have to say is that we were a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and that playing 3 players who can''t tackle (Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee) in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation was not the brightest of ideas.  Holt done well and looks to be getting back to full match fitness after his 3 match suspension.  It would be interesting to see the McNamee/Holt combo in the first half that finished with the ball in the net and which the ref ruled out again.As for all the King of SPAM fans once again I say McNamee is catching Simon... 2 assists in 2 starts now!

[/quote]

2 assists in 2 starts doesn''t equal the ammount of tackles Lappin made today, I''d admit Lappin has been out of sorts since Drury got injured but he had a good solid game today.

[/quote]Tell me how many tackles did Lappin win today?Can''t say I noticed that he won any...with the exception of the one where his moronic fan club applauded him sliding in on a player in the middle of the park in the first half and even then he still didn''t quite actually win the ball did he???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Smudger"]All I can say is you lucky, lucky b-stard... back from the game at 6-o-clock! [:@]

Got back to Norwich @ 9:30pm.

All I have to say is that we were a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and that playing 3 players who can''t tackle (Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee) in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation was not the brightest of ideas.  Holt done well and looks to be getting back to full match fitness after his 3 match suspension.  It would be interesting to see the McNamee/Holt combo in the first half that finished with the ball in the net and which the ref ruled out again.

As for all the King of SPAM fans once again I say McNamee is catching Simon... 2 assists in 2 starts now!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tell me how many tackles did Lappin win today?

Can''t say I noticed that he won any...with the exception of the one where his moronic fan club applauded him sliding in on a player in the middle of the park in the first half and even then he still didn''t quite actually win the ball did he???
[/quote]

There I said it, you will never see any good in him, he made tackles today and always tried to get something on the ball, cut him some slack will you please....

[quote user="adycanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Smudger"]All I can say is you lucky, lucky b-stard... back from the game at 6-o-clock! [:@]Got back to Norwich @ 9:30pm.All I have to say is that we were a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and that playing 3 players who can''t tackle (Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee) in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation was not the brightest of ideas.  Holt done well and looks to be getting back to full match fitness after his 3 match suspension.  It would be interesting to see the McNamee/Holt combo in the first half that finished with the ball in the net and which the ref ruled out again.As for all the King of SPAM fans once again I say McNamee is catching Simon... 2 assists in 2 starts now!

[/quote]

[/quote]Tell me how many tackles did Lappin win today?Can''t say I noticed that he won any...with the exception of the one where his moronic fan club applauded him sliding in on a player in the middle of the park in the first half and even then he still didn''t quite actually win the ball did he???[/quote]

There I said it, you will never see any good in him, he made tackles today and always tried to get something on the ball, cut him some slack will you please....

[/quote]Give some examples of some tackles he made... coz I quite simply don''t remember any other than the one I have mentioned.Your inability to give us precise examples shows that he did not win tackles all over the park.We were far too lightweight in the midfield, with only Smith knowing how to put his foot in!

PS - We have also been led to believe by the King of SPAM lovers and the club media and Archant etc that Lappin''s 7 assists was something to be overwhelmed about.McNamee has 2 x assists in 2 starts... how many would he have if he had played 30 odd games this season???

It''s grim up north .... and bloody cold. A depressing area and a ramshackle ground. Much as one or two dimwits would have Carrow Road, if they had their way.

What the eff was that mad mascot doing ? Clambering about amongst the home fans gesturing at our lot.

Fair play to the stewards and plod they left things alone. No silly overreaction. Mind you the majority of the Oldham fans didn''t look above the age of criminal responsibilty.

Why did both Holt and Martin play so wide ?

Can some teach Rose how to cross a ball or explain to MacNamee that if he loses posession it might help if he chased after the player.... a bit. He should try watching Holt who performed a few splendid gallops across the park in pursuit of the ball. Even closed the keeper down completely in the first half.

Try explaining to the ref that it IS NOT a foul if the keeper and a player jump for the ball and the keeper doesn''t win the ball. Nor is it a foul if the striker nicks the keeper''s water !

Not enough bite in the midfield. Lappin won the ball numerous times and was not afraid to get his boot/body in when needed (I''ve not the slightest idea what an assist is).

Enjoyed the second when it became football as I knew. Bit blood and thunder, bit last ditch at both ends but they did not have the killing touch, thankfully. ''Half'' Price their striker was awful. Missed a number of chances and looked knackered.

Yep we looked ''out of sorts''. Other managers and coaches have worked out what we do and have countered it. That was always going to happen, but the spirited and dogged way we keep going is grinding out the results. No pre planning by our opponents can stop that.

Positives. We stepped a few more paces towards the title (others stood still). Another game closer to getting Drury back. We kept a clean sheet - Forster is ace, Superb stop in the 2nd half, great punch in the first. Oli came on like some Musical Hall act to entertain us all.

On a bloody cold day it was a delight to watch somebody try every trick he knows, run at the defence and remind us everytime you see him with the ball why you love this game so much.

Last positive was the entertainment I had with a ''lady of the night I met on the way back from the pub (I stayed in the Travelodge) friday night. Two quid

It was such a cold night she only charged me by the inch !

[quote user="City1st"]It''s grim up north .... and bloody cold. A depressing area and a ramshackle ground. Much as one or two dimwits would have Carrow Road, if they had their way.

What the eff was that mad mascot doing ? Clambering about amongst the home fans gesturing at our lot.

Fair play to the stewards and plod they left things alone. No silly overreaction. Mind you the majority of the Oldham fans didn''t look above the age of criminal responsibilty.

Why did both Holt and Martin play so wide ?

Can some teach Rose how to cross a ball or explain to MacNamee that if he loses posession it might help if he chased after the player.... a bit. He should try watching Holt who performed a few splendid gallops across the park in pursuit of the ball. Even closed the keeper down completely in the first half.

Try explaining to the ref that it IS NOT a foul if the keeper and a player jump for the ball and the keeper doesn''t win the ball. Nor is it a foul if the striker nicks the keeper''s water !

Not enough bite in the midfield. Lappin won the ball numerous times and was not afraid to get his boot/body in when needed (I''ve not the slightest idea what an assist is).

Enjoyed the second when it became football as I knew. Bit blood and thunder, bit last ditch at both ends but they did not have the killing touch, thankfully. ''Half'' Price their striker was awful. Missed a number of chances and looked knackered.

Yep we looked ''out of sorts''. Other managers and coaches have worked out what we do and have countered it. That was always going to happen, but the spirited and dogged way we keep going is grinding out the results. No pre planning by our opponents can stop that.

Positives. We stepped a few more paces towards the title (others stood still). Another game closer to getting Drury back. We kept a clean sheet - Forster is ace, Superb stop in the 2nd half, great punch in the first. Oli came on like some Musical Hall act to entertain us all.

On a bloody cold day it was a delight to watch somebody try every trick he knows, run at the defence and remind us everytime you see him with the ball why you love this game so much.

Last positive was the entertainment I had with a ''lady of the night I met on the way back from the pub (I stayed in the Travelodge) friday night. Two quid

It was such a cold night she only charged me by the inch ![/quote]Pretty much spot on, I reckon... although I do feel obliged to call you a southern softie for complaining about the cold... man up! [:P]

Nuff said "Arthur, do you think the reason may be nothing to do with your age, but more linked to things like your signature and that you used to (briefly) have a picture of Enoch Powell as your avatar.? And I will quite openly state that I asked the mods to ban you based on the latter. The PM you received was completely out of order though."

Have I ever thought its got nothing to do with my age? Have you ever thought my opions have got nothing to do with colour or race, just the fact that im patriotic?

Also asking the web team to ban me...please...grow a set of balls lad.....

Oh and my signature was a joke after someone suggested I added it as a signature....I took the joke on the chin and done it....and if you recall the Enoch Powell avatar, it was also because certain people kept saying things like "ok Enoch, whatever".

I thought it was quite warm today EM.I did start to wonder whether I had made the right option of choosing a slightly lighter jacket today when crossing the Pennines/Peak District with all the snow and fog that was up there.But it was warmer in Oldham than it has been for most of our home matches since just before Christmas and all of the away games that I have been to during that period with the possible exception of Millwall too.

And we were crap, so what! We won playing crap. It''s a sign of a good team. We are not going to be consistent every game! Take what we get and get on with it. No one can change it but the players and Lambert.

[quote user="Colton"]And we were crap, so what! We won playing crap. It''s a sign of a good team. We are not going to be consistent every game! Take what we get and get on with it. No one can change it but the players and Lambert.[/quote]I didn''t think we played as badly as you suggest.We done ok apart from the midfield sitting too deep and not winning enough tackles.

I wasn''t cold in the ground just coming out afterwards.

Did enjoy their steward''s half hearted attempt to get those at the back to sit down.

Very, very reminiscent of going to away matches in the 70''s. Mascot coaches, pints at Newmarket, cow shed grounds and run down surroundings.

For those who haven''t been to Oldham it''s a bit like what ipswich would look like if it had a bit of money spent on it.

ps the binners had put in for City of Culture, now there is someone with a great sense of humour

I did''nt mean it like that Smudger, I''m just trying to make the point of are recent form. Other than that yeah today was''nt bad. It''s never easy to play in bad conditions.