Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Mike Dean, referee, oh no !!

Oh dear folks, the arrogant tosser from the prem who is Mike Dean, i used to work with his lovely wife many years ago and had the misfortune to meet him on many occasions when he was a lower league ref at the time, a very arrogant man who incidentally stated his dislike of Norwich repeatedly, in all the games he has ever reffed us we have never won, expect no favours !!!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]We will be lucky if Dean doesn''t send one of our players off.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, Rudolph - it looks like he can''t wait to send off either Holty or the Doc! And what about the treatment that Hoolihan is getting? No protection from Dean whatsoever.

I thought he was very biased. The pen should also have been a red and he gave so many unwarranted free kicks to Colchester. Like someone earlier said, Hooli had a bad time of it especially.

[quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]I thought he was very biased. The pen should also have been a red and he gave so many unwarranted free kicks to Colchester. Like someone earlier said, Hooli had a bad time of it especially.[/quote]Watched it on the Internet and he seemed to be giving them a lot of freekicks in dangerous areas for what looked like 50/50 challenges.However we were so superior that it didn''t matter.

[quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]*Sorry, Link NR9. Look at my post count rocket up, feel like a right banana.
[/quote]

No probs - by the way, I don''t look like that in real life - honest!

By the way, are you a Kiwi resident over here, or on a Gap Year or whatever?

Bottled it big time when immediately after booking Lisbie, the plank raised his hand at Russell which should of seen him walking!

Also the decision when booked the Doc for kicking the ball away was after giving ColWHO a free kick when Lisbie had lost his balance with the Doc not even touching him

Many mistakes but thats the norm I''m afraid!

I listened to the game and it sounded like a fresh relief to have a decent ref for once, of Premiership standard!

[quote user="Largey"]

I listened to the game and it sounded like a fresh relief to have a decent ref for once, of Premiership standard!

[/quote]Well I attended it and the ref was poor. Lost authority after the Lisbie incident having turned his back on a simmering conflict, later booked Holt for getting elbowed in the face.He was a c*ck.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Well I attended it and the ref was poor. Lost authority after the Lisbie incident having turned his back on a simmering conflict, later booked Holt for getting elbowed in the face.

He was a c*ck.

[/quote]

I also attended the game and thought he was very poor seemed to give the majority of 50/50 decisions to the home side. Semed very eager to book players early on booked Hoolahan after he was fouled booked Martin for nothing.  

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Oh dear folks, the arrogant tosser from the prem who is Mike Dean, i used to work with his lovely wife many years ago and had the misfortune to meet him on many occasions when he was a lower league ref at the time, a very arrogant man who incidentally stated his dislike of Norwich repeatedly, in all the games he has ever reffed us we have never won, expect no favours !!!![/quote]

You mean a referee then.....

I guess you are the gob on the Sunday League team then, I don''t mean that in a harsh way, but I can imagine you now, 5 minutes in ''OH REFFFFF!''

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]*Sorry, Link NR9. Look at my post count rocket up, feel like a right banana.[/quote]

No probs - by the way, I don''t look like that in real life - honest!

By the way, are you a Kiwi resident over here, or on a Gap Year or whatever?

[/quote]Kiwi born and raised but have family just down the road from you- in Wymondham. Followed Norwich all my life and been here for the last six years. Unfortunately I work most weekends, so haven''t been to a game for a long time. Did manage to catch most of the game on the internet today (yesterday now) though.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]I thought he was very biased. The pen should also have been a red and he gave so many unwarranted free kicks to Colchester. Like someone earlier said, Hooli had a bad time of it especially.
[/quote]
Watched it on the Internet and he seemed to be giving them a lot of freekicks in dangerous areas for what looked like 50/50 challenges.
However we were so superior that it didn''t matter.
[/quote]

Why do I almost invariably seem to agree with you Ricardo?

OTBC

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Oh dear folks, the arrogant tosser from the prem who is Mike Dean, i used to work with his lovely wife many years ago and had the misfortune to meet him on many occasions when he was a lower league ref at the time, a very arrogant man who incidentally stated his dislike of Norwich repeatedly, in all the games he has ever reffed us we have never won, expect no favours !!!![/quote]

If you met him on many occasions you should have picked up on why he dislikes Norwich.

It might be interesting to hear.

OTBC

That was rather harsh Norfolk lutonian! I was far too good for sunday league :) , im not a whinger but i met him on many occasions at social do`s, worked with and was very good friends with his wife, my opinion on him is based on the refereeing i have seen and talking with him, he smacks of arrogance and no-one i know likes him, prior to his going full time as referee he was a very hated supervisor at the Chicken factory in Sandycroft.

I could tell you some things he told me but they would be removed as being libelous, put it this way his suspension by the F.A. a few yrs back over alleged betting on games wasnt just smoke without fire, i even emailed the F.A. about a conversation me and 3 others had with him, all who were willing to give statements but suprise suprise the F.A. didnt want to know, and this was when he was suspended, as regards his dislike of Norwich he never gave a reason, tho he never liked me, but there you go, hope this answers your questions.

From the not Sunday league clogger !!!!