Sign in to follow this  
ca

Have we ever been prouder?

Proudest moments.....top 3

Bayen Munich 2-1

Milk Cup Semi Ipswich 2-0

59ers cup run.

Many more to choose from...

Im very proud at the moment but, I would be lying if I said proudest.

But I am proud today so lets not dampen the mood.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I think I understand what CA means. Yes, we have played at higher levels and celebrated in more elevated circumstances but...... after years of long decline and tangible mismanagement we now have a situation of such togetherness and passion throughout the Club capable of tearing a victory from adversity we are feeling hugely proud to be Norwich supporters. We have known these times before but in recent years the contrasting disappointment has been demoralising to the point that a return to the feel good is amplified. The division is irrelevant, if you want to be a glory hunter in the upper echelons go and support Manure through your TV. Norwich City is a Club with an extraordinary civic identity. Supporters celebrate their love of their City and County through the Club. It is important we own our own players and have our own youth coming through or have players who come here, love it and stay. It is important we have passionate and effective Club management and a team manager and coaching staff who command respect. Do some people honestly sit and say to themselves, ''You know what? I feel proud, but I feel I have to temper that pride with a sense of proportionality?'' I''m with CA. I feel as proud now as I ever have of Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]

You explained exactly how I was feeling and thinking much better than I did Rudolph.

Yes there have been prouder moments but as I wrote my post on a real high in a moment of sheer passion and excitement only today''s proudness seemed to register in my mind. [:)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

But those in Munich that night..........comon, you know where im coming from hey???[/quote]Ja!  When we goose-stepped through the Reichsplatz together und saluted our new Fuhrer!Oh, sorry Arthur, you mean the other time in Munich.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

We have gone from bottom of the table on the first day to top before the end of January.

What an achievement.

[/quote]I agree, congrats everyone whatever our differences that is in the words of Barry Fry a magnificent achievement [:)]

Great performance. Here are yesterday''s stats on Player

(City/Brentford):

Possession: 54%/46%

Shots: 21/9

On target: 10/4

Corners: 8/5

All that with 10 men for more than half the match! The resillience of this side is incredible. The key to staying top may come in the next 5 weeks to the end of February. While City play 6 matches over that period, Leeds have to play 10 (including 2 cup matches). Charlton play 7.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve never been prouder than I was today

Proud of the lads for the way they fought and never gave up

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

I am so proud and bet you are too [:)]

[/quote]

Decidedly OTT City Angel but I agree with the basic sentiment. I assume you were at Carrow Road that night we put Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup? Today v Brentford whilst really exciting and commendable was simply not on the same planet!! 

Agree with the bold decision of the boy Lambert to ...''go for it''. Could you ever imagine Worthy doing that?? It would have been a 4-4-1 formation straight away.

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

As for Worthy Yellow Rider - you obviously weren''t at Fratton Park in 2005. Different status but same pride my friend.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Spot on CA, the team were immense in the second half considering we had 10 men and even though they had three or four chances we gave them plenty to think about. Extremely enjoyable afternoon and I can''t remember the last time I felt as proud as I do tonight.[/quote]

When was the last time we won with 10 men ?  Does anybody know the answer ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Spot on CA, the team were immense in the second half considering we had 10 men and even though they had three or four chances we gave them plenty to think about. Extremely enjoyable afternoon and I can''t remember the last time I felt as proud as I do tonight.[/quote]

When was the last time we won with 10 men ?  Does anybody know the answer ?

[/quote]

I guess it depends on how long we had 10 men for. Yesterday was for over half a game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thinking about it we won at Forest last season after The Doc was sent off in the first half.

[/quote]

Much more recent than I thought. Cheers. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

[/quote]

Decidedly OTT City Angel but I agree with the basic sentiment. I assume you were at Carrow Road that night we put Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup? Today v Brentford whilst really exciting and commendable was simply not on the same planet!! 

Agree with the bold decision of the boy Lambert to ...''go for it''. Could you ever imagine Worthy doing that?? It would have been a 4-4-1 formation straight away.

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

As for Worthy Yellow Rider - you obviously weren''t at Fratton Park in 2005. Different status but same pride my friend.

[/quote]

Spot on Nutty. Yes, we''re in the Third Division, yes the glories of Munich are years behind us, and yes, we have a huge debt. None of those things were changed by yesterday, everyone knows and accepts that fact.

There is, however, a difference between perspective and curmudgeonly dismissal. From what I recall it was Adam Drury, not Mark Bowen overlapping on the left yesterday and Chrissie Martin, not Chris Sutton leading the line. Lesser players maybe (although Martin will be another City great in due course) but did that mean that their courage didn''t make me want to sing my heart out for them? As a fan you can ask no more than from those representing your team to give every last ounce of their strength for the badge and we got that yesterday, so I, for one, am satisfied.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak*. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

[/quote]

* What''s the point of injecting this sentence?

Worthy at Portsmouth. Did he put 3 at the back and go for broke? I don''t get that from the article you reference in his support.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Worthy at Portsmouth. Did he put 3 at the back and go for broke? I don''t get that from the article you reference in his support.[/quote]But you would if you''d have been there dear boy! Surely, that was nutty''s point!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Worthy at Portsmouth. Did he put 3 at the back and go for broke? I don''t get that from the article you reference in his support.[/quote]But you would if you''d have been there dear boy! Surely, that was nutty''s point![/quote]

You know it wasn''t.

OTBC

Nutty,if City win the Premiership in 2011/12 and reach the FA Cup final with Lambert still as manager will you please give up this crusade of yours to try and convince us that Worthy walked on water.we will soon be entering Lamberts 7th month in charge with no blemishes on his NCFC CV.I am sure that there will be the odd problem with him somewhere down the line but until then please spare us your lessons in hindsight

[quote user="dpit"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]They done well. But I have been proud many more times than today, say promotion to the Prem, Europe, many more, this is still the 3rd division and we should be doing well against a team that got promoted last year from the bottom tier....[/quote]

A man with persepctive. What a refreshing change. We won. It''s great. We''re top. It''s great. We''re in the third division. That''s crap. We got relegated last season. That was crap too. Over the top reactions do you no favours.

[/quote]

Well said.

It certainly was an entertaining, enjoyable, incident packed match with an important outcome - but we are where we should be in this division, fighting it out for automatic promotion. Once back in the second tier, our rightful/expected league placing should be within the top 6, ultimately getting into the top tier.

We are a club (much like Leeds, Charlton & Southampton) which fell to it''s knees, now trying to drag itself back in the direction of where it should be.

Nottingham Forest should be the example of what we need to do. Promoted from League 1 with a squad of young, talented & hungry players who have gone from strength to strength.

Beating Brentford at home (with 10 men) was an expected & necessary result in the course of a season which must end in promotion. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty,if City win the Premiership in 2011/12 and reach the FA Cup final with Lambert still as manager will you please give up this crusade of yours to try and convince us that Worthy walked on water.we will soon be entering Lamberts 7th month in charge with no blemishes on his NCFC CV.I am sure that there will be the odd problem with him somewhere down the line but until then please spare us your lessons in hindsight[/quote]

Tilly, hindsight is your middle name old boy. You are the master of it. The way you seamlessly move form scapegoat to scapegoat is an absolute work of art. So please spare me the pot and kettle routine. My post recognised our great performance yesterday under Lambert. The pride I felt was in the performance. The status was irrelevant to that. Much like the pride I felt on New years Day at Fratton Park was in the performance and not the status.

For those who are more interested in status than performance, and there are plenty on here, would do well to remember that that game against Portsmouth was in the Premier League.

Why is it not possible to enjoy what we have now without trying to rubbish what we had in the past. I wonder  if those who are so eager to do that were actually at the game yesterday. It''s better when you''re actually there, you can feel the pride and enjoy it for what it is rather than some reflective glory from afar[H][;)]

I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

And when the chips were down yesterday we could fold or we could fight.  All too often City folded (incidentally Nutty, one notable failure was home to Man City after Jonson was sent off.  No Worthy magic that night) but yesterday they fought.  Lambert fought tactically and the players fought every step of the way.   This was not the Norwich of the last three or four years.  If we had shown that heart at Fulham we would still be in the Prem.

Yes it was 3rd division.  But we turned an important and perhaps essential corner yesterday.  We made our own luck and beat a good team and a poor referee.

Yesterday was about character and I am immensely proud of the character of all from Lambert to the youngest Korey Smith.   I am proud that we have players who have the heart that this Club and we as fans deserve.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty,if City win the Premiership in 2011/12 and reach the FA Cup final with Lambert still as manager will you please give up this crusade of yours to try and convince us that Worthy walked on water.we will soon be entering Lamberts 7th month in charge with no blemishes on his NCFC CV.I am sure that there will be the odd problem with him somewhere down the line but until then please spare us your lessons in hindsight[/quote]

Tilly, hindsight is your middle name old boy. You are the master of it. The way you seamlessly move form scapegoat to scapegoat is an absolute work of art. So please spare me the pot and kettle routine. My post recognised our great performance yesterday under Lambert. The pride I felt was in the performance. The status was irrelevant to that. Much like the pride I felt on New years Day at Fratton Park was in the performance and not the status.

For those who are more interested in status than performance, and there are plenty on here, would do well to remember that that game against Portsmouth was in the Premier League.

Why is it not possible to enjoy what we have now without trying to rubbish what we had in the past. I wonder  if those who are so eager to do that were actually at the game yesterday. It''s better when you''re actually there, you can feel the pride and enjoy it for what it is rather than some reflective glory from afar[H][;)]

[/quote]

Nutty, of course, you are correct on this statement. However, how does pressing this point benefit anyone. Why not simply leave it as an unspoken fact rather than make those of us that can''t be there feel less than we otherwise would?  

Why is it not possible to enjoy what we have now without trying to rubbish what we had in the past. I wonder  if those who are so eager to do that were actually at the game yesterday. It''s better when you''re actually there, you can feel the pride and enjoy it for what it is rather than some reflective glory from afar*[H][;)]

[/quote]

So those who live away and can''t be there are some form of lower category supporter, eh? Rather like those you would term second class citizens I suppose.

And for the second time this thread.

Go jump.

OTBC

took my missus and 5 yr old boy yesterday and although it was a restricted view seat we all had superb day out. Was choked at the end when the wife said how much she had enjoyed her first match for 5  years .Told her its still back in the kitchen sunday though for her!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

And when the chips were down yesterday we could fold or we could fight.  All too often City folded (incidentally Nutty, one notable failure was home to Man City after Jonson was sent off.  No Worthy magic that night) but yesterday they fought.  Lambert fought tactically and the players fought every step of the way.   This was not the Norwich of the last three or four years.  If we had shown that heart at Fulham we would still be in the Prem.

Yes it was 3rd division.  But we turned an important and perhaps essential corner yesterday.  We made our own luck and beat a good team and a poor referee.

Yesterday was about character and I am immensely proud of the character of all from Lambert to the youngest Korey Smith.   I am proud that we have players who have the heart that this Club and we as fans deserve.

[/quote]

Very, very well said

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Nutty, of course, you are correct on this statement. However, how does pressing this point benefit anyone. Why not simply leave it as an unspoken fact rather than make those of us that can''t be there feel less than we otherwise would?  

[/quote]

Because Yankee my friend, it''s a poster who never goes who always has to try and spoil it for those who do. You got caught in the crossfire, and I''m truely sorry about that and for all other decent posters who can''t be there. But to be fair, you and all other decent posters who can''t be there, don''t always know best and try and take the shine off the day for those who are lucky enpough to go.

And Cambridge, I was proud that day at Fratton Park. A couple of thousand City fans were just as proud. picking another game where we went down to 10 men and failed won''t change that. Just as nothing that happens in the future can change the pride we felt yesterday.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

[/quote]

Very, very well said

[/quote]

Thank you.  It''s how I felt yesterday and still do today.  The sight near the end of Russell pounding through the midfield on a breakway when he must have felt every muscle screaming, Drury running through the centre circle to close down their defenders,Smith and Lappin charging across the field to block attacks and Doc battling away to just between the ball and the goal just typified the heart and commitment of these warriors.

Yesterday they were lions.  Yesterday they were men.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

So those who live away and can''t be there are some form of lower category supporter, eh? Rather like those you would term second class citizens I suppose.

And for the second time this thread.

Go jump.

OTBC

[/quote]

No, just you[:|]

[/quote]

I thought this thread was all about Lambert and the team yesterday and how proud and pleased we all are.I am not trying to rubbish past magic moments but as usual Nutty you have to throw Worthy into the mix.

Where did i "rubbish" what we had in the past?

What the hell is the "scapegoat" mention all about?

I am the master of hindsight am i? I thought i was the leader of the "witch hunts"which is a term you have previously liberally used in the past over the two meetings NCISA have had at St Andrews Hall which you obviously saw as an attempt to oust Worthy and then Bryan Gunn.Hardly the work of the master of hindsight is it?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

''A fact'' in your view, but not mine. His view is especially objectionable when taken together with the previous sentence and a prior post on this thread.

It is a view that he has always overtly pressed it throughout his contributions to this board, and he has no intention of hiding it.

It''s something he believes - apparently rather deeply.

So get used to it being thown in your face.

OTBC

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

[/quote]

Very, very well said

[/quote]

Thank you.  It''s how I felt yesterday and still do today.  The sight near the end of Russell pounding through the midfield on a breakway when he must have felt every muscle screaming, Drury running through the centre circle to close down their defenders,Smith and Lappin charging across the field to block attacks and Doc battling away to just between the ball and the goal just typified the heart and commitment of these warriors.

[/quote]

I thought they were immense yesterday, and you could see how much they wanted a win, I am very proud of them all, they dug deep and battled for the shirt and the victory, and  I am also proud of the NC faithful who pushed them on every inch of the way with the chants, songs and cheering.  I myself have no voice today, and it''s been many years since I have stood for so long in the LB singing and clapping.  In fact one guy reckoned I was like a tigger toy bouncing hahaha.

Did I care?  Hell no, I was as proud yesterday as I was the day we beat Bayern and when won the Milk Cup and promotion, after the past 5 seasons of lack lustre, passionless matches with more loan players than contracted ones we are finally seeing our own players (mostly) playing with passion, desire and we fans are brimmed full of confidence, due to the team and a good manager and backroom staff, also a board now who will take no c**p.

Pride is a funny word, and one thrown around too often, but I can tell you this, I am filled with pride for what the team has achieved this season so far [:)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

[/quote]

Very, very well said

[/quote]

Absolutely. Doc''s late block, when he appeared to be too far away to get anything on the ball epitomised a performance of total commitment and self belief. I could have flown out of the ground yesterday and must have still been grinning in my sleep last night.I haven''t felt like that after a City game for far too long.

[/quote]