Rose-7-shakey start got better as game went on

Doherty-8-solid as ever

Nelson-7-reasonably solid but just kept hoofing it unnecessarily

Mcnamee-8- looks a class player

Smith-6-quiet but made some good tackles

Lappin-7-good game from the king

Martin-5- pure poo

Hoolahan-6-decent game but struggled at times

Holt-9-MOM never stopped working...the guys a legend!!

We were crap yet only 3 players scored belwo 7 out of 10? Not a particularly comprehensive report, however i wasn''t there so i''ll thank you anyway. Thanks.

At least we''re top by 5 points, come on!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]Oh Dear... that does not look good for Chris Martin. Can you give us more detail on his failings today ?[/quote]

Surely Oli will start against Yeovil now

[quote user="BARLODONA"]and we were crap! Forster 8 -one top class save Martin-7-standard Rose-7-shakey start got better as game went on Doherty-8-solid as ever Nelson-7-reasonably solid but just kept hoofing it unnecessarily Mcnamee-8- looks a class player Smith-6-quiet but made some good tackles Lappin-7-good game from the king Martin-5- pure poo Hoolahan-6-decent game but struggled at times Holt-9-MOM never stopped working...the guys a legend!![/quote]

How come you didn''t give them all 5 or 6 if they were that bad?

I went to the game and agree that didn''t play well in patches, but in others well did play.

At times we couldn''t find any space to play in, and eneded up hoofing it up field. But apart from a few occassions Oldham did not trouble Forster, despite missing a guilt edge opportunity in the first half.

Mncnamee played well, when he got the ball and was able to run at defenders and put a good cross in for the goal, but a wins a win and it is one closer to promotion

From the commentary i heard, they seemed to think Martin pulled a defender to the near post allowing Holt a header from McNamee''s cross at the back post. Will have to watch the FL Show to confirm this.

It seems we battled against a team whose record shows they are tough to break down, and who are fighting for their lives. They had only conceded 15 goals at home before today, so a 1 - 0 win is par for the course. To win this way is pretty efficient, if not pretty to watch. Its all about commitment, and we''ve got enough of it to se us through. Its a job well done today. Yeovil next.

Give the guy a rest... what he classes as a 7 maybe what you''d class as a 5.. Just work it out in your mind by taking off 2 if that''s the case, or don''t bother taking any notice of it. Where''s the gain in replying solely to rant about his ratings?

tbf as the first person who pointed it out, i didn''t mean to start everyone ganging up, but at least i did thank him for his efforts. For all i know he may only be 10 or something so cut him some slack...

Come on Arthur, with a 5500 post count i''m sure you can handle a bit of banter, and i''ll bet you''ve given your fair share. Hes (maybe even she) not a regular poster so i thank him for trying, he just needs a bit more practice and to think his ratings through a bit more carefully.

Come on Art, don''t pull the pensioner card out, as we are all behind these computer screens, we are all equal.

Back to topic, some people do see things different to others when it comes to ratings, sometimes, they can have a 7 for effort, grit and determination, but crapp for everything else from passing to shooting.

I can handle it, and im not pulling the pensioner card out. Im just saying whats the difference between saying a kids thread is nonsense to saying an OAPs is??? Would you walk up to an OAP in pubnlic and give him the abuse you give me to his face???

Water off a ducks back to me.....I notice the leftys on here dont demand equal rights for pensioners.LOL.

I don''t give you abuse, but yes on here people hide, people may not be so restrained on here compared to real life.

There is no difference in an OAP or a kids post, infact early thirties like me.

The lefties are far too busy getting into there skinny jeans and sorting out the recycling bin.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I can handle it, and im not pulling the pensioner card out. Im just saying whats the difference between saying a kids thread is nonsense to saying an OAPs is??? Would you walk up to an OAP in pubnlic and give him the abuse you give me to his face???

Water off a ducks back to me.....I notice the leftys on here dont demand equal rights for pensioners.LOL.[/quote]Never mind Arthur, just keep thinking of your £250 heating allowance.LOL

[quote user="Docs Big Nose"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Oh Dear... that does not look good for Chris Martin. Can you give us more detail on his failings today ?[/quote]

[/quote]And Martin''s scored how many? jeez, I give up![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Docs Big Nose"]

[/quote]And Martin''s scored how many? jeez, I give up![:S][/quote]Oli looks good against tiring defences Wiz but I can''t see Lambert starting him anytime soon.

Wiz, i think most city fans will agree, Chrissy has not been playing that well lately. Oli does deserve another chance, and a chance to play with Holt as well. Martin needs a rest, lets not forget hes still only 21 and he has put in a fair shift for the best part of the season.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its a forum pal, thats what happens.

People rip apart my threads, thats what happens on forums.[/quote]Oh don''t be so ridiculous. Just because it''s a forum doesn''t give people an excuse to be unecessarily unkind. If you were stood in line at the bar after the game and a stranger said what he said in his post you''d not get anyone ranting about his ratings.As an old fart you should know better, it''s a poor state of affairs if you can only get your kicks with coming online and picking fault at peoples posts.

Its not about layalty, i think at least 95% of fans would have Chris in over Oli, but at this moment, Chris isn''t playing his best football. I know he played a part in the goal without touching it, but from the sounds of things (i wasn''t there, doubt you were either) he didn''t have a great game. Oli on the other hand has had a big impact on games and now deserves a chance against Yeovil, whilst we rest chris for the upcoming season deciders. See my point...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im in my early 70s, a seasoned OAP, but nobody seems to cut any slack when it comes to trying to bully a pensioner!!![/quote]Well, you''re hardly shy, frail and retiring [:P]

Going back to the point of the thread, I was there today  and whilst I thought Holt took his goal well and harried the defence the entire game, he achieved little else of particular note, some good touches and passes aside.  Both he and Martin drifted out wide way too often, and towards the end of the second half we found ourselves attacking with men spare and the only person who managed to get into the box was Russell Martin who stroked it into the ''keeper''s arms.  Had Holty not gone wandering, it might have looked like a more comfortable scoreline.  That''s not to criticise their form, they''re still a class above many other strikers in this league, particularly their opposite number Jason Price, who was absolutely gash.Johnson looked lively but didn''t really influence the game, but really should have scored towards the end when the ball broke to him unmarked in the box and he casually tried to place it instead of blasting it into the net.MOTM would be a toss-up between The Doc, Nelson and Lappin, for me... the irony being that there''ll be plenty of people on here who will come along slagging them off after listening to the game on the wireless... Each one threw their bodies on the line on countless occasions, and Lappin was popping up all over the park with crunching tackles and some good touches.Smith and Hoolahan tried hard but toiled against a well-organised Oldham midfield, I don''t think the 4-4-2 suits either of these players particularly well.  Russell Martin was solid if unspectacular, whilst Forster was solid whilst also making a couple of brilliant saves in the second half.Macnamee has some good pace going forward but his work-rate is non-existant - he makes Dickson Etuhu look like Gary Holt.  Some people have compared him favourably with Hucks, but he has nowhere near as much pace and menace to his play, and the only comparison is the lack of tracking back... which didn''t help poor Rose, who looked nervous and uncomfortable throughout the game.  Its the first time I''ve seen him and whilst I don''t think he''s got an ounce of the class and skill that Drury has, I don''t think having Macnamee in front of him does him any favours.Overall, we worked hard and ground out the result against the classic ''well-organised, battling unit'' - people forget that at this stage of the season, as the relegation battle hots up, clubs towards the bottom are often going to be harder to beat than they were some months ago.  Our goal was a moment of pure class from a number of players - Hoolahan''s delightful through-ball to Macnamee, whose pin-point cross was bured with aplomb by Holt who''d found space after Martin''s run had torn their defence asunder.  It was a good result, especially with the Leeds game earlier, and anyone who complains about this game simply wasn''t there.  No it wasn''t a classic, and it certainly wasn''t pretty, but it was a very good 3 points in the bag.

AndyWhyteUK, have you ever actually read some of the bordering on sick abuse I have taken on this forum, yet do you see me crying or bleating to the web team to get threads removed?

Ive had PMs of certain people saaying "i hope you die of cancer", but never felt the need to bring it up till now.

Water off aducks back to me.....keyboard warriors.