Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Lambert favourite for Burnley

Either way Paul Lambert will be at Celtic before he gets Norwich to the premiership.A Celtic legend and I cannot see mowbray being there too long.You can tell he will be a top manager , very level headed , he doesnt slag players off in public , doesnt get carried away , and isnt an attention seeker who wants all the credit himself.

Is he still on a rolling contract? Offer him a 2 and a half year deal to stay.

I jist looked at the odds, thats rather worrying. The bookies rarely get it wrong.

This would be a nightmare if we went to colchester on the 16th without Lambert..can you imagine the abuse???

Just a thought....If we have all these reports of players coming in....would the board really allow the money to be spent on them if lambert was leaving???

this quote from there website worries me

"As much as we are disappointed, there are always young, hungry,

winning managers who are out there who want a challenge who want to do

something and make their name, I think we would like to have the same recipe again, as much a possible, and I think there are choices that we can consider"

Seems to rule out the old guard like Coppell and very much rules in someone like Lambert

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just a thought but it''s funny how his odds seem to have drastically shortened since the news about our ever-increasing debt has come out. I think there are people who don''t really know much about us who have put two and two together and got five.[/quote]

Nope. Bookies respond to money placed, which often follows inside info.

I don''t expect him to go but wouldn''t be surprised.

And as regards the tribunal - it wouldn''t make a bit of difference if he wasn''t your manager when the case came to be heard.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just a thought but it''s funny how his odds seem to have drastically shortened since the news about our ever-increasing debt has come out. I think there are people who don''t really know much about us who have put two and two together and got five.[/quote]Wouldnt have thought so. These next manager odds only really shift when one person is having significant amounts of money put on them, or the bookies get some sort of insider info.To me it appears as though there is a rumour going around at least that Lambert is favourite for the job. Whether its a true or false rumour is the key. At the end of the day it only takes one person to say to a mate ''Right ive got a source which says x is the next manager of x'' He sticks a load of money on, tells all his mates about it and then the money gets piled on. Lets just hope its false information.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Brian Laws now favourite.[/quote]Only because Ladbrokes have Lambert at 5''s. Hes still favourite with 3 of the 4 bookies offering odds. I might stick a quid on Glenn Roeder at 100/1

It should be borne in mind that although this is worrying the markets for these jobs where smaller clubs are involved are often quite small. It therefore does not take a massive amount of money being bet on a particular candidate to see a relatively large swing in the odds. When our job was previously up for grabs a number of managers odds changed very quickly on certain days, none of whom ended up being appointed or even interviewed in some cases.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Brian Laws now favourite.[/quote]

Not any more Pete Lamberts odds are shifting all the time as well - could be betting suspended soon

Excellent point Mr Smith. Just takes a couple of people who think they know something to tell a couple of mates and the whole market can change.

If I were a Norwich fan I wouldn''t be sweating too much.

lambert I expect to stay, I am sure he is happy with his rel. with mcnally and can see over the next 2-3 years we will move to be a mid table championship team... it is essential tho that we clearly get new investment

however burnley have a very rich american owner, and has slowly drip fed money in, the club is nowhere near the red. So all that is shaping the club up nicely... there is the inital prem. money... certainly not a smaller club than us... has more money and will learn from this and become better

but you can see burnley can either do a stoke or do a reading or watford so tough one... but of course our club could also turn downwards if we don''t go up

sure he won''t go but it could be a great move, now would prem. teams look at him if he got us and kept us in the prem. prob not... so the call for celtic is probably a good one after ourselves

but that is the beauty no-one knows

Firstly you can forget the bookies odds on these things.  You can''t get more than 50 quid on with any of them and until Betfair go up with a market its just odds compilers who have got less of a clue than most people on this message board and Burnley fans betting 20 quid on who they hope might get the job.  I promise you it only takes peanuts to move a price with the firms before the Betfair market goes up.  Betfair won''t put a market up until Coyle has officially left.Secondly why would Lambert want to go to a club with a smaller fan base, who will probably be in the same league as us next year with a bit of luck, and all being well less potential in the future.  Burnley only really got where they are because of Coyle and will surely return back to being a mid Championship side before long.